Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday June 12

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did WSFL Cardio. I did the intervals on my Rebounder and jogging around the house. Got my HR up to 162 today. The intervals were 1 min to 2 min ...but I took shorter recoveries. For the 20 minute Steady State segment I did STrike Zone again and loved it even more. It kept my HR between 148 and 152 which is hovering around 83-87% for me...so that's a pretty good workout. It's my new fave KB tape. Workout was 58" and I burned 529 calories.

Have a great day everyone.

Had an excellent workout this morning! I am very happy with my weights and reps with this workout. Again, I did a pyramid-type workout.

1 minute rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Close Grip Chinups:
BW - 15 !!!! (PB I believe!)
10# - 6
BW - 9
[font color=blue]***Was so excited about the 15 reps. Don't believe I've ever gone that high with chins before. I remember when I couldn't do one full rep.[/font]

Underhand Barbell Rows:
45# - 17
55# -12
65# - 12
45# - 15
[font color=blue]***This exercise felt awesome. Felt very strong here.[/font]

Pullovers:
30# - 20
35# - 12
40# - 10
30# - 15
[font color=blue]***These felt great as well. Upper back was screaming by the time I got done.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Barbell Curls:
45# - 17
50# - 12
55# - 9
45# - 10
[font color=blue]***Did well with these. Happy with the reps.[/font]

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
15's - 17
20's - 12
25's - 7
15's - 12
[font color=blue]***It's amazing how quickly your biceps get fried with this exercise. Got a great burn.[/font]

Barbell Preacher Curls:
55# - 8/7
45# - 10
[font color=blue]***No pyramid here. Wanted to stay at 55# but it was way too heavy after all the other work.[/font]

That is all...

Good Morning:)

Had a good night sleep and a awesome leg workout this morning. Tonight, I'm doing Strike Zone by janis.

Standing Legs

Squats: BB
5 sets 45/45/50/50/60

Front lunges: DB
3 sets 15’s/10’s/15

Static lungs: DB
1 set 15’s/

Back lunges:DB
1 set 15’s

Pile squats: DB
3 sets 15’s/10’s/15’s

Leg press: DB
3 sets 10’s

Dead Lift: BB
2 sets 60/50

Calf raises
2 set of 40

Gym Style Floor work

Tibialis anterior toe pulls
Glute squeesze
One leg roll outs
Glute press
Glute tucks
Roll ins on the ball
Inner thigh squeeze on ball
Inner thigh lift
Vertical outer thigh press
Outer thigh raise w/band
Leg ext

Char - I am eating less and lost 2# last week. I'll see how I do this Saturday. I keep track once a week. I was so hungry last night that I gave in and made my banana protein pancakes. That brought the carbs and fat up even more but I really didn't care. It's better then eating a candy bar or something similar. Maybe I shouldn't be so concerned with my carbs? They aren't that high anyways. I use to eat over 250 g. of carbs a day, now I'm always under 150 g. I just can't seem to get rid of the small layer of fat I have over my abs right now. It's frustrating.

Teddygirl - Great minds think alike! I brought in an apple today to eat with my pb. LOL! I'll have the turkey sandwich next week. Weird how we were thinking alike! Nice workout, girl!

Morning Maniacs! Getting ready to do some HIIT on the treadmill. I think it's 2 min. hard and 2 min. easy. Can't remember. LOL!

Lora- Looks like you got some good advice about the job interview on your other thread. I worry about the bad neighborhood too.

Debbie- I was thinking "apple" too! That's what I've been having for a tween meal. I need to get some almond butter, because it sooooooooo much better than the natural pb I bought (Adams, I think it is). Not a fan of the thick-no-can-spread stuff. Have you ever tried almond butter? You can get it made fresh out of the grinding machine at the health food store.

Teddygirl- Nice leg workout!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning,

This morning I did Turbo Jam Sculpt burned 654 cals, workout was 45 mins. My weights were heavier than Chalene's so maybe that's why I burned so many cals. Love these!

Lora - Nice workout as usual.

Debbie - Amazing arm curls your doing! Great workout, looks like a good one to try when I get done with all cario. I too have a layer of fat around my entire mid section (more than you're talking about on you) and that's what I'm trying to get off of me, hence all the cardio. My eating is better than it was, and I'm drinking more water these days, so I'll just keep working out and see where it takes me!

Dally's - Great workout!

Teddygirl- That looked like a tough workout this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day, and Hi to everyone that follows!

Dallys - Yes, I've had almond butter before. It's very good but haven't bought any in some time now. Why is it better? Just curious.

