Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues May 8

Good Morning
Today is KPC. I got my cathe catolog and supersets/push and pull in the mail yesterday I'm so excited! My knees are very sore I was taking JOint M.D. but I havent bought anymore since i've been out. It's suppose to work faster then regular glucosmine.
Have great workouts everybody
Randi

This morning was shoulders and I had an excellent workout. Even looked forward to doing this today.

Overhead Dumbbell Press: 25's
superset w/
Lateral Raise: 15's - 4 sets/8 reps
*** First time I used 25's for this many sets and reps.

Upright Rows: 55# for 1 set, then dropped to 50# for the rest
superset w/
Front Raises: 10's - 3 sets/10 reps

Arnold Press: 20's for 1 set, the dropped to 15's - my left shoulder actually gave out on these
superset w/
Bent Over Lateral Raise: 12's - 2 sets/12 reps

Barbell Shrugs: 85#
superset w/
Dumbbell Shrugs: 40's - 4 sets/8 reps

I think I'm going too heavy with this but the explanation of this rotation says to work to failure and believe me, I did today. I think using the 25's for the first superset did me in. Got a great burn going, though!

Then I did the ab work from Low Impact Circuit.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning, our electricity went out last night sometime so the alarm did not go off. I woke up and it was light out. I usually wake before the alarm though. Today is M&F rotation back and biceps and Kickbox. It has been raining buckets here. I think that is good but am sure kind of tired of it.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday found a new bike route. Looking forward to going a new way on my bike. Looks like more hills though. rut ro. Gonna do chest/back later. Weather 77 degrees so nice for bike ride. Hope it won't get windy.

Diane Sue,

Sounds like wild weather there. Have fun with your workouts.

Debbie,

Love hearing that you are burning. All toastified and what not! lol. Keep it coming girl. Great job!

Randi,

I know all about sore knees. Hope they feel better. KPC is one of my favorite workouts.

Lora,

Enjoy your workouts. Sound fun.

Charlotte~~

I did Cardio Coach - Volume 6 - the Special Edition Press Play one for about 45 minutes and then came upstairs and did Tracey's Step Sweatfest part 1. Total cardio was 1 hour 24 minutes and I burned 560 calories. I really enjoyed the step workout this second time around. It was sort of challenging after that CC workout. Some of it was a real leg burner. Then I did all of the lower body work from Power Squeeze and Custom Squeeze (no abs cuz mine were feeling fatigued when i started it). I finished off with Ravi & Ana's AM Kundalini Yoga 30".

Last night I did a Classical Stretch workout. I really love these at night. I just bought the 2007 TV Series - 3 DVD set. I wish I could get my Mom to try them. They are great for spine problems (especially upper back & shoulders) imbalances, etc. They would be so good for her...but all she does for exercise is walk.

Diane Sue - I'd love to see some recent pic's of you since you said you had some noticeable results from the recent rotation. Always an inspiration to me.

Deb - your enthusiasm is contagious! You're really attacking these rotations and your body shows it! Keep up the good work.

Toasty - the weather is nice her also. Have fun on your bike ride. Do you have a new route all worked out? I hope my BPAL Lady Luck order gets here today. I just checked my C&S and I have something that arrived. Hope that's what it is. I bought another bottle of Dark Delacacies the other day. They still had it in stock. I really like that one. Once you get settled - please take some more pics of that awesome body of yours! Love your avatar.

Randi - what's wrong with your knees? why do you have to take Glucosamine? I'm sorry that they are bothering you. Does step aerobics flare them up?

Janie - glad you decided to stay. This group is very inspiring and you belong here as long as you do the best you can do for your body. We're all different and all have different limitations/levels, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Hi to everyone else. Have great workouts.

ETA - My poor little Brookie is not feeling well from that vaccine yesterday. She stayed in bed with me all morning and I carried her downstairs (or she'd still be up there). She hasn't eaten all day and hasn't played. Those things must really make her feel ill. She was like this last time she got vaccinated. She must be a sensitive little soul.

Morning Maniacs! Had another killer workout this morning. Love these hard workouts that get it good in a short amount of time. My Tennis elbow is surprisingly healing faster than I thought it would. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Workout: NROL Fatloss 2 workout A. 1 min. rests between exersises.

Warmup: One set all exercises low weight, no rests.

