Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday Feb 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did P90X Kenpo X+ and part of Michelle Dozois' Rockin' Body Cardio. Workout was 54" and I burned 511 calories. I had a moderately hard workout and was able to get my HR above average....but not as high as I would have liked it. I felt like I was dragging a bit. Didn't get much sleep last night.....or any night for that matter.

Have great workouts everyone.

ETA: Question for anyone here that's ever had a Temp to Hire job. How long did it take for them to put you on their payroll? Just curious as to what the norm is.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is my rest day..going SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need some new shorts and some new music so that is the plan!!!

Have great workouts!!!

This morning was cardio. I pulled out Cardio Coach #4. I still think this one is the hardest. I felt like my legs had lead in them with the first challenge. After that it got better. I just really struggle with this workout.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]50 minutes
40 minutes in zone
301 calories burned
3 miles travelled
[/font]

Then I did Muscle Endurance Abs. Love that ab work! It uses an 8# med ball.

Char - Have fun shopping! Let us know what music you get! I'm always up for new stuff!

Morning Maniacs,

Today was cardio and I overslept so I did DS Bootcamp for a short but intense workout. I would have to say that after doing cardio coach for a while 4 DS Bootcamp didn't seem as hard. Still no DOMS from yesterday's workout, except my right forearm is stiff. That could be from the chin ups or perhaps the CPR class I took last night, probably both.

DianeSue - Thanks for the info. How much glucosamine should you take? I think I'd like to try it.

Debbie - Nice job on CC #4. I love that one, but sure is tough. I was dying on Tuesday. BTW, when you measure your heart rate zone what do you set the bottom level to percentage wise?

Sandy - Nice job on the workout last night! Mad at myself because I got stuck in training last night so didn't get dinner until 10pm and by then I was starving so I ate way to much then had to go to bed! Even had a little bit of chocolate and I don't want to go there, because it sets me not to stop. If you know what I mean! I have to be really good today!

Nice workouts ladies, have a great day....

Linda

Good Morning, I just got back from dd's office. She removed a fat tumor off of my head. She had to cauterize a blood vessel so no exercise for the next 3 days. This morning before I went I did Seasun Zeigar's Bosu Blast stopping at the abs and Kelly Coffey's Cardio Kick Step Box premix horizontal step stopping at the abs. I was planning on doing the abs to both of these and yoga this afternoon but that is out now. Guess that means a foced recovery LOL

Linda, here is a link to the glucosmine chondroitin supplement I take. It is 1500 mg glucosamine and 1200 mg of chondroitin. It took about 6 weeks before I really noticed that it was helping my finger joints. It improved more from there. My son in Law has had a knee injury and has been taking glucosamine chondroitin for 7 years now and says it works for him.
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Glucosamine-Chondroitin-Double-Strength

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Linda - I take Glucosomine for my knees. I don't think it would do anything for wrist issues. However, if you aren't taking it, I totally recommend it. My HR zones are on that sheet I sent to you with the Cardio Coach workouts. Our zones should be about the same.

Lora - I think the people here at work just get sick of saying anything to me. Most of the time I get compliments on how good my foods smell. LOL!

Sandy - Nice workout yesterday! Wow on the Hammer Grip Front Raises! That is some great weights you're using for that exercise. Glad you are liking this rotation!

Wow, this checkin is slow today. Where is everyone? Dallys, where are you girl?? Anne, we miss you!!!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Chestnut Stew; 1 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. power pb
M5: Mango Talapia; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein Pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1963.5 calories
71 g. fat - 33%
171 g. protein - 35%
156 g. carbs - 32%
[/font]

Happy with this ratio today.

Hey Maniacs!!!

I was so damn hungry inbetween shopping. I had 20 piece chicken nuggets from Chik-Fil-A (real meat, not processed), salad and fruit cup. I got 2 cute bermuda shorts...one light beige and the other brown. I got 2 cargo style shorts from Target (alittle longer in length as I am tired of shorts with 0 inseam and butt cheeks hang out. lol. I also got a nice top. I was so hungry that I didn't get a chance to check out any cd's. I just wanted to eat! lol.

Coni is suppose to be by tomorrow as I will be meeting her for first time. Weather is gonna suck from what I hear now...hope not. I hope it won't be too bad.

O.k. so here is what I had so far today to eat:

Meal 1: Kelloggs Protein Plus cereal
Meal 2: 3 eggs, lite wheat toast w/little butter
Meal 3: see above (lol)
Meal 4: Protein Shake
Meal 5: No clue yet....meat and veggie

Deb,

Never had Chestnut stew. Sounds different.

Everyone is doing really great with their workouts!!!! I think I will stay on track and just finish the week 7. Hubby says I should. I can't wait for it to be over with. I am ready for new things.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Got the new Luxuria bath oil. It smells exactly like Hot Topic. I like it very much though. It really makes your skin feel very silky smooth.

Hello Everyone!

Today was my rest day! I actually kind of miss it, I don't want to feel like I have to w/o every day, but I don't want a rest day to get me in a bad habit. Hope that made some sense!

Linda - I know exactly what you mean with chocolate and eating late. That has happened to me many times! UGH! Sorry you got home late, and had to eat late, were you good today??? Good going on your workout today. I'm still sore from my w/o last night. I don't know anything about DOM's, I just know my body is probably in total SHOCK from working it like I have.

Debbie - Maybe I did the hammer grip front raises wrong? I thought my weight was weak, you don't think so? Thanks anyway, I really love this rotation! Keep them coming! I would love to get an eliptical or a treadmill so I could do some of the CC's you talk about, they sound interesting!

Charlotte - Today was my rest day too. I want to go shopping, gonna have to wait til the weekend though. I love the cargo shorts! I can stand the little short shorts (on me). Not a pretty sight! Have a great time with Coni tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.