Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Oct 24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did about 50-55 minutes of Barry's Bootcamp aerobics. I did the non-treadmill version of cardio off of Butt and Legs and Chest and Abs with my own cool down and stretch (since these are apparently absent from the aerobics). I modified some of the impact with my rebounder. The 2 sessions I did (both led by different instructors) were very intense. Lots of plyos, hot foot (from plyo X), fast kicks/punches, jumping, jumping jacks, flying jacks, plyos on a high step, fast feet off the higher step (3 risers), burpees, mountain climbers, skating, and jogging. Half way thru it, I put my own music on. It's simple enough to follow and while the music isn't bad in these, I prefer to rock out.

I will do weights tomorrow. Not sure how I'm going to use these yet. I suppose I should use them like they're designed ..30 min of weights with 25 minutes of aerobics. I really don't want to start a formal rotation cuz I'm wanting my Cathes to come first. I also posted more on these last night.

Have great workouts and I'll try to check in from work later.

ETA: Anyone see the new Buckcherry video yet on VH1? I caught the tail end of it when I was finishing my workout. It's the song Next to You. They just shot it a few weeks back. They also shot one for Crazy Bit#@..........i wonder when we'll see that one! Anyway - it rocks.

Good morning everyone:

Oh boy, I could've stayed in bed this morning. DS woke up with a sore throat, but I'm hoping it's just dry and by the time the bus comes to get him for school he'll be fine. If not - it's off to the school nurse for him. :-(

Debbie: Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I've been thinking that the Hardcore Series is something I should really invest in, maybe after our Mexico trip. But, I could swing MM by itself, maybe I'll do that.

Today I will do either PH or ME in place of MM on the rotation schedule. I have a board meeting tonight, should be short so we'll see. Hopefully, I won't be too tired to get in a workout by the time I get home. I'll walk the school hallways if nothing else between work and the meeting.

Have a great day everyone. I'll be back later.\

Marcia.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

This morning my shoulder is still achy. I really want to work out upperbody. I could go lighter or not workout. I keep going back and forth. I know sometimes it actually helps to workout as dh had rotator cuff issue and doctor had him do lateral raises with very light weight. I know I have to go back to chiro. Broke right now. Anyhow, still have abs to work. Maybe on my own this time as I usually do coremaxes.

Lora,

Maybe I can check out Buckcherry on line. That is how I found the first video. That sounds like a really tough workout you did.

Marcia,

Hope your son feels better and you get your workout in.

Hello to everyone else.

Charlotte~~

Good morning, today I plan on doing cardio and abs and some yoga. I will probably pull out the Tracey Staehle Core conditioning one. Get Ripped to the Core. I pretty much stuck with the weights that Ben (name?) did on this for the first time through.I liked it. It got my hr up in some parts. Yesterday was a day of constant running errands and taking the pup to the vet for shots etc., grandchildren,etc..

Lora, thanks for the reviews on Barrys Bootcamp. I wonder why no w/u or cooldown. The way they are designed sounds like they would be perfect for you timewise.

Charlotte, take care of that shoulder. I did that with my right shoulder once and had to omit shoulders a few times then lower to once a week with light weights. It took awhile though.

Maeghan, the ab workout that Lora sent me is Tracey Staehle's.
Amys is good. It has two ab segments both around 15 minutes. The first one is a lot of standing work using a dumbbell and the second includes planks, and planks with knee ins.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Charlotte- sorry about your arm. I hope it heals soon. Just be careful, what ever you decide to do. I had a crazy dream about you and your family! You just showed up at my house and started eating my creamstyle corn saying how much you loved it, and then you took me to your house and your DH and DS were playing chicken with their cars having a grand time! Weird, but funny!!
ANyway, hope I got a laugh out of ya. Good luck with that arm.

Lora- sounds like a good WO. May have to check that one out. I checked out AMy Bentos new ones. Like them.

Marcia- I really need to get the HC series myself. Maybe for Chrisstmas!!!

