Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Dec 19

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

I'm sitting here debating what cardio to do. I'm leaning towards Cardio Coach or maybe half CC and half something else. I'm depressed this morning.

Diane Sue - I meant to ask you yesterday. How do you make the Bonus Ab Segment more intense on Cathe's Butts & Guts. Cathe uses the stability ball for most of it. You do that ball pass between the legs and arms, etc. My abs didn't get sore from it, but I don't know how you'd add weight??

I'll be back after my cardio.

Mornign Lora. I hope you get a good WO in. How are things? Well, we are all here for you.

I had a great WO last night. BM2 cardio and weights premix. Stuck with Cathe's weights. Thought my shoulders would explode during the presses, but I made it. I will remember to hydrate myself today since that cardio was kicking my butt last night!

I am thinking Drill Max today and maybe more abs. Both boys are sick again, so it should be an interesting day.

Morning to all you crazy ladies.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good morning maniacs!

Lora hope all is well with DH, the holidays add more pressure to your situation, hang in there..

p90x'ers- I went up on all my weights last night,was doing 20-25 on the lawnmowers, heavy pants still 20's. Lat pull downs I'm up to 90# (i'm still not convinced the conversion chart is right) but the plates say 45#. The wide ones are more difficult and have to go down to 72#. I'm feeling a few doms.

Abripper x- geez, I still have a really hard time with those v'cross over things. can only squeeze out about 15 of those. But it's getting easier too!

It is much colder today here. But I hear we may have a little white for christmas.

Deb...just realized you are just down the turnpike from my office in Perrysburg. Our office basically sits at that exit. I go to cleveland a lot, in fact will be there on Thursday. You usually get our weather a few hours after us and have a lot of lake affects right?

Dallys..may have to bathe the dog myself, I'm looking for those cute holiday bandana's today.

Probably won't be back online today, I have continueing education all day plus it's DD's 22nd birthday and she is choosing a restaurant for the celebration. I'm having cramps in memory of that night of hell giving birth to her. LOL.

I'm not even sure I will get to PLYO so may have to double up tomorrow.

Have great work outs everyone!!

Amber

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Yesterday was chest/back/bike ride and ab ripper. Doing about the same on all the chest/back and ab workout. I got DOMS in my lats and upper back this morning. I have to hide my mouse right now..my cat wants to click it and I will lose everything I am typing. Anyhoo,
today is Plyo's, right???? Oh, I am gonna have so much fun!!!!!!! I am the jumping queen here. Really got my calf muscles sore last time.

Lora,

Thinking of you.

Amber,

Are you talking about the ones you do while on your side with the ab ripper? Yes, those are hard. I sweat alot doing those, but I do them all. They are not easy. Climbing your leg is easy as pie for me. Your doing very well with your lat pulldowns. I have gone up to 90 once or twice, but I feel like my form is better when I am at 70 or 80 depending on how strong I feel.

Have a great day! Enjoy it.

Meg,

Just sent you a email.

Well, my night was rest x. I had the biggest migrane. It was just get me home and an ice pack. I have not had one like that in a long time...There is still a tingle in my head.I took a vicodin which helped slightly. Buzzed me up more.I can usually function, but this one had me ready to throw up.
Dallys, if yours are this bad, i don't know how you can function???

Well, check back later. Have to get to work..
Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Puke-status workout I did this morning. Holy crap. Had a lot of energy. This full body workout called for 4 sets/8 reps with 1:30 rest. This is what I did:

Close Grip Overhand Pullups: ****8****!!! /5/5/5 (I can't believe I finally passed 6 reps! I was so excited. Had my step son not been sleeping in the room next to me I would have screamed! LOL!)
Hamstring Curls: 50#
Dumbbell Incline Chest Press: 35's
Plie Squats: 85#/95# for the last 3 sets
Alternate Incline Dumbbell Curls: 25's (6 reps with last set)
Reverse Flies (shoulders): 15's

Workout was 1 hr. 3 min., was in my zone for 17 min. and burned 222 calories. My teeth really hurt lifting anymore, what is that? Its really bugging me. I will try the Sensodyne toothpaste and see if it helps.

