Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Tuesday October 3

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's Step Intensity Mix for 55 minutes. I did my own version of the steps I couldn't get to keep my HR up.

I'm running late for work so I can't really go into detail on this, but I'm glad I have it in my collection. It's like the Imax's and those are hard to come by in the fitness world. I love the Imax's but I get sick of doing them over and over. Tracey has some unique coreography and terminology. She wasn't annoying. The music was just okay. Can't compare to Cathe's, but it's not as bad as some stuff out there. I didn't really notice it too much cuz I was too busy trying to follow. There are some steps that are so different and she does a lot of turning so this will probably take a while to learn. The blasts are easy to follow though and are high impact like the Imax's. She does burpees, skating, flying jacks, tuck jumps, etc for the blasts and I think there are 9 or 10 of them (70 min total workout).

Have great workouts and I'll try to check in later.

ETA: Is it okay to do 3 total body weight workouts in a week if you don't feel real sore from it?

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did my strength training and posted. Also coremax 2 later in the evening. I am gonna ride my bike into town this morning.

Debbie,

Yes, I liked the pyramid style. I changed a few things. Did squats instead of plies and worked off smith machine some too. I also see you are catching up with me in bicep. I looked at what you are doing off the sheet and I am really impressed. Your progress is just flooring me.

Goldenrun,

Welcome!

Meg,

Checked out your pictures a few days ago. Forgot to tell ya that ya looking great...your leaning out more. Your dh doesn't look happy though to have his picture taken. lol. Your boys are just the cutest.

Randi,

Nice workout yesterday!

Anne,

Whatcha gonna do today?

Marietta,

Where you at?

Diane Sue,

I meant to tell ya that I like your new HOT Diane Sue signature! It fits you well.

Where is Lisa (Cecil)?

Sunnyside,

How is that bump doing? I do stuff like that all the time. Usually bumping my head all the time. What bionics do you have planned for the day?

Suz,

Sounds like you got some strong legs with whatcha be doing! You will be squatting 300# soon off your smith machine. I love that machine!

Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Have a great day

Charlotte~~

Charlotte- LOL! My DH always looks like that in pics LOL! He is a weirdo. I think it is because I always tell him he looks like Elvis when he smiles! LOL!. Oh well. Thanks! I REALLY need to take some fitness pics, because I do feel a little more "leaned out". Thanks!
Have a great ride.

Lora- sounds like a good WO. I may just have to invest in this one, or ask for it for Christmas. I am already making my list lOL!

Connor and Chase woke me up at 5, so I put them back to bed and did SJP. I like the ab work in this one. Really burned, although, I wish it did more oblique. If I get a chance I will do more abs later.

Yeah, where is Lisa and Marietta?

Good morning to the rest of you.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Morning all,
Been a bummer lately. I finally and hopefully for good quit smoking 3 weeks ago. I am feeling really crappy, tired , mean, and bloated.
Hot flashes at night. Wow...Hope it is over soon

Workouts with cardio have been good. I have been doing doubles with 40 min cardio and weights.Weights have been off. I feel weaker right now for some reason.
I was told body is repairing it self. I am going to feel crappy for a while.Like 10 weeks of this...

Skipped last night, had to get groc. after work. Needed veggies to munch on...Was really disappointed in the produce. It was pathetic. Looked crappy. I bought minimal to get me through a couple days.

Making baked Cauliflour w/ little parm cheese and garlic tonite.
It is really good....

