Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Jan 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did 50 minutes of Turbo Jam. Did Fat Blaster stopping at cool-down and then did Kick, Punch & Jam (minus the warm-up and toning segment). I burned 330 calories. I need to start getting my butt out of bed earlier! Haven't been able to get back in the swing of working and miss the days when I was home and could work out longer!!

I'm starting to get depressed....too much job stress, etc. Also, I wish people at work would quit telling me that Jay is grumpy and he yells a lot. Even, my other boss, Ed, was warning me how Jay can be. I hate when people tell me that kind of stuff cuz it makes me really nervous. I'm already nervous enough around Jay. Also, it happened again yesterday when I needed a secretary to show me how to do something on the computer that they do with legal documents, blacklining/redlining and when she came to help me, she said she wasn't sure how to do it. It seems no one else has to do the stuff I do??? WTF???? Done venting now........sorry for the rant.

I'm still not feeling very well. I had a bit of difficulty with maintaining my intensity during cardio. I also haven't been getting enough sleep. Haven't been getting to bed until 10 or 10:30.

Have great workouts.

Diane Sue - Have you ever done TJ Kick Punch and Jam all the way to the end? What's the toning segment for? Abs or Legs? also, what's that Capoiera cool down like?

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Cat Woman day...Plyo's, baby!!!! I didn't get in Ab Ripper last night so I got to do this morning. Off track now. My weight is up a few pounds because I cannot stop eating. What is my problem????? So I wake up this morning and my lats are sore from pushups??? Not chest. Weird. Shoulders and tri's sore as well.

DH prefers my hair straight, but said it still looked nice. Went to look at homes yesterday. Again, no luck. Like the house we already picked out, but afraid someone will snatch it so we need to find another one in case. Looked at 1925 home...3 stories. Very quaint and well maintained until we seen the roof...too bad. Another home was nice, but in the woods...no sunshine... and decor extremely modern, but they did have Kiss playing on the radio downstairs!!! lol. Another home was bug infested. Log home and you can see where the termites ate thru the wood inside. First one we looked at looked very nice from outside..inside it just stunk and foundation and roof had issues. Oh, well.

Lora,

Hope you feel better soon. Form your own opinions and don't let others form them for you. Relax and just be yourself.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning, today is cardio, abs and stretch/yoga. I am not sure what I am going to do today for cardio. I didn't get a lot of sleep so am not that motivated yet. I will get there though:) I had the my grandaughters stay the night so that their parents did not have to bring them over this morning on these icy roads. School is closed today. I am sure I will have two more later this morning.

Lora, I have done the toning segment on the end of TJ Punch Kick & Jam only a few times. Every time I do it I think it is so short and they try to hit upper and lower. It seems like a waste of time unless you are tacking it onto a total body workout or something like the 3T one. I do usually do the Capoiera stuff though. Wearing my gloves I feel like it works the abs some and I am still moving. I do that workout a lot though I just omit the tubing stuff.
I hope you get to feeling better and have a decent day at work.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I forgot to say that Wed, Thurs, and Fri will be P90X. I have a physical scheduled for tomorrow but think I am going to change it to another day so I don't have to drive in the ice.

Dallys, I will be looking for that little mystery guy in the P0X workouts:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue,

I am 100% sure you will get thru anything you want to do...it is never a problem for you!!!;-) }( We are still experiencing warm temps, but looks like today a cold front is passing thru and it will be alittle cold, but not like what you all are having. I wonder if we will have a winter?

Have fun with your grandchildren. I hope you don't wear them out too much. lol

Charlotte~~

Morning maniacs.
So far so good. No pain in the hip area at all. How strange is that? I am supposed to meet my friend this mornign for a walk. But, I will have my niece today, so this should be fun. Kinda windy out. Hopefully I can start that rotation today.

Lora- I agree, form your own opinions. Maybe Jay doesn't like them and he will love you!:p Hope you feel better.

Char- enjoy that plyo WO crazy lady! Sorry no luck on the houses.

DS- I really thought we would have more ice today, but just not cold enough. THe temp will drop today and tomorrow it will be about 10! I hope it won't be icy in the morning. I have to drive to Albany for breathing tests.

Have a great day maniacs.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Morning ladies...
Wanted to say hello.

Hi Lora, job going better...

Diane Sue, i can remember 1 really bad ice storm here.It took me 3 hrs to go 14 miles home. Creeping. I feel for you.

Char, hair looks nice. You look sexy...

Meag, glad you are feeling better. Yo poor girl. Too young for the health problems.

Dallys, Suz. Less than 24 hrs. I am scared to death....

Ok, question. How much strength, muscle am i going to loose in 6-8 weeks.He doesn't want me doing cardio for a fricken month. Said the raised heart rate causes CC.No weights for 2 months. I am figuring i can do like most of B&G and leaner legs floor work w/ out legs and just walk on the treadmill for an hour or 2.
It is a bummer.. I have been building for 2.5 years and don't want to loose it all.

