Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Dec 26

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Fit Prime G Force Rebounder aerobics with Tracey Long. This is actually a circuit workout with weights, but I skipped the weight segments and did the cardio segments x 2. Weighted gloves are worn to increase intensity. The cardio equaled 50" and then I did the core work from Turbo Jam's Kickin Core 15" (with my med ball instead of the fitness ball), followed by the core work on G Force and stretch. Total workout was 1 hour and 20 minutes and I burned 467 calories. I wanted to fit some yoga in, but had no time, as I have to get ready for that job interview this morning.

Have great workouts. I'll be around a bit later.

Diane Sue - if my abs don't get sore at all, do you think they are still getting worked good enough? Do you ever go for periods where you work them a couple days in a row?

Good Morning
Today I plan on doing a treadmill run and Amy Bento's upper body work from All Pump Extreme. I have errands to run this today so will try to get done quick. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Lora, I think that the ab work is still effective even if you do not get any soreness. I have worked mine 5-6 days a week before. I really don't think it made them any better. It also depends on how much resistance you use. If you are using resistance give them a rest day in between or do something light. I have read different ideas on how often to work the abs so it can be confusing. I do think working them more often is like freestyle for the midsection. If you are wanting more muscle definition there, then resistance & rest is what you. I usually do no more than 4 days a week but that changes once in awhile. Good luck with the job interview:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies....Todays w/o is planned as cardio only.Muscles a bit sore,so i will take it easy. Maybe some yoga, if i can follow it.

Christmas was nice. Goes too fast.
We finished cleaning up the house and sat on the couch and click the power went out for 4 hrs.I was in bed very early. I think i needed the rest

Suz, i just get discousted when i do all this work and everyone is late.The food is ready and we did not have snow...
My dh got me 2 sweaters, 2 jammies and a fleece columbia jacket and i got my sports bras. I did not ask for much. I don't need anything..
Christmas is for the kids and he got everything...
He was scooting around on his scooter and said mom, i need a helmet. This is dangerous..LOL...I couldn't find a small one. I will have to keep looking...

Lora, good luck on the interview!!!

Have a good day....Maniacs...

Diane Sue - I also feel like standing core work (like is in Amy's All Pump and Turbo Jam Kickin Core) work your abs differently than lying work. I've also read different ideas on ab work. Lately, I've been working them with different amounts of resistance and sometimes no resistance just to keep them guessing. I don't think I'll ever get my lower belly to quit bloating. I think my IBS and endometriosis just do that do me.

I'm so upset. I just opened a new pack of contacts and the right one feels defective. I've already had several defective left ones in this pack. I'm gonna have to go take them out. My eye's all red and teary and I can't stand it.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Busy day today. Going shopping AGAIN! Taking tree down before FIL comes. With 5 dogs running in my house, I don't want a big tree in the way. My house is not that big anyhow.

Looks like Core Syngeristics today. Tomorrow is Kenpo!!!!! I have only done parts of Core Syng. before so I forget what else is in there.

Hope you all have a nice day. Lots of cleaning up to do, huh? I have to stay away from the chocolates. I been sabotaged by my family.

Charlotte~~

It was a struggle to get out of bed this morning. Feel like I have a hangover. WAY too much sweets. I'm done now, and life can go back to normal.

I did Cardio Coach #5 on my treadmill this morning, I love this one. I think its my favorite. I went 2.72 miles, workout was an hour and six minutes, I was in my zone for 47 minutes and burned 328 calories. Not near the burn I need but its a start.

Hope you all have great workouts! Hope you all had a great Christmas!

Good morning maniacs.

Debbie, I'm with you on the sweets...feel bloated from all the crap and sodium. I'm looking forward to getting back to normal.

Sounds like everyone had a great christmas..

Anne..I saw you got bra's and chuckled, I thought your DH must be super excited for your surgery..then I see today they are sports bra's. Your pictures are adorable.

Lora..seems like things are back to normal, aside from work that is. I'm happy for you.

P90xers- I skipped out on the work-out yesterday, I was fried, the kids were gone and we told everyone we were not leaving the house. So we stayed in and watched Gulliver's travels...what a great movie!!

