Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday Nov 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme - Great NRG Premix - 57". Amy, Amy, Amy.....what am I going to do with you? No breakdowns whatsoever. I had some difficulty following her and part of it may have been because it was a premix and therefore jumped from segment to segment. I'll have to do parts of this the other way and see. Once I get some of the moves down, I know my HR will go higher. I still got a good workout. My HR averaged in the low 150's but for one part that I did catch onto...it rose to almost 160...so I think this will be better once I learn it. Only problem is that I got calluses on my feet this morning. I don't know if it was from the aerobics, but I didn't notice it prior. Great - another old lady problem!! I'm so sick of these little irritating annoyances! All in all, this was fun and I burned 400 calories in about 55 minutes.

I was wondering if anyone else is having difficulty hearing Cathe's cueing on the new series? For some reason I'm having difficulty following her new step, moreso than usual. Maybe I just need to give it some time. So far - the fun factor of Imax 3 isn't present in this current series for me. I won't make any judgments without giving them a fair chance though.

Megadoo - Yes, Imax 3 is my favorite step workout of Cathes. Love the music in that one and I think the workout is fun.

Dallys & Charlotte - the microdermabrasion sponge I got was from the seller "Thank You Stan" (I think). If you just do a search on EBay for microdermabrasion sponge - you'll get a list. Just scroll down for the Microdermabrasion Sponge and in the description, it should say - This is a Dermal Quality Sponge - not like all of the copies out there - this is the original. Look for his name. It was $15 and there should be a "buy now" price. I got a mini cloth free with my last order, but I don't think the cloth works as well. For about the first month I used it, my skin was a bit pink after using it, but now I don't get that any more. I have extremely sensitive skin though.

Megadoo & Debbie - Yes, I was awake for GH last night and it was a good one! I can't stand Ric!! He's a creep.

Have great workouts everyone and I'll try to check in from work later.

No workout for me today, I'm taking a rest day. I'm sore all over from yesterday's workout, even my triceps which never get sore.

Lora - I didn't know Amy had a kickboxing workout. Is that a new one? GH has been so good lately, I'm really liking it.

Hey Maniacs!

Another one here. Resting today. Actually, cleaning all day. Looks like the sun will be out today and it is much warmer, but not enough to open windows..yet.

Debbie,

Enjoy your rest day!

Lora,

Thanks for the compliment about my smile. I smile more when I am with friends and family. Alot of the pictures I have in my file I have taken myself. I don't smile at myself. lol. I have heard of Thank You Stan before. What a small world we live in. A lady that lives nearby told me of his site. I guess I forgot to get it over time. I heard the sponge was excellent too. BTW, I got 2 more C&S notifications so I got 3 boxes of imps coming! My birthday is Saturday so that is cool!

Suz,

Thinking about you. Hang in there. Gets better. You know this.

Charlotte~~

Lora, the only one i had trouble with was BM2. I think i was getting tired and fumbling over the step.

For some reason B&G seemed harder last night than the 1st time. My arm seems to be healing though with the lighter weight work.
I so far have no doms, but i paused and stretched when i was getting tight.I do like the abs on it.
Never made it to cardio. The boggest looser was coming on and can't miss it.I was upset on how they were hacking on their at home training when they lost more than anyone at the Ranch..
Do you think it is possible to loose 20# in 1 week. Maybe at the last weigh in he gobbled up alot of water before the weigh in to gain....Utah is still there. I think she did this on purpose this week...

Tonite is probably cardio and some upper body and abs.

Char, you should have priority mail by Sat. Going to the post this am.
Check back later,

Korn Concert!!!!!
I have not bought a Korn CD in years....
If i went to one of them i may have to revert back into the old days and smoke something illegal..HAHA....I can listen to some hard rock here and there, but not all the time.
Is everyone still sleeping???

You did look good and smiled so pretty....That is not the crazy look...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Nope - Ann - you can't do that these days at concerts. They kicked the dude next to me out of the Chili Peppers for smoking some nasty smelling homegrown!!! LOL. Times sure have changed in that respect, huh??

Debbie - yes, the kickboxing workout is brand new. I just rec'd the 3 new ones the other day. All Pump Extreme, Kickbox Extreme and Hi/Lo Extreme (each one is 90 minutes with several premixes).

Anne,

The doms will come. Trust me. lol.

I watched The Biggest Looser too last night. I can understand how the newcomers would not feel very welcomed AT FIRST, but I was very disappointed in EVERYONE, including the trainers for not making them feel more welcome. They worked just as hard at home, if not harder to get where they were so what was everyone's problem??????I do not like the red teams trainer at all. She gets on my nerves. She is one way and then another at times. She needs to make up her mind!!!! And Bob, what was his problem? I like happy Bob...please bring him back. I don't care for Kai. She was nice to North Dakota when North Dakota sucked up to her...due to a desperate moment of loneliness. Otherwise she is talking foul about her. No wonder all the red team women get along? In my opinion, they are fake.