Don't know what to do today, or when. I should take another look at that Jan rotation and try it out. I have to find some subs first.
Re-took my measurments today and am pleased. I took a few pics, but of course I can't get them downloaded from the camera. Maybe bad cable? Going to mess around more today and see.

Deb and Lora- hoping to finally get the pat results for Liz's baby today. Thinking Laura will come back Friday!!

Anne- hope you are feeling better today.

Morning to everyone!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/147/.png[/

Wow, lots of posts already. Char, take care of that shoulder, maybe one more day rest won't hurt. I know its hard, but you need to let that heal.

Marcia - glad you seen my post on yesterdays tread.

Meg - Laura is suppose to be back on Thursday but I'm sure it will be at the very end of the show. Can't wait to see how the father is as well. They sure are dragging that one on, aren't they?

This morning I worked my legs, I'll be lucky if I can walk tomorrow. LOL! This is what I did:

Squats: 75#/18 - 85#/15 - 95#/10 - 105#/8
Leg Extensions: 40#/18 - 50#/15 - 60#/12 - 70#/8
Step Ups (Leg Press): 30#/18 - 40#/15 - 50#/10 - 60#/8
Hamstring Press on High Step: Used 3# ankle weights and purple Dyna Band, did 18/15/12/8 reps
Plie Squats: 65#/18 - 75#/12 - 85#/10 - 95#/8
Calf Raises from Gym Style Legs
Stretch from Gym Style Legs

Workout was 1 hr. 3 min., was in my zone for 34 minutes and burned 274 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Debbie,

Where's my morning pm? :-( lol. Oh my, see you are increasing on the squats. Eeek..watch out...here she comes again!!!!! Now I know you want to do Legs and Glutes with me with 5# ankle weights, don't ya? Come on!!!! lol. You doing step ups with a loaded barbell or something? Hallelujah child!!!! My gosh..killer workout.

I decided I will work upperbody, but will modify when needed for now. I can't just not workout. Ugh. I got doms in my butt and hamstrings.

Meg,

You are cracking me up with your wild "corn-ey" dreams. lol. That is wild though. As a child, I actually loved cream corn. Haven't had it since then. Your freakin' me out now.lol. And as for the cars, Dh races with guys on the road from time to time and comes home to tell me of it. Ocassionally, I do as well. Sometimes someone will see me in my red subaru wrx and get really close to me. Not for long. I leave them in the dust! lol. I would have to say, your dream is not too far fetched then. Funny though.

Can't wait to see new pictures!!!! I can't wait to get the new videos so I can try them all out. Cardio or not, I am trying them ALL!

Diane Sue,

I think that is some good advice. Thanks. You just reminded me that I have to get ready to go into town. I don't have many errands to do as you did yesterday. BTW, nice sweaty workout. One day I will have to try yoga.

Charlotte~~

Ok Meag and Marcia you need to get the hardcore series. It will kick your butt.

Yes still sick, dry cough (which means throat is healing) and raspy voice.It is making me nuts. ...

Debbie, step ups with 60 lbs.Are you nuts. Maybe leg press gym machine.Watch your back woman. Step ups can do havoc on the back with alot of weight.
You don't want to be like me and Char.

Char, we are injured wings... I can work my right arm with a 20 and left with a 5. I will look a little lopsided.
I am just going to keep doing what i can do and lighten up a little on hammer curls and upright rows . Those hurt.I can do bicep curls though. Wierd.I just change my exercises ..I will get a rest in Jan when i have surg.

Had a funeral last night. You know they are like a family reunion. It is the only time you get to see everyone.
Well, client came in . Gotta go.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Hi ladies,

sorry to butt in your posts.

Lora- what is your opinion on barry's bootcamps? are they advanced? can you go heavy on the weights?

I am on the fence about getting these but i want to make a decision soon.

thanks for your input!

Hey Crazie Maniacs!

Today is Shoulders and arms and abs. I'll do that later. I just couldn't get out of bed early enough. I can't wait for daylight savings. It will make getting up alot easier.