Well I'm at the office which means I should be working...more later

Amber

Good morning!

Can you guys believe Christmas is over already? Wow! Long story as short as possible. A friend of mine died when she was 31 (had 2 kids, 4 & 6). That was about 12 or so years ago. We were friends in jr. high/high school. She was an only child. I keep in touch w/her mom. Calls me her adopted daughter. Lives in Los Angeles. She's 71. She's been married forever (not my friend's bio dad - he died when my friend was 3). Has no other family. Usually really upbeat even during holidays. I've always told her I'll care for her as I would my own mother and I beg her to come and live near me if her DH "goes" - she really doesn't have friends as she's pretty shy and only recently retired. She's been depressed this past month. Worries about when her DH goes she'll have nothing to live for. Grandkids don't really keep in touch (stepmom is very mean to grandma - acts jealous) even though she has tried so hard over the years and they live in PA. It just makes me sad. How do you get to that stage in life and feel there's nothing to live for? I can't imagine losing a child but she's only 71 and she's really pretty healthy. My heart just broke for her. She quickly changed the subject and then people started showing up so I had to hang up. I need to call her back today. Is it losing her child and finally retiring and stopping long enough for the pain to really hit her doing it? Or the thought of now losing her husband? I think he's a lot older than her. At least he looks it. How do I help?

So it's Core Syn today. I wish someone had already done it so I know what to expect. :) I think I'm FINALLY sick of sweets! Whew! I thought I'd never say that.

It's so windy again. I don't think we'll be taking the car out or we'll be getting stuck again. I guess it's nothing but 4WD.

Lora - good luck on the interview. Can't wait to hear!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz...I did Core syn prior to starting our rotation, so it's been about 3-4 weeks. It's a great workout, some tough new moves, some we have already seen. Not to scare you..but I couldn't climb the stairs the day after I did it. So I am really looking forward to it today, to see how far I have come, or not!

It's hard to know what is on "adopted mom's" mind...sounds like a little holiday blues. My guess, she will sound much better this time. Truly, I'm not sure how parents who have lost a child ever get over it. I lost my best friend at 18...her mother has never been the same. Lost that gleam in her eye ya know?

Wonder how dallys is? struck gold maybe?

back to work,
Amber

Suz - that is so sad. I think because she's getting older and knows her life and her dh's could be over at any time (not to sound morbid, but I think older people think like this) and that is depressing her. I noticed my mom was a bit unlike herself Sunday, I'm not sure what's bothering her but she's not her normal happy self. Breaks my heart. I hope you can persuade her to move close to you one day.

Thanks you guys. Yeah, it's so sad. On the other hand, I see my mom who is 75 and just got married at 71 (had been alone for years and years and years - NOT easy to live with and on her umm...6th marriage) and she is the happiest she's been in years. She retired at 65 and moved here from Los Angeles where she met her husband, she volunteers at the hospital and is very involved in her church. She's always going. But she also has her 2 daughters here and is very healthy, has her 2 years younger husband who adores her. So totally different? I'm sure that even though I tell Eleanor I'll take care of her, it's not the same feeling of security for her as if I were her daughter b/c how does she know she can really count on me? I do hope it's the holidays and she'll feel better soon. I've never known her to be so down.

Amber - YOU'RE SCARING ME!!!!!! I thought this was recovery week. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I am half way thru Core SYng. Taking a water break. Worked too hard yesterday doing yoga and my side hurts. Hope I can work it out. I know I was in the wheel position ALMOST the entire time. I made myself do it. I also held crane longer. I got back from mall not too long ago and my dd didn't put away the butter...it was all over the floor. The paws got into it as well and I got greasy floors and a tree to take down.

Lora,

Got my oils today..wolf moon and Lycaon (sp?). They are both gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous..

Be back later taters.