Charlotte~~

Anne,

Thank you. There was so much alcohol there, it was ridiculous. You could smell it really well. I got tired of smelling booze all night. People were smoking the stuff too, but we stayed very far away from most people. We just hung out at the far corner, top of the hill. When we were at the Sno Core concert, a guy was smoking pot right beside me. No one said anything. I just enjoy the music and the extra entertainment. lol.

Charlotte~~

I think the trainers think it is their way or no way.There are more ways then just theirs to get things done. Bob is built, but i have seen much better built trainers.More muscular and cut.

What ever they were doing at home was working for them , so why were they hacking on them so much? Kim seems to be on a power kick. She dropped a couple # since the begining of the shows. She was chubbing up a little. Considering what she looked like on her web site, she is not even close.

Ideas for tonite. I was thinking LIC cardio and upper body and B&G abs.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

So who got voted off, the guy or girl? I haven't been following too closely, but missed the end. The parts I have seen of Bob, are weird. He isn't like he was before.

My legs need a break. I had to ice my knees last night. They are alright today, but tired. SO I will do UB, abs, and hopefully yoga. Not so sure about cardio.

Yeah, GH has been good.

I just ate scrambled eggs and now feel like I am gonna puke. Lovely.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Meg,

Tennessee dude got voted off. He wanted to go home to be with family anyways.

Not suppose to set fires to your knees, Rogue! lol. Hope they feel better soon.

I am eating steak, potatoes, 3 eggs and lite wheat toast.

Charlotte~~

Ann - Amy is always hard for me to follow but I like her. This will be a fun workout after I learn it. Her form is not top notch, but I know proper form. She does her speed bags weird. The end has a segment with gloves on and a kickboxing bag that was super fun! I couldn't finish it though, as I ran out of time. Gee....I wouldn't say it was any more high impact than a Cathe? but I wonder why my feet got callused? Maybe it was and I was too busy trying to follow?? Let me try it a few more times.....but it was intense.

ETA: Come to think of it - they had a pregnant woman modifying the impact.

Charlotte - I'm wearing Winter of Discontent. I really like it. It has dark musk in it. Have you ever tried one of Beth's with Dark Musk. Dark musk and my skin = :D The nutmeg gives it spiciness. I think it would be gender neutral.

Lora,

I decided to get that one. So Haloa and Winter of Discontent. I have to stay away from pine. I am allergic to it anyways so no Jovelnairs or whatever it is called. lol. I am wearing O today. Don't ask why. Just the first one I picked. I sprinkled Fire of Love on dh's pillow case on night. Stuff works..that is all I can say. he he.

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs! Today I think I will do Butts and Gutts, since it it my Legs and Back X and Abs day. I just have to add in some pull-ups on my own. I need to do some cardio too.

I watched Biggest Loser also. It did make me a mad that they didn't give the home people more praise for what they did on their own. That was a perfect oppurtunity(sp?) to let the real world know that it can be done. That working out on your own is possible and that you don't need to join a gym to get in shape. Seriously, when I went to the gym, I NEVER saw people that big there. I'm sure most are to self concious to go. I don't like Kim either. It seems like the trainers are getting to closed minded. It is amazing that all those that get kicked off are still losing weight. So, I guess the whole experience is worked for them.

Lora-
I think I'm going to get me one of those microdermabrasion sponges. do you think I should get more than one, or will it last a long time?

Char and Debbie-
enjoy your rest day. I'm so needing a rest from "work" day myself. I have not had a vacation all year.:(

Meg-
Hope you aren't to sore. My knees get sore like that sometimes.

Anne-
I agree with you about Kim. She doesn't even look like the same person on her website. She does have a pretty face. But, she bugs me.

Char-
Fire of Love? You go girl!}(

Later...off for some cardio

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - I think it lasts 1-2 years - can't remember. I marked my calendar though (LOL). The description states that bit of info. I ordered a "back up" one cuz I didn't want to worry about it.....after I saw how much I liked it. Be careful and first and follow the instructions. If you rub too hard, you'll get red patches. I don't get them any more, but it's unbelieveable how it takes that layer of skin off. Make sure you moisturize afterwards. I usually do a mask afterward and soak in a hot tub and then moisturize...so it's sort of like a facial

Charlotte - After I wore Jolasveinar all day - I decided to sell it. Wasn't good enough to keep in my massive colleciton. I have it up on the Forum and nobody wants it. I hope I can sell it on Ebay. I'm actually selling my Devil's Night ....don't like it enough to keep it either.

Lora,

I didn't think it would be, not from what I read in the reviews. What do you think of the lasting qualities of Snow Flake? Does it seem to last long enough for you? Devil's Night is alright...not my fav either. I had someone buy my white moon right away, but I have not heard back from them. Kind of makes me mad. If you are gonna buy it now, then pay for it now! I don't want to deal with ugly feedback again if I got to give some myself.

Well I am sure you will get good money for Jolasveniar. I still can't beleive how well the trick or treats scents are doing. Incredible. You were right about those. I might bid on some when the price settles down abit.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - I actually want another bottle of Trick 2. How much are they going for? I haven't worn Snowflakes yet, just tested it. I like Snow White a lot better though. I'll get back to you on that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.