Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Feb 19

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did P90X+ Interval X. I modified parts of it on the Rebounder for the sake of my feet. I worked the last 2 intervals harder instead of easy, harder and hardest....and had a somewhat better workout. At least I finally got my HR up in the 150's and 160 which hasn't happened before with this workout. Workout was 50" and I burned 482 calories.

Toasty - Lunar Update is live. Sugar Moon sounds awesome
sugar cane, blue musk, mahogany, black orchid, black currant, violet, blackberry leaf, strawberry and dusky rose. I LUV black orchid, black currant and this sounds so good. I ordered multiples. Also this month, Mort De Cesar - balsam of peru, bitter clove, motia attar, amber musk, opoponax, cypress, red wine grapes, tagetes, spikenard and blood accord. I have no idea what half of the notes in this smell like....except for amber musk, opoponax, and spikenard and they are deep resins. I know I love 2 other scents that have Spikenard in them, Lycaon and Schwarzer Mond and I adore opoponax and amber musk.....so I ordered a few bottles of this. The tee shirt is smokin' too. I think you'd like it. It's sexy. TAke a peek. Even though this update was tiny, my wallet took a big hit cuz of how many bottles I ordered! There hasn't been a black orchid scent I haven't loved. A perfectly good example of black orchid at it's best is The Emathides and Event Horizon.

Have great workouts everyone.

Morning-

Went for a 4 mile run yesterday morning. The worst run ever. My feet felt so heavy and my shins were KILLING me. Thank goodness today's my rest day. My older son is home from school for a week due to President's Day week. (NY gives kids a lot of time off. Too much IMO) And he has almost 2 weeks off from school next month. Gotta love private schools. LOL Looks like both of them will be keeping me busy all week.

Lora- I will take a gander at the website and hopefully it'll work. I have a piece of crap dial up. I probably am the only one here with a dial up. For some reason, my block doesn;t have an high speed according to the stupid phone company. It's not like I live in the boonies.

Hope everyone had an awesome workout today. Time to get my day started and I don't wanna. ;( :p

Have a great one!

Lisa

Lisa- you are not alone.......I have dial up also! My DH won't get cable cuz he never uses the computer.

off to my crazy job........later maniacs!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Upperbody Plus and Abs-Core Plus.

Lora,

Sugar Moon sounds like da bomb! Although, I never liked Event Horizon so I think I will past on the rest. I still plan on getting The Glowing Vulva and or Loves Philosophy. Thanks for the update, my friend. Will go and check it out now.

Lisa,

Sounds like fun running so much. I wanna get on my bike soon. Won't be long now. Wind has got to let up some.

This morning I did Cardio Coach #6 with Candace. Had a pretty excellent workout. I really like the last challenge even though it's a hill climb. You do a 2 minute hill climb and then you set your incline to flat and run for the third minute. You do this 3 times. It's a killer but so fun. And I hate hill climbs so this says alot about this challenge. LOL!

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]55 minutes
45 minutes in zone
344 calories burned
3.4 miles travelled
[/font]

Have a great workout everyone!

Good Morning, I just returned from taking the girls to school. I started my workout with a few minutes of Core Force(have not done that one before) when it hit lunges I stopped because I have weights tomorrow in the works. So I did Tracey Staele's Sweatfest step section 1, then Cathe's 4day split double cardio premix. I am off to do abs and yoga/stretching in a few minutes. Didn't sleep much and had no coffee with caffeine here this morning. Had to stop and get some coffee on the way home:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Afternoon Maniacs,

Today was cardio and I did CC #4. Really love that one. My average heart rate was 156. The treadmill claims I burned about 463 calories, but I have no idea how it would know that since it knows nothing about ME! So who knows what average that is based on!

Debbie - Or anyone else. I need help. I don't understand why, since I am working hard during my weight training, I am not experiencing any DOMS all last week and today. I mean yesterday I gave the hardest challenge to my hamstrings, lifted very close to my highest weight for at least double the reps. They were on fire and quivering when I got of the bench. But today..NOTHING...doesn't even feel like I worked out yesterday! WTH? I am like your saying "If I'm not hurting, I am not happy!".

Lora - I have been a vegetarian for about nine years now. I was a vegan for a couple of years, but when my DS came along that got to be too hard to maintain. I do eat eggs (everyday) and some cheese. Do you find it hard to get your protein? I am finding that difficult especially doing it without consuming a ton of carbs right along with it.

