Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Nov 28

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Last night I did "Trying-to-Sleep Max". I did it for about 1.5 hours. Now I'm doing "Trying-to-Stay Awake Max" and "Deaf Ringing Ears Max".

The concert last night was awesome. As you can tell, I'm going to work on about 1.5 hours of sleep. I even took 4 sleeping pills and Valerian Root and still couldn't sleep. I can't hear a freakin' thing today either.

My boss let me leave early yesterday and my DH decided he wanted to leave the house at 5:00 pm. On the way to the concert, in the car, they announced that only the first 150 people in line would be allowed up front with a wrist band! We were about the 15th in line so I was front and center and had a great time. They rocked. Now I just pray I can make it thru today! Yesterday, I prayed all day that I'd be able to get up front. That sucks if they're gonna start doing this for all of the concerts though, as I can't always get out of work early!!

Have great workouts. I'll try to check back from work.

Meg & Deb- I guess GH was on yesterday. Sorry I told you it wasn't, but that's what the newsletter said. Did you see it? What did I miss.

Good morning!

I did P90M Cardio Intervals this morning. I have gym tonight so I didn't do any hard core cardio this morning as I have to be at the gym for almost 3 hours tonight. I'm still very sore from sunday's workout.

Someone in yesterday's thread asked me to tell you all a little bit about me.... I'm hoping to compete in NPC Figure competition next year sometime. I've been working out with a trainer for a couple of weeks now. I'm also studying to be a personal trainer as well. I have a mentor at the gym. He's a pain in the ass and we argue a bit but overall, we have fun. I also have two little boys....Ages 4 and 2. They're the most stubborn kids ever but they got it from me so I'm regretting my stubborness at times. LOL

Meg: I go to the gym anywhere between 4-5x a week. On tuesdays and thursdays, I do total body workouts with the trainer using moderate weights in functional fitness style with an hour of cardio split. On saturdays and sundays, I do a split (saturday is back/shoul/triceps and sunday is legs, chest and biceps in that order) with as heavy as I can go plus anywhere from 20 to 40 min of cardio on a machine. If I do go to the gym on friday nights, it's strictly cardio on a machine.

Thank you all for the welcome. I appreciate it! :7 May your DOMS treat you all well!

Lisa

Hey Lisa- I have two boys, 2 & 4 too! That is really cool that you can keep your gym schedule with the boys and everything. Good luck with your competition goals.

Lora- That Rocks! So glad everything worked out for the concert. I saw most of GH. Tracy keeps riding Luke's a$$ about being there for Lulu. He is off wallowing in his liquor at the Haunted Star instead of being with her.
Carly moved out of SOnny's. Alexis brought Sam to Dr WInters to try to help Christina come out of shock over seeing Sam shoot Diego. She is totally withdrawn.
Elizabeth is still taking care of Jason, which is annoying to me, cuz she is obviously falling for him especially now, and she better not intefere with him and Sam.
I missed the end, so that is all for this GH report.

So, as I figured, there was no time for a WO yesterday, but I had nice DOMS in my shoulders especially. I have a doc appt this mornign and my sis is picking Chase up from school and watching the kids so I get some, yes, don't be shocked, but ALONE TIME!!! Hey, I take it anyway I can get it!

I will either WO this afternoon, or tonight. Don't know what of course LOL!!

Good morning to all of you!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning,
Today I have to get done earlier. I am going to try and get in a decent cardio, abs and some yoga/stretching. I have an appt. with the vet for one of the puppies shots this morning and would love to get my last two Christmas presents bought before the snow hits Wed..

Lora, I am glad to hear you had such a great time last night. Sorry about the sleeping. I bet those sleeping pills started taking effect right when you got to work. That has to be miserable. I am still looking at lower body workouts. I think the new ones have some great glute and leg moves in them but I know it can get tiresome doing the same thing repeatedly. How is Barry's Bootcamp Legs/butt? Can you skip the cardio? Is it weights? Standing only?

Lisa, that is awesome that you plan on competeing. It will be interesting to see how your training goes. Thanks for sharing about yourself. I think all children can be stubborn. Makes them a real challenge:D

I was wondering if you could fit it in as a standing day?

