Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday 5-22

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Live & Kick Punch and Jam. I did the turbo's twice through on each. Workout was 60" and I burned 589 calories.

I also did Dharma Yoga for Stress Relief.

I work 11-7 pm today.....so I've got some things I have to take care of this morning. Leaving for Vegas bright and early in the AM.

Have great workouts everyone.

This was my last cardio session now until my rest week is over so I went out with a bang! I had an excellent workout. I was full of energy and instead of slowing down my speeds towards the end, I raised them up. It was fun!

I did one of my Cardio Coach mixes. This one is a major calorie burner! This is what it entailed:

[font color=red]Did a warmup and steady state that equaled 8 minutes.
Challenge #1 from CC #6c
Steady State
Challenge #1 from CC #4
Steady State
Challenge #4 from CC #6c
Steady State
Challenge #2 from CC #5
Cool down
[/font]

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]1 hr. 3 min.
50 minutes in zone
434 calories burned!!!!
4 miles travelled
[/font]

Morning,

Last night, S&H Chest & Back:

Chest:
Bench press 50/50/55
Flyes – 40/40/30
Incline BP 55/60/55
Incline Flyes – 30/40/40
Push ups – 2ct down 6 ct up (8)

Back
Lat Rolls - 30’s 8ct up
Lat Rolls single arm 2 sets 20/15
Pull Over – 15/20/20
Dead lefts – 55/40/55
Supermans
Planks 1 2 3

This morning: slow steady jog

Cardio Stats:
40 minutes
271 calories burned
2.38 traveled

Tonight, Butts & Butts leg blast + floorwork.

Good morning. I have so much to do today. Didn't get home till 12am from work last night. I hate working nights sometimes. I am going to try like hell to get a WO in today....but I have sooooo much to do. I am leaving this afternoon and coming back Sunday night.
So don't you ladies have to much fun without me!!! Miss ya's, and have a great weekend if I don't get back later today!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~
~AGAIN~
5/7/08

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am gonna work my shoulders. I honestly have never had my arms so damn sore that I could not hardly push a mower so now that things have calmed down some, and the soreness has lessened, I am gonna be able to do what I wanted to do yesterday..today. lol.

Meg,

Your making me laugh about your neighbors this morning on myspace. hehe. I have had horrible neighbors too once upon a time. Know what your going thru. Got much to do also as I have to work tonight and clean too. Have fun!

Debbie,

Sounds like a fun workout. Great burn, girl! Your getting more burn lately, I have noticed.

Teddygirl,

Most excellent workout. Way to go.

Lora,

Great workout, girl. Damn, you make me tired....almost 600 cals you burned!!! Gosh! Have fun in Vegas. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!!! hehe

Morning Maniacs,

No workout for me today, but I did go out and work in my yard this morning for an hour before breakfast. I am redesigning one of my flower beds so this mornings tasks included hauling dirt and a lot of digging.

Debbie - Nice burn!

Teddy - Nice workout!

Lora - Really glad to hear the job is going so well! Enjoy your trip!

Meg - Your doing great! Have fun this weekend!

Char- Awesome workouts as usual!

Waves "HI" to all the rest!

Linda - Have you been receiving my emails? I sent one yesterday and this morning. Just checking. Not sure I have a good email address for you but I think I do.

Good morning Ladies - this is what I did today

Incline DB Press 25 lb DBs 3sets 8 reps
Three Point DB Row 25 lb DBs 3sets 8 reps

Romanian Deadlift 60 lb barbell (had a hard time holding at the end) Swiss Ball Crunch
this was a superset for 12 reps each for 10 minutes

Step Up Superset with DB swing - 12 and 12 for 10 minutes
I used 1 25 lb DB and this really winded me.

Interval
3 rounds of Maximum intensity for 2 minutes followed by easy recovery for 2 minutes.

I did jump squats on the BOSU and it was fun and challenging.

I forgot to wear my HR monitor so I don't know how many calories I burned.

Have a great everyone

Debbie and Linda[b/]

What is the glove you all were looking at for dead lifts that helps hold the bar? I had a hard time today after the first few sets.

Thanks!

Lora: You heard this saying, “What goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas” :+ have a wonderful time:D I’ve never been to Vegas who knows maaaaaaaybe one dayx(

Toasty: Thank you! Enjoy your workout:7

Debbie: Niiiices mix;) Tried BSN in oatmeal this morning, this stuff is GOOD, reminds me of a cinnamon bun. I couldn’t find the scooper so I used 3 big tbsp to one packet of oatmeal, it was little on the pasty side, but every good.

Meg: Have a great time:D .

SheWolf: You got your workout in this morn;)

I finished my workout. Have my grandbaby here today:D
This morning before I took children to school I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dome W/up and cardio stopped at the cooldown and did the intervals only premix minus the w/up. Then I did Tracey Staehle's Core Blast adding resistance with weighted gloves and jolie shoe weights. I held 15# dumbbells on crunches and wore a 20# weighted vest for the planks. Total calories burned today were 811. My Max hr was 96%(during some intervals) Min HR was 68%. Calories burned were 50% fat. Starting to learn the different features of my HR monitor:)
So far today meals were
post cardio: protein shake with 1/2 serving biochem protein powder, coffee, soymilk and General Foods International coffee sugar free decaf
After workout: I had 1 cup strawberries, 6 oz vanilla light and fit yogurt and 1/2 a serving biochem pro powder
lunch: flounder (burned it while feeding baby:( so a small piece, and salad with honey mustard dressing

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Ally - I did by versagripps and they are DA BOMB! I have two different sets of hooks and hate them both! Although, recently I've started working out "naked" and only use the versagripps when I need grip assistance. Either way they are great. Now a question for you...I see this morning you did DB swings was that in place of KB swings? How does that work? Are they a good substitute?

Debbie - Sorry Deb! Yes I did get your emails, I just haven't had the chance to respond. Honestly, I haven't even looked at the rotation yet.

Meals for today:

M1: 1/2 sports protein drink (this stuff is loaded with sugar):eek:
M2: 3 tbsp of BSN cinnamon mixed w/1 packet of oatmeal (I like this stuff, nice change) and 1/3c of ff milk
M3: 2 hebrew national ff hot dogs w/1 wheat bun, mustard
M4: apple& string cheese
M5: 1/2 boneless chicken breast w/collard greens & tomato (yesterday dinner)
M6: spinach salad, green pepper, onions, cottage cheese, carrots, pineapple, croutons

Yes - it is in place of a kettle bell. I think it depends on the dumbbell you have as to if is a good substitute. I think if you have the dumbbells like at a gym, where it is one big piece it would probably work well. I have those types but only to 10LBs. I have adjustable dumbbells that get me to 25lb and it was quite awkward with that one because of the bulkiness of it. Also, my wrists are feeling so fatigued! I hope I am not getting arthritis or something. I will check out these versagrips. Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.