Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tuesday Sept 12

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning my rotation called for Plyo X, but because of my sciatica/piriformis problem, I did Amy Bento's Step portion from Step & Pump x 3 to equal a 60 minute workout with warm up and cool down. I hope this doesn't aggravate my existing problem as it had some plyo in it. I didn't take my heartrate too much cuz I was too busy trying to follow the steps. I had to do it without the turns and I was still confused. I know I had a good workout though cuz my face was bright red for a hour or so after.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in from work later.

Charlotte - When is your concert? Did you see the Villainess soap site I mentioned yesterday? My Aug 8 and 9 BPAL orders just shipped. What dates did you order? I hope you have stuff in these orders that you like better. I was talking to a few people yesterday that said they had the same experience as you at first with BPAL. They said they kept picking ones they didn't like, but finally found ones they liked thru the freebies and swaps, etc. Keep me posted.

Good Morning,
Today I am doing Slow & Heavy Biceps, Triceps and Abs and cardio.

Lora, Amy's Step & Pump is one of the new dvd'z I just bought. I think I have most of the cardio down but going backwards up onto the step I tend to lead with the wrong foot. I am going to get that eventually:) Those straddle jacks may be a little more impact than you want. Do you think her Step Challenge is even harder to learn? I have read the reviews at video fitness.

Hi to everyone
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Diana Sue -

You don't have the older Step tape by Amy? Yes, it's a bit harder cuz it's longer. I have to do it without the turns and I have my own version of things at times when I'm lost but want to keep the intensity up. I've only done it about 4-5 times though. If I did it more, I'd get slightly better, but I think her cueing and terminology really throw me off. Seasun is an EXPERT at cues. I only follow so well with her because of that. Amy is a bit hyper/scatterbrained or something. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm always frazzled when I'm learning with her. The fact that she rarely previews a step or practices it a few times also is hard for me. I do better with "let's do this a couple of times and then move on". Anyway, I guess from what I've read on her Forum, the new stuff is going to be slightly easier to learn because she listened to feedback from her clients. Guess what?....Tracey Staehle is getting ready to film a couple more workouts (90 min ones). One strength and one cardio and she will be having a shipping party in a few days, so I should have my DVDs soon. (PS -- you were right about those jacks....I can feel my problem worsening right now).

My boss is off again today!! Yay!

This morning I decided to do Rhythmic Step. Other then the awful music in this one I really like it, its fun and I love the challenge part. I had a really hard time with it today, I don't know if I'm overtraining or if my period is making these workouts seem so much harder but my breathing was off and my HR - although it never got all that high - felt like it was beating out of my chest. This workout was an hour and I was in my zone for 50 minutes! That's very unusual for me. I burned 332 calories.

Charlotte - thats aweful about that woman. I hope they catch the punks that did that to her. How horrible.

Meaghan - great workout, yesterday! Diane Sue, same with you! We are all kicking some butt lately!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did my strength training. Today is my rest day/cleaning. I slept on the couch last night. I could not stop coughing and did not want to disturb dh as he gets up so early. In return, no one woke me up this morning and took care of themselves. I usually drive my son to bus stop, but he walked today. I woke up at 8am so I am still waking up. I stayed up and watched dateline about 911. Very sad. My dh is on the planes all the time so that could have been him on there, but that day he didn't travel. Not that particular flight, I am just saying.

Lora,

My latest orders are Aug 29th and 5th of Sept. I think there will be something in there that I will like this time. I am being optimistic. The concert is this Sunday at 2pm. I already told my dd's friend to plan on eating at this healthy restaurant that I love to go to. There will be disgusting food to eat at the concert. Probably microwave hamburgers, hotdogs, etc. I heard the pizza is not very good, but they do have salad!!!! I already plan on bringing some protein bars and sticking them in my purse and maybe a tunafish kit too. lol. I still want to get some red lipstick. I like the kind Diane Sue is wearing, but all I keep getting are pinky kinds.
Glad your boss is not around today. Your day will be much brighter without her. Enjoy it.

Diane Sue,

So what color is that lipstick that your wearing in your picture? It looks very good on you.

