Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday 11-23

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

I just got up a bit ago. I don't feel good and don't feel like working out so, I think I'll pull out my Seasun SUS.....maybe it will help. I had an okay time last night, but not great. Our seats were sort of far back and while I was in the bathroom, right before BC came on....they let a bunch of people go stand in the orchestra pit right up front. When I came back and saw, I went up and asked Security if I could go up there with my niece and they said no, you had to be there when they did it. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now, I REALLY can't wait for Monday.....I hope I can get out of work early so I can be there when doors open so I can claim my spot up front.

BC just isn't the same when they're not in your face!! LOL. This was a pretty mild crowd. The theater was actually gorgeous. It was an old theatre with lots of character. Even the opening band commented on it a few times. Mercy Fall, was the opening band and they rocked. I actually bought a CD after the show for $10. The current single they play on rock radio by them is called Insurmountable. I like the song.....they just started playing it around here.

My niece didn't really have that good of a time either....so that's another reason I didn't. Her and her boyfriend were fighting. I guess I made matters worse, cuz this morning I discovered he left her 2 messages on my cell phone....which I never even glanced at all night.....and he wanted her to call him. I better call her later to make sure she's okay.

I'm off to workout. I'll be back later.

Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

I (DH) downloaded CC 5 last night. Getting ready to do it now. Had a friend and her 22 year old DD over for hot tubbing last night. Didn't get to bed until 11:30. :( I wanted to get up much earlier today but was afraid I might get a migraine if I got too little sleep. I'm just getting so smart. :) I also want to take the dogs for a good walk before peeps arrive. I'm starting to feel the pressure. Didn't get those potatoes peeled. So I better go work out. It's a long one - like an hour! Yay!

Lora - sorry you didn't have a good time and that you don't feel good and that you hate Thanksgiving. I hope you can try to have a good day since you don't have to work.

Hi to all who follow!!! I'm gonna watch the Macy's Day Parade when I'm cooking LOVE to do that. I'm recording it. I a nerd.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good Morning, I am getting ready to put the turkey in the oven. Evryone will be here this afternoon. I plan on doing Cardio Coach #5 on my treadmill and a stretch tape. My shoulders & lats are sore this morning for some reason. The only thing I can think of that did that was the first time though Drill Max yesterday I used 10# on the side lateral/walking lunges and a 8 # on the first cardio segment. I sure would not have thought that would do it though. Everything else was lower body.

Lora, I hope Monday is more fun for you. Not checking yout messages is something that could happen to most of us. Maybe by the time you talk to your neice her and her boyfriend will have straightened things out. Maybe SUS will make you feel better:)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone:)
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Well - everyone (so far) sounds like they're getting into the festivities of Turkey Day. Yes, sorry........can't say I like anything about this day....but I'm not trying to be negative. I can appreciate the people who actually like Turkey!! LOL. On a positive note, I LOVE sweet potatoes with apple pieces, nuts and marshmallows on top. That will be my favorite thing today. I don't want to pig out though!! I ate some chocolate over the last few days cuz my DH brought a box of chocolates home!!

I did Seasun's SUS for about 50 minutes. My HR was in the high 150's to low 160's. I can always count on having fun doing that one and burning some calories - 369. I then did the mini 10 minute yoga workout off of Dusk Yoga for Beauty with Rainbeau. It was a tease. I wanted to do a whole session but we have to go to 2 families today so I've got to jump in the shower and get ready to go, and I'm working tomorrow....yuk! At least I have BC to look forward to on Monday and then it's back to my normal, mundane life.

I'm worried about my niece cuz her boyfriend is a jerk, controlling and I'm not sure what he did when she got home cuz the message he left on my recorder was sort of negative and he was upset with her. I can't believe he actually left it on my phone. I better go get ready.

I'll be back.

Lora- I hope your niece is alright and that they worked things out. I hope you feel better and that you wind up enjoying the day. Great WO!

Suz- you make me laugh everytime I read your posts!! Get to peeling those potatoes woman!

DS- I hope you have a wonderful day with your family today!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Enjoy!

I keep saying I will WO tonight. I am planning on it. CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO!!! LOL!!!!

BBL!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good morning ladies.
The hairspray got to my muscles... I am so sore it is not even funny and it is only going to get worse. No w/o last night.I figured i would get all my stuff ready to just cook and w/o this morning, but i still can berly move my arms. LOL.
You know i increased it.WOW!!!
We brought the grandson home, so i am attending to him. He has a belly ache. He probably needs to poopie..LOL
My DH put the turkey in the smoker at 4am. It said 9 hrs for a 24# and it is almost done, so i am going to loose my oven, Darn it.
I am going to try to do some lower body tonite after dinner. If i can lift the weights..

