Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Sept 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Off to do my spinning cardio. Be back in a bit. Not sure if I'm doing yoga, as I have a job interview this morning.

I'm back. I ended up doing Spinning - Crank It Up - Interval workout.
Workout was 60" long and I burned 407 calories. I also did Baron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power Yoga - 25".

Diane Sue & Suz - do you ever get "rebound" migraines from taking your medication for them (like Zomig or Imitrex)? I woke up with a migraine which doesn't surprise me as I'm due to start soon....but it seems like the last couple months when I've taken Zomig for my migraines the first couple of days of my headache, the headache seems to last for 7 plus days whereas if I suffer thru 2-3 days with the headache and avoid medication, it goes away. Does this make any sense to either of you? If not, they just must last longer in me cuz of my severe sinus problems. I want to take a Zomig so bad right now but I don't want to prolong my suffering either.

Have great workouts everyone.

Ok, my legs are jelly again.I am going to live..
Why do i over do it??

DH is away, so workout tonite.Abs and cardio..Most likely CC # something..

Went and did some shopping.
I am decorating the new salon before it is built. I found awesome pictire frames for like 7.50 and 10 bucks a piece on sale. And i bought 2 pedestals for silk flowers tomnmatch the frames and i bought the flowers too..Gotta buy stuff when it is reasonable..

Char, you are in my thoughts.
Dian Sue, i just need a change up.In workouts.
Any other reccomendations.
Not cardio.
I will stick with CAthe and CCoach..
Well. bath and work time.
Talk later.

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning, so far this morning I have done Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Extreme. I am going to go back and add a little more cardio, some abs and stretching. The Foam Roller dvd and the Pit workout should arrive today. I am mad at Deep Discount over these because I ordered on Thursday morning at 9:35 and paid for next day shipping. They charged me and shipped it on Friday:( IT said for next day delivery to order before 11 am.. I won't do that again. I have contacted them through e mail but have not recieved a response yet.

Lora, if I still have a headache after taking Imitrex a couple of times I give up on it helping. I usually try Excedrin and then just ride it out. I am not sure about rebound headaches for with prescription meds.

Anne, Amy Bento has some good workouts that use some different variations of standard moves. I really like All Pump Extreme for that. It has premixes so you can do splits.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning I felt very sluggish due to all the CRAP I ate this past weekend. Time to get back on plan and drink tons of water.

Today was chest and tri's. Considering the way I was feeling when I woke up, I had a very decent workout:

[font color=indigo]Chest[/font]
Barbell Bench Press:
75# - 12 reps (up 5#)
95# - 10 reps (up 10#)
115# - 3 sets/6 reps (up 5# and my personal best)
95# - 10 reps
[font color=blue]***Very excited about pushing 115#. 10# away from my body weight.[/font]

Incline Barbell Press:
85# - 10 reps
100# - 3 sets/6 reps (these stayed the same as last week)
[font color=blue]***Felt really strong with these sets.[/font]

Decline Dumbbell Press:
35's - 12 reps
40's - 3 sets/10 reps
35's - 12 reps
[font color=blue]***These stayed the same as last week.[/font]

[font color=indigo]Triceps[/font]
Close Grip Barbell Press:
80# - 10 reps (up 5#)
90# - 3 sets/6 reps (personal best here)
75# - 10 reps
[font color=blue]***Tri's were fried by the end of these sets.[/font]

Overhead Dumbbell Extensions:
35# - 12 reps
45# - 3 sets/8 reps (up 5#)
35# - 12 reps
[font color=blue]***It was hard getting the 45# over my head but once there I was good.[/font]

Was suppose to do kickbacks but these tend to irritate my shoulder blade/neck area and since that pain just went away I didn't want to risk injury again.

Hope you all have great workouts. I'm way behind on this checkin, I will go back later and read what everyone did these last three days.

Diane Sue - the Zomig will help a little for a day, but the headache always comes back the next morning. I should try to research it and see if they cause Rebound H/A's.....but I'm thinking maybe it's my sinus issues. I'm almost ready to take one.....can't stand when the H/A get's so bad that you can hardly function and I have a job interview in a little bit.

Diane Sue - did you say there was a website that calculates macronutrients and calories? or was it only software? Can't remember. I'd like a website, as I can't afford software.

Dallys - how in the World did you make it thru all of these Jillian circuits? did you do the entire 12 weeks? My body is so beat and I just started back on them a week ago.....although I have not been taking any rest days either.......so maybe I'll need to incorporate at least 1. I'm anxious to see what you think of Turbulunce Training.

Lora- The Jillian circuits were incredibly hard on me. I only did them for maybe 5 weeks. I don't think I could survive them for 12 weeks. Something about them totally wipes you out, but I loved the exercises in them. Like you, I think they are harder than P90x.

I'll post about TT later today.:) I'm hoping they have a similar feel like Jillians, but not quite so exhausting.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys- can't wait to hear what you think since you can compare with Jillian. She's a total maniac......yet I still look forward to her other book with rotations in it for the future. These circuits make me famished and as I said above.....beat. I think I'm even slightly overtrained as my resting HR is elevated slighlty ......only about 7 beats now....but it was a bit higher the other day.