ETA: Debbie,

We posted same time. Yes, it is horrible what happened to that girl. I cannot wait to get the paper and maybe see who did this to her too. I told dd that I hope we don't know them.

Hello to all that follow. Be back later.

Charlotte~~

Good morning ladies.
No w/o last night. Had to go to the hosp.
Tonite is day 2 of the total body.Abs and cardio

I am trying to talk the DH into a smith machine.He would have to get rid of his 30 yr old bench thingy.It takes up so much room. I will talk him into it.
We have our ways. You know....

He told me i don't lift weights....
I am seriously going to make him do a tape with me.
He tells me he likes the way i am looking, but I don't lift weights.
Men....
Well gotta get ready for work.
Have a great day and awesome w/o's
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Charlotte- i hope that cough goes away. I took some pics last night, but they came out awful. You can't really see anything, so I will ask my DH to help me tonight. Sometimes when I look at my arms flexed, I like the way they look, but when I take a pic, I think they look like man arms!

Deb- maybe you are just having an off day? That's great that you did it though. I agree everyone has been on a roll lately.

Anne- I hope you get your smith machine!!

Hi Lora and DS! Have a great day!

I am doing chest and cardio later.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

Hi Ladies!!

Charlotte - your comments on food reminded me of this. When I went to the Buckcherry concert in Cleveland, I ate lunch at home at 1:30 pm and then I didn't have anything to eat until before the concert, around 7:00 pm, I had 2 apples and a granola bar for dinner. That night it was over 100 degrees in the small club and we were drenched from sweat.........out of curiousity, I got on the scale when I got home and surprisingly, my weight read 120 and I usually weigh 125-126. Too bad it only lasted until I ate and got water back in my system. I never eat concert food. I always either starve or eat snacks in the car on the way there and back.

Anne,

Ask him after sex. lol.

Meg,

What is wrong with manly looking arms? That is what I want!!!! I really like the way Monica Bryant looks. Have a great workout.

Charlotte~~

Lora,

I can't tolerate the smell of greasy foods anymore, much less eat them. I will be alright with my survival kit of fish and protein bars and plus I only need to eat dinner there. I will have eatened three meals before I get there anyways so I should be fine. I gotta go find that lipstick today.

Charlotte~~

Meaghan - the same thing happens to me! I see my reflection in the mirror and I see all these muscles. I go to take a picture and my camera doesn't see the same thing I do. WFT? My camera sucks anyways, it usually takes blurry pics.

Charlotte - on your picturetrail, do you have to pay for the other albums you have out there? I know one is free, but don't they charge for multiple albums?

Morning Maniacs!

Arggh! I can't seem to wake up on time for a workout lately! Oh well. :( Today is Shoulders and Arms X and ARX. I'm hoping I don't get any interuptions later today. Geez, If only I didn't have a job, I'd be fine. LOL!!!

Debbie, I have more than one album on picture trail and it's still free for me.

Anne, hope your Dad is doing better. And of coarse you lift weights. Guys are so dodo sometimes. LOL!

Meg, I go through the aweful picture taking thing myself. I see the definition and then take a picture and it looks like I've never done a thing in my life, but yet I'm also afraid of Manly arms, Doh!. I'm sure I could never get them, but still.;) I like Diane Sues Arms. They are just right.

Toasty, Hope you find the RED lip stick today.

Lora, wouldn't it be nice if we could really lose 5 or 6 lbs. in on night at a concert. LOL!

PS. Hey, have we scared off our youngster?

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - Don't feel bad, I had a hell of a time getting up this morning and I love early mornings. Not sure whats in the air lately. Some kind of sleeping drug!

Good question, where did Adri go? I think we may have scared her off.

Maybe Adri's busy with school work??? Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Charlotte - I emailed you at i crossed the line addy. I keep forgetting to look at your new pic's and I can't view them from work, as they are blocked. I'll have to check them out later.

Dallys- yes, too bad we can't lose 5 at a concert...cuz if so, I'd be down the 10 pounds I'd like to lose!!

