Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Jan 22

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did P90 X+ - Interval X. I used my rebounder for parts of it and tried to work harder on the beginning intervals to jack my HR up higher .. ..and I was able to get my HR up to 156 a couple of times....but this workout, as is, does not get my HR up very high. I can't believe the people in the video get such high readings. How high does your HR spike in these P90X+ cardios? Workout was 53" and I burned 486 calories.

I haven't been able to sleep the last couple of nights.....I'm PMSing and these darn hormones interfere with my sleep patterns. I even did PM yoga with Barbara Benagh the last couple nights. Last night, I did "A Good Night's Sleep" premix which was mostly restorative postures and I fell asleep in "legs up the wall" pose....but then when it was bedtime...couldn't sleep.

Diane Sue - are you saying you watch your form during the Pullups? and if so, exactly how do you watch your form during pullups? thanks in advance.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!

Today is P90X Upperbody Plus/Abs/Core Plus.

Lora,

You can't get your heart rate high on the Interval??? Mine spikes up there. I know it does even though I can only use the hrm off my elliptical, but I know mine gets to 170 at times. That workout is hard for me. You still burned alot of cals. I don't know how one watches their forms with pullups. I just start from bottom and pullup to top, but never let my feet touch the floor, as if I am stopping and then starting again. I keep going. My back is straight. I am not getting as much of the neck issues I use to get when I first starting doing pullups. Weird.

I was supposed to take my granddaughters to school this morning but I guess because it is icey their Dad took them. I started my workout this morning with Interval X+ and then did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Remix skipping the w/up. I have to go back and do abs/core+ and want to do some yoga/stretch.

Lora, what I do is try to keep my body straight, not swing around and to feel it more in my lats and back, not tightening through the neck. I get more neck tension on the wide grips so am doing pulldowns with the Bowflex for those.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi Maniacs,

Boy it looks like a ghost town around here these days. Where is everybody? I guess it goes in cycles?

Anyway, I am feeling pretty good so I decided to workout this morning. Felt great to get back to it after five days off! I started a new rotation. In Fact it's the one Debbie just finished. I think it will be fun, but tough! Today was straight sets w/ three set of five. I did a couple extra reps on some sets because I think I should have gone a little heavier. I was surprised at what I was able to do!

Chest
Flat Barbell Press
5 -95#
5/5 - 90#

Back
Double Arm Rows
5/5/7 - 35's

Quads
Squats
5/5/7 - 100#

Hamstrings
SLDL's
5/5/7 - 100#

Biceps
Hammer Curls
5/5/5 - 25#

Triceps
Lying Barbell Extensions
5/5/5 - 50

Forearms
Wrist Rollups
10 - 5#

Then I did abs from Body Max 2.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Linda

Yea, where is everyone? I'm MIA because I'm off this week.

Linda - Nice job, girl! I hope you like this rotation as much as I do. I need to send you the last two weeks again, I changed it up a bit and it worked much better then what I was planning on doing.

Hello Maniacs!!

Late checking in...had a dentist appt. this morning.

So far today, I ran 3.5 miles and did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt - Cardio only premix and taught an afternoon weights class. I also have a cardio class to teach this evening.

Hope everyone had/has great workouts!!

http://1ww.us/1/Marietta.gif[/img]
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Hey Maniacs!

Today was Upper+ and Abs Core+. My lats are really feeling it more this week compared to last. Maybe that means that they are taking over more during assisted pull ups/chin ups???:)

Catching up on bookkeeping today which is NO fun but necessaryx(

Great workouts everyone!

Coni

Debbie - I think I am really going to like this rotation. Even if I have to do Bulgarian split squats the next workout! Boy, I hate those things! Thanks so much for the rotation! Look forward to seeing the changes!

Linda

Toasty - I had to have a root canal...Woo-Hoo!! I feel pretty good though. It doesn't even hurt now.

I have Kelly Coffey's Step Kickboxing...If she has two, I have the latest one. I like it a lot. Haven't done it in a while though...

Marietta,

Yeah, they don't hurt to get them done. I have to have another one here soon. Sorry you had to suffer before. I didn't know. Glad it is over for ya. I keep getting headaches. Had one a few days ago. I am gonna go lay down. My workout was not as good today. Tomorrow I am kicking. I hope I have more fire.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.