Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tuesday May 13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Katina Hunter's Interval Party high/low cardio. I haven't done this for a long time and it had quite a bit of impact in it. I will have to do lower impact the rest of the week, as I don't want to end up with another stress fracture. This ended up being a fun workout and didn't require much thinking. However, I still have to work really hard to get my HR up. Workout was 56" and I burned 517 calories.

RE: the plastic bottles - I drink out of a bottle of store bought water daily and refill it during the day...but throw it out each day....so hopefully I'm okay.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Lora,

Great workout! Nice calorie burn!!!!!

Today I am going on elliptical. My left knee has been bothering me more...makes clicking sounds too. Not painful at all though..alittle more achy. Anyhoo, will report back later with my stats.

Yesterday I worked back and biceps. Just busy with dh and couldn't get on computer much. So here is what I did yesterday:

BICEPS:

BB Curls with 85# 6 reps, then dropped to 80# and finished out the last 2 sets of 6

Hammer Curls with 40's 3 sets/8

Preacher Curls with 60# 3/8

BACK:

(I started my back workout after biceps..COMPLETE disaster for pullups..never do that again)

Chin Ups
5/4/4 (lowest I have done in loooooonnnggg time)

One Arm Rows
40's 3/8

Lat Pulldowns 80# 3/8

Morning Ladies - I am trying to get back into the grove!

Today I did legs - 30 seconds rest between sets

romanian dead lift
2 WU 15 reps - 20 lbs
5 sets 8 reps 60 lb barbell w/ 14 lb vest

walking lunge
4 sets 12 reps 2-20 lb dumbbells w/ 14 lb vest

squat
5 sets 8 reps 60 lb barbell / 15 lb vest

bulgarian squat
3 sets with the 14 lb vest only

leg press
did this on the bow flex with 200 lb of resistance

leg extension
bowflex - 60 lbs

leg curl
bowflex - 50 lbs

Abs - 3 sets 10 reps of incline curls
3 sets of 8 reps of reverse incline curls

Have a great day everyone! I hope I am not too sore tomorrow.

Today I decided to do an iTread workout. I downloaded three new ones about a month ago and have only done one of them. So today I chose Set 23 which was 40 minutes. These workouts are tough. Constant running with only a few short breaks here and there. They kill me. This one had some endurance runs, sprints and hills. It was a fun workout.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]44 minutes
35 minutes in zone
292 calories burned
2.78 miles travelled
[/font]

Then I did the ab work from 4DS Kickbox workout. That one is a good one but I don't care for the oblique work. For some reason it really hurts my neck.

Lora - Nice workout. Excellent calories burn! I have your Avon, it's coming in tomorrow so I'll get it in the mail to you ASAP.

Char - You blow me away with your barbell curls. I can't believe you curl 85#. Awesome girl! You're an animal!

Good morning:)

I ate myself sick yesterday, my tummy was hurting and I looked like I was 4 months pregnant, sick I know. Strange, when I eat any foods out of.....what I call my norm, the food always get caught in the top part of my stomach. I ordered a small pizza on my home WTH was that all about? Any who, I am back on track, that’s all that matter.

This morning, I felt the need to burn a few calories so I did abs and Imax 2 had so much energy I’m sure my neighbors heard me.

Tonight, if the weather is nice I’m going for a nice long walk, nothing under a 1.5 hours. bbl

Morning Maniacs,

This morning was cardio. Did 4 DS Bootcamp and SPJ Hi/Lo add on. Needed to be quiet as DH was home from a trip and sleeping in. Also have major DOMS in my lats from the T-bar rows. Not sure what I did different to cause that.

I finished my workout. I had fun playing around with my new HR monitor. Workout was Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Knockout repeating combo 3/4and ko then on to the abs and stretch. I had to stop the monitor here and pick up grandchildren and take them to school, so came back and started it back up and did Slow and Heavy triceps, biceps, and abs. Calories burned total was 731. Calories burned for Hi/Lo knockout was 469. I did not know where the hr was while doing the cardio so when I came back I figured it out during S&H. I stayed in my middle training zone 2 for 58.4 minutes zone 3 high was only 4:53 minutes. This goes by my HR zones. You can do it with just the chart if you like but the Nike had Jay Blahnik(a fitness instructor) give them the idea to set your own zones with a 15 minute test. He says HR charts are not accurate for everyone. They do not take into account how you and your body are feeling. I redo the test once a month or when the monitor reminds me so if my fitness levels change it will be accurate. Sorry such a long post.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I just want to say that all you women on this forum (Hardcore Maniacs)are very inspiratonal to me. Fitness freak, toastythemosty, shewolf, randiane?, diane sue, and all you other's who write everywork out and what you guys ate. I've never posted here before but Im here because fitnessfreak told me to come here I wanted to check out her daily menu. Ever since I've discovered you guys I'm hooked. I lurk every morning to see what you guys have done and find it to be very motivating to me. Thank You. I just wanted to salute you real women who look great and take the time out to take care of yourselves in addition to all the other things that we women must take care of like home children husband and work just to name a few.
I just have a question for you guys because you women all seem so focused, motivated, and determined. Do you ever fall off the wagon? I dont mean with workouts I mean with the menu? And if you do what do you day to yourselves? Thank you all so much Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Workout today was:
Triceps dumbbell french press 3x8reps 25# dumbbell
lying triceps extension 2x8 15# dumbbells
tricep kickbacks 2x8 15# dumbbells, 1x8 12#dumbbells
tricep dips 2x8 45# barbell
dumbbell bicep curls 1x8 25#; 2x8 20#
dumbbell hammer curls 1x8 25#; 2x8 20#
barbell curls 1x8 45#; 2x8 40#
forearms wrist curls 30# barbell 1x16
reverse wrist curls 8# dumbbells 1x16
Abs, I used a 15# dumbbell for most of the work except obliques
Also used 10# for Hi/Lo Ko core work

