Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Tues June 29

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs - This morning I wanted to do more cardio than weights, but the DVD I chose was more weights than cardio....so i kept the weights very light so that I can still lift tomorrow. I used 4-8 lbs and did Fit TV Ten Pound Slimdown with Chris Freytag. Max HR was 143 and I burned 483 calories in 63 minutes.

Diane Sue - do you think Jillian's Yoga Meltdown workout can qualify as some muscle work? Say....if I were to skip a day of weight training and do that - do you think it would benefit me with strength as well as flexibility? I'm wondering if I should do something like that tomorrow instead of weight lifting cuz of my spasms.

Onto an unrealted topic - anti-aging! I just rec'd my other cream and serum that I ordered to help alleviate the fine lines that are starting to form around my eyes. I ordered Obagi C-Serum and Jan Marini Age Intervention. So far, I like them.....but I'll keep everyone posted on the long-term effects!

Last edited:
Morning Ladies
Yesterday, I wanted something sort of low impact so I did kickboxing (not sure the logic in that decision but at least it wasn't HIIT). I did the 1st section of Kickback, 2 segments/intervals of In The Ring, 5 day fit mix Cardio Kickbox, and 1 segment from Reach Further. Workout time was 55 min and I burned 490 calories. Sorry I didn't get back around for personals yesterday.

Lori-sorry to hear about your loss. It is so sad to hear of death, especially in someone so young.

Linda-glad the shoulder isn't too bad, what do you think of the P90x+? I have considered just that add on set.

Debbie-don't let kb's scare you, they are freakin' awesome. Totally maniac approved :D

Lora-nice work this morning. Is that a new workout?

DS-I am almost sold on turbo fire, do you think it would be a good series (I know that is tough to answer w/ only doing one workout).

Hermia-did you microwave the corn tortillas? That makes them a bit more pliable, but yes they are a pain.

Hello to everyone else, I'm sorry if I missed anyone. I'll be back later.

Theresa - yes, it's sort of new. Had it for a few weeks, but it's the first time I've done it. I like the Fit TV workouts. There is one that is especially good that is called Rock Hard Body by Jake with Marco Reed as the instructor. It's the best workout I have for torching calories with strength work. It has lots of plyo's in it also. It's available on Exercise TV's website if you want to view a clip or purchase. I also like Chris Freytag's workouts. They are no nonsense and always leave me a bit sore. I didn't think I'd get thru the leg portion of hers this AM. Hate working my legs and they were a burnin!

Today was my rest day. I'm enjoying my active recovery week, even though I'm not making it too active. I haven't had a break for over 12 weeks, so this rest is welcomed.

Theresa - What is Kickback? Sounds cool.

From yesterday:

Linda - You have P90X+? How is it compared to the original? I heard it wasn't as good as his original P90X workouts. Glad your shoulder held out ok, it sucks to have to worry about that all the time.

Lori - I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbor. That is such a sad story. You see that all too much anymore. People who are just so heavy that they never leave their house. I don't understand it. There is help out there, you just need to want it.

Good Morning ~

Plugging along. Just looked at my Workout Manager - think I'll do Kick Max Today (and finish Gym Style). Whenever I don't get a scheduled workout in, rather than delete it, I'll bump it forward and try to catch up later. This month, there's a traffic jam of postponed stuff (mostly yoga :eek:) for the last day of June. How likely is it I'll do 3 yoga workouts, the original Bodymax, High Step Challenge and kb practice tomorrow :confused: Yah ...

Theresa - Thanks. My heart has ... a stomach ache for her mom, mostly. It's been hard for them.

I gravitate towards kickbox for lower impact days too (w/ Kick Max blast as a noted exception :eek:) - You're right though - it isn't always. Maybe it's more ... sporadic impact? Also - tried to comment on your workout the other day but lost that post - the one with the Farmer's Walks. I saw something incorporating those (maybe on T Nation?) but that workout was much more ... pedestrian :p than the mix you came up with - goodness. That was really something. I want a TRX. Did you dream that workout up yourself? Nice one, in any case.

Lora - I'll have to revisit Exercise TV. I think I've been to that site but didn't spend a lot of time there. You've (once again) made me curious about a (your) workout. Please do keep us posted on the new creams. Don't like those little lines. No one told them they could be there :mad: There are so many products on the market, I never know what to get though.