Debbie - GH was not a rerun last night. Your tape must have not taped. I hate when that happens!!

I agree about Diana Sue's arms! When I grow up I want to be just like Diana Sue...LOL! She has perfect definition. Feminine but muscular!! She's a dynamo.................and Deb is also!! Heck, we all are....only some of us come in different packaging!

Adri - Where are you???

Lora - I watched it on Soapnet last night. That was the weirdest thing. I rewound my tape like I always do to get ready for the week worth of shows. When I got home yesterday I rewound the tape and it rewound 1 hour worth of tape. When I went to watch it, it was last Monday's show. So what did it do, run at play instead of record? LOL! I don't get it. At least I seen it. It was pretty good.

Good Morning,
This morning I did Kick Max w/u and cardio, Cardio Party Remix minus the w/u, Slow & Heavy Triceps and Biceps str. I will do abs this evening.
french press 25# dumbbells
lying triceps extensions 15# dumbbells
triceps kickbacks 10# dumbbells
triceps dips w/ 45# barbell
biceps curls 25#,20#,20# dumbbells
hammer curls 25#,20#,20# dumbbells
barbell curls 45#,40#,40#
forearms 25# barbell and 5# dumbbells

You know I look in the mirror at times and think I am too big. I think I get mixed emotions on where I want to go with my training so it goes back and forth. In most magazines I think the fitness models look great. Then every once in awhile I see someone whose legs really do look like mens legs or their whole physique looks really masculine and I think if you took off the head you would have to guess. So, I will train heavy till I feel like I am looking bulky and then go into endurance and circuits for awhile or lighten up a little. I guess I am a mess. Plus I just like the feeling of accomplishment when I reach a new weight goal so I know that I am progressing somewhere:)

Charlotte, I am pretty sure the lipstick I had on was Avon Perfect wear classic berry. I love this one and the crimson one for red colors. I have a Bed Head one called Glamour that is nice but it doesn't have the staying power.

Dallys and Lora, thanks for the compliments on my arms:)

Anne, you said you went to the hospital. I hope your Dad is doing alright!

Hi Maeghan, Debbie,Sheila, Adri,
Everyone else that I may have missed
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Diana Sue - it's not only your arms, but your entire body has great definition. If I keep increasing my weights, maybe some day?? I'm finally up to 15 pounds for dumbells on biceps and biceps are my weakest area....but I'm' using 10-12 for triceps and 12 for shoulders for P90X. Although, I still need that personal chef if I really want to lean out. That reminds me-- I was reading an article about shrinking your midsection and dieticians told the person to eat more soy, protein and less starches (they were a vegetarian also). My question is how the heck do you eat soy and what does it taste like? Also, how do you eat egg whites and make them appealing? YUK!! Like I said, I need a chef.......too bad I'm not rich and famous.

Seriously though....I think when I'm done with P90X...I'm going to start working my butt/legs like I read that JLo's trainer said she does....since I've been told I have a butt like J Lo. So my next mission is fat loss rotation and butt/thigh work, but I need to continue to work on my upper body too........how the heck does a working girl fit it all in?

ETA: I really don't think my butt is quite as large as JLo's!!!

>I agree about Diana Sue's arms! When I grow up I want to be
>just like Diana Sue...LOL! She has perfect definition.
>Feminine but muscular!! She's a dynamo.................and
>Deb is also!! Heck, we all are....only some of us come in
>different packaging!

Lora,

Your not grown up yet???? Well you know I haven't gotten there either. Not sure when that is gonna be either. I do agree, Diane Sue looks just right and knows what she is doing. I tell dh about her and the rest of you guys all the time. His jaw hits the floor when I tell him of what some of you maniacs do. Like you Lora, never getting your heartrate up high enough while doing p90x??? That is just something, and I am always wondering what you do with them balls besides lay on them!!!! lol. I know you are up to stuff. lmao

Debbie,

I pm'd you. he he.

Dallys,

Got "driven" lipstick by Revlon. Kinda berryish, but deeper and darker. Like the name too. Your trippin' just like Debbie today. lol.

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.