Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues June 12

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Off to do cardio and maybe some yoga and or pilates. I've got a horrid headache for the 2nd day in a row. The weather just changed here....so maybe that's the culprit. Be back later.

Morning ladies. I got up early to w/o and i don't feel like it..
Guess i will do it tonite.
It is weights today. Power hour and 1 hr on the recumberant bike..
Legs are tired so i will sit this one..

Suz, missed you. I PM'd ya...
Dallys, i am still fat as far as i am concerned, but i am working on it. All i can do..
Char, 30 miles...Wow.. MY but is numb for ya...

Dallys, if you bike up here it is straight up hill, like a 15 incline. Takes me 45 from bottom to top..
I live at the bottom of the community..

Deb, not domestic.. I make most of my curtains and have done a couple quilts. Takes me like a year to do one. Yes, i hand stitch them.I have made my lamps and glass cabinet doors and i crochet..
Just don't have time to do it. Oh, i hate to clean . That is what i have a DH for. LOL..

Take care ladies...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

My arms are still sore..bicep area and shoulders. Legs are not sore at all. Not sure what I am gonna do today yet. Will be busy today.

Charlotte~~

Good morning, today I plan on doing some cardio, then Barry's Bootcamp legs and some yoga/stretching. I woke at 3 am with a massive migraine. I got up and took Imitrex. Yesterday I was headache free so thought I was finally past this. My shoulders & neck are sore from the Barrys yesterday so I am wondering if that has something to do with getting the headache started. As usual I have lots to do. I would love to stay home and clean and relax sometime:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning was Day 3 doing Angular exercises. I REALLY enjoyed this workout. Took about an hour and 10 minutes but the time flew.

High reps with this one, got a great burn with each exercise. Did 1 minute rest between each set and exercises in each muscle group. Took 2 minutes rest between muscle groups.

Chest
Incline Flyes: 30's - 3 sets/12 reps
Decline Flyes: 25's - 3 sets/15 reps
Pushups: 20/17/15

Legs
Leg Extensions: 50# - 1 set/20 reps; 55# - 3 sets/20 reps
Hamstring Curls: 40# - 20-20-15-16 reps

Shoulders
Lateral Raises: 15's - 3 sets/12 reps
Barbell Front Raises: 20# - 2 sets/15 reps (my bar looked funny with such low weights on it! LOL!)
Bent Over Lateral Raises: 12's - 2 sets/20 reps
***Shoulders were on FIRE!

Triceps
Double Arm Kickbacks: 12's - 3 sets/12 reps
Overhead DB Extensions: 25# - 3 sets/15 reps

Feel awesome right now. A little shakey but great nonetheless.

Anne - I can relate. I use to crochet and cross stitch but haven't done that in ages. I'd rather workout. :)

Hope you all have great workouts!

I ended up doing Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix followed by Xflowsion's Calm Down Dog. Cardio workout was 70" (had to cool down for an extra 5 min.) and I burned 535 calories (that's more than I burn with a Cathe's Imax). This is the first time I've ever done Step Mix all the way thru. Usually when I was working, I only had time for 45-50 minutes of it. I was surprised to see my HR at 160 at the end of the last combo ..which wasn't even an interval. I think her step portions keep my HR higher than Cathe's in Imax....even though I can't pick up the coreography totally...I can still get a great workout by either being on the wrong side or doing my own verison of the step. I enjoyed this today.

I'm also feeling sore in all different places (mildly) from that Tracey Sculpt Sweatfest yesterday. Must really be different than traditional Cathe weights. I'm happy about that also. I'm growing to like Tracey more and more!

Diane Sue - have you done any of the non-treadmill cardio on the Barry's yet and if so, are you using the amount of risers they use? Does the Grr help lessen the headaches at all? I know sometimes it helps mine, but it didn't yesterday, nor did the Zomig I took. Headaches are such a pain of life!! Why must we suffer so? Let me know how you like doing 2 body parts per day on Barry's. Also, how long does that take? and you're doing double cardio's too??

Have great workouts ladies. I'm running errands today and grocery shopping for Mom. I'll be back later.

Good Morning,

Workout last night, I walked an hour and 30 minutes, decided that was the best thing to do after eating 10 plus chocolate chip cookies and McDonald’s ice-cream cone for lunch chicken Ranch Wrap, then on the way home brought another ice cream cone, and a Mcchicken sandwhich. Happily proud to say scale only was up 1 lb. I think it was the walk, I don't know what was going on with me yesterday arghhhh...

Tonight workout, GS legs & walk

Teddygirl~

Hey Maniacs! Just got back from an 1 hr. walk with Carma. Says I traveled 4 1/2 miles. Todays workout will hopefully be a Bike ride later.

Sorry for all those with headaches today.:(

Char- enjoy your workout, whatever you decide.

Debbie- 30's for flys! You are a Maniac! Great workout.:)

Teddy- Today is another day. Start fresh and 'step away' from the cookies. lol. Are you walking alot too? I'm trying to add it in as extra activity. Better than the couch.

Gotta run...work calls...

