HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS TUES 5-4

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES

Yesterday was AOS Providence Kettlebell workout. 50 min 675 calories, I really like that workout. My allergies are kickin' today, so I don't know what is on the agenda other than it's cardio day. I may need to keep it light, we shall see.......

Good Morning Ladies!!

Today was Boot Camp and I did the entire work out and then restarted it and did 30 more minutes to make up for my unplanned "day off" yesterday. I couldn't do my exercise yesterday morning because of the heat and an extremely poor nights sleep. :mad:

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and say hello. Also, Debbie - I ordered 8 new Cathe DVD's last Friday, so I should be ready for whatever you throw into the next rotation. :cool:

I hope everyone has a great day!

Cheryl

Today was total body and I chose Push/Pull. Haven't done this workout in a long time and quite frankly, it isn't one of my favorites because it doesn't seem too challenging. However, I had a great workout and I think this was perfect for today.

Cheryl - How are you on BC already? That's the last workout of the rotation. Just wondering.

~Good Morning,

Did the KPC premix yesterday. It's the last one on the menu and about the only one I do lately. It was a good workout. I have knots in my butt :mad: -- right below my ischia/sit bones. I get them sometimes. They aren't like DOMS and don't feel like an "injury." Just "ow." It's a "bummer (bad pun, butt I couldn't help myself -- please forgive me :eek: )." I did MTV yoga before bed last night to try and loosen up a bit. It may have helped some. Today I should probably focus on upper body and lighter cardio/stretching to see if I can untie myself. I wish my foam roller was here.

Theresa - I think I want to/am going to order the AOS Providence. I watched a trailer for it and it looks really good. I did get Enter The Kettlebell. It came yesterday, actually. It outlines a training plan in the book. The DVD is just instructional on the basics. I will need to spend more time with it but would also like to have a work along DVD. Hope you have a good day, whatever you decide to do.

Debbie - Glad you had a great weekend and workout. So good to hear you've been enjoying them again :D .

Cheryl - Bootcamp is one of my favorites. Too much heat and not enough sleep are a bad combination. Is it better today?

Linda - I read about your shoulder/forearm problems from yesterday. Debbie asked about all the same questions that coame up for me. What a thing to be going through. Hope all the testing zero's in on the problem. Your giant set approach is a really cool idea, btw. I may have to try it sometime. Also, since the last time you asked, I've been doing better about studying (couldn't have done much worse :p), especially the last couple days. How's it going for you? Doesn't really sound like you've had much time for it.

Diane Sue - The Tabata workout's sound like they've been effective :D . Do you find them fun, too? There's something about that protocol I really enjoy. I'm really interested in the Bosu work you're doing, but will have to stay "distantly" interested. I've bought enough for myself for awhile. I may go ahead and get 1 more DVD from AOS, but that will have to be all. Your workouts are terrific!

Lora - Been wondering about you. Hope you're doing ok.

I'll try to bbl -

Lori

Theresa - If you have allergies theymust be awful for you right now with all this pollen around.:(

Debbie - I agree the Push/Pull isn't very challenging, but sometimes it exactly what we need.:D

Cheryl - Yea on the 8 new dvds!!!

Lori - Sorry your booty hurts!:( Actually my ortho's office makes me wait forever so I got some good reading done yesterday.:D I will also take it with me to gymnastic tonight. I really need to start pushing on it harder.

When the numbness started a few days ago I restarted taking Celebrex, and guess what...no numbness! Don't know if it just a fluke or perhaps the numbness is inflamation related. Because it disappeared four weeks ago during a 9 days course of Celebrex. More good news is I have doms from my leg workout yesterday but not the kind that I can't walk. :D This morning was HiiT 30/30 I considered 40/20 but didn't think my legs were quite up to it,maybe later in the week.

Theresa - Sorry about those allergies. It's been a rough spring for a lot of people. Glad I'm not allergic to much.

Cheryl - Yay on the new 8 DVD's!!! I'm sure you'll be excited to do them. Why did you do BC already? Just curious.

Lori - Your posts crack me up. You are so funny. Glad you enjoyed KPC last night! That is a pretty fun workout.

Linda - What is Celebrex for?? Did you get it for the numbness problem or something else? I'm glad it went away. Nice job on your HIIT today!

Hi to Diane Sue, Lora, Roselyn and Hermia!! Hope you are having a great day!

Debbie - Celebrex is a once a day anti-inflammatory drug, you use it instead of taking multiple doses of ibprofen all day and night. I was originally put on it my my primary doctor to see if it would help my shoulder. Didn't help the shoulder but seems to help the numbness.:D

I had a call 30 minutes into my workout, so had to stop and go get my grandson and take him to school. So came back and finished. Was just finishing getting myself put together when DH called and asked me to meet him for lunch. Then we went to the antique and other thing store where he bought a big cabinet for his office. Then I had to go to the pharmacy to get prescriptions. So just getting here. I have to leave asap to go pick up the children.
I started with 10 minutes solution 5 day get fit intervals and kickbox to warm up 20 minutes and 117 calories, then I got in 4 sets of the Tabata squats and had to leave. Came back and started the Tabata over 43 minutes 179 calories burned. I followed this with Gym Style Floor legs 24 minutes 65 calories. I finished with 4Day Split High Intensity Step 33 minutes and burned 230 calories. Total time spent 2 hrs. Calories burned 591.
I will come back and read everyone's posts in awhile:)

It has been awhile since I did push/pull and yes it is not very challenging but as you all said sometimes we need that to change up things.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.