Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tuesday June 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Cardio WSFL on Day 9 (I think). I used the Rebounder for the intervals and did high knee, fast running and got my HR up to 164. Then for the 20 minute segement, I did Tracey's Strike Zone. Wow...did I love this workout. It kicked my butt. My kind of kickboxing. Got my HR up. Josef is a true inspiration. Workout was 54" and I burned 503 calories.

I don't know about this WSFL program. I can't follow the diet, as I'm a vegetarian.....and this might make your metabolism a blast furnace....but it seems along with that comes my hefty appetite. I'm starving constantly and have been eating more than usual. I've had this problem before with these types of workouts. Not sure where my weight is right now, as I'm bloated from taking a pain medication that I needed to take for a week after I got home from Vegas. The bloating should go down in a week.

Have great workouts everyone.

Diane Sue - did you get STrike Zone yet? I'll be anxious to hear your opinion. I love it and look forward to STrike Zone 2.

Deb - how much does it cost in gas to fill your bike up? NO problem about waiting for the Avon/Mark catalogs. thanks.

Dallys - I looked at my exercise Blog. I burned around 420-440 calories when I did the Action Hero workouts from Valerie's Blog and around 456 when I did the Six by Six workout from her Blog, but I include w/u and c/d in my burns.

HI all -

This is my last week on the WSFL - Lora - my appetite was really bad the first week, but then seemed to settle down after that.

I missed yesterday - so today I will do w4d1 and then go from there.

Will report back later with stats. I do not have a headache today, but I have not been sleeping well. Lots of dreams and getting up a lot. Energy is low.

Debbie, can you send me an Avon catalog? Is it too far for you? Let me know. I did order that eye creme you suggested online and I like it.

OK - here are my stats

STRENGTH
squat to parallel - hold 2 seconds - 50 # BB 14# vest 8/8/8/8

CIRCUIT
Romanian Deadlift 50# BB 14# Vest - 12 reps
Swiss ball crunch 14# vest - 12 reps

repeated for 10 minutes did 4 rounds

CIRCUIT
Step Up 22# DB - 12 reps
Dumbbell swing 22# DB - 12 reps

repeated for 10 minutes - did 5 rounds

INTERVALS
30 seconds maximum followed by 90 seconds recovery - 6 rounds
I did fast feet / high knees / pop squats / jump sqats / suicide lunges with a loop on my thighs.

That is it for today.

Have a great day everyone.

Morning

I’m back! I took a vacation day yesterday had tons of errands to do when I finally returned home, ended up going for a nice long walk almost 2 hours I was pooped when I return the sun did me in;(

Workout today is going to be GS legs (I think) :eek: I did GS legs Saturday along with Strike Zone by Janis what a good combination, got legs reeeal good! I plan to repeat that today.

When I got to work this morning StrikeZone by Tracey was on my desk can’t wait to preview it, Postage was only $1.68 why did Tracey charge me/us $6.21 to ship. I don’t get it.

gotta run got lots too do.

Today I had a pretty good workout considering the interruptions I had. One was my Mp4 player wouldn't work right so I messed around with that for about 10 minutes skipping the last chest exercise I wanted to do. And then it started down pouring so I had to go outside and cover my motorcycle. I got soaked. Luckily it was during my last exercise. Geez!

I did a pyramid type workout today.

1 minute rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Pushups: 20/18/15
[font color=blue]***Used my Perfect Pushups for these.[/font]

Barbell Press:
75# - 15
85# - 12
95# - 10
75# - 12

Incline Dumbbell Press:
25's - 15
30's - 12
35's - 10
25's - 15
[font color=blue]***By the time I was done with these my chest was burning big time.[/font]

Decline Dumbbell Flyes:
Had to skip.
[font color=blue]***This is where I was messing around with my stupid MP4 player.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Close Grip Barbell Press:
65# - 15
75# - 12
85# - 9
65# - 12
[font color=blue]***These felt great. Love this exercise.[/font]

Lying Barbell Extensions:
45# - 15
50# - 12
55# - 10
45# - 14
[font color=blue]***These felt good too. Got a great burn.[/font]

Weighted Bench Dips:
50# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***After the 1st set I had to go cover my bike. So I had plenty of rest between that set and set 2.[/font]

That is all...

