HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS TUES 3-23

buttercup78

Cathlete
HELLO LADIES

Yesterday was cardio and I chose KCM's stepboxing-vertical step mix- and combos 1 and 5 of Amy's ASC3. Workout time was 49 min and I burned 730 calories. :eek: Today is STS and a bit of steady state.

Hermia-I am a late exerciser myself. It just makes more sense to me.

theresa

No workout for me today. Woke up feeling horrible. I'm staying home from work and I plan on sleeping and reading if my head allows it.

Hopefully be back at it tomorrow. Have great workouts everyone!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Deb, sorry to hear you feel that bad. Hope you feel much better tomorrow.

Theresa, Nice burn...walking with creatures too. haha

Today I am gonna work arms and work abs some. Got lots of cleaning to do...

Debbie-sorry to hear you are feeling crummy. Get better soon

Char-good to see you here :D Have a great workout.

Theresa

My workout is done and I got a good calorie burn in
icon_biggrin.gif
I started with Shock Cardio Circuit Blast 44 minutes and burned 367 calories Max HR was 164, then I did Tonique Squat track and a little over 5 minutes of the lunge track using 5# dumbbells 22 minutes and burned 200 calories Max HR was 158, I followed this with Body Max 2 Upper Body going heavier than Cathe 20 minutes and burned 139 calories, I finished off with Tonique Matwork adding 8# dumbbells over the hips for the glute raises 17 minutes and burned 106 calories then did the cooldown 5.5 minutes and burned 34 calories. Workout was 91 minutes and calorie burn was 846
icon_biggrin.gif
I need to leave early to get the grandchildren so I can hunt down some sunglasses and stop at the Nutrition store.

Debbie, sorry you are feeling bad. Get some rest and I hope you are better soon.

Charlotte, I know you will get in an excellent workout. Enjoy the cleaning. I stayed up till 1 am doing mine because I have so much running to do the next couple of days before I leave.

Yesterday I ended up doing Baron Baptiste's Power Vinyassa Flow. It really is a gentle workout. Moves pretty slowly and it felt really good. Getting ready to do STS legs disc 12 and ... we'll see what else :p.

Debbie - Sorry you feel so awful! I hope you kick this thing and feel better soon.

DianeSue - Your comment on my workout idea (incorporating the Karen Voight floorwork after STS) made me laugh :D ! You're right though :) . I'm sure you posted it before, but I don't think it sunk in or something: 37 year anniversary!?? That gave me goosebumps!

Theresa - Have a great workout!

Hermia - I go through periods where the time I start my workout is just about the same as you. Pretty late, but there's something I really like about that. For me there's a trade-off in not having the energy boost it gives me earlier on in the day, though. Maybe why in part, I'll sometimes do a workout for both time slots. Hope you had a good one last night (if you were able to get it in -- sounded like you had a lot to do)!

Char - I started posting last week. My name's Lori. Hi!

Lori, I didn't mean the comment like that LOL I just meant that I like to mix those workouts up. I remember doing the Great Weighted workout and BodyMax the original cardio and lower together. Also mixed it up with some of the Firm workouts. It was always a little harder to mix up the video tapes though. I sure do like the dvds with chaptering:D

DianeSue - I didn't take the comment wrong at all - maybe I was "channeling" you :D And actually, I took it as an indication that i was on to something. The original Body Max and the Karen voight one - together???!! That would be quite something ... :eek: Not sure I'm up for channeling THAT - not right now, for sure!

Anyway. Finally finished my workout. It's late. Funny how I was talking about that earlier. My day was busy so I had to split it up. I did the last leg workout for Meso 1. I went ahead and included the bonus work since it used a stability ball and K. Voight's floorwork doesn't. Then I did MMA Kickbox (was just going to do the core work, but the whole thing ended up "tagging along" :eek:).

Just now I finally did the G W W floorwork. She does some unique things with leg angles and planes of motion. I used 5 lb. ankle weights and held an additional 5 or 8 lb. hand weight to a couple of the moves (I would have still felt it quite nicely without that, in retrospect, but it was ok). Also, on the leg extensions, I knotted a non-latex band (purpele) and held that behind my back, looped over my foot, for some extra resistance. I tend to skip floorwork. It isn't even that I dislike it so much as sometimes feel there might be other more "bang for my buck (don't really like that phrase - can't think of another one just now)" things I could do, instead. I'm glad I did this, though. All unilateral work, about fifteen minutes per leg. She covered a lot in that time - pretty thorough and ... good. I felt it, for sure.

I think her instruction and cuing is ... precise. She does, however, do this repetitive chant: "up, up, and down and up and down and down again ..." stuff I wasn't too keen on, but I think that may just have been a teaching style of the time. I didn't notice it after awhile. I'm recalling now that the whole workout is kind of "detail oriented." (Would you say so, or do you know what I mean, DianeSue?). Not sure how else to explain it. That might be tedious for some people, but I still think I'll try the rest of it (just for something different) over the next couple weeks. It isn't an easy workout.

I was going to post my weights for STS legs, but it's so late, I'm not even sure who will see this. Plus, I still have things I need to do before bed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.