Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues 5/22

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I overslept a bit ......off to do Imax 3 and Coremax. Maybe some yoga. I have a job interview later this morning....so I best get busy.

be back later.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is a leg weight day and house cleaning. Haven't heard back from any of the jobs I applied to...so whatever. I am thinking it is my job history background. I haven't worked outside of the home much and people might think I am not reliable, etc. I am alittle frustrated and I don't feel wanted. ;( :p

Lora,

Good luck with your interview..at least you have a interview. lol

Charlotte~~

I ended up doing Imax 3 followed by CoreMax 1 and then Ravi & Ana's Dance The Chakra's - Yoga set only (30"). I wanted to do traditional "stretchy" yoga, but I figured the Chakra work might help my interview.

I'm following the January rotation and I've been dreading my scheduled workouts. Not sure how long I can stick with this, but I want to see if it works. I'm supposed to do Gym Style Legs one day this week, but I was wondering if Butts & Gutts might be a better workout for me. Opinions anyone?

Last night I fit in and evening 30" cardio workout (moderate one) as well as a 25 minute Classical Stretch.

I'm interviewing at a Nephrology Practice on the side of town the hospitals are on (sort of farther away). It's a Secretarial job.....thank God no transcription. I hope it turns out to be "the one". I hope I get a job wearing uniforms, as I hate wearing dress clothes.

Toasty - as my DH would say..........the right job will come along at the right time! I don't know if he knows what he's talking about....but all we can do is pray about it and turn it over, as well as do the footwork....right? and we've both been doing the footwork. What city do you live close to now that there are so many job opportunities? Is it a big city? Also, I broke apart that pack and have the Boomslang and found an imp of Coral Snake Viper for you. Would you want those two? If so, let me know and I'll tell you how much. Postal rates went up though.

Diane Sue - I ordered the Kashi. Got 2 of the pilafs and 1 of the Go Lean Crunch.....$8 for shipping...yikes!! The Pilaf has microwave directions, correct? You eat yours plain - right? We did take Mom her dinner a couple of times. I'll have to ask her if she wants dinner from "the outside" the rest of her stay. Right now, we're hoping to get her out of there by Saturday....but she hopes the doctor lets her go....cuz if not she'll have to "walk out" and that's not really cool. She's still not getting around very well....but enough to be home with all of the proper home health care stuff. I wonder how long she'll need the walker? I'm so proud of her "pushing thru her pain" as I told her to do. She gets to a point where it's too painful to move a certain way, but I knew once she had her body in another position, the pain would subside....so I guess all of my preaching about it made her be determined to try my theory and she seems to be able to do what she needs to ....somewhat....but it takes her long and she does say it's painful. I keep telling her it will only get better, as bone's heal. She also twisted her neck when she fell and she's having bad neck and muscle pain. I told her she can have therapy on an outpatient basis for that and her leg strength, etc.

Have great workouts ladies. I'll be around for a bit.

Good Morning,
Today I am going to do a treadmill run, I might do a CC. Then I will do the Muscle and Fitness rotation back and biceps and some str/yoga.
I need to go to the library today and pick up some books I reserved and another book on tape to listen to in the car with the grandchildren for out trips to and from school. We are almost finished with Island of the Blue Dolphins.

Lora, good luck with the interview.

Charlotte, I hope you find a job soon. Give it some time. I am sure you will find something soon.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies. I am still sore in the legs. I am dying here. Today us total upper body. I may try the recumberant bike after. I don't think my poor legs will handle anything more...

Char, you will find something. Call and bug them.It means you are serious...

Have a great day everyone..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

"I haven't worked outside of the home much and people might think I am not reliable, etc...."

OK Charlotte I have never written to you, we don't even know eachother but I had to respond to this: YOU ARE NOT RELIABLE??? My word woman you are the uber Reliable and Committed. Heck, you are one of my heros - gorgeous, wickedly witty, an Amazon amongst humans! You have a rigorous workout schedule that would put 99.99% of the population on its knees; you raised two great kids who I've read about them from time to time; and I am hitting only the very tip of the iceberg. Wait - and you do Wheel in black stockings!!! Listen are you in the NYC area? I will hire you!!! I tend to like to hire working mothers part time, full time, whatever deal they want to cut. They always outperform. And I being one myself, I want to support the sisterhood.

Get your basic skills up to speed (technology and all that stuff) and then lead with "I take on challenges, nothing scares me, try me out" attitude. They don't want you? Keep walking cause honey they don't deserve you.