Tonite was going to be this am,but i was up 1/2 the night and just got up:
It shall be definitely 40 min on the treadmill, performance program 1 or 2.
Pyramids down total body. Hopefully after all of that i will sleep better....
Char and Deb, I made a spread sheet of Deb's program where you can write in your own weight. If you want it mail me and i will send it on from work.
Have a great day...
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Had a great workout this morning, my knee is 100% better, but I skipped the leg work again today. Today's workout was supersetting 3 sets/12/8/5 reps with 1 ½ min. rest betweent ss. This is what I did:

SS #1
CG UH Chins - (used 6# total ankle weights) 5/4/5
Barbell Chest Press - 85#/12 - 95#/10 - 100#/6

SS #2
Dumbbell Shrugs instead of leg work: 20's/15 - 25's/12 - 30's/10
Upright Barbell Row (wide grip): 45#/12 - 50#/8 - 55#/6

SS #3
Barbell Curls: 40#/12 - 45#/10 - 55#/6
Pullovers: 32#/12 - 37#/10 - 42#/6

Did ab work from Slow & Heavy Bi's & Tri's & the stretch. Workout took 54 min., was in the zone for 32 min. and burned 247 calories. Really happy with that since I'm not doing cardio this week.

Be back later for personals.

Have great workouts!

Good Morning,
Todays workout will be cardio and Gym Style Legs. I am not sure of the cardio yet. It will be either kickbox or step.

Lora, thanks for the info on the Tracey Staehle workouts. I think you could do 3 Total Body workouts a week. I did this August. I tried to chose workouts that focused on everything equally the first time, day of abs and yoga/str, total body focusing more heavily on lower the second time, day of abs& yog/str, total body focusing mr heavily on upper third time, day of abs yoga str. and cardio all of the days. I did use some circuits and premixes to do this.

Charlotte, LOL on about my avatar!

Debbie, great workout

Anne, cheer up:) That is great that you quit smoking. The baked cauliflower sounds yummy.

Golden Rod, welcome. You are doing great if you lift Cathe's weights. For me it has taken years to get my weights up where they are. Initially if I remember right, when I started lifting weights my weight did increase. But I was working out hard, my appetite had increased and I had not read enough on eating correctly. I ate everything. Once I learned to pay attention to what I eat my weight dropped back down and I leaned out where the muscle tone started showing more. Now after years of doing this I seem to pretty much just maintain. Body Fat moves up & down a little and weight as well by about 3#-5#. Which generally is water weight.

Annette, what evil workout do you have planned today??:)

Hi to everyone
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Ann,

Hang in there with the smoking. I quit about 15 years ago. I won’t go into details (cuz I’m a recovering addict and suffer from depression). The biggest thing is that you quit and yes your body is repairing itself. Please don’t pick up that first ciggie or you’ll be smoking again. No matter how bad it gets……..Hang in there. If you think it would help, go buy some Nicorrette gum or the patch. I used the patch for about 3 weeks when I quit. It helped. It was one of the hardest things I did in my life, but I can HONESTLY say that I’m so glad I did it. I won’t lie and say that I never crave a cigarette even today……..but it get’s a lot easier with time. If you can do it this long, you can do it. How long your symptoms will last will differ from person to person depending on how much you smoked. I was a chain smoker when I quit, so it was pretty difficult. I’m very proud of you. If you need anything at all, please feel free to PM me. I’d love to offer my support cuz I know what you’re going thru. Take care.

ETA: I remember going in the bathroom at work to scream and deep breathing helps. I also called my husband and Mom (we all quit together). It helps to be able to vocalize your feelings.

Good Morning ladies;)
Today i'm doing PUB and 30 min of cardio. I woke up with a sore throat this morning it sucks!
Talk to you later
Randi

Diane Sue- I like the sounds of your August rotation. Maybe I will figure out something like that too. Doing weights always feels great, but alot of the time, I don't feel "right" unless I do some cardio too, even if it is only 30 min. Especially since I still have more leaning to do. I really need to buckle down my eating. It is a pain since my DH is a PAIN about eating. Oh well.

Randi, I hope you feel better, good WO.

Deb- great WO. A HRM is #1 on my list for Christmas! I am so curious to see what I actually do. I like watching the numbers climb on my TM, but I know it is just an average, not totally accurate.

Anne- former smoker here too. Honestly, with all the stress the last two months, I have been having major cravings. It actually got to the point that the other day I was looking for my dad's cigarettes, which he usually leaves in his car, be thankfully he didn't.
Pretty bad! But so far so good. I just remind myself how much I LOVE doing major intense WO's, and I don't want that to suffer. Good luck! Vent here anytime!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Back for a minute. Kind of bored here at work today but have to look busy.