Charlotte~~

Hey guys what's up?:)
I just got done doing leg blast from b&g that was a great workout I felt like it wasnt going to end! I didnt cheat this whole xmas everybody thought I was weird for not eating stuff. But I did have like turkey and salad stuff like that;)
Have a good day
Randi

Hi ladies,
Late getting on here today. I did Core Syn for the first time and really liked it. It did get my heart rate up on some sections. The Chataranga Runs were tough, just did Plank Runs instead, that was hard enough. I know I can really grow with this one. It was a challenge for me and a nice change.

Lora, how did the interview go today? Hope it was good for you. I wear contacts too and once in a while I get one that doesn't fit quite right. Hate that.

Diane Sue, you are busy as usual and will, I'm sure, be getting an effective workout in.

Anne, I started to get perturbed about everyone being late for our shindig, but was able to just get over it and enjoy everyone's day. So glad I did. My DH made a ham and it was done way too soon, but we kept it warm and it was delicious. I ate lots of tasty stuff, but that's behind me (yeah, probably on my a** now). Cute Christmas pictures that you posted.

Char, hope you liked Core Syn today. Bet you will find ways to even make it harder, like the Chataranga Runs with a 20 pound plate on your back or something. 5 dogs in the house!!! We have 2 and they are plenty for us. We love our babies and they are spoiled. DH is taking a snooze on the couch right now with both of them curled up around him. Lots of motivation going on right now LOL!

Debbie, maybe I'll do CC#5 this week on the bike. I've never done it yet. I was a chicken and did CC#2 on Thursday so guess I'd better step it up. You really motivate me.

Amber, I didn't do YogaX yesterday. Had done StretchX the night before, just took a break from everything yesterday. Hey, it was Christmas for pete's sake. Did you do Core Syn today?

Suz, you have such a good heart and bet your friend is happy she has you in her life. Yes, older people get depressed too. I wonder if my folks think about their time left on earth. They don't ever seem depressed, though they have a hope of what's on the other side. They just seem to enjoy all the family time we have together. Hope she perks up. Maybe give her a call later on, let her know you're thinking of her. That might perk her up too.

Randi, good workout today. Way to go on your clean eating. Wish I could say the same. I do pretty good on the meal, it's the desserts that scream out to me. Anything with nuts in it and shortbread, and chocolate, and, and, and,

Dallys, hope you and DH are having a blast!

Jeanette

Finally home! I went to the interview and didn't get home till

Suz - So sorry to hear about your friend. That is tough to hear someone say that stuff. Everyone has different degrees of depression and deals with grief and pain in their life differently. I can relate to how she feels. I have been at that point in my life a few times....not wanting to live and I was only 26 the time I recall that it was actually the worst and I had a gun in my hand and wanted to shoot myself but was afraid of going to He!!. It sounds really sick and I'm almost ashmed to admit that, but I was in the depths of my addiction and it is a progressive disease and it was at the very end of my active addiction before I hit rock bottom and got clean. I actually felt like that other times....and it was severe, but that was the worst I can recall. Nowadays when I get severely depressed, I still get that feeling that I don't want to live, but I don't actually think of doing something about it on my own (well, it does cross my mind, but I really wouldn't do it....as I'm much saner than I was when I was messed up on drugs and lost control over my life). I don't know what to tell you on how to help her though.....sorry. I guess if you try to let her see all of the reasons she has to live and be happy (without being like your lecturing her), that would help her see things in a different light. I'd definitely call her and try to be there for her. I think it's important for her to know she has people who genuinely care about her in a time like this.

Toasty - Wow - you got your lunar oil!! Did you even get a Click & Ship. I haven't gotten anything yet....not even a C&S.

Netta - I think I either scratched my eye, have something in it, or the contact was bad and it irritated my eye so badly that I can't get it calmed down.

Well, the interview went very well. I first met with the Office Manager for a while and I was nervous and tend to babble a bit (no kidding!!) but I was my normal outgoing, friendly self and didn't keep the conversation strictly business and act like a stick in the mud. I asked LOTS of questions (good ones I thought). She asked me how fast I can type and I said "gee...I didn't do too much typing on my last job (little does she know the narratives I post here LOL), but said last time I was tested for a job, I think it was 75 WPM. So then, she gave me a typing test and I told her that if I was nervous (which I was) that it might be lower. Anyway, I guess she knows I'm honest cuz after my test (which I thought I sucked at cuz I lost my place 3 times), I typed 76 WPM. She liked that. Then she left for a few minutes and when she came back she told me I was going to meet with the one Attorney I'd be working for.