*Superset
Front Squat 3x12x48 (why are these harder than normal squats?)
WG seated cable row 3x12x80 OY!
*Superset
SB supine hip extension/leg curl 3x12
BB Push Press 3x12x36 (these seem harder than normal press too!)
*Superset
Dynamic lunge 3x12x36
SB UB russian twist 3x12

Gotta go catch up will all your posts BBL

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Lora- Hope your kitty feels better soon. Poor thing.

Debbie-25's on the presses! Holy $%#@!

Diane Sue- We had alot of rain a few days ago. It's nice at first and then you start to get real sick of it. LOL!

Toast- Great you found a new bike route.:) When do you start work?

Jen- Sorry you are so busy at work. Keep posting when you can.:)

Suz- YOu there?

Randi- Have fun with the new DVD's

Hi to Michelle and Janie (jealous of your gardening) and Marietta and Meg and Anne and anyone else I can't think of at the moment.

Gotta get something to eat...later

Good Morning!
This morining i did GS Legs the i used the elliptical and did intervals 1min work:1 min rest repeat this 10 times, it was great. I hope to get a bike ride in later as it looks like its going to be a nice day:)
Randi-Have fun with your new DVD and hope your knee feels better
Debbie-Great workout, you work so hard and it shows!:),you look great
Diane Sue-Thanks so much for weeks 11 &12 you are such a sweetheart, Enjoy your workout.
Charlotte-Have fun on your new bike route,hope the weather stays nice!
Lora-Great workout 560 cals, Thats amazing!, Hope your kitty feels better!
Dallys-Great workout, Thats good to hear about your elbow feeling better
Hello to everyone else.Have a great day!:)

Morin Maniacs,

Having a cup of coffee and reading what is on my rotation for the day. Looks like Imax Two and segment three of Core Max.

Randi, have fun with KPC.

Debbie, you are an amazing person.

Diane Sue, I hope for better weather for ya. Thanks again for the rotations from M&F.

Charlotte, I love your new pictures. You are awesome!

Lora, thanks, it's good to be back. I do work hard, and because of you and the others inspiring words, I'll continue to benefit.

Dallys, your w/o looks really good.

Michelle, GS legs is hard, good for you.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Just got back from bike route. Geez, I only think it is 8 miles? 1 hour is all it took. Nice hills inbetween. One lab dog came out to chase me..was a friendly dog. Not a problem. A mother said "shut up" to her child. lol and I heard a whistle from someone. A few beeps..someone knows me? Or just trying to make sure I know they are coming.

Thanks for the comments. I swear I need a new suit. Keep wearing the same ones.

So I am thinking about taking a left turn next time on bike route which should make the ride about 2 hours. lol. I am gonna head into next town that way. Gonna eat and then work chest/back.

Ladies have a lovely day.

Thanks Bionics! Still loving your avatar as well. In fact, love all the avatars. Lora is with a band member that is hot and she is looking hot herself. Beautiful skin and smile. Diane Sue is always lying about her age and her picture tells us the truth. Sorry Diane Sue. Don't make Debbie mad. She has some mass on her. Janie's picture is so lovely and pleasant. Michele, you are beautiful and fit and so is Randi.

Char - Nice ride! Nice AVI! Your abs are to die for! You are a hot mamma! :)

Lora - Great workout and awesome calorie burn!

Dallys - Excellent workout girl! I hate front squats as well. They are harder because your entire body is trying to balance that stupid bar across the front of your shoulders and chest. I HATE THEM!!! They work the quads well, though.

Michelle - You also had a great workout. I love GS Legs, its my favorite leg workout!

I finished my workout. I did Kimberly Spreens Absolutely Kickbox absolute intervals premix, then the M&F rotation. That was a long workout. Kimberly's was 93 minutes and the M&F came out to and hour and 4 minutes. I really have no time left now. I have to stop at the store before going to the school.

M&F Back and Biceps
barbell row 65# 10 reps 3 sets, 75# 8 reps 2 sets
widegrip pulldown bowflex 160# 10 rep 1 set, 180# 8 reps 4 sets
seated cable row bowflex 90# ea. hand 10 reps 1 set,100# 8 reps 4 sets
straight arm pulldown bowflex 90# 10 reps 5 sets
barbell curl 45# 8 reps 3 sets, 50# 8 reps 2 sets
preacher curl on ball barbell 45# 8 reps 3 sets, 40# 8 reps 2 sets
concentration curl bowflex 50# 8 reps 5 set
barbell wrist curl 35# 8 reps 5 sets
barbell reverse wrist curl 20# 8 reps 5 sets

Charlotte, I like your new picture. You are looking good!! Getting back into bike riding? Do you like this route better than your old one.