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Lora, sounds like you had a good time...
Don't bust your face off the key board...LOL>>>>

Ok, we have another one here that is gonna make me look really fat..
OK, guess i am going to have to give up the wine...

No idea what ia m doing tonite...Need to set s schedule. I just go and look at them and say it is this part day, so i need and take it from there...So, al little of this and a little of that..I am gonna start singing...

No doms yet . The recovery drink must have worked.I betya i was waiting too long to eat and depleting the glycogen and that was why i was suffering...MMMMMM. I am learning.

Lisa, good luck... I am no fitness competer, but i think a few of the girls here could. HINT!!!!!But I will strive for the perfect butt. It has come a long way babyyyy....
Welllllll, lovely maniacs have a great day.
Off to work x....

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Yes, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone and my ears are buzzing and muted. I'm sure I'll be nodding off after lunch for sure! It was worth it though and I'd do it again in a second!! I even think the DH had a good time and is glad he went (sort of).

We were talking to the guy from the radio station that was taking pictures (which I'll have to show you guys once they post, cuz I know we were in some) and he said Hinder is coming to the area soon...so I guess that will be the next concert and hopefully Buckcherry will come back in another 3 months. You ladies know I'm obssessed with them.

Josh was looking fine last night and really put on an amazing show.......he's even skinnier in person. Xavier (the drummer in the avatar with me) was also in rare form last night. They were all having a good time and the crowd was really into the show. My DH only had to try to break up one fight in the crowd.

Charlotte - Some day -- we have to go to see them together!!

Morning Maniacs!

This morning I did a steady state on my treadmill. My low back is feeling funny, not sure if its from all the running I've been doing or what. So I thought I'd just keep it simple this morning. Went about 2.83 miles. Workout was 1 hr. 7 minutes, was in my zone for 53 minutes and burned 326 calories. Not too shabby!

Lora - Glad you had fun at the concert! Hope you can stay awake at work. I taped GH yesterday but haven't watched it yet. I know it wasn't on Friday but why wouldn't it have been on yesterday? Weird.

Lisa - Awesome on doing a competition. Wish I had the guts to do one. Keep us posted on your training and all, I will love to read about it.

Hi to everyone! Hope you all have a great day and awesome Maniac workouts!

Good morning!

I'm getting ready to do Imax 2 before work. I'm only working a half day so I can get ready to leave for my trip in the morning. I'm pretty much packed but just want to finish last minute things around the house and get to bed REALLY early so I'm not rushed tonight.

Lora - I'm so happy to hear everything worked out perfectly for you yesterday. And even with your boss. See, you didn't need to worry girl! I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Hopefully the high will keep you awake!

Lisa - 3 hours at the gym? WOW! That's cool that you're going to compete. We'll all be rooting for you. And don't forget to mention you have an adorable dog!!!

Meg - Enjoy your alone time. I hope all goes well at the doc.

Storm - Repeat after me - YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!! I might have to try these recovery drinks. I usually get really bad DOMS - except from Drill Max yesterday, as I expected.

Debbie - Smart workout considering your back today - and what a great calorie burn even though!!! And you SHOULD compete. Maybe Lisa will motivate you to do so!

Off to "JUMP HIGHER" since this will be my last Cathe cardio for awhile cuz Char and I are gonna BRING IT! So is Jeanette (Netta) - she just got hers, so maybe she'll join our check-in.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I will be working back. Cleaning, etc.

Lora,

All you have to do is invite me and I will go. I would love to see Hinder as well. Where is my Bitter Moon? No C&S for that yet...now I might not get it in time. I just got my vanity shirt yesterday. I ordered a size M and it fits perfectly. Their shirts seem to run alittle or the smaller side so this worked out perfectly.
You know, if you don't bring earplugs and you got to soooo many concerts, you will soon be deaf??? lol. If I go with ya, I am bringing pink neon ear plugs. lol.

Suz,

Yes, we will bring it! There is no doubt. So Netta gonna start with us? YEAH! I should ride my bike today. Almost gonna be 70 here. We will see how much time I have. Enjoy Imax 2.

Lisa,

I know all about you. You don't have to tell me. he he.

Debbie,

Yeah, take it easy there with the back. You got some of those patches you can stick on it..icy hot stuff, etc.? Nice calorie burn.