Sandy - I'm just winging it with this rotation but when you're ready for it, I'll be glad to send you my spreadsheets. :)

>Dallys - Yes, I've had almond butter before. It's
>very good but haven't bought any in some time now. Why is it
>better? Just curious.
>
I just like the taste better is all.:) It's especially good with Granny Smith apples and also on protein pancakes.:9

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning, I just finished up my workout. I need to get out and run a couple of quick errands because my dd will be coming over. Need some things for fathers day dinner:) Workout was Itread #21 36 minute, I stayed on the treadmill for 1 hr 9 min.. Went 6.25 miles and burned 703 calories. I think this one will be excellent or when I want a short intense workout. I then did 3 sets of 16 reps calf raises with 70#. Went on and did Tracey Staehle's Core Blast stopping at the pilates. I added weight on crunches and some other areas. I also wore the 20# vest for the plank work. Then I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme Core and finished with Spinervals Flexible Warrior yoga Run segment. Total workout time including the yoga was 2 hr 33 min and I burned 1,083 calories. BBL to read the posts:D

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

awesome workout Debbie! How long did it take you? I still can only do 1 chin up and that has to be when I am rested and the first exercise I do. If I do anything else first, I can't do a whole one.

I have decided that this is my recovery week. I am so exhausted and could not make it to the work out. I am going to rest and then hit a new rotation next week. I feel really weird with nothing to post.

Daine: AWESOME!:) ;) ;) ;)

Ally: I had me :+ down time, this week was a bad. However, tomorrow me:+ moving on to P90X upper body ONLY may throw in a few others like Kenpo and Plyo, but mainly upper. Get Rested! :)

Dallys - I like the taste too. But I now get Naturally More peanut butter and it's way better then regular pb or almond pb. It has less fat, more protein and less carbs. I love it!

Ally - Good decision to listen to your body. Obviously you need a break. Enjoy it! I get my pancake recipes from different places. The chocolate one I use to make I got from the Clean Eating Oxygen magazine, the banana one I eat now I got from a cookbook called "Body Art". I have also made up my own. The workout only took me about 45 minutes I think. It went by fast but I had only 1 minute rest times.

Debbie - I would be interested in this new rotation you are doing. I like what I have seen so far as the format, etc.

BTW - I keep getting the message that I have a message in my inbox, but nothing is there. Do you all get that message?

Hello Maniacs,

I am going to join your check-in. Right now I am doing a rotation of Debbie's. Today was push/pull upper body (3sets). My goal right now is to lose about 8-10 pounds. How much cardio a week should I do to achieve that? And strength? I am 5'4 and about 129.

Debbie, I think you gave me calorie requirements which I am finding I am not meeting. I too have some fat around the middle I need to lose. Is meeting those a big factor in weight loss?

I am also trying to quit sugar (especially cookies, chocolate). What is a snack that help me through those times.

Thanks and you all are such an inspiration!!!

Roselyn

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: ON whey proteinshake w/ strawberries (post workout)
M3: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: 1 slice 12 grain bread w/2 tbsp. power pb & 1 tbsp. low sugar raspberry jam; apple
M5: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese mixed w/Raspberry cream yogurt
M6: Spiced Talapia; salad w/Parmesan dressing
M7: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese w/Chocolate Pro Pudding

[font color=blue]1621 calories
47 g. fat - 26%
177 g. protein - 44%
125 g. carbs - 31%
[/font]

Not happy with the carb count but oh well. I'm hoping the extra day of cardio will help me burn this small layer of fat off my abs.

Roselyn - It is important to eat enough. And it is important to cut out the sugar. That is probably hindering your progress. I like yogurt and cottage cheese, that curbs my sweet tooth. Glad you are joining our check in!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Burned 368 cals
Traveled 5 mi
Time 40 mins
Speeds 8-11 mph

Gonna work chest soon. Guess I am just doing my own thang for now. Gonna try to do less cardio while eating leaner and see if that is all I need for my body type..thinking I will be fine this time of the year. Winter I figure I need the cardio more. Gonna have a yardsale tomorrow so will take a rest day (usually take 2 rest days in the week when doing mostly strength training)

Debbie,

For me, eating leaner (less carbs) makes a huge difference around the mid section. I am still feeling jiggly there from the vacation so I need to get things back in order as I am trying now. I think you are making a good decision with your meals and will see the results you expect to see soon. BTW, GREAT FRIGGIN' JOB WITH THE CHIN UPS!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Roselyn: Welcome abroad!;-)

Meals for today

M1: 3 Tbsp of protein w/1 /2 grapefruit (post workout)
M2: 2 protein pancake w/ff sugar & 1/ 2 organic ff milk
M3: 1 lg baked eggplant w/weight watchers pita bread & spinach salad red peppers & onions w/raspberry pecan ff dressing
M4: rotisserie chicken leg & thigh & vegetables (eating this meal now)
M5: ????????? after workout figure something out!

Char - Thanks! Carbs makes a huge difference with me too. I'm starving right now. The cottage cheese/yogurt mix just doesn't keep me full for very long. Need to fix that. Nice calorie burn today girl!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.