Nutrition stats yesterday were:
2,022 calories; 163.7 gm protein; 152.1 carbs; 51.5 fat
32.7% pro; 30% carbs;20% fat

Awesome workouts everyone!!! We are all kicking butt today! :)

Wonderwoman - Welcome!! Glad you stopped in and posted. My answer to your question is yes! I get in a slump every now and again. Actually, I feel like I'm in one right now but I ALWAYS DO MY WORKOUTS no matter what. Unless I am taking my scheduled rest week, I force myself to workout if I have too. Luckily that doesn't happen too often. It's normal, though. Our bodies can only take so much and then you get burned out. Changing your routine or taking a few days off can help that.

With my eating, yes I am there right now. It is so hard for me to eat chicken anymore. I'M SICK OF IT!!! I try to mix it up and make it different each day, but that gets hard. But I keep eating clean. I think of the results and that just makes me want to continue eating like that. I also give myself a cheat meal or two on Saturdays. Most of the time that day turns into a cheat "day".

Yes fitness freak I know that feeling all tooo well. My BSN vanilla came in yesterday had some this morning after imax2 words can not even describe how yummy that is OOOOMMMMGGGG can hardly believe its good for me protein pudding is back ordered. Oh Well, good things come to those who wait right? Thanks

Welcome Wonderwoman!

I just got done eating my tunafish and can't say I really like it one bit, but pretty much stick with my same eating 6 days a week and then will cheat on one day. I need to go to Trader Joes in Northern Virginia and see what kind of good food I can find to stock up on.

Hi Wonderwoman!

Nice to have you in the group. As far as motivation goes, I am similar to Debbie in the fact that I never miss a work out, however, I am nowhere close to her in the strength category (working on it though). For food, I do best during the week when I am in my routine with work and I pack my lunches and snacks for the day. Every evening, I will throw some sort of lean protein source on the grill (chicken, flank steak, top sirloin, lean pork) and make a big salad to go with it. That is usually dinner during the week. On the weekends I like to cook and allow myself my little more leeway, but am also more active, not sitting at the desk all day. So I guess it evens out.

Take care and have a great day!

Eats for today:

M1: 2 eggs and corn tortilla
M2: turkey wrap on light flat out and arugula
M3: progresso soup
M4: yogurt and cottage cheese with BSN mixed in
M5: Almonds
M6: Big salad with chicken
M6: Yogurt and strawberries

Calories - 1660
fat 57.1g 32%
carbs 145.9g 33%
protein 140.6g 35%

Wonder Woman welcome. The menu goes out the door once in awhile for me. I tend to be more focused during the busy week but on weekends it is harder. Most of the time I do good though. I know what not to bring in the house LOL Family gatherings generally ruin my resolve. Going out I sometimes do well and others I just go for a cheat meal. Fortunately this does not happen to often. I had one big cheat day mothers day with mashed potatoes, white rolls, and ice cream with brownies :9. I swear I have not eaten mashed potatoes in a couple of years. I just jump right back into my routine again and am fine.

Alright let's see if I can do this

0400hrs- Imax2 only 1st 8 intervals with cool down and stretch Burned 322 calories 36 minutes in the zone.

M1-Post wo protein shake BSN lean dessert
M2-1 cup of kashi go lean cereal with 1 cup of fat free milk
1/2 of banana and 1 tbspn of flaxseed vitamin and glucuosamine
M3-4 egg whites and 1/1 cup strawberries
M4-1/3rd cup of brown rice with 3oz of extra ground beef 1 slice of avacado and a small salad lite dressing vitamin and glucuosamine
M5-protein bar myoplex
M6-will be 4oz talapia and 1 cup of broccoli with diet coke.
Drank 8 cups of water already

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: On whey protein shake w/pineapple (post workout)
M2: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: 4 oz. chicken in salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing & 2 tbsp. sliced raw almonds
M4: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese mixed w/Chocolate Pro Pudding
M5: Chipolte Tilapia; salad w/Parmesan dressing
M6: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites

[font color=blue]1610 calories
58 g. fat - 33%
166 g. protein - 41%
98 g. carbs - 24%
[/font]

The Parmesan dressing is organic and made with yogurt. It is so good. And I really enjoyed my chicken salad since I'm SO SICK OF CHICKEN. I could just scream when I know I have to eat it again. it wasn't bad in the salad.

Wonderwoman - You need to start posting here daily. I, for one, would love to see the workouts you do! :) And I think the Whipped Vanilla is the only flavor of BSN I haven't tried. I'll have to get me some.

Char - I'm with you on the tuna!!! Blah!!!

WW: Welcome aboard :) it’s so good too have you. You asked it we ever fall off the wagon, did you read what I ate on yesterday EEK, THERE! The others are very discipline, as for me I get into one of them days I had yesterday.

Ally: Niiiiiiicccccccce work:) ;)

Today’s Meals:

M1: 2 Tbsp of protein w/1/2 grapefruit
M2: 3 egg whites & oatmeal
M3: turkey burger on WW english muffin w/6 strawberries
M4: ff yogurt w/4 tbsp of flax seed
M5: 1 meatloaf muffin w/broccoli, pasta and tomato (dinner)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.