Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues May 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I'm off to do Imax 2 and hopefully a bit of yoga. I have an early morning hair appt and another full day scheduled, so my workout will be short again. Be back in a bit.

I ended up doing Imax 2 followed by Ravi & Ana's Yoga Beauty Body 45". Cardio was 59 minutes and I burned 411 calories. Couldn't push my HR to the max during the intervals, as my asthma is flaring a bit and I was in a pre-wheeze. I think my sinuses are feeding my asthma. It's a vicious cycle. It's humid here today also.

I hope I have time to do a Classical Stretch later, as I'm feeling stiff. I couldn't even get my legs all the way to the floor (at first) in Plough pose, as my shoulders are so tight. I haven't had time to do my neck/shoulder stretches for the last 3 days due to everything that's going on. Must try to get those in today.

Have a great day ladies. I'm going to get my hair cut, run errands and then hopefully get my Mom transfered to her facility for rehab.

Michelle -you asked about yoga for a good stretch. I asked you a couple questions about what type of practice you were looking for, i.e. restorative, etc. and I didn't see your answer....so here's my rec's and their level of difficulty. For a pure restorative practice, Rainbeau Mars does one called Pure Tranquility. It is all done on the floor and is very soothing. It is only 30". Can purchase at CDUniverse or Amazon. For something with just a little effort and a pretty decent stretch (and they are 2 of my all time fave sessions), I like Rainbeau Mars Yoga for Beauty Series - Dusk & Dawn. They are each about 48-55 minutes long and wonderful. I tend to grab them a LOT and mostly when I'm having a bad day and aren't real strenous, but it's not really a walk in the park either. For ones that are just a really good stretch but are a bit more vigorous, I love Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happines (has 6 premixes from 30" to 80"). The Magically Hips premix is wonderful for people who do lots of aerobics/sports. I also really like Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. It has loads of material on it and you can basically choose a Lunar Sequence which would be gentle or a more difficult practice. You can also customize your own workout using the matrix. It is filmed on a sand dune in the middle of the ocean, so the scenery is breathtaking. Bryan Kest's original Power Yoga series are each only about 45-50 and they are pretty good stretches, but they are a bit challenging, as well. One last one that leaves me feeling really good (but I don't LOVE the instructor like I do in the above ones) is Yoga for Athletes with Kim Fowler. It is fairly is moderately challenging and she really gets into all of those places athletes need it. You can find the latter at www.yogaforathletes.com. Hope this helps.

Have a great day and great workouts.

This morning was Biceps and Triceps. I enjoyed this workout a lot. Got in, got out. Short, sweet and intense. I like it that way!

Supersets again, took a 1:30 rest between each superset.

EZ Preacher Curls: 55#
superset w/
Overhead Tricep Extension: 45#
4 sets/6 reps

Barbell Curls: 50#
superset w/
Lying Tricep DB Extensions: 20's
3 sets/8 reps

Hammer Curls: 20's
superset w/
Bench Dips: Body weight
4 sets/10 reps

Then I did the ab work from Body Max 2. LOVE this ab work!!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good morning, todays workout is M&F back and biceps. I will do step today. Hopefully there is time for some stretch and/or yoga. That crazy headache is hanging on. I haven't taken anything today. doesn't seem to be working and I don't want to get stuck with rebound headaches. Those can take weeks to get rid of. I wanted to go to the store and get a bosu before I pick up my grandchildren and I need to go to the pet store for food. BBL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morining everyone, Hope the weather is as nice for everyone else as it is for me,
didnt get a chance to get on here yesterday, so for my workout yesterday i did GS back and then i went on a bike ride it was about 16 miles and took me an hour, so many hills i loved it!!
Today is GS legs i think i may take a day off from cardio ill see when im done GS legs.

Lora-so sorry to hear of your mom, how is she? Thanks so much for the list of the yoga, sorry i wasnt more descriptive before as to what i was looking for, i didnt really think there was so many different types, i think the one that you descriped Rainbeau Mars Yoga for Beauty Series - Dusk & Dawn sounds like excatly what im looking for.Thanks so much for your time i would have never found that on my own:)

Diane Sue-i hope your headache lets up:) Have fun with your BOSU, i want one too:)

Well better get moving, Hope everyone has a great day

Morning Maniacs! Today I will be doing another Slim Series workout. I might go on a Mt. Bike ride later too.

