Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues May 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Manias -

My rotation calls for Imax 2 today. I'll probably do some yoga also. Be back in a bit.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Chest/Back today and some light cleaning. Interview at 10:30. Rah Rah. lol.

Lora,

Still no word on Blue Moon. :-(

Charlotte~~

First day back to 5:30 a.m. wakeups! I can't believe how easy it was to get out of bed this morning. I felt great and could not wait to do my workout. Today was shoulders, abs and I did a short run on my treadmill. Did Tri-sets again with 2 minutes rest between each tri-set:

Shoulders:
Seated Overhead DB Press: 30's - 3 sets/4 reps (**PB here!)
Triset w/
Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 15's - 1 set/12 reps - 12's - 2 sets/12 reps
Triset w/
Bent Over Lateral Raise: 10's - 3 sets/20 reps
** I cannot believe I am finally to 30# dumbbells for shoulder presses. This has been a goal of mine forever! I'm really psyched about it!

Traps:
Dumbbell Shrugs: 45's - 2 sets/6 reps
Triset w/
Incline Dumbbell Shrug: 30's - 1 set/12 reps - 35's - 1 sets/12 reps
Triset w/
Behind-the-Back Barbell Shrug: 40# - 2 sets/20 reps

Then I did the ab work from Pure Strength Legs and even though my quads and hamstrings are screaming at me today, I got on my treadmill for a half hour. Did some sprinting and hill climbs. I felt like a machine today, endorphines flowing like crazy! Love this feeling.

Wore my HRM for the treadmill work only so I was on that for 36 minutes, in my zone for 27 minutes and burned 196 calories. Travelled 2.12 miles.

Hope you all have a great day and workouts!

I ended up doing Imax 2 followed by Cardio Blast Gliding with Mindy. Cardio was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 535 calories. I also did MTV's Pilates Mix for abs and used my magic circle. I also did Yoga Bliss Hips 30" premix - Quick Hips.

Toasty - I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Blue Moon. It is unique. It's funny cuz I don't like Rose scents, but I love Rose Moon. The new lunar update should probably go live tomorrow. I have no idea what moon it's going to be. I'm anxious for the next act of the Carnivale. I'm so pleased with my favorites from the Carnivale so far, Snake Charmer, Mme Moriarty, Tireasis the Adrogyne, Boomslang and Temple Viper! I just got done cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms.

Hi Deb - Wow - that's great you couldn't wait to work out. I wish that's how rest periods made me feel. They just make me lazy!

Hi to everyone else. Have great workouts.

I have a busy day planned. Lots to do and later in the afternoon I have that appt with the ENT specialitst about my sinuses. I"m afraid I'm not getting hired because of my teary eyes and the fact that my sinuses make me sound like I have a constant cold and I don't .............and I never call off sick on a job either.

Debbie,

Way to go on the overhead presses! Good Lord, woman!!!! Keep it up. Very inspiring.

I got to get ready for my interview now..make sure I grease up my face and find some destroyed bibs to wear and throw grease on them too. lol. Just kidding!

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs! Trying to decide if I want to continue Slim Series. I just can't get past 2 weeks of it the last few times I've tried. Stay tuned...

Great job Debbie! You are a real machine today!}( Holy #$%*!

Char- Don't forget your wrench. LOL! Good luck! Hot Avitar!

Lora- Good luck with the doc.

Anne- Have fun in DC. Missed why you are going.