Meaghan - Great workout! :)

Amber - What exit? I live near the North Ridgeville/North Olmsted exit, I think its #252 but I'm not sure. Not familiar with Perrysburg. Great workout!

Anne - Hope you are feeling better. Migraines suck.

Hi everyone else!

Hope you all have great workouts!

I ended up doing Cardio Coach 6 with Sean. It was 60". It was tough but not as tough as I thought it would be. I think in the past, I was taking it to Level 4 when I was supposed to be at Level 3. I used the treadmill for my steady state, warm up and cool down and the eliptical for the hills and intervals. I burned 420 calories. I also did Yoga for Surfers (45"). It was more of a restorative type of yoga.

My DH is not speaking to me now. He doesn't even want to hear anything abot the job. The only discussion he will have with me is about how much money he's going to have to take from my spenidng money and how else we will have to cut our spending. He's also being really mean to me and when I ask if he wants to hear about the job....he just says he doesn't give a $#$! what I do and he says he's going to leave me.

I can't believe how hwe's being at this time in my life. I interviewed with the lady I'd be working for yesterday. The job is an Administrative Assistant in a Real Estate office (Howard Hanna Real Estate). The vacation time, personal days and sick days are offered after 6 months of employment and are comparable to the amount I had at the hospital. The job sounds like it would be okay work. Of course, I'd have to learn some things I've never done before, but the lady (not sure of her title) seemed to like me and we seemed to get along well. She said she can be "difficult" to work with but she didn't seem that way to me (but you know how that goes). I think I have a good chance of getting the job.

The job is $3 less an hour than what I made but she said that I could probably be up to a dollar less an hour than what I made at the hospital in about a year or so because they give annual raises. The Company is a growing and doing very well. They are ranked 5th in the Country. She also knows what I was making at my previous job and she wants someone to take the job and stay (not leave to take a job for more money).

With all of that being said, I really want to get a job before I have to go on unemployment. I'm not sure if want to get back in the medical field or not, but only due to downsizing and I don't want to work in a Doctor's ofice and have to work late hours. This job is in a good neighborhood, but a heavy traffic area and it's about 12 to 15 minute drive from my house (depending on traffic - maybe more). Sorry for rambling again.

Diane Sue - Do you have the lengths of Cardio Coach 4, 5 and 6 written down?

Charlotte - I think the BPAL update might happen tomorrow cuz I think the Trading Post has an update coming then also.

Debbie,

Let it out, girl! I wanna hear you scream and so does your step son...wake his butt up!!!!!! That is fantastic you can do 8!!!!! Great on all the weights too! Great gosh!

Your biting down hard on your teeth when you lift, huh? I do that too. The dentist asked me if I chew on ice. lol.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - Thanks girl! I was kickin it this A.M.!

Lora - If you really want the job, take it but keep looking in the meantime. Something with more pay may turn up. Its hard finding a good paying job anymore. I can't figure out why your dh is giving you such a hard time about it. Doesn't make sense. Are you sure nothing else is bothering him?

Ok, I think i am going to order the set of cardio coach...The whole set is like 65 so may as well do them all.

Lora, he is being an ass....The husband is supposed to take care of the wife, not the other way around.Mine is a super big a** at times, but he pays the bills at home. If something happened to me he would cover my car and bills till i got back to it.
Sometimes you have to start at a lower wage to end up better. Are there benefits?

I told him Sun. You need to order checks. I need 12 grand, so just get me 3 checks. He won't pull it out of the savings..LOL....

I still have a slight tingle in my head. I still feel crappy.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Hi,
I don't have much time to address personals this morning, maybe tonite. I did PlyoX this morning and it kicked my butt MUCH worse than the other 2 times I did it. I really think it's because of the low carb eating in Phase 1. Good thing it's not cycling season cuz that would never fly. Anyways, good workout this morning. My HRM said I burned 477 calories (yeah, right), WOW, that's like doing 2 Cardio Coach workouts on my old HRM.

Lora, the new job sounds really interesting and promising. I'm sorry your DH is being a jerk. What's going on with him? I know mine can be a turd once in a while, but if it came to me losing my job and wanting to get something else, he'd be backing me up big time. I'd do the same for him too.