Lora- I hope your mom is feeling better today.

Debbie- Great job on the workout! That looks like a good one.

Diane Sue- Sorry about your headache. I hope it goes away soon.

Anne- Funny picture!

Michelle- We've been having fantastic weather here. I love it. Great job on your workout and bike ride.:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Debbie,

You are doing very well, but in particular..the tricep work...that is so hulkster of you to use 20's. That must hurt some. I am thinking it does. lol. Nicely done.

Lora,

Very nice workout. That was short? lol

Bionics,

So wish we could ride together. Enjoy!

Michele,

Sixteen miles in 1 hour is awesome! I do 8 miles in 1 hour. lol. I don't go fast though as I wait to get up the hills and that gets my heart rate high enough. I am not a cardio lover though.

Diane Sue,

Hope your headache goes away. I had one yesterday from all the driving. I didn't have my sunglasses though as I lost them AGAIN and I think the sun bothers my eyes.

My workout schedule is PM and Yoga today.

I need to get into the garden first and water. It suppose to be sunny and warm.

Sorry about your Headache Diane Sue.

Lora, great workout.

Ann, have a great workout today and all week.

Debbie, you will always impress the heck out of me.

Charlotte, you have a great day.

Michelle, your rotation looks great.

Dallys, enjoy your slim series.

Got a go ladies, will talk later. Enjoy the day and work hard.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Just finished all my leg work and KPC. Feeling good. Gonna start dinner now. House is cleaned...3 stories of it. lol. Anyone use the vacuum cleaner in their garage? lol I have to wash cars after dinner.

Charlotte~~

Just got home and ate dinner. Been gone all day running around and with my Mom.

Thanks for all of the well wishes for Mom. She's in the rehab place, but it's a Nursing Home as well and it's very depressing. She doesn't fit in at all! I hope she's not there long.

Michelle - Good choice with the yoga! I get SO SO much use out of mine and I love them more than the day I purchased them. I love Rainbeau. How can you not like someone with the name Rainbeau Mars! Do you think her parents were hippies or what?

Diane Sue -so sorry your headache is still here. Hopefully you're Grr will reach you soon. Did I tell you how much better it worked for me when I applied it and then soaked in the tub? It did! Did you get a Bosu? Did you get the regular size? Now you need a cardio DVD!!

Toasty - that's short compared to what I've been doing.

Hi to everyone else - hope I didn't forget to address anyone - believe it or not I'm tired! Just hope I can sleep when I go to bed. I have to go watch GH. No time for stretch tonight.

I am finally getting on here. My headache has let up some. I finally took something. I went to Academy to get the bosu and they only had one opened. I was worried about purchasing it. DH came home and took me to one in a few miles further away and they had one that was not open. Today I did Tracey Staehle's Sweatfest step 1st workout and then 3 miles on the treadmill. I then did Back and Biceps Muscle and Fitness rotation. This took a long time and I had to drop back weight on the preacher curls because I messed up and did concentration curls first. I just think it was not a good day:) I finished with Yoga Shatki basci back bend and supine poses. Tomorrow I plan on doing M&F legs and calves because I have the dentist appointment Thursday am when I am scheduled to do it.

M&F
wide grip pulldowns Bowflex 180# 10 reps 3 sets
dumbbell row 35# dumbbells 8 reps 3 sets
seated cable rows Bowflex 100# each hand 10 reps 3 sets
straight arm pull downs Bowflex 90# 12 reps 1 set, 100# 10reps,2sets
preacher curl on the ball 35# 10reps, 2 sets, 40# 8 reps 1 sets
concentration curls bowflex 50# 10 reps 3 sets
cable curls bowflex 50# 8 reps 3 sets
barbell wrist curl 35# 12 reps 3 sets
barbell reverse wrist curls (body bar) 9# 12 reps 3 sets

Lora, I am glad you were able to run around with your Mom. My fil fell on ice and injured his back. He has been in a home for months. I pray that she will be all right and out of there soon. He was not an active person so for him it has not been good. I did get the full size bosu. I am planning on adding in the lower body work from Tracey's Sweatfest sculpt when I do my M&F lower work tomorrow. Hopefully those oils will come tomorrow. I would try grr before my bath and then soak too. I really do think these may be rebound headaches because I have been using to much aspirin. I am really trying to cut back.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.