Sandy - Great job on yesterday's workout. Nice numbers! Glad to hear things are going good! Keep it up!

Lisa & Lora - I am surprised that you guys are still dealing with dial up. I do live in the boonies and at least have DSL. No cable though. They won't bring it out here as they says there aren't enough people in the area.

Well, hope everyone is having a great day!

Linda

Linda - Nice going with CC #4. I use to despise that workout, now I love it. About your DOMS, I find that I'm not too sore doing this rotation, especially the last 4 weeks of it for some reason. I have been EXTREMELY sore since I started it over, though. I'm sure you are working to your fullest potential so don't be discouraged because you aren't getting sore. I know that I still see positive changes even when I'm not hurtin'. :)

Sandy - Yes, this is a good rotation to start with. And yes, it is for bulking but women can't "bulk" like men do so no worries. You see the amounts I can lift and I in no way look bulky. At least I hope I don't! You had an excellent workout yesterday! Nice job!

Diane Sue - I thought you had Tosca's cookbook? What do you have if you don't have the cookbook?

Debbie - Thank you! That's what really confused me, that when I started this rotation I could barely move the next day or at least hated moving, then all of a sudden nothing. Makes me feel better you experienced the same thing, couldn't believe I wasn't working hard enough and certainly couldn't figure out a way to work any harder! I am pushing myself and lifting my heaviest weights ever and setting PBs all over the place.

Linda

I finished up my workout and am just getting ready to go do errands. I finished off my workout with a few more minutes of the Core Force workout lowering the weights just to get a warm up, then I did 4Day Split abs from LIS adding extra weight and wearing the 40# vest for the planks, then I did Butts and Guts abs with extra weight, finished with Cathe's Basic Stretch.

Debbie, I have Tosca's Eat Clean Diet book which only has a few recipes in it. Most of them have been in the magazines. I make a lot of recipes out of the Oxygen clean eating magazine. I really just need to subscribe to that one. I looked at the cookbook at Barnes and Noble. I need to go ahead and purchase it because I know I would use some of it. I adjust the recipes that I use a lot to lower the carb count and up the protein in them whenever possible.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - Dang I wonder if that's what I ordered. I didn't know there were two different books. The one I got was $19.99 I think.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Chestnut stew; 1 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. power pb
M5: Mango Talapia; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Chocolate Pancakes

[font color=blue]1901 calories
62 g. fat - 30%
168 g. protein - 35%
164 g. carbs - 35%
[/font]

We do have cable but I won't change my Direct Tv to cable. Direct Tv doesn't offer high speed but the cable does. The problem is the cable is stingy with their channels. Direct Tv has better channels. What is better for us is Verizon FIOS but for some reason, my block doesn't have it which pissed me off. Here's a kicker, we'll be moving down to Lewisburg, PA in a year or so in the BOONIES and they offer high speed! My MIL lives in a new town they just set up 2 yrs ago and she has high speed. The town is not even on the map or mapquest. Long Island can be one real stupid island at times.

Char- It's fun to run most of the time. LOL I'd love to go bike riding but I haven't had a bike since I was 18. Hopefully when we move to PA, I'd get one. The area I'd be living in is very hilly which should make the run much more fun but not sure if I'd like biking. :p

Debbie- I've been meaning to ask you, how do you make your garlic chicken? It always sounds so good but I always forget to ask. Do you buy the tilapia premade or you make it yourself?

Anyway, have a great evening, Buffs. Take care! :)

Lisa

This afternoon I did 4DS kickbox and the abs portion. I'm pooped! It was a good workout! Got off work early today so I was able to get my w/o in early and will get to eat early!

Debbie - Thanks I will continue to follow this rotation then. I don't think you look bulky at all, I think you look great! You have great muscle and the definition is great too. Your work shows how hard you work it!

Linda - Thanks, I'm trying to hang in there, it makes me feel so strong and I love it!

Char - Glad you found something to sub for the chocolate! Let me know if it works. What does it taste like?

I worked out this afternoon without a big t-shirt to cover up my fat. I wore my sports bra and w/o pants, this was hard for me to look at while I was excersising, but it did help me work harder! I'm not disgustingly overweight in my middle, but that is my trouble area! It's got to go!

