Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Oct 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's Step Intensity Mix for 60 min. I burned 390 calories from w/u to c/d. I sort of did my own version of the step parts cuz I got quite lost. She teaches like Amy Bento. No breakdown's whatsoever!! I much prefer more of a breakdown with learning steps.....but oh well. If I always have to do "my own version" of this step to keep my heartrate up.....it won't be the first step tape I have to do this with. Honestly, I think Seasun (as complex as she is)....is easier to learn cuz of her cueing and breakdowns.

Diana Sue - I think you're right about heartrate's. Mine never really went over about 155 during the intervals. I guess a lot of factors come into play with HR and intervals. I need to stop over analyzing it.

Charlotte - what are you going to do with all of your down time if you're not doing aerobics any more? You can't weight lift all of time? Are you going to spend your time reading oil reviews at BPAL? LOL!! I don't know if I could give up my cardio -- I think I might be a cardio junkie, as I love getting my HR up there. I'm glad your daughter is enjoying the scents also. I bet she wants to wear Smut just so someone will ask her what she's wearing. (I rec'd a compliment on Smut and the person didn't believe me when I told them that's what I was wearing) That's one thing that can get a bit embarrasing at work with BPAL......how bout' Sacred __________of Babylon? I bet you can't wait for that compliment!! LOL

Debbie - Is that Avon Mask a preshampoo treatment or after shampoo treatment?

Have great workouts everyone and I'll try to check in from work today.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did my leg work. Today is strength training and ab work. I have DOMS in my butt. Nowhere else yet. Pecs are still kinda sore though. Dh thinks I am leaning out too much around my core.He wasn't mean about it...we always tell each other what we think. Keep it real. Sorry dh, but fat leaves one place alittle more before it gets to the other places is what I told him. I am trying to build muscle too...more stuffing my face is required then. I know what I am doing. Now I just wait for changes in a month or two.

Lora,

I am gonna sit around, stuffing my face with extra protein while I read reviews off BPAL. Nah, I already read it all I think. lol. Crazy. Believe me, I can find plenty to do around here. I have days when everything needs to be done at once. Yeah, I know you love your cardio. I hate getting my hr up. I want to spit. I choke and can't breathe too well.lol. You told someone you were wearing Smut? lol. If anyone would ask me, it would depend on who was asking, then I might share, but I don't get out of the house enough. Yesterday I wore Dragon's Tears and O later. Reminds me. DD and her boyfriend want to have a Halloween Party here.

Hello to everyone else.

Charlotte~~

This morning I did another full body workout, did 3 sets of what was suppose to be 10/8/5 reps but added some on certain exercises. 1 minute rest. This is what I did:

CG Overhand Pullups - 6/4/4
Incline Barbell Bench Press - 75#/12 - 85#/8 - 95#/5
Hamstring Curls - 40#/45#/45# - did about 12 reps each set - knee was bothering me big time last night so I didn't want to go too heavy here.
WG Barbell Upright Rows - 50#/55#/60#
Hammer Curls - 20#/11 - 25#/8 - 30#/3½ (this was tough!)
CG Tricep Press - 55#/12 - 65#/10 - 75#/5 (should have strated with 65#)

Did ab work as well, stuff on my power tower, incline bench and hip lifts w/ankle weights.

Total workout was exactly an hour, I was in my zone for 28 minutes and burned 246 calories.

Charlotte - I think you do need to eat more. I eat a lot anymore and I lost 6# in two weeks. Weird.

Lora - I believe its an after shampoo/conditioner treatment.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning
Today i'm doin SJP and SB 90 min premix.
Hi Everyone
I have this really good recipe i found in a Oxygen Magazine that I thought I'd share with you ladies:)
Peanut Butter Mousse
4 ounces of fat-free cream cheese
1/2 cup splenda
1 ounce whey protein vanilla flavor
1/2 peanut butter
1/2 cup of skim milk
8 ounce sugar free cool whip
Beat together cream cheese, splenda and protien powder. Mix peanut butter and milk and beat until smooth

Fold in Cool Whip do not beat

Scoop into four- ounce bowls and refridgerate for 2 hours

Charlotte- I'd be a Moose without doing cardio! Heck, I feel like a cow now! My inquisition is here - just checked my C&S. Can't wait to get out of here today! I wonder what I got?