Hi to all of you other Maniacs out there.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning, it has been a really busy weekend. Got to bed after midnight last night. I did my BOSU Blast workout yesterday with Seasun Zieger and M&F rotation week 11 Chest Triceps and Abs. I am not sure I like those 5 reps explosive on the positive moves. I kept moving the weight up and felt like I did not work that hard. Today is back and biceps. I will run on the treadmill as well.
I have all of the grandchildren here today. So back to the summer adjustment :) BBL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Well I have the job if I want it. Do I want it though? No lunch break. Really wants me to work the entire day...9-5. I can't starve. Explained about my fitness world..probably thinks I am eccentric, but nonetheless I am always myself and I don't think it should be any other way. Keep it real as they say. So starvation is not an option. I can't imagine cramming down all the food I eat for lunch in a flash. No way. DH will say take it, but dh will be the first one to tell me that I have excess fat somewhere. This is not for dh, this is for me so I say it isn't gonna work unless I can eat. I can eat a snack in a flash, but not lunch and I am not skipping it either. That is my biggest meal of the day.
Anyhow, the guy was extremely friendly and said I was attractive and one of his eyes was a lazy eye or something so it was hard to look at him with crazy eyes..don't know where to look. lmao! :p :7 I bet he thought I was a bit odd as I talked about fitness alot, but most people do anyways so I am use to it. I told him I am dedicated to it and eating is 80% of fitness and so I eat alot and more then most men. So he can take it or leave it, but says he will call me in a week so not to think I won't hear back. He is trying to finish training one girl and then he wants me to start. I dunno. Opinions?

Anne - Have a great trip!

Lora - Great workout! I love IMAX 2!

Char - About the lunch thing. It is state law that the company you work for allows you 30 minutes for lunch and two 15-minutes breaks during the day. That is the LAW. They cannot tell you to work somewhere for 8 hours and eat nothing. I'd say keep looking, that just doesn't sound good.

Diane Sue - Wow, your on week 11 already? That time went fast. Have you noticed any muscle gain with this rotation?

Mornin Maniacs,

Planning on doing Great weighted workout with Karen Voight. It's time for something different for the day.

Debbie, all I can say is WOW!:eek:

Diane Sue, You sure do a lot for your children and grandchildren. I admire you.

Ann, wish you luck. Let us know all about it later.

Lora, good luck with your sinuses appt. Let us know OK?

Dallys, is Slim Series not working out for you? How come? Want to know cuz I'm interested in buying it.

Char, I agree with Debbie, it is the law. If you are already hum hawing about this job. Well?

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Janie- Slim Series is working just fine. I've just done so many rotations with it, that the last couple of times I've done it, I start to lose focus and get antsy and bored. It happens with any rotation that I've already done. I'm going to stick with it for 2 more weeks.

Char- Sounds strange on the no-lunch thing. How could that be ok? Maybe you should talk to him again, or talk to some of the workers and see if that's for real. It is the law and it is humane to get a lunch break. Geez! 9 to 5 isn't bad. It's a set schedule that you will get used too. I hate work that changes the schedule all the time and you can never plan ahead. You could workout in the mornings or after work with that schedule.

back to work for me...

Dallys- have you tried listening to your own music while doing Slim Series? That helps me to stick with it.

Toasty - Ditto what Deb said. That's the Law in Ohio!! 1/2 hour for lunch and 2 15 minute breaks.....if you work 8 hours. I'd just tell him.....it's the Law ....so you'll take the job with the lunch break, etc. ....if you want it. Good Luck.

Re: Lunch breaks

I worked in payroll for a lot of years (I was a Certified Payroll Professional and worked for Paychex, which is a payroll outsource company), and there is no law in Virginia that requires an employer to offer lunch breaks. It's not a federal law, either, in fact it goes according to the state you live in. The only across-the-board law is overtime which you are required to get if you have worked over 40 hours in a week. Sorry to report that it's not a law in Ohio either. There ARE very stringent laws when it comes to minors, however.

Trainer today - did a quick treadmill work out (25 minutes) with 5 sprint pickups, then to upper body. Love having the trainer sessions, hate him in a good way. He did say my back is well defined (I rarely look at it!) but my shoulders are weak. Set after set after set of .... everything. I am already in pain. But great to feel that motivation again - a new challenge.

Char, I agree with others - keep walking. Need I give you that pep talk again? :) What kind of work are you looking for btw?

Debbie - back with a vengence!! I must take a rest week if it means a comeback like that! Rock on!