Char, I have a subaru too. I've got a Black Forester with the turbo engine. It's supposedly got the same engine as the WRX. LOOOOVE the power. MY son is H*ll bent on getting the WRX STI. LOL! DH has the WRX springs and the BBS wheels on my car. It's actually good looking for a wagon. LOL!
I'd give your shoulder another day of rest and then workout light and see how it goes. Just do some freakin' crazy cardio today to burn off all the frustration.}(

Meg, You and you crazy dreams are cracking me up!! Can't wait to see the ab definition in your pics! I'm starting to see some also. You know, if the lighting and shawdows and the moon are alighned just right. LOL!

Debbie, Do you do the squats with a barbell or a machine? I can't remember if you have a machine or not. Good job though. Can't wait to see some more pics of your progress.

Diane Sue, Have fun with your workout. Glad you day isn't quite as hectic as yesterday.:)

Marcia, I was going to suggest ME or PH too. I like MM better than both of these. You need to get it.}(

Lora, I've been watching VH1 this morning and haven't seen the BuckCherry video yet. I did see the new Jessica Simpson one though. She's like crying and all pathetic in it. EWW, and now Janet Jackson's yucky one is on. LOL! Nice to hear you are liking the Barry Bootcamps. All the other reviews I've seen are all negative but People hadn't done them yet, just previewing.

Anne, That's funny about the funeral. I always say that. It's like a reunion. We'll say to relatives. See you at the next funeral. It's kinda sick in a way.:(

Hi SunnyDelite!!

Later....

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys- I think I would be nuts by now from those videos! Yes, Char did look like her normal self! HA!! What a crazy dream!

Sunny= here is Lora's post from yesterday about Barry!

****I'm watching Barry's Bootcamp. He's a freakin' maniac.....lots of plyos, jump rope, jumping on the step for the non treadmill cardio and the treadmill cardio is an interval cardio.

This is the set

Full Body - 50" all body weight exercises
Shoulders and Back 30 min with 30 treadmill and 30 non treadmill cardio
Butt and Legs 30 min " "
Chest and Abs 30 min" with " "
Arms and Abs 30 min with " "

Each cardio segment on the DVD is different from the previous cardio segment. Of course, they are VERY bootcamp like. Lots of yelling to motivate and like I said........he's nuts. You know when they look tough.....doing them is even tougher. Haven't really previewed much of the weights yet, but from what I watched, it's high reps. I'll probably play around with these and maybe do days where I go heavy and do less reps and just do 2 sets while they do their one long set of 25....etc.

I can't decided how to form a rotation. I'm stumped. It's been a long day. I've gotta go watch GH.

The music in these is good, but not quite as good as I thought it'd be. I was expecting Tae Bo (Live music - the good old days). It's more of a techno/hip hop groove beat with vocals. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but not FANTASTIC. There is an audio off version to listen to your own music....which I'm sure I'll do occasionally.*****

I think it sounds good. I love the good cardio sessions!! Let me know if you get it!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/147/.png[/

Meg,

LOL! Never would dh ever have a beard...NEVER! Son is growing his hair out more, but would never be long. I do have a black leather jacket though. Love your dreams.

If I had some I would imagine I would dream...

Lora attacked Josh on stage....more then once and rides the tour bus with him. Josh liked being attacked by her. lol.

For you, you did ME five times in a row because you know you are twisted some. lol You gotta be doing ME and Imax that one day.

Bionic Yoga Woman is really bionic afterall and beat up Jessica Simpson and made her cry more. lol (I can't stand Jessica Simpson)

Diane Sue has a super hero cape in her room and actually lifts tall buildings, planes, etc.

Debbie is the Incredible Hulk. Please don't get her mad. She will bust some moves on ya. lol.

Since Anne will be going under some transformation, then she has to be from the X Men group. Someone please give her a name.

Marietta is beyond bionic. You just feel a breeze and you know she just went by ya. lol.

O.k., I need to figure out what I am gonna do now. Hope I didn't offend anyone. Just having fun. Did I miss anyone?

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.