Morning Maniacs.

I did Plyo X last night later than normal. I took all I had to do it, but I forced myself and had a pretty good workout. Today is some form of cardio and Back and Biceps and Abs. I'm also going to go find some color for my hair. It looks terrible, it's almost embarrassing. LOL!

Lora, I like the breakdowns at first, but when you get to know the workout the breakdowns are soooooo looooong and boring to me. I hate the breakdowns in some of Cathe's kickboxing. I wish she'd do like a couple of punches and then get right into the combos instead of a gazillion of each individual punch and each individual kick leading into the combo... and then you go through the same looooong breaddown on the other side. I'm alot more annoyed by it in kickboxing as you can tell. :) I like KenpoX because he goes through that stuff alot faster. Step is alittle different as it's more complex and you need to get it all in your mind of what your doing.

Char, I can't wait till I can say I'm leaning out to much around my core. That's what I'm working on. I feel like I'll probably look like Olive Oil when it gets to that point. It's hard to lose the fat without looking to skinny cuz you can't keep the muscle. I think it's all about the eating. It's so complex yet so simple.

Debbie, I love that you can get in such a great workout in only 1 hr. You are really lifting some weight there. I thought my triceps were strong, but I'd drop the barbell on my face with 75lbs. for sure. Great work. Cool on the 6lb. weight loss with all that eating.

Randi, I copied the recipe and might try it today. It sounds delish!

Hey to everyone who follows! :)

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Well this morning i did pure strength legs. I feel like i didn't work out.I even went alot heavier than cathe.I don't think i like it. I hate the explaining . It seems to make it drag on.I don't like the music in it.
, and it is not chaptered as well. Probably because it was a vhs turned DVD.
I am planning cardio tonite.
Charlotte i would be a cow if i did no cardio.

I thnk i will stick with the pyramids and GS. I feel them alot more. Can't wait for the new ones...

Need a change.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Dally - the tricep exercise isn't "extensions", its where you do a close grip thumbless hold on your barbell and you kind of do a chest press but lower - this targets the tri's. I couldn't do extensions with 75#, no way. Cathe does these in GS Chest & Tri's, its the exercise that transitions you from chest to tri's in that workout.

Just got back from shop. Had dd's car in there for inspection, etc. Needed new brakes. Took about a 5 mile walk while waiting. Long morning.

Debbie,

You are really smokin' up your workout room lately. Need me to call the fire department??? lol. Good gosh!

Yeah, I need to eat more. Remember this past summer? Very hot here. Got in a nasty habit of not eating as much and think my tum tum shrank some so I am trying to make myself eat more..gradually though. I think that is the key with me. Bionic Yoga Kenpo X Woman...you are right...the whole thing with nutrition and workouts has to be fine tuned. Let us know what hair color you get.

Lora,

Oh do tell what the oils smell like...inquiring minds want to know.

Randi,

Thanks for sharing that recipe. I might switch it up with pumpkin instead of pb, whatcha think?

Anne,

Don't have PS here so I can't say if I would like it or not. No one will be cows here....lol. Impossible....too much maniacness.

Charlotte~~

Good afternoon,
This morning I started with Turbo Jam Fat Blaster no str, KPC starting after the intermediate segment and omitting the str, Slow & Heavy Triceps, Biceps and Abs no w/up.

Lora, I have some of Avon's Mediterranean Olive oil hair mask. You put it on after shampooing and leave it for 10 minutes then rinse. I haven't used it in a long time. I don't know why now. I liked it so much that when it was offered I purchased 4 jars. I still have one left.

Randi, I remember seeing the recipe in Oxygen. My only fear is that with all of that peanut butter I would be in trouble when I ate more than one helping. I have no willpower when it comes to peanut butter. Charlotte's idea mike work well though.