Charlotte - thanks about my biceps. I still am no where NEAR what you are doing. The cool thing is, my bi's are showing up really well now, you can see them without me flexing. Kind of excited about that. CG means close-grip.

Ann - good luck on quitting smoking. So many people I know are quitting and I'm so proud of each and every one of them, you included. Thank God I never got into that addiction. It was hard enough for me to quit caffeine. I couldn't imagine quitting nicotine.

Meaghan - you will love a HRM. I never regretted buying that piece of equipment.

Hi to everyone else and all to come!

Good afternoon,
For cardio this morning I did w/u and step off Amy Bento's Step & Pump,then Step Blast cardio, I followed with Gym Style Legs.
Squats#1&2 Bowflex 200#
Squats#3 70# barbell
Front lunges #1&2 25# dumbbells
Rear lunges 25# dumbbells
Plie Squats #1&2 25 lb dumbbells
Leg Press#1&2 silver band
Both sets of deadlifts 70# barbell
slow motion lunges 10# dumbbells
calf raises 25# dumbbell
On floor work I used 25# dumbbells on the glute squeezes on the ball, glute tucks w/ step I used silver band and the rest I used a purple band.

Dallys, glad you are feeling better.

Maeghan, I have always adjusted meals for myself & family. When I cook meat & potatoes I will make a salad and a lot of times a portion of the meat goes on the salad. I don't eat the potatoes. Same with most pasta dishes I save back some of the meat and eat it, salad and a veggie. Sometimes I just cook two different meals.Of course everyone gets the leanest meat and light low trans fat margarine etc around my house:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Back from my ride. Just went into town. Debated about dogs. Took the chance and went for it...nothing chased me this time, thank goodness. Very nice day here. Toasty, I must say for October standards.

Meg,

For me, my kids get most of their carbs earlier in the day and so when they are not here...I eat what I want which is usually a chicken sandwich I make myself as I use the George Foreman grill to cook my chicken and then put a piece of provolone cheese and some lettuce between two slices of lite wheat bread..no mayonnaise. I will have my protein bar earlier in the day, oatmeal for breakfast, protein shake for mid afternoon snake. For dinner...I never make potatoes. This is what we usually have...

taco's, spaghetti (wheat noodles only), meat on grill with either salad or green beans. We eat very plain here. I use to make chicken pot pies, upside chicken (heavy whipped cream over corn bread) and the likes thereof.

I know you didn't ask. Just wanted to share.

Diane Sue,

Yes, very nice workout! I have never used bands before, but I know in the new Cathe video's we will need them.

Charlotte~~

Thanks Charlotte. I actually had turkey tacos last night, but I ate 4 of them!!!! They were sooo good. We like to cook our meat on the grill too. Your diet actually sounds a bit like mine. I rarely eat potatoes. i have cut as much sugar as possible for me too. That has really helped. I just don't do the protein shakes. i am so cheap, I have a hard time spending the money on the mix. That makes me feel better. Thanks Char!

Glad you had a successful ride. Have you ever used a HRM? I am really curious to know how many cals you burn doing bicep curls! LOL!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Diane Sue,
Slow motion lunges with 10#ers.
My legs are really shaking right now. Those kille me and cramp me.
Wow.

You mean none of you ladies eat pasta ever.
Not even rice or whole wheat?
Maybe that is what my swwt butt needs to do.
To get rid of it....
I know most of my problem is late eating. Can i get rid of my dh for about 6 months so i don't need to cook at night....
Anne
http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Ya'll can eat the wheat pasta. Just don't eat it too late in the evening, ya know?

Debbie,

I like sweet potatoes too and the brown rice. I like Chinese food, but digesting the sauce that goes with it...well, doesn't agree with me. I bring it home and get my own brown rice to go with it. And the sweet potatoes...I use splenda brown sugar and cinnamon with real butter...ummmm. I think I will have that with my dinner.

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.