Suz, how is the head? I would go cap ways for color. Less chance of hitting your scalp. (YOU COULD DO IT YOURSELF) You are not doing foiling alone and if someone is bad at them they can bleed and hit your scalp.
One other little option. Biosilk color. I have a stylist friend whose mom is allergic to color, but not this. It is ammonia free. I have used it. I don't love the stuff...But it is worth lookin into.
If you can't find someone to get it for ya, e-mail me. You need a licence for this one.Patch test behind the ears in your case...

Randi, and who else am i missing... Hello, out there...

Deb, we did not get snow...
Only rain..

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Well, this morning I tried Butts & Guts. Pretty good leg burner workout. I used 10# dumbbells and a 55# barbell for the squats. Cathe never says what the weight of her barbell is. Low back feels ok but I can tell I did some things it didn't like. I did the deadlifts (both sets) elevated and only used the 10# dumbbells. The glute raises at the end were a killer. I loved the firewalkers. The lower body part of this workout is just at an hour, I didn't do the ab work.

I can tell this won't be my favorite lower body workout, but its a keeper. I wore my HR monitor but stupid me reset it and I have no clue what my figures were. I seen the calorie burn was 263 but I have no idea how long I was in my zone.

No time for personals, I'm running late. We got snow!!!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Anne- I will be thinking of you!! Make sure you get back to us as soon as you can so we know you are well. We will miss you for a few days. Good luck. I don't think you will lose too much, but I am confident then when you do start back up, you will get to your current level quite quickly and you will be stronger. I am sure of it. Enjoy your day today.

Deb- take it easy with your back. Can I have some of your snow?? I am about sick of this rain. I need sunshine. I think I havve forgot what it looks like.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Morning Maniacs! Today will be upperbody. I plan on doing BM2 double upper. I have bought so much stuff off of ebay lately! I have like 5 things coming this week. All biking stuff. I'm like obsessed! I already bought 4 pair of shorts from last week! DH is giving me the you'vefreakinlostyourmind look. :)

Lora- form your own opinion, like the others have said. He could end up being not that bad at all. I love the copoiera part in that workout. The music is really cool.

Catwomen- Enjoy Plyo today! Sucks about the house hunting. You'll find something.

Diane Sue- Be careful with all that ice. You were smart to have the kids stay over. You'll go nuts looking for mystery guy.:D

Meg- So glad you are feeling better this morning. Take'er easy today.

Anne- You are sooooo close to getting this all over with! Don't worry about the muscle loss. Sure you'll lose some, but you will get it back very quickly. I did after knee surgery. Most important thing is to let yourself heal. Don't do to much too soon or you'll just sabotage yourself. Keep us posted and don't abondon us cuz you're not working out.:p

Debbie- I feel the same as you about Gutts and Buts. It ok, but not a favorite of mine. For some reason I'm thinking her barbell is 30-35lbs. I'm going to have to try the premixes. I can't remember which one it is, but I've heard that one is tougher than the original.

Hi to Missy and Suz(Grace)and Randi and everyone else out there!

Gotta go eat some oatmeal...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Meg - Forgot to mention that yesterday when I woke up, I couldn't walk cuz I had some odd pain in my right hip. I sleep on my right side, so I thought maybe I had slept on it funny and that's what it must have been, cuz it took about an hour or so for me to be able to walk and another few hours to be back to normal. Is it possible that's what you did? Hope you feel better.

My boss is sitting in his office right across from me, but my computer has it's back to him....so I'm sneaking!! I'm so very nervous around him and afraid of him. He's very finnicky about stuff. He has gotten a little uppity with me over a few things that I thought were nothing. He got mad when I had the phone on speaker phone when I was holding, and the other day, my jacket was laying on my back file cabinet and he told me to put it in the closet! I wish I could get over how nervous I am around him cuz it makes me do and say stupid stuff!

Better get back to work.

Char - I ended up ordering more BPAL this morning. Got a couple more Salon Blends and threw in another Night's Pavilion (cuz I wore last years and liked it).

Mornin'!

Plyos this morning. Had fun. Didn't want to get out of bed though. It's cold in my office. I'm wearing my coat. A gal I work with took my heater on Friday afternoon after I left and left it in her office RUNNING ALL WEEKEND - THREE DAYS!!!! A) This is a fire hazard and B) I bought it with my own money and it was $30 and they don't last that long as is. She's not here but I sent her an e-mail. Made me angry to start my day that way. Now I need to do yoga. :)

Lora - I agree with Charlotte.

Charlotte - Land like a cat! Meow!

Diane Sue - Sounds like you will have a busy day again with the grandkids. :) Yay, P90X the rest of the week! I bet you amaze your doctor!

Meg - WHEW on the hip!!! Be careful on that walk though. That wind can knock you over. :)

Storm - You're almost there! How exciting! My head's doing great. I have migraines - Amber has the coloring issues. I think you have us confused. That hair spray is messing with you again. Or maybe it's your nerves. TOTALLY understandable!!! We'll be waiting to hear from you as soon as you're able to type to us. We're gonna miss you for a couple days. But we'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

Debbie, Debbie, Debbie - You KNOW better than to do deadlifts girl!!! What were you thinking??? I'm glad you finally got snow. Yay!!!