Debbie, wow on the triceps press. I usually manage this at 45# sometimes 50.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Toasty - just spoke with the DH and it wasn't my Inquisition order -- it was only a lonely ol' tee shirt I ordered. I'm not happy

Here is my Workout for today. This workout always slays me. Used dumbells. Biceps are fried! Upped weight on most biceps and back. Not much improvement on pull-ups.:(

Back and Biceps X

Wide front pull-ups- 1 1/2+8 band assist
Lawnmowers- 12/30
Twenty-ones- 21/15
One-arm cross-body curls- 12/20
Switch grip pull-ups- 4+4ba
Elbows-out lawnmowers- 12/30
Standing bicep curls- 15/15
One-arm concentration curls- 10/15
Corn cob pull-ups- 7ba
Reverse grip bent-over rows- 12/25
Open arm curls- 12/15
Static arm curls- 16/15
Towel pull-ups- 12ba
Congdon locomotives- 40/20
Crouching cohen curls- 15/12
One-arm corkscrew curls- 15/15
Chin-ups- 6
Seated bent-over back flys- 20/15
Curl-up/hammer curls- 12/15
Hammer curls- 10/15
Max rep pull-ups- 6ba
Supermans-5/holding 10 count
In-out hammer curls-10/12
Strip-set curls- 8/20-15-12-10-8

I still have abs and cardio to do.

Haven't done my hair yet.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Bionic Yoga Woman,

Your workout sounds like some wild sadistic bionic farmer in a field having fun with machinery...that would be your body parts,the machinery part. lol. Sounds like that took a long time to complete. I would say you just about covered it all. Very good workout. Now I got to go do mine. It won't be as long as yours. Holy cow!!!! lol

Lora,

Don't you hate that????? I was all smiles going to my mail box and I get bills. x( I am not really expecting anything else until the end of the month anyhow. I am waiting on a check though.

Diane Sue,

I think I will make my pumpkin recipe tomorrow and I will let you all know how it turned out. Great workout. I love your combinations. You keep it interesting, MANIAC!!!!!

Marietta,

How many miles did you run today???

Charlotte~~

Just popping in to tell you guys you are all on fire today. I am really impressed.
Unfortunately I had to take a rest day yesterday. Didn't want to. I was going to WO in my room, but the damn VCR wouldn't work right and after fiddling with it for 20 min I got so irritated I gave up. I really didn't have much in me last night anyway.
I have been under mega stress lately, and my Sarcoidosis has been a real b*tch too.
Sorry for ranting, just frustrated. I am really hoping to get a real kick ass work out in tonight. My hands are better, so hopefully there won't be any dumbell holding issues LOL!

I will check back in later. Trying not to be a bummer since you guys are doing so well today. Enjoy!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

I feel your frustration Maeghan, I've got to skip my WO today b/c I have no time. Was going to do KPC. Not enough hours in my day!

Everyone else has a had a good one though. Hopefully my day tomorrow will be better.

Have a good one!

Hello Maniacs!!

Been busy at work...especially since I was off yesterday, not much time to "play".

I did run this mornin....Toasty, I ran 4.5 miles and then I did some shoulder work. I have class this evening...need to decide what we are gonna do.

I am a cardio-junkie, but I love to lift weights also. It would be hard for me to drop either.

Megadoo - Glad you feel better...hope you get in your workout tonight. I'll check out your pics later...

Hi Lora, Debbie, Randi, Anne, Dallys, Suz...and the rest of the maniacs!

Take care,

~Marietta
http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/6/875/115861329517270.gif
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

I BENCHED 80#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I did:

3 sets/90 sec rest/ss

CG Pull Ups (I forgot it was chins this time as I was outside doing them on a tree) 7/6/4
Barbell Chest Press
70#/8
75#/5
80#/2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((HEEEELLLOOOO)))

Upright BB Rows
45#/10
50#/8
55#/5
Barbell Curls
55#/12
60#/8
65#/6

Pullovers
35#/12
45#/8
50#/4

My chest burns already!!!!! Like someone threw bricks at me. This is so great!!!!!!!!!! I am doing the happy dance...

:+ :+ :p :+ :p :7 :p :+ :7 :p :+ :7

Charlotte~~

Meg,

We all have them days. Tomorrow will be better...just you wait and see. Don't be bummed. Let yourself rest.

Marietta,

You should post some close up pictures of your legs...let's see them!!!!

Goldenrun,

Hope you get more time tomorrow. Some days are more hectic, aren't they?

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.