HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS TUES 3-16

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES

Yesterday was cardio and I chose Kickbox Surge. I really love the workout, but the music is the fun factor for me.
Workout time was 48 min (minus 3 trying to mess w/ the fan) and calorie burn was 752 !!! It is such a great calorie torcher. I also like the decision I made to change weight days and cardio around. I feel more accomplished when I do cardio first.

Both Kelly coffey-Meyer and Amy Bento have projects in the works for May. :eek:

Theresa

Last edited:
Today was cardio and I did Step Moves. Very fun workout but had trouble with some of the step combo's. I'll get it, though. Had fun with it and my HR was up in the 150's almost the whole time I was doing this workout. Not sure why, it wasn't really all that high in impact.

HR STATS:
43 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
8 minutes in zone
33 minutes above zone
356 calories burned

Then I did the Ab work from MMA Kickbox. I did all the exercises but the pushups at the end. There is no way I could do a pushup today with as sore as I am.

My workout was Shock Cardio Athletic Step 47 minutes, 377 calories, Max HR 159, then I did MMA heavy bag 18 minutes, 178 calories, Max HR 178. For Core I did MMA Boxing Core, MMA Kickbox Core, Cardio Core Circuit Core premix, 23 minutes, 135 calories( I wore my 2# gloves for the MMA workouts and used 8 & 10# dumbbells) I finished off with Insanity Cardio Recovery which has more core work 32 minutes 138 calories. Total time today was 2 hr and I burned 825 calories.

Debbie, I don't know why but when I do Step Moves I get near the same calorie burn I do with Athletic Step and close with the HR. Athletic step seems so much more intense to me.

Theresa, I used to do the cardio first because I liked getting it out of the way and also I felt like it warmed my muscles up so I didn't get injured. Then I switched because I wanted to get weights in first and see how much time I had left for the cardio. Still think cardio first is good.

Theresa - I love KB Surge too, very fun workout. I love the music too, but I hate when Amy starts singing along. I want to drop kick her when she does that! :eek:

Diane Sue - Interesting on your calorie burn with AS and SM. I really think I'll like SM once I get the steps down. And really, it isn't too hard, just a lot to learn on the first try. Nice workouts!!!

I enjoy Step Moves too!

Theresa- I am opposite I love to do weights first and put all of my energy into that.

DianeSue - Nice workout, as always!

Debbie - Shouldn't take you long to get Step Moves.

I took this morning off, just trying ti get my mind right. However I did walk about 3 miles while DD rode her bike and I will be going roller skating tonight for 2 hours. So if that counts I guess it's not a complete day off.:p

Linda-sometimes a walk is the best thing :D Do you have nice weather there?

I think I need to clarify my cardio/weight statement. I set up a rotation doing cardio 3 days a week and 3 weight days (alternating b/t total body one week, sts one week, one body part oer day one week, and tb circuits the 4th week). But I decided to switch cardio days to m-w-f instead of t-th-sat like I originally planned. If I do weights the first of the week, I tend to miss my cardio sessions.

theresa

Theresa - It's sunny and 60!:D:D:D:D:D:D And I love roller skating, it's not something I do slowly.:p Okay now I understand about the cardio/weight thing.

Linda- Horray for 60 :p We are about the same, it has such an impact on my mood.

Diane Sue- I forgot to tell you great work especially on your core :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.