The job is Assistant to 2 of the Attorneys in the 10 Attorney Firm. It's a very large practice in Downtown...nice office. They have they're own parking lot across the street from the building. The Attorney's I'd be working for are the Corporate one and the Real Estate one (good...I can learn stuff for my DH & I for house flipping) and they also have a Bankruptcy attorney in the Firm, Tax Attorney and Estate one. I think that's a good practice to be in. They've been in business since 1917. Sounds like a secure job. Hours are 9-5 with an hour for lunch and when I asked if I could start a bit earlier, she said she's doesn't see why it couldn't be worked out. She did state there was some OT occasionally when meeting deadlines for contract/agreements. The job consists of mostly typing contract/agreements from sloppy handwriting (but I worked for doctors my whole life....LOL - had to understand their foreign accents and read their scribbles). Not being cocky here as I'd need to learn it. I'd also need to learn some Legal jargon and and a lot of other stuff. They seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem for me to work there with my background being medical, as they said a strong Secretarial/Adm Assistant background goes a long way.

All of that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with the Senior Attorney I met with. I think he was one of the ones that had been there the longest and knows ALL of the specialties. I got the feeling he really liked me (and the feeling was mutual -- but he's 65...so don't get any strange ideas). However, he wants me to meet the other partner I'd be working for before they decide. They know that I'm supposed to start another job and I'm working under time constraints (need to know by the end of the week...so I can notify the other job if I'm not going to take it).

This job will pay more (not sure how much...as he just asked what salary I was looking at and I told him my last salary and said I'd like it to be comparable). The benefits are comparable to the other job give or take a few things. The main thing I like about this job is that you're only there 8 hours and that means they pay for your hour lunch. The other job - you don't get paid for your lunch - so you're there almost 9 hours a day. I much prefer working 8:30 to 4:30 versus 7:45 to 4:30.

I'm leaning towards liking this job today and if they offer it to me I'm probably going to take it. I am a bit scared because I think the Attorney job will be much more difficult and stressful than the Real Estate but I also think that they generally care about their employees and I get the feeling they treat them with much dignity and respect (something I haven't had for a long time). Whereas the Real Estate job, I didn't get that feeling. I got the feeling it was more every man for himself and that I'd have to deal with all of the Realtors coming in and giving me a hard time. I could be totally wrong though. I would hate to get the Atty job and be working a ton of overtime, since you know how they downplay stuff in an interview.

Here's a few tidbits of info also.....comments that made be think. The Office Manager (on the phone when setting the interview) said to me "oh - I was thinking about taking Dec 26th off, but knowing this place, I won't get out of here". That made me say....hmmmm... but today when I was there - the sly fox I am - made a point of asking the Receptionist how long she's been there and also if she liked it there. I also asked the same thing to the Office Manager. They've both been their 9 and 12 years and the only reason the person that's leaving is leaving is cuz she just moved here in Sept and got the job and her DH can't find work here, so they are moving. That says a lot about a place (IMO).

Are you ladies sorry you asked?? LOL

Phyllis (my old boss) called me as I was walking in the door (we went to the Mall to exchange stuff) and she called to tell me how much she missed me. I told her about the job interview and she was excited for me. I miss her too. I know you ladies probably think I'm nuts.

Deb - I was in the shower and bent over to wash my foot, and I twisted at the same time...and my sciatica pain got a pinching feeling and now my back and hip are really bothering me. Any advice? Ice or heat?

Diane Sue - I think I'm going to ease off a bit on my leg workout for tomorrow and go with a full body/cardio circuit. Since I hurt my back slightly and my low back was bothering me ...I thought it'd be a good idea to do Jari Love's Ripped 1000. I haven't done it yet.

Wow - the Collage catalog just came and there's all kinds of new workouts I want and I have no money!!!:(

OMG - I can't believe how long this is!!!! You guys are probably ready to kill me! I sorry! I type fast!! LOL.