Got to get ready for work.

Anne, not you with a headache too?

Deb, I was getting toothaches for a while. They say if you grit your teeth, it flexes the tooth and opens the nerve areas up in it. Once I quit consciously clenching (sometimes we do it at night and they make an apparatus for that too) the pain went away. I also don't eat hard food on the side that tends to get sore. I usually use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth and that helps but a lot of it is just not biting hard on that side.

Jeanette

Good MOrning
Today I did Legs and glutes and core max 1. Decided to do something different the gym style legs since i've done it the past 2 weeks.
I have to get ready for work have a great day everyone!!
Randi

Netta,

I am not doing the eating part for P90X. Just what I have always been eating. Actually, I think I have increased my carbs some. There is just no way I can go thru the weight work without my usual carbs or I would have to go really low in the weights. I have got to learn to eat more fish though. Somehow someway. My hubby is really disappointing me with his eating. I make him a lunch, he still gets hungry and goes to McDonald's. Why on earth???? There are so many other places to eat too where he works, why go there, ya know? He wants to have some blood work taken to check all his levels and see if he is on track, but if he keeps going there to eat, I am telling you...he will be disappointed. He always told me that if I were to ever get fat he would divorce me. That was the first year of marriage so I got pregnant instead. lol. He has a great body and I swear I wish he would let me be his trainer. I know he needs that cardio...he won't do it, dag gone it, and clean up his eating.

Thanks for all the vent time. :p

Charlotte~~

Hi!

Haven't BROUGHT IT yet today. Will do Plyo later. I love that workout. DH and I need to do some running around. We're expecting a HUGE storm. So far they're saying 7-14 inches of snow with WIND and low to no visibility with snow drifts of a few feet thanks to the wind. Should be lovely. Hehehe. I'm glad I'm off work, although I imagine with blowing like that the town will shut down if we get the snow they're predicting. But you know how that goes. We may end up with 2". I haven't even been paying attention and had no idea until my MIL mentioned it.

Netta - EAT MORE CHRISTMAS COOKIES. They're great carbs and will get you through those cardio workouts. }(

Gotta run - more later. Big Bird's been singing Christmas carols all morning - well, her version of singing. So cute. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz,

Well if that would happen here everyone would be in a panic. 1 inch of snow and schools shut down. Schools have been closed due to alot of rain too. Windows open up again only cuz I am doing plyo's. It is about 55 or so. I am gonna have to start all over with plyo's. I am just not feeling it right now. I am gonna lay down and take a nap and see it that helps so I can bring it ALL the way to the end!!! lol

Charlotte~~

Afternoon Maniacs! Not sure what workout is on tap for today. I'm thinking of a circut workout. Maybe Bootcamp or something. Work wasn't to bad today. 2 days until vacation...

Toasty-That link was hilarious. It's like, I've been through that phone call before. LOL! Take a nap and you'll have more energy. Gotta get in all the plyos! That one is so fun.

Lora- Hang in there.

Anne- Not me with the headaches. I think that might be Suz. Hairspray again? LOL!

Meg- Sounds like you had a good workout. I can't wait until I get Cathes new DVD's. I feel like I didn't even order them. LOL!

Amber- I hear Old Navy has cute stuff for dogs. Cheap too! Good job on upping your weights!

Debbie- Great job on the pullups! Now you'll be stuck at 8 and that will drive you nuts. LOL!!!!!!!

Jeanette- Aren't HRM frustrating? My treadmill thinks I'm an animal and can burn thousands of calories in minutes. My HRM thinks I'm a lazy @ss and says I'll never burn anything worthwhile. LOL! I'll let you know about my bike rides. I'm hoping someone will have a laptop computer where I'm staying, but I doubt it.

Randi- great workout. I haven't done L&G's in ages.

Suz- Hoping you don't get all that snow. A little would be nice, but 14 inches will be a nightmare to shovel! Cute your Big Bird is in the Christmas spirit. My bird is trying to sing "Walkin in the sunshine" I'm surprised as I didn't think he could learn anymore.

Gotta go eat some lunch. Wish I had some cookies.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.