Ally - I'll need your address. I don't mail brochures too often, it costs too much with the postage increase. But I'll send you one.

Linda is ok, I've heard from her. She is just too busy to post here. She said she'll be back as soon as her schedule lightens up. I miss her posts too.

Dallys - I've acquired a taste for cottage cheese, believe it or not. I still have a hard time getting past the chunks, but not like before.

Roslyn - I get my ON whey from Amazon.com. They offer free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutri...=sr_1_1/102-8471735-9238566?ie=UTF8&s=grocery

Good Morning, I finished my workout. I did Strike Zone stopped at the stretch and did it again. I felt the first time through I was not working hard enough. It was better the second time. Not sure why but I couldn't keep my HR up with this. I wore my weighted gloves. MY Max HR was only 142. I burned 643 calories. But I really did like it. I liked the tough feel of this. Like a fighter LOL I think I just need to get into it harder. When I was finished I did All Pump Extreme Chest, Shoulders, and Core. Total calories burned today was 844. Workout time was 2 hr 26 minutes. That is with the stretch from both workouts.

Lora, I think I got a different time on Strike Zone. I have 8 min w/up, 42 min cardio and 8 min stretch. I really did like it a lot. Looks like you did better at keeping your hr up and calorie burn than I did.

Teddy, anxious to hear your thoughts on Strike Zone.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did 30 min. of intervals on the treadmill. 5min. easy, 5 min. moderate. Was not that hard of a workout. RCR has 2 other interval workouts that should be more difficult. I then did PHH 10 min. stretch.

Lora- Yes! I'm quite sore today from yesterdays workout. I really felt it while stretching this morning. My hamstrings and inner thighs are major sore.

Ally- Do you feel like you have gotten good results from WSFL?

Teddy-enjoy your workout today. Nice walk for you yesterday!

Debbie- I hate interruptions when I workout too! There was a time I didn't like cottage cheese either. I eat it a lot nowadays.

Diane Sue- YOu always have a great workout! Nice calorie burns!

Later...

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

This morning I did 4DS kickbox. Felt really good doing that one. Just needed to switch up. I'm thinking of ordering Strike Zone too! Gonna check it out again.

Great workouts everyone!!!

Morning Maniacs,

Thought I posted this earlier, but somehow it went missing.

Thought I'd pop in for a quick moment and let you know how warp speed is going. First I've been burning the candle at both ends and going non-stop and my stomach has been bothering me a bit recently. Anyway, I woke up yesterday and was suppose to start week 3 of WS speed and was filled with complete dread, especially of doing all those chins. So I think the intensity of WS, at least the way I've done it has burned me out in just two weeks and has left me with pain in my left wrist. So yesterday I just took a break from it and mustard the motivation to at least do 4DS LIS cardio. Then spent the day mulling over how I could change up WS to get through the next two weeks. Today was week 3 day 1 and here is what I came up with.

Strength
Squat to parallel w/ 2 sec hold
8/8/8/8 - 105#
**Dropped weight by 7#, and concentrated on hold at bottom***

Circuit A - sets of 6 for 10 minutes
Pushups & prone jack knifes on ball w/
Reverse Lunge with cable offset
7 rounds - ***used PP handles with pushup & jack knifes with no rotation but lots of stabilizing going on, but was good for the wrist.
***used 2 purple dynabands doubled up (so basically x 4) for reverse lunge (I loved this set up, really felt this in the abs)

Circuit B - sets of 6 for 10 minutes
Squat and Press
10 rounds - 20's
Lat pull downs
10 rounds
***used 2 purple dynabands together wrapped around my chin up bar until shorten enough to give me some really good tension. Should feel this this morning as I have never done lat pull downs.