Diane Sue,

Snow? Gosh, I feel like I live in Florida lately. It is not cold here at all lately. Last Weds was freezing though with the rain coming down and we had a ice storm up in the mountains, behind our home.
Have a great day with all you want to do.

Anne,

I seen your pictures. Very nice. You got nice legs and I can see the definition taking place, more and more. I have some wine in my frig. I love wine too. Champagne is the best though. Both have lots of sugar in it.

Meg,

Enjoy your day being alone! lol. I am alone most of the time. Sometimes it is nice and other times I am climbing the walls.

Charlotte~~

Suz, it is the Enduro x4 or something like that. It is punch flavored. Not too bad. I only did 1 scoop. It says within 15 min after a w/o... I have been missing too many days from being sore, so i had to try something.

I don't go to the gym anymore. I used to be there for 2-3 hrs and i just don't have the time for it.Could you see me doing snow angels in front of people and flop on my face...

Char, the colder weather is movin in mid week. By the weekend cold and poss snowing here. You may get colder. It has been too nice here.. Upper 60's for November. That is why the deco outside is up. I did it one year in the 20's and never again...

Deb, take it easy. You know it is a bummer. We feel like we can do more and our bodies are gettin older and can't handle it. It is a bummer.

Made me some Lasagna . Fat free ricotta , lots of veggies ans whole wheat noodles. it is really good..Haven't seen the fat free ricotta around lately and the store had it...
We can still eat good stuff, just tweak it...LOL..

LORA, WAKE UP!!!!

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Hey Maniacs! Snow on the ground here this morning. It's d@%#m cold too! Today is a rest day. I might do some yoga and possibly, I might to a CC on the St. Bike. We'll see how I feel. I'm pretty sore and tired from yesterdays workout.

Lora- HELLO! CAN YOU HERE ME? LOL! I'm so glad you had fun at the concert! Looks like it all worked out. Hope you don't fall asleep at work today.;)

Lisa-That's awsome you are planning on a competition! Keep us all posted on your journey. What Personal Trainer certificate are you training for? I've thought about doing that.

Meg- That's funny you can see some alone time at the Doctors office! Hey, if it works, it's all good.:) Thanks for telling me about the fire station and the diner. I think it's so cool you are into all that.

Anne- The no wine is going to be a tough one. I still have my vices, but am slowly weeding them out, one by one. LOL! Please don't send me the Chili pepper lights! My DH would love those.LOL!

Diane Sue- Have fun with the puppy at the vets! Hope you have time to get your last presents. I haven't even thought about shopping yet.

Debbie- That's was a great calorie burner for something simple.:)

Suz- So, we won't be hearing from you when you are on your trip? We are going to miss ya.:) Can't wait to hear how you, Char, and Jeanette like P90X.

Char- YOu are making me mad with all that nice weather! I'm like freezing over here! Have fun cleaning today. I'm alone alot too. I get along great with myself. LOL!

Later crazies!

Here is my backyard this morning.

208894931.jpg

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Okay ladies - I'm still pumped up from last night. So far, so good!!

Now I guess I better start thinking about what leg workout I'll do tomorrow!

Suz - you know I'm a nervous person and ALWAYS worry. I'm neurotic...what can I say. I've accepted it. My DH was actually worse than me before the concert yesterday....not about getting up front though, but about going! Now, I'm already nervous about how I'll get up front at the next one............and the cycle of insanity never ends for me.........that's why I'm a MANIAC!!

ETA: Is it obvious that I don't want to work today? Hey, maybe the DH will actually do this again sometime. I called to check on him a couple times and he's hangin tough. He works 5:30 am to 1:30....so he said his day is almost over. I've been telling him how much I appreciate it too!! Gotta baby them sometimes...ya know?

Got all of my workout in but the yoga. I am going to have to leave here in a few minutes.
I started with Drill Max scrambled cardio premix which repeats drill 2&5 no str, then I did High Step Challenge cardio segments, Low Impact Circuit blast add on two times, LIC abs, 4 sets 45# barbell rollouts on toes 15 reps, High Step Ch abs and stretch. Hopefully I can still get in some yoga later. I'll be back later.

Long time no talk too............LOL!!