Dallys - A little eBay craziness, huh? Sounds like fun though!

Better get to work I suppose.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Lora,

My ebay auction is ending and I cannot believe how much I sold just a few imps for. I will be buying more to replace them..no doubt! Can't decide on a few more imps or one of the Heroine blends. Yeah, ebay is doing well again..picks up this month and only gets better from here.

Suz,

Yoga is not til Thursday..got it memorized now! WOO HOO! You can do it again today though. Smile.

Bionics,

I will enjoy the plyo's. If only I could breathe sometimes. My FIL laughed at me last time I did plyo's. He said I looked like I was getting stung by bees or something. LMAO! :+

Charlotte~~

Hey, just wanted to check in with everyone! Been very lightly skimming through, I hope that nobody else gets sick. I feel like I am missing out on so much here!

Char, you look like Geena Davis in your new profile pic! Absolutely beautiful! Isn't she like a big time archer now? How cool is that?

Meg, how are those boys?

Dallys, I got bit by the ebay bug last fall. It is so much fun and I got a bunch of books that I am not even close to finishing (like 30) for less than 1.50 a pop - and that included shipping! :7 I had to stop because we ran out of shelf space. ;)

Anne, it won't take you long to get back to where you are now after the surgery. Your muscles will know exactly what to do within a couple of weeks of being reminded. :)

Diane Sue, what do you have planned for the grandkids today since they don't have school? I love snow/ice days! We usually have a blast playing games! :7

Meg, I am sorry about the hip. :-( Hopefully it is nothing major.

Lora, just relax. Things only get to you if you let them. :D And I also agree with Charlotte.

Deb, sorry about the back. Maybe it was the deadlifts, they tend to get my lumbar region a bit.

Suz, yoga won't help. I am fighting mad for you. Tell me where she lives and I will go and beat her up for you. No charge. ;) Just kidding! But seriously, can you fire her, too? :p

Well, it finally snowed her! YIPPEE! The first time this year, which is very unusual for Indiana, but I am not complaining because we have had some very nice weather. :) Logan is sitting behind me rocking me and and playing with my hair. Gosh I love him. I kinda wish we had five more kids, they are just so gosh darned great. Anywhoo, I am feeling much better, no more fever and sweats or sore throat, but I am still really achy and tired. I am going to hold off a workout for another day. That's okay, though cause I get to catch up on my reading!!! :p

Hahahaha, I just figured out why Logan is being so loving with me... he is buttering me up because he wants me to put on Pink Panther for him! lol.

Missy

Good morning maniacs!!

I've been a busy bee here at work trying to get my family law practice off and running...

P90x'ers...I hate pushups!!! I still haven't tried the clap ones..but promise I will next time...which is in about 3 weeks I think. Do you believe next week is a recovery week already. I had to break out the tape measure again this morning because I still can't believe it could be true. But it's true.

Suz..I'm still chuckling about the chocolate cake...do ya think someone was trying to tell you something, or Amber knew just how to get her paws on the cake. When I am in the kitchen all 110 pounds of zeus are spread out under my feet waiting for something to fall. I love it, I just need a bigger kitchen...or a smaller dog.

Lora...I kinda think Meg is onto something here...maybe you will be THE ONE...who Jay actually can get along with? I know it's tough, but maybe soon your true personality and charm with start shining through the stress and nerves and he will think you are pretty cool, like we do. :)

Anne..TOMORROW IS THE DAY YOU GET BUMPS!!!! yes.. it's me, not suz with the coloring issues. I jotted down all your recommendations and will start fuddling through this mess. I have to say, once I got through the first day with the ammonia free stuff, it was much better. So I'm gonna try leaving out the red I add from my friend. Also...you will not lose that much in 6 weeks...trust me I've taken longer breaks than that and not lost much. it's when you lose total mobility..like breaking a leg, that you actually lose muscle mass and size. so don't worry!!

Char..you are one hot momma with curly hair. Sometimes I use the diffuser to get that long spiral look...makes my DH crazy.

Meg..your hip too!! keep meaning to tell you I have a friend with sarcoidosis..she got diagnosed in a very strange way...they found what they thought was a mass in her chest and then the biopsy came back as sarcoidosis. She does well with prednisone, but as you know..that stuff has some pretty wicked side effects. I'm amazed at how well you handle all that you have on your plate.

Dallys...ebay craziness...what did I miss...will go back and check.

Hi to everyone else I missed...gotta go.

Amber

Hey guys...did anyone check out the cheetah's t-shirt ideas...they are so cool.. I started wondering what maniacs look like in print.

Amber

Oh dallys...you and me both...the magic bullet, george foreman grill...looking for an elliptical...it can be an obsession. But...I don't shop...I really don't...I hate the mall. I hate trying clothes on...I'm really basically pretty darn frugal. DH wants to know when I will buy a new bra...it literally has holes in it. underwear...well the elastic is in strings HAHAHA So, ebay..it is.

Amber

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.