Has anyone here ever bought Cindy Whitmarsh's book? I can't remember the name, but she's supposed to have workouts in it that are very advanced also. I've been eyeing the book at Amazon, as well as her new DVDs that are available for preorder.

I finished my workout. Did HLX stopping at the stretch, made breakfast for grandchildren and dh then went back and did Sweatfest step section 1, then I did Tracey's core conditioning adding some weight in places, then I added HLX stretch and Yoga Shatki standing back bend prep and supine poses. I have to go to the store and get some groceries.

Lora, I don't blame you for taking something when you have an interview. I purchased a program for my PDA and would like to go ahead and get it for the computer for nutrients etc. They have a exercise program too. I paid $19.95 for Pocket Diet for my PDA. If I purchased the desktop one I could sink the info if I wanted to. http://www.edreams.ca/

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Lora - I just went back and read some checkins I missed out on. I have the new Linkin Park and I like it. However, it took me a while to like it. It's not like their older stuff at all, very different, very docile. But I like it. I hope they go back to their older sound, though.

Char - I just read back and seen that your FIL passed away. I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family. At least he isn't suffering anymore.

Hi Ladies:)
Today is Leaner legs and maybe something else not sure what:)
I hope your doing ok Char.
Great workout guys
BBL
Randi

Hello,
Short workout today. I did about 25minutes of Hardcore Extreme and Bonus abs from Butts and Gutts.

Decorating the salon sounds fun!

Have a great day all,

Hey Maniacs! Finished up my TT workout.

Body weight warm up

Superset for 3 sets
[font color=blue]*Split Squat[/font] 8x30's
[font color=blue]*Db bench press[/font] 6x30's
1 min. rest after each superset

Superset for 3 sets
[font color=blue]*Db elbow-out row[/font] 8x30
[font color=blue]*Mountain climbers[/font] 20x [font color=red](These are not the fast cardio type Mountain climbers, these are slow mo in plank position, twisting knee into opposite shoulder, more of a core exersice. Cathe does something similar in one of her newer workouts.)[/font] 1 min. rest after each superset

Then I did [font color=blue]16 min. of HIIT[/font] on the treadmill, followed by [font color=blue]Slim Series 6 min. abs[/font] and stretching on my own.

Workout was about an hour (forgot to start HRM) listened to REM.

Lora- I liked this alot. I guess I can't really compare it to Jillians, because it's not mixing the cardio with the weights. For some reason I was thinking these were similar type circuits, but they're not. It wasn't as tough as hers, but yet, it was fun like hers and still a good workout. I felt like I covered it all and worked up a good sweat. The good thing is that these are only 3 times a week and it will give me time to do my mt. biking without feeling overtrained.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

Dallys - is that from the Fat Loss one that you have on Ebook or was that the one Skwigg's posted on her blog? Also - what is the purpose of the rests? I can see myself having a problem with resting. Is there a good reason? I don't want to make it less effective by not taking them.

Lora- It's the one I posted for you on E-book awhile back. The rests are only 1 min. after you do the superset (do both exercises, back to back, then rest). I'm sure it's to get you ready to lift the next superset as heavy as the previous. I suppose if you didn't rest, you might not be able to lift as heavy or as many reps on the next set of supersets.

Dallys- didn't you read New Rules of Lifting? Doesn't it explain some technical reason why the rests are important? I'll have to pull my book and see if I can find it. I can't remember what they called it. i just don't know if I could get used to rests after doing Jillian's without rests......although changing it up might not be such a bad thing for my body. Are you gonna go thru with a rotation then? Was the HIIT real hard? I'm a bit nervous about it cuz I've read people say it's really tough.....but we're hardcore, right? so we'll be okay?? I'm actually not feeling very hardcore right now.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Did ab ripper x after work. Going down to the basement to do something. I am so behind with my workouts..not sure, besides legs, what to do. I got alot going on this week..two houses to clean and two yards to mow.

Hope you all have a great evening

Hello Ladies!

Wow - what a crazy day. This gal who does all of our statistics called me first thing this morning and told me she had done our report for summer and my numbers were way down over last summer. She wanted me to know before she published the report which goes to our presdient and my boss (the VP of our area) - and all the deans who would love to see somebody else have to justify their program too. She asked if I knew of any reason why this could be. I just couldn't figure it out. It had me all freaked out, as you can imagine, especially since my boss hates my program as it is. She said she would manually crunch the #'s and see what she could come up with. She called back an hour later with FABULOUS news. Some things were coded wrong and totally threw off the #'s and they were oh so much better. Amazingly so. I had prayed that she would find a problem in the system somewhere and God answered. Whew! Anyway, my day has been non-stop ever since.

This morning I got up really early b/c Gizmo was sick. I did biceps and triceps and then I went out and rode 20 miles. Took one hour and 15 minutes. DH just called and got called out on a SWAT call, so I might go home and do abs.

Lora - I second what Diane Sue said about the Imitrex. I give up after 2 tries and take Excedrin. I do get rebounder headaches from Excedrin though, so I have to be really careful and not take too much.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.