Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday Feb 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme. Workout was 59" and I burned 536 calories. I haven't done this for a while and had trouble following a couple of the combos. I was supposed to go down and use the Ellipitcal this morning, as I'm trying to add another low impact day in my week for the sake of my joints. Maybe next week.

Have great workouts everyone.

Today was cardio so I chose Cardio Coach #7. Did really well with all the challenges. My HR did not get up there until around 40 minutes into the workout, or so my stupid HRM said. With each rest my HR would drop to around 77 bpm. Now I'm wondering if this is even possible? I'm thinking my stupid HRM is giving me #### again.

With challenge 3 which is a 4 minute hill climb it said my HR was at 77 bpm for the first three minutes. Since I was breathing hard and my HR was racing, I'm pretty sure it wasn't that low. WTF? I'm SO SICK of these freakin' HRM. So now I'm wondering if it's reading right at all. Pisses me off to no end.

Anyways...

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]1 hr. 4 minutes
46 minutes in zone (but I think it was more then that)
351 calories burned but treadmill said 433 :mad:
4.1 miles travelled
[/font]

[font color=red]WHY CAN'T THESE HRM JUST WORK FOR ME????[/font]

Morning Maniacs,

Today was cardio and I did CC #7. What a workout, my legs are exhausted.
The workout was 64 minutes, I covered 5.12 miles, my average heart rate was 164 and according to the treadmill I was on fire and burned 868 calories. It's wishful thinking, but I am sure that can't be right!

Debbie - After reading your post, I really did not want to post mine especially since we did the same cardio. I hate to say it but your HRM it messing up on you again, there is absolutely no way you had a HR of 77 at any point during that workout! I was lucky to get out of level 3 to a high level 2. At the beginning of challenge 3 I was already at a high level two, so level three came fast, of course I pushed beyond it and went to level four. What can I say I like to work hard. I loved the music it this workout, challenge 1's was my favorite.

Lora - Thanks for the info on Amy. I've never done any Patrick. But I love a challenge. As far as cardio goes I like intervals in my workouts, so I can push hard. Will Amy give me that? BTW, what is TIFTing?

Have a great workout and and even better day!

Linda

Linda - HOLY CRAP girl! Look at the miles you did on that workout! 1 mile more then me. You must have been flying! Excellent job, my friend! My HRM sucks!

Morning Maniacs! Yesterdays workout was Push/Pull and my shins are sooooo sore (from that rolling the ball on your feet thingy) and I'm walking around all funny like Larry the Cable Guy. I wanted to go on a bike ride but couldn't find the tire pump. Hopefully, I'll beable to get out on the bike today. It's supposed to be nice out. If that doesn't work out, I'll do CC# 2, the original with all the hill climbs. So looking forward to spring!

Lora- Sounds like you are having fun with the KB's. They look fun!

Linda-Nice job on CC #7! How fast were you flying...I mean running?

Debbie- You must sweat some kind of anti-HRM venom! 77! No way! Burn the HRM!!!

Hi to everyone else!!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Actually, I didn't think I was going that fast at all, because running is not my thing and I am not very good at it YET! But anyway on the hill climbs I did about 5 to 5.2 mph and on the sprints 7 - 6.7 mph (the reason I wrote this one backwards is because by the end of the workout I was too tired to maintain the 7, didn't need to either for my HR) I also maintained the 5 mph during the rests for the most part.

Dallys - It's so great to see you again! I didn't think you were talking to us any more! LOL! How have you been?

Linda

Good Morning:)
I'm almost done with Feb's rotation. I'm on the last week. But have to change it around a bit instead of my rest day on Wed. I have to make it Sat, to much stuff going on. Yesterday was 4DS double cardio, this mornin i'm getting ready for S&H legs and chest plus complet core from CM. I did like this rotation very much;-)
Great workouts everyone better get to working out, moving very slow this morning!
Randi

Dallys - GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!!

Linda - This is how I did the workout this morning. For the first challenge I ran at a 5.7 mph for the three minutes and then for the 3 minutes inbetween I raised my incline to a 5 and did a fast walk at 3.7. This is where my HR kept dropping to 77 but I do have to say, I felt very calm and it was like I wasn't working hard at all. I can see my HR dropping to around 120 but not 77 at this point. With Challenge 2 I did the sprints at 6.0-6.5 and the hill climbs I did at 10% incline and 3.7 mph. So you are going much faster then I am. I can't run fast for very long. I feel like a wimp!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Turkey Meatloaf; 2 tbsp. pecans
M4: Plain yogurt w/ Banana Nut Bread BSN
M5: Potato crusted Cod; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1610.5 calories (low but the turkey meatloaf is definitely higher in calories then what I'm documenting.)

49 g. fat - 27%
148 g. protein - 37%
147 g. carbs - 36%
[/font]

Toasty - thanks for the soap link....but I best not click on it, as I have 2 bags of Villainess I need to use!! LOL. Are you still doing your P90X+ rotation?

Linda - Yes, Amy does Intervals but I wouldn't really compare her workouts to Imax. Sometimes, when I do Amy's - I repeat the intervals twice for a harder workout. I did this recently with Hi/Lo Dome and it was excellent. I think you'll like Amy's cardio....as it's not mindless and even some of the simple moves are strung together in combos so you're constantly thinking. TIFTing....is "taking it from the top". Amy does not do a lot of that. Some people tend to hate repetition like that.....thus the reason I mentioned it. Patrick's step would definitely be a challenge coreography wise. He loves turns...which makes it both fun but really hard to learn. If I try Step Appeal a few more times and get as frustrated as I did last time, I might be selling my copy for dirt cheap!! LOL. I really like Patrick's Weight/Cardio circuit workouts. They incorporate functional fitness and are really a nice compliment to Cathe's traditional weight training. I think you won't be sorry if you try an Amy! I'll be interested to see what you think if you do. I hate recommending things cuz everyone is different and some people get so used to Cathe...they really don't enjoy anyone else..........and I'm NOT like that. I enjoy lots of variety....if you haven't noticed.

Lora,

Yes, I was suppose to do Kenpo today so I substituted KPC instead cuz I just don't like Kenpo. Tomorrow I go into my 8th week so will start Chest/Back. I am picking up my glasses tomorrow. I need them so I can see better close up. I never had glasses before so this is gonna be different.

You don't know what your missing if you don't look at that site. Full of victorian gothic type bathery stuff. So much sin!!!! lol.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.