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Mornin Maniacs,

Today is scheduled a full body workout. I'll be using Marcy today.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

My workout is cleaning today. I think my body needs a day to regroup. Dh is putting the pressure on me about the job. It is still gonna have to be evening though. Too much stuff going on now with his dad ill..who will drive him to chemo treatments? ME! It is always ME! I don't mind, but damn, I feel like I am stretched too thin sometimes. So I can't find a job to save my life. Maybe if I speak in pig latin and throw mud on my face? I dunno. The job at the grocery store was filled by a young teenage boy who looked like a punk to me. So maybe I need to drag out my gothic clothes for the next interview? :p :+

Good morning (or afternoon) maniacs!

Well, DH was going to ride with me today but it's raining. Darn! He's bringing his bike home from the PD. I'm going to go work out in the basement. Haven't decided just what yet. I need cardio but I also need weights since it's been since last week.

I am so excited b/c I weighed myself this morning (and I was terrified to do so b/c I'd been on vacation and although I tried to make good choices I did have a few meals that were not the best) and I have not gained one single pound. And I've been eating more real food as compared to how I ate to lose the weight over the past 10 weeks. I was afraid to start introducing more calories but I knew I needed to b/c I could tell on the bike that I was running out of fuel on my rides and I knew that was b/c I wasn't giving my body enough nourishment. But at the same time I was afraid to eat too much b/c I didn't want to gain weight. So it is good to know that I can eat real food (smaller portions than in the past) even though I haven't been putting in the miles on my bike this past week and still not gain the weight back. I kept working out as I mentioned yesterday, but not the hour and a half rides I was doing. Whew!!!

Storm - thanks for the PM. Very helpful for "my friend". :p I PM'd you back. After losing that weight my chest seems much smaller than it's ever been. What's up with that??? Just something I'm kicking around.

Well, better go figure out a workout. I'm buried among loads of laundry. Just trying to get it all done. I go back to work on Thursday. DH doesn't go back until Monday. Lucky guy! If I didn't have that kids' camp starting Monday I would have taken the whole week off too. Too much to do.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I decided to ask this question to you guys as well, hope you can understand it. I have to type so very fast here at work, boss is alway lurking:) x( x(

My fitness goals are simply to lean and tone my body, simple huh? for reasons, I just can not find a or the balance to achieve it, and its bugging me out. Like I mentioned before, I'm pear shaped small top large bottom, argh… mainly large flabby thighs ooh we do I hate that. Lately, my diet has mainly been vegetables, fruits and occasionally buying meatless meats, have practically stopped eating meat, not that I’m trying to become a vegan or vegetarian, honestly I know nothing about either.

But, since cutting back on meats and working out the way I do, lately, when I do, lolx( I'm losing weight, which is fine, but I all I seem to be doing is getting thin and looking skinney, my body frame is not meant for me to be either, don’t look good, and buying size 4 not happy with that, at all.

What I’d really like to do is gain more muscles and lean my thighs, but I seem to be taking the wrong approach, in diet and possibly workout. I'm happy wearing a size 6 and even 7/8. When wearing either sizes, breast fuller:) face fuller:) butt fuller:) How, should I approach this thing since cutting back on meat intake, eat more of what?

What should a girl do? Suggestions are welcome.

Teddygirl~

Diane Sue - can you do me a huge favor and try to do lat pulldowns with your silver tubing and see how hard it feels? My Black BB band is equal to 50 pounds while you can hardly pull it just pulling it with your hand, if you do lat rows with it, it's not so challenging that you can't do them. I'm trying to figure out if the Silver one from FWOnline might be a heavier resistance. I want to purchase it if lat rows and pulldowns are hard on it. Sorry to be a bother. I tried calling them, but they are closed and I doubt they'd know anyway.

Teddygirl - I'll be interested to see the responses you get. I'm a vegetarian cuz I hate meat....also small on top where I want to build muscle and I also want to lean my thighs and lower abs a bit. It seems whenever I lose weight, I'm just a smaller version of my same exact shape. Too bad we can't move it around a bit and rearrange it!! LOL.

Dallys - wow, those ab slings are expensive. I guess those will have to go on my Xmas list. Let me know how you like them.

Today was a very well unplanned day:) I did my workout and then fed grandchildren. We ran a couple of errands and came home. I bought a craft but found I had to figure it out before they could start on it so they watched Spy Kids back in action. DIL came in the middle of the movie and stayed till almost six and was on my computer most of the time. I really am glad that she feels free to come and hang. Just felt that I was not accomplishing anything at home. My plans were for a libray ice cream day with the grandchildren and I have my grandson coming to spend the night Thursday night so his parents can get out alone. My DD's husband came home from Afganistan on Sunday and she started teaching summer school on Monday. She does not have to work on Friday so this gives them time alone. I will get it all workied out and everything will be great.
Today's workout was Barry's Bootcamp legs treadmill workout(pretty much stayed in the joggers mph. I got up to 8 mph a couple of times. I then tried the cardio only but when it hit the mountain climbers (I did finish them my heel was hurting and stopped) I went on and did Low Max blasts, finished with Barry's legs and Stretch Max #2 with the ball.

Lora, I have only done parts of a couple of the Barrys cardios. I did keep it at 10" step but it does feel excessive once they speed it up on that tall step.

Suz, so glad you were able to take a vacation and still enjoy yourself. I have found that too. When I am at home I tend to go back for larger portions, but when out that does not happen. I worked so hard to stay with clean eating when I went to dh reunion that I actually lost weight when we came home. I bet you are enjoying your dh being home.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.