Hope you all have a great night!

Okay ....need to vent about work and my diet and how horribly I get picked on.

I eat a salad and yogurt every day at lunch and I've had sooooooooooo many comments made to me about not eating "real food", etc......and why do you eat salad every day, etc?

Today, a drug rep brought lunch and my office manager told me yesterday that they were bringing it and not to bring my salad. I didn't listen to her and brought my usual lunch....as I don't eat fried foods, meat, white pasta, etc.

So today, my Office Manager had a small hissy fit and said she'd never go out of her way to order anything special for the "office vegetarian" again .....as she ordered white pasta. I didn't have the heart to tell her I don't eat white pasta, as they already make fun of me something fierce.

I ate my salad and then asked for a small spoon of the pasta, ate 3 bites and buried it under my salad dish. Then ....the broke out the Tiramusu. This was pure torture for me, as I love it....but I'm really trying to watch my food intake. I was offered a piece and I said, no thanks, I have my cherry yogurt. Then they made fun of that....so after everyone ate a gigantic piece, I walked over and cut a tiny sliver and had just a taste.

Why oh why must they do this? At one point, I said, I just want to eat my salad, as I'm trying to lose weight. Well..............that NEVER goes over well. They all started. We WON"T even go there Lora! They all think I'm skinny and nuts .......and I said.....but my pants are too tight and the doctor jokingly said, "buy new pants"......prior to that comment - he was trying to get them to get off my case a little about how they were picking on me.

Then the manager says........."were' trying to make lora more flexible".....as she told me that I'm to set in my ways with work...and I need to flexible. Well...work is one thing ........but my diet is another! My diet is my business. Anyway, then she went on and on about how there's "blah blah blah amount of carbs in that yogurt" and cheese raises your cholesterol.....to which I said.....well, I'm not perfect....what do you want me to do?....start eating like a body builder and live on egg whites?!!

Ohhh...this irks me so. Why must they pick on me so when I'm just trying to watch my food intake. I don't ever want to weight 300 plus pounds like my one coworker! For goodness sakes!

Any advice?

Linda - yes, I also eat too many carbs....but it's more because I'm such a picky eater and there's not much i like. I try to get a good mix of fast/slow burning ones and try to add a bit of protein in there . I mostly eat green beans, low fat/sugar free yogurt, alpine lace swiss cheese, wheat cereal and oatmeal for my protein and sometimes on the weekends, I make a protein smoothie with protein powder, international foods sug/free caffeine free coffe mix, and splenda to drink with a piece of fruit for one of my snacks and get a mega dose of protein. I figured my protein intake on ishape's food journal one day and I don't do too bad. I also once had a registered dietician tell me that i get adequate protein for an active female with what I eat....but then this was contradicted when I had my one stress fracture and my podiatrist (who did his understudy...degree (or whatever) in nutrition) asked me if I was a vegetarian cuz I was a "slow healer". I couldn't believe he asked me that. He told me that cheese and yogurt doesn't give you the "quality protein" that meat does! He suggested protein shakes...thus the reason I drink them occasionally now. Dial up is the pits!! My DH is a pig headed control freak......so I have to deal with it.

thanks for letting me vent.

Lora, Lora, Lora! - I so feel your pain. I am constantly harassed and made fun of by friends and family members a like. And boy,I have seen my share of white pasta dishes served just for the token vegetarian. I just like you turn my nose up at them. I always try to tell people not to worry about me and don't order anything special for me. Because honestly I more than likely won't eat it. I much rather bring my own food.I also hate that when you go to a restaurant and ask about vegetarian dishes they almost always suggest fish. Hello did I not speak English! Anyway, just like you the teasing is made worse because they all think I am skinny, and well I am compared to them. I've even had people make fun of me who I have never eaten a meal with or in front of. All they need to hear is I am a vegetarian, and then if they find I also turn my nose up at white refined carbs, well there is just no stopping them. So don't worry about them I with you girl!
BTW, I have salad everyday for lunch because I love it and I don't plan on changing for anyone! My kids even think it funny that I eat salad everyday, but they mean it in a nice way.
Also, have you ever tried seitan or anything? I made quesdillas for my family tonight with seitan and I ate it with rice cheese, light sour cream and lettuce, I skipped the tortilla even though it was whole wheat. Anyway YUM!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.