Lora, to heck with the dr who says surgery. Have you considered a homepathic doctor? Been going with my DD who is 7, has had horrible allergies and I tell you she is nearly cured. No steroid inhalers, no antibiotics, just Euphrasia and one other treatment. Works for Europeans, why not us?

Hey everyone else! Great workouts!!! Must go sprinkle Advil on my salad now.

Julie
Fit Over 40

Well then just call it inhumane!!! and tell the idiot it's a law anyway!
Better yet, tell him you're a minor Charlotte!! LOL! Jailbait......since he finds you attractive.

>Well then just call it inhumane!!! and tell the idiot it's a
>law anyway!
>Better yet, tell him you're a minor Charlotte!! LOL!
>Jailbait......since he finds you attractive.

LMAO! Yep, I'd say FORGET IT! I can't function without food every 2-3 hours. I'm glad I have a job where my boss doesn't care how often I eat.

Lora- I do listen to my own music alot. The new ones don't have the music-off option. Can you believe that? I'm back to being ok with finishing the rotation. Must be the coming-off-of-a-long-weekend thing. I've slapped myself and am back on track, LOL!

Cake- That's good to know that it isn't a law in Char's state. It's unbelieveable, but still good to know. I don't think I could ever work 8 hrs. without a couple a breaks and a lunch.

Char- I feel for ya on this one. It seems like where you live there aren't alot of job options either. Hope it all works out.

Julie- Hi! I didn't see your post up there.:)

Finished my workout. I then took the grandchildren to MacDonalds and got myself a SW Salad. Brownies are for snacks and they are outside playing in my grandson's new spiderman sprinkler. I started my workout with the treadmill workout from Barry's Bootcamp I think it was arms and abs( not sure the title) then went on to do 5 miles on the treadmill. I then did the M&F week 11 back & biceps, Yoga Shatki shoulder openers and inversions. I really need to do a lot of clean up here as I have been in and out of the house all weekend. Tomorrow is the day I get my root canal. Still feeling not that worked with this phase of the rotation. I do the explosive moves on the positive portion.

M&F rotation:Mon
bench press 50# 5 reps 1 set, 60# 5 reps 2 sets
incline dumbbell press 25#dumbbells 5 reps 1 set, 30# 5 reps 2 sets
dumbbell flye 25# 5 reps 3 sets
close grip bench press 50# 5 reps 3 sets
Triceps pressdown Bowflex 90# 5 reps 3 sets
reverse crunch 15# medicine ball 20 reps 3 sets
crunch resisted Bowflex 120# 20 reps 3 sets
cable crunch bowflex kneeling 180# 15 reps 3 sets

Tues.
barbell row 65# 5 reps 3 sets
wide grip pulldown bowflex 180# 5 reps 3 sets
seated cable row bowflex 90# each hand 5 reps 3 sets
barbell curl 50# 5 reps 3 sets
preacher curl on stability ball 45# 5 reps 1 set, 40# 5reps 2 sets
barbell wrist curl 35# 10 reps 3 sets
barbell reverse wrist curl 16# 10 reps 3 sets

Lora, I really liked the bosu blast. It got my hr up there and I stumbled a little but the workout was not to complicated. I don't think I will have a hard time learning it. She breaks it down pretty well.

Charlotte, is that the Tastee Freeze job that doesn't allow a lunch break? I do most of my eating from lunch time on LOL. It would be hard to break eating habits. I would hate being hungry and smelling greasy food. It would make me nauseated.

Awe, thanks Janey. Great Weighted is a good workout. I used to do that one a lot.

Debbie, 30's for overhead presses is great. Yes, I have noticed that my t shirt sleeves are tight. I can see my hamstrings more. I think all over there is more definition. Surprising since I overloaded on the salt and garbage food this weekend when we were working and having birthday parties and ate way to much fast food. Hopefully that settles. I need to have time to get to the grocery store. No salad left in the house either.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.