And btw today was Baptiste yoga and a 3 mile run. Killer weight workout yesterday with a sadistic trainer. Sure, Charlotte would have survived it. Me, I'm munching on Advils.

Good luck!!

Julie

Debbie over your attitude - you see the bright side in oversleeping. I want some of that 'tude to be sure. maybe it's allergy season getting to me but I am dang tired.

As aforementioned, yesterday's workout killed me - a lot of core. How to heal a sore core? I am thinking mass quantities of food to stretch out those ab muscles! Ha! Better be careful, i have another session tomorrow (a free trial so i am using it up).

OK back to work for me. Charlotte, as I said prior,good luck and Lora keeping prayers going for you and your Mom. Thank goodness we have strong back muscles - we sure carry a heavy load there sometimes.

Julie

Fit Over 40

Maniacs,

Lora, you must get up darned early. Just before I went to bed, I did a last check on this thread, and you have already got up and was about to do your routine. You amaze me! "Luck" to you with the interview. How is your mom doing?

Char enjoy your leg workout. I have a lot of house cleaning to do as well. Be patient, you'll get a job made just for you.

Julie, ditto your words with Char. Couldn't have typed it better. She is awesome isn't she? Sounds like you have a killer workout yourself. Enjoy!

Diane Sue, I need to go to the library also. I never thought about books on tape for children. But then again, I don't babysit mine except every now and then. They live just to far. Enjoy your workout.

Ann, I bet your legs are getting stronger each and every time.

Debbie, I'm glad to see you sticking with your week off. You'll be ready for the next round even more now.

I'll be doing a 30 min. jog on the treadmill, and a full body workout.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Good morning/afternoon!

My girlfriends chickened out on our ride this morning. It was cold and windy. I was up at 5 and all dressed by 5:30 so I could be out the door at 6. Oh well, I needed to do a weight workout anyway. I did Power Hour. I love that one! I think I'm gonna be sore since I haven't been lifting much more than once or twice a week (okay, more like once the last 2 weeks). It's amazing how hard it was lifting a 10 pound plate in front of me for shoulders!!! That used to be so easy! :p

I had my checkup this morning with my neurologist and I don't have to go back for 3 months. Yay!!! He said, "You've lost 10 pounds since I saw you 2 months ago." He wasn't super jazzed about it. I had a hard time hiding my glee. Tried to make a fish face so I wouldn't smile. :p I told him that since I can't use inhalers that was the only weapon I had on the bike (well, it's part of the reason I wanted to lose weight!). He said absolutely no more weight loss or they're going to do a food drop over my house. What IS it with these doctors and weight loss? I KNOW there are many women my height who weigh a lot less than I do (Charlotte!). First my regular doctor freaked and now him. He did tell me that he goes to the hospital and all the fat nurses are sitting there eating donuts and candy. I thought that was pretty funny. He's got a great sense of humor.

Back to work for me. GOOD LUCK TODAY LORA!!! And Char - WE WANT YOU!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good Morning,
Today I started in late with the workout. I put in i train replica of attack workout 30 min(not sure which number it is) then went on to do 5.3 miles on the treadmill, then I did the M&F rotation back and biceps, and finished with Stretch Max #3 with the band. I am leaving in a couple of minutes to get the girls and head to the library. I had to pick up a dead baby bird by the back door when I went to take the dogs out after my workout:( I was given a compliment yesterday at the laser eye center. The doctor that I saw said she always thinks I have such pretty arms when she sees me and that I must work out a lot. I have never had anyone call it pretty before:)

M&F rotation
wide grip pulldown bowflex 200# 8 reps 3 sets
dumbbell row 35# dumbbells 8 reps 3 sets
seated cable row bowflex 100# each hand 8 reps 3 sets
straight arm pulldown bowflex 100# 10 reps 3 sets
preacher curl on stability ball 41# 8 reps 3 sets
concentration curl bowflex 50# 10reps 1 set, 60# 8 reps 2 sets
cable curl bowfex 50# each hand 8 reps 1 set, 55# each hand 8 rep 2 sets
barbell wrist curl 35# 12 reps 3 sets
barbell reverse wrist curls 20# 12 reps 3 sets

Lora, I eat the Kashi pilaf plain most of the time. Sometimes I will add some low sodium powdered boullion or herb ox very low sodium. I just love the texture. I didn't see any microwave instructions on the package so cooked some myself in the microwave going by brown rice instructions for microwave. It worked. I e mailed Kashi and asked about microwave instructions. I will see what they say. Since I cooked it I had some after my workout today since eating starches after weights is good. I had some tuna and salad with it. Also, I feel a massive headache building. Where do you put the grr on yourself when you apply it?

