Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday Sept 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning my rotation called for Yoga X, but since I do mine on the weekend instead, I do cardio on Thursdays. I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 1. Wow -- I liked the music in this (almost forgot this one since I've been doing the new ones) and I don't know if it was because of the day I had yesterday or what, but my HR stayed in the 150's most of the workout. I must have really been into it and I always add a bit of impact when they don't (it's only natural once you've done Cathe aerobics). I actually forgot I started my workout a bit late and lost track of time and didn't really have time to cool down, as I was still going strong with my HR well into the cooldown.....so I sweated off to the shower to get ready for work. Now I feel like I definitely need a good stretch soon, as I really had no time to stretch.

Have great workouts and if my day is anything like yesterday, I doubt you'll hear from me until I get home from work. I don't know what I might do if I end up going thru another day like yesterday. I really can't go thru that two days in a row........so I'm not sure what I'm capable of today, as far as either 1) going off on her big time 2) going up to Human Resources and going home or 3) going up to her boss to speak to her about the problem. I really hate feeling like this on the inside. Work is bad enough without these kind of problems.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Hey Lora and everyone else
Off to school this morning (x() Today at the gym is legs and abs, no cardio today. I'm ganna do a few things for abs this morning.

I'm ganna try to get the pics in this weekened. Try to pic up the camerea friday, take pics, and post em on picture trail.

Lora- Hope everything is working out well for you at work;-)

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good Morning Maniacs and Lurkers!!

Yesterday did my strength training workout as well as 300 crunches (different angles) plus plank, flutter kicks, etc. Really have killer doms in my bootae from those reverse lunges. They were really tough and I can't wait to do them again!!!!!

Today I need to decide from what cardio cuz it is RAINING AGAIN here and no bike ride. So ladies, help me decide...

Imax 2
Low Max
KPC
Step Blast

Lora,

I said a prayer for you last night that God would give you peace. I want your day to be better for you today. I also want you to tell your boss what you need to say instead of keeping it inside you. I know it won't be easy, but you can't keep letting the tension build so when the opportunity comes...let it come out.

Marietta,

I noticed you were around yesterday. I hope you will be back today.

Hello to all that follow. Be back later

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - here's my vote for your workout for today:

I-Max 2 aerobic and blast segments, omitting the recoveries by chapter-skipping to the next aerobic segment; then
Low Max blast-only premix with a med ball (check out my post on the Video Discussions forum: "Low Max Intensifier: Grab The Med Ball!")

I had an awesome class last night with an entirely new music mix; came up with a new drill that combined two old classic moves into one new glorious nosebleed drill: the High-Knee-Run / Hamstring-Curl Repetition-Reduction Frenzy, done of course at mid-range movement speed.

Today I'll be taking a power walk at lunch and a few reps on the floor for abs.

Hope all are doing well!

A-Jock

Charolotte- I vote for Low Max if you wanna burn a lot of calories. Debbie burned like over 300 w/ this W/O}(

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Annette,

Alright then. I think I will do just that. You always do have such great ideas.

Adri,

Yeah lowmax does burn alot of cals, but extended low max burns more.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte- I vote for Aquajocks mish mosh for sure! That sounds like a blast. Glad you got good DOMS!

Lora- I agree with Charlotte about letting it out. I hope your day is much better. I will be thinking about you today. Hopefully you can stop in.

Aquajock- I hope you enjoy your walk today, and I am glad it went well last night.

I got up and did RS this morning. I slept like crap mostly due to a toothache. I do have DOMS in my chest, even my arm pits LOL! but I think they will increase as the day goes on. I still have back at some point today.
We are going to a pre-k orientation for my son today, hopefully he likes the school and stuff. He seems really excited.

Deb- I get my Avon tonight so I will let you know how I like the Halloween tree thingy!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

A Jock,

Thanks! Just printed it out. I guess I will have to modify my music too and listen to AC/DC or something like that.

Charlotte~~

Hi everyone! Today is my rest day and I need it. I'm so sore this morning, my bi's especially. It was nice to sleep in a bit.