Hi everyone

I just finished Core Synergistics. Is that tough in a strange way or what? chatarhonga...what???

I forgot there were all those pushups in there, yikes. I am up to doing about 13 boy pushups (very slow and broken up) and lots more girl pushups, so I just don't push it with those. I try to use something cathe suggested and that is to just hold/pause in low position until I can get better. I guess I just don't have the upper body strength to pull off all those push ups. But...I am getting better!!!

I love anything plank, the firm got me hooked on those, so I liked everything with the plank move.

My dreya rolls stink!! The only way I could get up unassisted was to cross my ankles coming up...but hey it worked. but to spin...yeah right! LOL

I also went very low with the weights because I was having flashbacks of my painful day after the last time I tried this workout. My hips and upper thighs were screaming last time...now I just don't see how..but tomorrow may be a different story.

Lora...are you back yet??? hoping it all went well.

Netta...yes..I just couldn't do it yesterday...so I rested, boy did i rest..it was nice.

Char..your mastering the wheel huh??? I'm impressed! With your core strength..I bet this workout is fun for you.

Suz...did you make it through?

Ok, I left the office early today, which means I have a few hours to put in at home. It's slow during this week, I think the phone only rang once today in 6 hours. That is unheard of on a normal day.

Oh...my prime rib turned out supreme...everyone loved it. thanks for the tips on that!!! I used the meat thermometer and since everyone likes it rare...pulled it out at 125 about 2 hours before I thought it would be ready. It was a scary 2 hours waiting to see if it was even done. But, they all loved it. The bird was too big for my roaster so I had the boys take turns smashing it down until the lid would fit on, they loved that! That poor turkey was beaten then eaten.

Ok...I'm blabbering

Amber

Suz...I think recovery week...is a little misleading. Kenpo?

I've decided to throw in some more cardio for phase 2.

Has anyone tried CardioX yet? I see it's only 45 minutes or so. I'm also going to throw in some step. I miss it too much!

Amber

Amber - I used to do Cardio X on extra cardio days when I did P90X. The only thing I don't like about it is the warm up is sort of long and is a yoga warmup which I thought was a waste of time, so I usually did the stretching and a bit of my own warm up and then repeated segments of the DVD to make it a bit longer of a workout. It's actually very good. It's a little of everything.....Plyo....kenpo X moves and basic athletic moves and even some Core Syn type of stuff.

Dreya rolls make your butt and legs sore if you really don't use your hands to push up and jump at the top. I did Core Syng every week when I did P90X cuz I did the Lean Rotation and towards the middle to end of the program, I didn't even get sore from Ab Ripper X or Core Syng. I got so used to them....so enjoy the DOMS while it lasts. By the way, what pound dumbells do all of the maniacs use in Core Syng??? Do you add weight and ankle weights to the core work?

When's Dallys coming back?

I just ate pizza again (pineapple though and hardly any cheese on it).....we stopped and got it on the way home from the mall. That exchange stuff is a bunch of BS. They will only give you gift recpts and then you can't find anything for the amount and have to end up spending more in the store. I ended up getting a DKNY Military Style army green fitted jacket to wear with jeans or work pants (regularly $95...on sale for $34) and a DKNY quarter sleeve length Lavender Tee with some Silver and purple design on the front for $24....and my DH pitched in the extra money. Wasn't that nice of him??? I guess he's happy about the prospect of a better paying job on the horizon.

I am getting in a late check in today. I ran 5 miles on the treadmill this morning and did Amy Bentos All Pump Ex upper body skipping the w/up and the core work. That made this workout 56 minutes. Then I went and ran errands and stopped by dd house. I went to Ulta Cosmetics to get some Bare Minerals multitasking bisque for me and dd. I ended up getting some shadow liner and the buzz latte for lips as well. Then I went by dd house to give her her stuff and see how her house was coming. Her dh should be home from afganistan in a couple of days. They are having their Christmas when he gets home.

I have not eaten anything to speak of today so need to make dinner. I think I had enough calories from yesterday I have just not felt that hungry. I will go back in a little while and read everyone's posts.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.