I'm back!!

I hope you ladies don't think I'm some wacked old lady having a severe midlife crisis with all of my concert going!! Not moi!!!

Lora-
You crazy girl! YOu are still flyin' from that concert, I can tell! WhooooooooooHooooooooooooooo! LOL! Oh and you're wacky, for sure.:)

Me again!

Imax 2 was a blast. But right after I was finished my hip let me know ENOUGH STEP ALREADY!!! I guess it's time for P90X. I knew it was coming. I've really been overdoing the step and wondering why no ill effects. But I figured I'd push it as long as I could. I even took ibuprofen! I really did have a good time though and I think I got a great calorie burn - about 18,642.

Char - ah, a bike ride. It's about 30 right now and really windy. Supposed to be zero tonight and 1-3" of snow. My drive to the airport in the am should be lovely. :)

Dallys - your backyard looks lovely. Is that a MOUNTAIN behind you? You know if I can find a computer on my trip I'm posting to you all!

Storm - yeah, that would be funny us falling on our faces doing snow angels at the gym! You should have seen me doing pushups off the ball yesterday. My ball was a little dirty I think and I slipped right off of it the first time!

Lora - I'm great at telling others not to worry, but I'm just as bad. I do the same thing! I'm already worried about getting to the airport on time, blah, blah, blah! I'm a real freak about that!

Diane Sue - every time someone mentions the "scrambled" workouts, it makes me want scrambled eggs. And I don't even really like them that much! Great workout!!!

Gotta go finish that report I've been working on for weeks. I'm waiting for #'s from our acctg. office, but not yet. I guess I'll have to make my best guess since I have to turn it in before I leave!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Lora,

I am having a mid life crisis, you know this. I am just wondering how long it will go on for. I still can't picture myself in a rocking chair EVER..knitting away, etc. Not me. Maybe when I am 70 I will climb Mt. Everest. I can't get enough out of living. I want to make my life as full as possible before I leave this world, ya know? I am ready for another concert. Godsmack is playing in Baltimore on Weds.

Charlotte~~

Yes......I'm still on a high from last night but fair warning - when I come down from it....it's gonna be a severe depressed state...then I'll be complaining again.

Charlotte - I emailed you from work.

Oh...Oh....I think Lunch did me in. I'm starting to fall asleep now. Can't wait to get home.

ANNE--- I appologize that I forgot to say this earlier.....YOU LOOK GREAT! The pictures are really good, you are working hard! And your house looks lovely! I love not having neighbors on top of me too. Pretty decs.

Well, I may be developing Rheumatoid Arthritis. Nothing to really worry about now. The doc will keep testing me. I will know for sure in the future. We are also cutting my meds down a tad which is good.

Crazy morning here. I am stuffing myself with a salad. Very yummy, although, I could really go for some lasagna! Having steak for dinner. Can't wait! Hope I have steak sauce!

Oh, DS-- I know you have probably said before, but about how many mg of sodium do have a day? Or what is the range you try to keep in? I always look at sodium levels, but honestly have no idea what is good and what is not.

Hello to everybody else!

Lora- you really crack me up!
Hopefully when you do *come down* you will just go to sleep and get a good sleep.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Back from the vet. I get to do this again next Tuesday with the other puppy. Puddle is only 10 weeks old and already she is 26.5 lbs. She is a big baby:) The vet told me to try tabasco sauce on my red leaf maple because my doga are eating the bark off:( I thought I would let the dogs have a little romp outside and eat my salad before I go to the store. It is sunny here today and warm. Funny that tomorrow it will snow.

Lora, you could do something like the w/u and then the bonus on B&G 2 times add the firewalkers and do Muscle Max Lower then add abs and a stretch. I don't know how you feel about MM though. I think I get a pretty good workout with it and the lowerbody is only 14 minutes bonus lower B&G 2x would be 12 min. it would give you time for the abs too.

Suz when I see scrambled I think of those unscramble the letters papers we did in school:)

Dally's, the snow is pretty but I do not envy you having it.

Anne, your pictures show you are making a lot of progress. Your abs are showing definition. Your home is beautiful. Did you add on to it? Some time I will put up some decorations. I have a feeling that a tree that the puppies can get at would not be a good idea.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.