Charlotte - have fun doing A-Jocks mish-mosh. She comes up with some great ones!

Hi everyone! Meaghan, cool on the halloween thing, let me know how you like it.

Off to work...

Good Morning,
Today is a planned rest day but I think I may do some abs and stretching. I can still feel my triceps and shoulders today:) I changed things around to spend the day with dh as it is his day off.

Annette, that sounds like a great cardio combination. I know when I do Low Max with my weighted gloves it gives it a boost. I will have to try that too.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Good morning ladies....
Well i skipped last night because every muscle in my body hurts.....Literally. I feel 90...
This total body w/o really rocks.. I am really feeling it..

I am planning on weights today, but arm is still a little sore so it is going to have to be lower body only. I don't want to be down for months. It isn't worth it.
I did drop anther lb. though . 11 more to go. Slow and steady..
Well have a reat day.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Mornin' Maniacs,

No work today, so I have a Mt. bike ride planned with my dog. I'm hoping to get a good one in. I'll go up on my higher route in the foothills. It's kinda scary as you are all alone up there. I'm a little weary of Charlottes story about the rapers, but you can't live in a hole, right? I also have legs and back today, but may switch that for tomorrow. My back is kinda iffy from Yoga yesterday.

Lora, I sure hope you have a better day today at work. I would do aaaanything to take down your boss, but then, you seem to be a nicer person than me. :)

Adri, have a great day at school! You had a awesome workout yesterday for a sick girl. ;)

Charlotte, I can't believe you're rained out again on your bike ride. I'd try the A-Jock mish mosh and let us know if you live.}(

A-Jock, I'm trying to picture your new glorious nosebleed drill: the High-Knee-Run / Hamstring-Curl Repetition-Reduction Frenzy! Yikes!

Meg, That's where my DOMS from doing push-ups was. Right in the arm pits! It's a slightly pleasant sorta pain. LOL! Hope your tooth goes away. Opps! Editing to add, hope your toothACHE goes away. LOL!!!

Debbie, enjoy your rest day! You deserve it.

Anne, Nice to hear this rotation is kicking butt! Take care of that arm.

Diane Sue, Enjoy your rest day too. :)

Aren't Cathe's new workouts looking awesome!! I assume everyone is getting them. }(

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Ladies...

I did Imax 2 this morning and since the sun came out I decided to ride my bike. Need more energy to do Imax2 and lowmax together, and then with a med ball. I accept the challenge, but not today. I am done. lol.

Adri,

So how ya feeling today? Your mom let you workout yesterday when you stayed home from school? If my children did that, I would march them right back to school. I seen what you said you did and for using all that weight, you must have not been feeling too bad either.

Marietta,

That is good mileage. How often do you buy running shoes? lol. What kind of leg workout did you end up doing or is it too long to post? lol. So glad you are back (smiling).

Dallys Yoga Bionic,

What did you end up doing today? Ya know, I got the paper and read about the rape. It wasn't what dd had thought. It was the girl's dad!!!! He had been raping her for about 3 years like that. So far he has been charged with 39 counts of incest, 1 sodomy, 2 rapes and 1 with foreign objects. Sick..sick..sick, and I have seen this man before too somewhere. Freaks me out. He looks like someone you would see sitting in your church. Tall, dark and handsome(on the outside..ugly as sh*t on the inside) and 49.

Diane Sue,

Enjoy your rest day!

Anne,

Glad your arm is doing better. Been thinking about you. No doubt you will be losing weight. If I did A Jocks mosh today, I might just lose bone too. lol. Keep it up too!

Debbie,

I pm'd you.

Meg,

You going to the dentist? I got to make appts today. Keep forgetting. Get that tooth checked out or is it just sensitive to cold and hot stuff?

Lora,

How ya doing? Afraid to ask. Don't like it when you don't come on as much. Worry. Hope your boss gets what she deserves.