Debbie - Glad you had a blast working out yesterday :D That's how it should be. Also good to hear your mom's doing well enough to come home soon.

Diane Sue - I think you inspired my workout today (reminded me of the Kick Max blast when you did it last week? I think?) Thanks :D

Linda - No one would ever guess you're scheduled for surgery this fall. You're still going at it so hard. Glad your shoulder's not hurting too bad.

Cheryl - Hope you're doing good and not too crazy busy :)

Hermia - Thank you. It was a very sad thing. She was a really lovely spirit - had some issues/struggles she couldn't get on top of, though. Some family came down to be with her mom, which is good. Appreciate your condolence.

Am I forgetting anyone? Forgive me if I am (very groggy).

bbl

Lori

Debbie-Kickback is a new workout from Traci Long's FOCUS series. There are 4 workouts that are about 30 min each (broken down into 3-10 min segments). Kickback uses weights and slower, controlled punches and kicks. They are a great add on to other workouts or for days when you want to work out w/o killing yourself. I'm glad you are enjoying your rest day, you deserve it :D

Lori-the workout I got was inspired from one posted on Video Fitness. The other one had stuff w/ a giant tire, so I had to adjust it some. Plus, I liked the overall aspect but wanted to tweek it just a tad. Have a great workout today :)

Theresa- I like P90X+ more than some of the original. Your workouts look like DianeSue's now.

Debbie - P90X+ is only 5 dvd's not 13 like the first. I have only done two so far and really like them. I think they would be a great addition to the P90X rotation to mix things up more.

Lori - Sorry you had such a tough day yesterday. And you would know I was scheduled for surgery if you saw the "amount" of weight I was using.:p

Today was HiiT 30/30

Theresa - Ah yes. I've seen "giant tire" workouts -with and without the giant mallet :confused: That would just be a little bit too much for my neighbors I think :p (Main reason I don't contemplate the ropes gone wild too much - I'd have to do them outside - at 2 in the morning - to avoid horrified spectator's calling the authorities).

Linda - Even so, I bet most people would be sitting around babying their shoulder and whimpering. Really. I would like to think I wouldn't be one of them but ... :confused: I just thing you're pretty amazing :) . 30/30 is a good one - maybe I'll throw it into my "leftover's for June" workout tomorrow :p

Thanks Debbie - It really is hard to understand - seems like tragedy usually is. Enjoy your rest day :D

I finished my workout and this time used my Polar F6 to see how different my calorie burn would be compared to the FT60. So I did I Max Extreme since I did that one recently. Workout was 75 minutes and I burned 617 calories Max HR wa 169. With the FT60 I burned 567 calories max hr 171
icon_surprised.gif
Hmm. I finished with Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown level 1 29 minutes 119 calories burned. Again higher than the other HR monitor. I was going over the settings and I think I need to check my VO2Max again. Also my weight was 1lb higher on the F6. Not sure how much difference that makes. HR Max is the same. Anyway total calories burned was 736 and workout was 1 hr 44 minutes . I have to give Mudd a bath to wash the other dog allergens off of her and clean her bedding. Also need to go to the store and pick up some fruits and veggies.

Lora, after doing Yoga Meltdown to day I am sure it would be great for both flexibility and some muscle work.

Theresa, I think from that workout yesterday that it would probably be a good investment. Not sure if I would buy the whole set though. I think maybe after I get the Advanced and if I hear really good things about the rest I might buy more. I am afraid the workouts will start to seem repetitive. Most Turbo Jams are pretty similar. I like them though. Same with Insanity. I think I should have stuck with the bonus set because (and this is not like me) I have not finished by doing all of the Max workouts. They seem pretty much similar in moves and music. I got bored with it. Plus all of that impact. I guess I am sort of rambling my thoughts here. Like I said, I may change my mind. To me it gets like I find something I love so I buy a whole lot of it and then it sits there. If that makes since.

Linda and Debbie, I like P90X+. It is different from the original series. I have seen some nice sounding rotations on Beach Body incorporating it with other workouts.

Lori, Kickmax drills are tough. I forgot how tough till I did them. GLad that I inspired you. I think I incorporated those blasts twice in a week doing the Hardcores. At least I was sort of ready for what was coming the second time:D

DianeSue - Thanks I'll have to check those rotations out.