Suz, that is good to hear that your appointment went well. Good for you on the weight loss.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Uh, thanks Julie. Geez. I am all smiles now. Yeah, I do love challenges and I have even presented that attitude when applying for jobs that I can learn whatever they want me to. Just waiting on a phone call, but lawd girl, thanks for all that. Great workout too!

Charlotte~~

Janie - I get up at 2:00-2:30 am when working and 2:30 - 3:15 when not employed (like now). Yes, it's early...but I'm used to it. My DH gets up at 1:30 as he has to be at work at 5:30 am.

Deb - hang in there with the break from working out. You'll be a maniac next Week!!!

Suz - good news on the weight loss. I'm jealous. I know what you mean about people saying you don't need to lose weight. Everyone thinks I'm nuts when I make a comment that I'm trying to lose a few. I think I need to shrink my stomach. I get so darned hungry all of the time and can't take going hungry. Do you know if you eventually get used to it, or does your stomach shrink and you don't get as hungry after you start cutting back? I can never make it past that point. LOL. I can eat dinner and be hungry an hour after!

Diane Sue - if they don't answer you with the Microwave directions, would you kindly give me the directions you used today? I don't like my stuff overcooked....as I tend to like noodles and such el-dante. I think I'm going to like the texture of the pilaf also. I like grapenuts, barley and all things that have lots of texture! I guess I can eat the Pilaf and a salad for dinner. That would be good, right? Do you make 1 serving when you make it? Although, don't know why I'm asking you .......cuz anyone who can make it all the way thru a dental appointment with no breakfast or lunch is nothing like me, as I'd drop over!! However, I must say, I've gone without my caramel cream rations for 2 days in a row!! That's a major start for me, as much as I like my candy. I apply the Grr across my forehead, at the temple regions, down the sides of the nose (diagonally) and sometimes I put a small additional amount right above each eye....the migraine spot. It usually subsides for a short amount of time and then starts coming back....at which time I reapply and then reapply again after it start to come back again. After about the third application, I usually get half decent relief....but it's never totally gone. As I said before, I got decent results applying it and then soaking in a hot tub. It seemed to work better. Where did you get the Splint for your foot? When I get a job, I might need to buy one, as my PF is not letting up. Do they sell one for sciatica????? LOL

Not sure how the interview went. However, I knew the lady that interviewed me from the first hospital I worked at a long time ago. She would be my boss and I think we'd get along well. I was the first interview..........and they will be calling the finalists for 2nd interviews towards the end of next week. Sounded good, except there may be some travel required in the future. They have 3 satelitte offices and they might start requiring the secretaries to commute to those offices in the futre, but it's not definite. Definitely sounds like something I'm very interested in .....all except for the travel (40 minutes from my house one way).

Lora,

O.k., that sounds good. Let me know price then. I will send you money as soon as you let me know, k?
I hope you get that job if it sounds right for you. Good luck!

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs! Today I did SSex Cardio Core and then did DM Cardio blast premix. That's a fun one! Still trying to eat good...got to lose more Lb's than I thought! I think I have a skinny mirror in the basement. I look fine in that, but then I took some pics today and OMG!!:eek:

Lora- Good luck on the job! I can't believe how early you and Dh get up! Does he have a long drive to get up that soon before work?

Backbendy-toastygirl- 300 walking lunges with 80#! Are you %$#@* insane? LOL! Good luck with the job situation. You'll find something soon.

Julie- Welcome! Great to see/read a new face.:) Great workout and cool you have a sadistic trainer!}(

Anne- Can't believe your legs are still sore! What did you do to them? LOL!

Deb- Glad you enjoyed sleeping in. Feels nice sometimes doesn't it?

Janie- Enjoy your workout!

Suz- I'm jealous of your lean bod! I'm working to get me one! LOL! Drs. just don't see many inshape people. They get dazed and confused. LOL!

Diane Sue- I found a wounded baby bird last week. I know how you feel seeing one. By the way...you do have *pretty* arms.:) I like that term.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - my DH gets up that early and works out. He actually needs a little quiet time to sit with his coffee also. LOL. I don't drink coffee....that's all I'd need! LOL

Toasty - $10 should cover it with shipping. my paypal is [email protected]. I'm going to the PO on Thursday early. BTW - liked your pole dance pic. I see those adds in the paper here all of the time and chuckle. My DH tells me to go for it all of the time....of coure he's just kidding. My Blue/Rose Moon order should be here tomorrow!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.