Charlotte~~

>Dallys Yoga Bionic,
>
>What did you end up doing today? Ya know, I got the paper and
>read about the rape. It wasn't what dd had thought. It was the
>girl's dad!!!! He had been raping her for about 3 years like
>that. So far he has been charged with 39 counts of incest, 1
>sodomy, 2 rapes and 1 with foreign objects. Sick..sick..sick,
>and I have seen this man before too somewhere. Freaks me out.
>He looks like someone you would see sitting in your church.
>Tall, dark and handsome(on the outside..ugly as sh*t on the
>inside) and 49.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can hardly comprehend this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhows, I ended up doing Legs and Back X after all. I also did ARX. I had Zero energy today. It was tough from the warm up to cool down:(

Bionic wore out girl. ~Dallys~

Hey maniacs I did get a run in yesterday 1 min intervals via cc#6 with candace I did warm up and the intervals and ran the last 3 min ss for a total of 20min.I will pick up the remainder of workout tomorrow I think it is 30 sec of sprints,hill climbs and a mix of both I will do what 20 min takes me to.I also did yoga and me abs.
Today I did cathes pp 8-10 reps except where noted
squat 74 all reps will up wt's next week
dlift 74-13 will up wts here to
lunges 74-13 up here to
leg press 74-8
c press 94-10
drows 74-10
c fly 70-8
brow 74-10
overhead press 80-8
1 arm row 45-9
f raise 35-8
rear delt 20-8
curl 70-9
h curl 60-8 (had to rest after 4 reps and cont. with 4 more after rest)very hard I think because of minimal rest between curls and h curls
dips-slow count all reps
kickback 20-8 very hard after the dips
the inner/outer thighs I used ankle wts and calves was non wt.I also added 7 min of yoga.
I hope you all have a great evening.

Charlotte- When I feel really sick its always in the morning, and thats when I get ready for school and I felt like ####. Then as the days goes on I re-gain most of my energy (even though my nose is stuffy) and starts to feel better. My Mom and I are really close and she thinks that I shouldn't miss a lot of school, but she really likes to hang with me if I don't go. So we went to W/O. Also, I had my sugar free energy drink (not Red Bull, its called Turbo Tea) and that gave me more energy than I normally have when I feel perfect. Although I couldn't do pull-ups for the life of me, and couldn't do a 90# BB bench press on the smith machine. 85# was perfect yesturday. Also I just think when I get to the gym, everything goes away (like thinking of school, home, tomorrow, ect) and I feel like I'm nowhere. Its my place to relax kind of (even though I work like a bitch there}( I look forward to it.) I almost cried yesturday morning cuz I thought i wouldn't be able to W/O.

Debbie- Enjoy your rest day:)

Meaghan- Stay away from the lolipops after your apt w/ the denitst}(
:+

Marietta- Glad to hear from you again!! Great job today:)

Diane Sue- Enjoy your rest day as well:)

Dallys- Thanks! I know I still did a lot of work even when I'm sick but its like what I said above to Charlotte, the gym is like my getaway. All the stress and anger goes away when I feel the burn at the gym. I know I'm doing something good for me, and something I wanna do. Working out isn't a chore for me, its a look forward to everyday kinda thing. Comming from a 14 year old might sound weird, but I already have my future planned with this. I had it planned since I was like 9 or 10.

Annette- Your so cool!! Glad you had a good class yesturday. Glad to have you hear! Love reading your posts:D

Hi to Anne and Shelia:)

Also, I'm ganna try to get my aunts cam tomorrow, take pics sat and sun, and try to get them all on picutre trail by sun night. I hope you all will believe me then! I really eager to show you what I can do.

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Where is everyone!!!! I posted the one above over 3 hours ago}( Whats up?? I miss my maniacs}:)+:*

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Thought I would stop and check and see what everyone is doing today. I did Amy Bento's Abs#1&#2 with some extra resistance the her stretch #2. Dh & I spent the day together and went to lunch.

Lora, I hope your day was decent at work today.

Dallys, we all have those days where there is just 0 energy. Get some rest.

Debbie, hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Charlotte, I Max2 is a great workout on its own. I think sometime when I have extra energy I will try annette's I Max/Low Max with the med ball or other weight combo:)

Hi Adri, hope you are feeling better this evening.

Diane Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.