Lori - You have to realize that I have my final weigh tomorrow for the Biggest Loser Challenge at work, so that's motivating me to keep going. Maybe I'll just collapse on Thursday:p:p:p. Nah, still have another 5# to go....

Lora - Nice workout today! I've heard about that Obagi stuff. Yes, keep us posted on it.

Theresa - I've never done a Traci Long workout. Sounds like a fun one, though. Maybe I'll check it out.

Diane Sue - Glad you found this thread. I seen you posted this morning too. Nice workout! Also, I was thinking your HR monitor wasn't giving you an accurate calorie burn. It seemed like you were burning hardly anything for the workouts you were doing. The Sportline I have right now has been the HR monitor that has given me highest calorie burns and I don't know why. I guess thats why I like it so much. You gotta wonder just how accurate they really are, though.

Linda - I agree with Lori, you are truly amazing! You just keep at it even though we all know you are in pain. You are a true maniac! :) Oh and CONGRATS on your 10# loss! I cannot believe how good you are doing. Last time I checked your ticker it showed 6#. I didn't realize it jumped up to 10# until today! Great job!

Thanks, Debbie! I am actually feeling more like myself these days. It has been a great lesson though both in never getting that far out again and the struggle others go through to lose weight. It's been a long time since I had to lose that much.

I just wanted to stop in and say "hi" to everyone. Unfortunately for me this week will be absoluately crazy since I have 5 days off coming up at the end of this week into next week.

I wish I had time for personals, but I have about a million patients a day until Thursday - my last day until vacation.

I will try to check in tomorrow if possible, but if not I will 'see' you all next week on Tues or Wed.

Monday I did Muscle Endurance and KPC today. I didn't do any "formal" exercise at camp last weekend, but did get in a ton of walking and hiking as well as a little swimming.

Have a good day.

Cheryl :)

Theresa - Just to let you know, I put in a request to join the Facebook check-in ...

Lora - :eek: I must have forgotten your last name (I know you told me). I was going to ask you to be my friend but ... :confused: could you refresh my ailing memory?

Diane Sue - I think you're right. When a tough workout takes you by surprise (like the first time you do it or if you haven't done it in awhile), for me it seems harder. If you kind of know you're about to get your heiney kicked :eek: and can brace yourself and go with it, it's not so bad :)

Kick Max done. I switched the order of the workout and did the Blast right after the warm-up - then the combo's and leg conditioning drills. Also finished back and shoulders from Gym style (added in a few extra sets) - got interrupted by a pretty important phone call. Will have to finish up tonight (biceps) - also plan to get some kb practice in.

Hope you all are doing well.

Lori

Cheryl, it sounds like you have plenty activity. I am glad that you were able to do a quick check in.

Lori, I believe that there is a premix on Kickmax (bootcamp??) that does the w/up the blasts then does the lower impact stuff but I think it skips a lower segment, but it has been along time since I have done it. That is exactly what I mean. I am braced for it an know it is going to be tough but it is only x amount of time and I can do it:)

Hermia, I hope you get some rest. With the upcoming wedding, work, life in general and family stuff I bet you are having a hard time keeping up with it all.

Lori - sorry about your friend. I just read that. That's sad. Name is Lora Cooper. You'll recognize my pic. Exercise TV has some good workouts. I have a bunch of downloads, but it's hard to use them, as my computer is in the family room and I work out in the dining/living room where all of my equipment is.

This is me after a bad day at Dillards (or on the streets in West Side Story!! LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wcTrmW9OLE&feature=related

Lora - :eek: (on the Youtube clip). No wonder you're having spasms - I'll bet that tree is too :p I will go try to find/friend you. I did talk to my friend's mom. A lot of family member's are there with her. I was glad for that.

Diane Sue - I wondered if the Bootcamp premix might have been what I wanted - didn't want to take the time and check this morning though. I enjoyed today (no doubt your reminder/warning helped me 'brace' myself, like you said :) ) and will likely pull that one out again soon. Nice mix of intensity and ... stuff. Also, I'd been wondering about your heart rate monitor too. I say for how hard you workout, if you have a little device (regardless of how fancy it is) that tells you otherwise, it does not know what it is talking about :p - Maybe it just can't keep up with you ;)

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.