Cardio - 6 rounds - 30 seconds high, 90 seconds easy
Intervals - forward jumping, suicides, traveling speed skaters, speed skaters again, suicides again, then forward bounding. Just walk around or whatever for recovery.

BTW, it's nice to be missed.

PS: My eating with WS hasn't been great last week, but I am determined to better this week. I am not following the diet plan exactly either.

Hi Linda!

Missed you here. Hope all is well.

Kudos to you for keeping up with WS, I don't think I could. That's just me. I've been doing mostly cardio for the past 2 1/2 weeks. Doing it in the mornings too! That's a biggie for me. It's hard to do, but helps with my work schedule, so when I get home in the afternoons I don't have to workout, cook and who knows what else may be thrown in there.

Gotta go, I'm at work, but it's good to see you here!

Have a great day!

Lora - Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. I filled up my bike on Thursday and it cost me $14.00. Geez, and that was for only 2.5 gallons. Bastards!

Linda - Good to see you posting again. I can see how you can get burned out with that rotation. Be careful. You may be defeating your goals. Nice workout, though!

Sandy - Hi! happy to hear your enjoying your workouts! The only time I can workout is in the morning, after the kids are up the day is no longer mine! So I would never be able to fit it in.

Debbie - Thanks! WS is really intense, but today's modifications were great! I really enjoyed the work this morning, so I am happy that I listened to my body and modified. Four weeks will be enough. What kind of rotation are you on right now?

Linda - I made up an 8 week rotation of my own. Kind of winging it. I'm doing a three day split with three days of cardio. So far I'm having fun with it. Going a bit ligher then usual.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M3: Whipped Vanilla BSN w/ oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: 1 slice 12 grain bread w/2 tbsp. power pb; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese mixed w/Raspberries & Cream yogurt
M6: Spiced Talapia; salad w/Parmesan dressing
M7: 2 whole eggs; 2 egg whites

[font color=blue]1651 calories
64 g. fat - 35%
163 g. protein - 40%
109 g. carbs - 27%
[/font]

I had to change M4. If I eat one more piece of chicken I swear I will go postal! LOL!

I made the Spiced Talpia. It's different. I can't decide if I like it or not. I liked the crab cake better.

I did not follow the eating plan exactly either - I am trying to do good! I was sore also last week - especially in the calves from all plyometrics and the shoulders!

Diane Sue - I measured my body fat and it appears to be down a % - which is cool. I was hoping to drop more - but considering I have not done the diet as prescribed (I don't think I can do that) it is pretty good. I also had a few weekend plans that messed the diet up a bit.

Will let you know how it turns out after this final week.

Debbie, if it is expensive - don't mail me a brochure. I can shop online - can I get your consultant ID so you can get credit for what I order?

Linda / Debbie [b/]

I was thinking of taking a week off after warp and doing mostly carido. What do you think? I am thinking of starting the 10 lb one from you Debbie or this other thing you started. Suggestions?

Ally - I will email you my id #. Thanks for doing that! You are so sweet!

And yes, I think you should take a week off. If you feel like you are dreading any workout right now, take the entire week off and do nothing. If you feel like you still want to continue to do something without having to force yourself to do it, do cardio about three times during your week off. You're body will thank you for it!

Where's Char???

Nice workouts everyone:)

Man oh man, I hope I can push out this workout when I get homex(

Debbie: did you see the ?? I asked you?

Meals for today:

M1: banana protein pancakes w/tbsp of PP (ate a few chips in between m1 & m2)
M2: eggplant w/weight watchers pita bread
M3: 1c of spaghetti made with ground beef w/6 muti grain wheat crackers
M4: apple & string cheese
M5: banana protein pancake w/pp

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.