Dallys, my dogs are not appreciating the rain either. They ring the bell and when I open the door they look out, look at me, and back up into the house.

Michelle and Janie, it was no problem sending you that M&F rotation. I hope you can use it sometime.

Hi to everyone,

I finished my workout. I did Kimberly Spreens Absolutely Kickbox absolute intervals premix, then the M&F rotation. That was a long workout. Kimberly's was 93 minutes and the M&F came out to and hour and 4 minutes. I really have no time left now. I have to stop at the store before going to the school.

M&F Back and Biceps
barbell row 65# 10 reps 3 sets, 75# 8 reps 2 sets
widegrip pulldown bowflex 160# 10 rep 1 set, 180# 8 reps 4 sets
seated cable row bowflex 90# ea. hand 10 reps 1 set,100# 8 reps 4 sets
straight arm pulldown bowflex 90# 10 reps 5 sets
barbell curl 45# 8 reps 3 sets, 50# 8 reps 2 sets
preacher curl on ball barbell 45# 8 reps 3 sets, 40# 8 reps 2 sets
concentration curl bowflex 50# 8 reps 5 set
barbell wrist curl 35# 8 reps 5 sets
barbell reverse wrist curl 20# 8 reps 5 sets

Charlotte, I like your new picture. You are looking good!! Getting back into bike riding? Do you like this route better than your old one.

Dallys, my dogs are not appreciating the rain either. They ring the bell and when I open the door they look out, look at me, and back up into the house.

Michelle and Janie, it was no problem sending you that M&F rotation. I hope you can use it sometime.

Hi to everyone,

Hi Maniacs! I found 2 really good articals I think you all might like. The first one talks about 10 ways to improve your workout. It talks about all the stupid myths that us women get caught up in. Even how trainers screw us up. Course, we here have learned alot are not true, but he explains it all so clearly. The second one gives some great tips on optimizing your workout. Like, how to really engage your glutes without using your lowerback and hamstrings. It also talks about how our "cycles" affect our workouts through out the month. Very interesting, because we all talk about how we had "tons of energy" today, or how we just "didn't have any strength" today. It also addresses cardio and what effects it has for some of us. I got alot out of both.

Here they are:
http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=07-FIG08-training
http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=07-FIG12-training

The info. is geared toward fitness competitors, but it still could apply to anyone who works out.

Diane Sue- My dog hates to go out in the rain too. She'll do a quickie and not finish her business.

Debbie- Good explaination on the front squats. I get a bruise from the bar on my chest. LOL! I'll keep doing them because they are different and of course ***in the rotation.:)

I see I double posted. To late to edit one. I tried LOL
I guess I was in a hurry to get out the door:)

Dallys, thanks for pointing out those articles. They have some good information in them. I agree with the why not work heavy at the start and attain the look you want then maintain.

HELLO LADIES, I mean fitness finatics.
No w/o today. Tired, sore ,depressed, cramps,crabby.
Sums it up...
My fricken hamstrings and legs are really sore..
I am not taking an ice bath...LOL...
Makin a big bowl of hot a** chil and playing on the comp...Not 2 big cans of beans though. I have to work tomorrow...Only i can...

Got alot on my mind and havin some wine...
Char, you look great. Nice curtains...I could have made ya them .. Yeah, i sew.. I do stained glass too(cabinet doors, tiffany lamps)...I am at your mercy if i can find time..No big hurry, i can do it..
When i find time..I do friends favors if you need something...
Good luck on a job. I would give ya one if you lived here...

Deb, would you send me the rotation please..( curious) My daughter dumped the magazines and i was not digging in the dumpster...LOL..

Janie, Dally, I think Michelle,(i stink on names,)Diane Sue, hello.
Just spottin in... to say hello all..
Where the heck is Amber and Suz??
Meag,,, I want to see your post..Where are youuuuuuuuuu???

Take care ladies, gonna hit the tube..
and be lazyyyyyyyy...

I will make up tomorrow..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.