Have a great Turkey DAY!!!!

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning Maniacs!!

I have some very good DOMS in my biceps today, oh yes I do!!! I love working them in the negative fashion. Works like a charm every time! I need to work shoulders here soon and work my abs on my own. Turkey is in the oven. Pies were made and my brother will be the last one to show up today. He is always late. My entire family is coming except for my BIL's whom I am not fond of anyways}(

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs! Taking a rest day today, just been doing my Avon stuff and getting ready to go to the in-laws for dinner.

Suz - let me know how you like CC #5. Thats the only one I need to get now.

Char - cool on the bicep soreness! I haven't had that with the negatives, not sure why?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Eat healthy!

I did CC #5 for the first 50 minutes and then instead of the cooldown I took the dogs for a run. I was going to walk them, but I wanted them to get as much bang for their buck as possible since it will be hard for them to have to sit behind the doggie gate and watch us all today. So much excitement. We walked the first 8 minutes, ran 30 then walked 3 mainly to try to calmly get away from my neighbors dogs who wanted to get us.

Diane Sue - weird that you're sore! Have fun hosting today!

Lora - sounds like things are a little better for you. Enjoy those sweet potatoes and smack your niece's boyfriend!!!

Meg - yeah, look at me - still behind and sitting here. But I'm trying to cool down before my shower! :) Have a great CARDIO workout tonight and a wonderful day!

Storm - BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO DROP ANY HEAVY FOOD WITH THOSE SORE ARMS!!!!!

Char - congrats on the DOMS! I ADORE my sister, but yesterday she says, "So we're eating at 2 right? Should I be there at 1:30 then?" SURE!!! I'LL DO EVERYTHING! And I picked up the pies for her yesterday b/c she was working. But I did offer. :) I love her to pieces though.

Debbie - Eat healthy? Oh, okay. Sure. Let me go write that down so I don't forget! LOVED CC #5. For some reason it seemed like a calm workout but my HR was 181 on all of the challenges which is really good. Highly recommended. More on the lion and the gazelle later. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Randi - I hope you have a great day despite what you're going through.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Suz - You did CC #5 and then ran for 30 minutes? Holy crap woman! I give you permission to eat whatever it is your little heart desires!!! 181 is high for me, my highest zone is around 165, when I hit 170 I'm about ready to have a heart attack. I'm doing CC #4 tomorrow, looking forward to it!

Happy Turkey Day!
I got Butts and Guts from my mom today! So I did that this morning. I did the whole thing it was so much fun and I can tell my butt and abs is going to be so sore. I cant wait to do the premixes it looks like there is different workouts in the premixs.
Have a good day everyone
Randi

Debbie - I know. I am woman, hear me roar! :) You all do workouts like this all the time though, so that's what I kept telling myself as I was running along, crying. Actually, I can't believe I didn't feel like crying. Not sure what got into me. It was the sacrifice for my kids (I know they're dogs, but they're all I've got as far as that goes :)).

Randi - How sweet of your mom. Mom's know what's best, don't they? I just want to commend you for continuing your workouts. I'd probably just be a big blubbering blob on the couch. You're a very strong and amazing woman! I hope you have DOMS tomorrow! ;)

I'M GOING TO PEEL POTATOES NOW!!!!!

Suz

Thank you Suz:) MY mom was going to give me the rest of the workouts for xmas but I think she felt sorry for what I'm going through so she gave me B & G this morning that was real sweet of her. Working out is my #1 priority nothing will get in my way for that especially a man! I've came a long way to try to look like my idle (cathe)I'm not going to let my hard work go down the drain!
You guys are great!
ps my legs are already sore?! WTF?
Randi

I finished my workout. I did Cardio Coach 5 and kept at it for 1 hr 10 min. I ran 5 3/4 miles. Then I did Stretch Max with the Ball.
Hadn't eaten anything so had some fruit salad after I put it together. I already know this will not be a healthy eating day. I eat loads of stuffing and turkey on Thanksgiving. Love the Yams. No getting around it I will eat:D

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I am with you on the eating DS!! I have already had a healthy helping of Shrimp, and I am by no means done. I am pacing myself. I have to have pie later!

Way to go Suz!! I wish I had some dogs to walk to use as a good excuse to get my butt outside more!!! I could put a leash on the kids and tell them to go!! LOL!! Just kidding!

I have all day to plan my WO. I just hope I can move by tonight! I am feeling some nice DOMS settling in. Mainly shoulders and chest. Not feeling it in my bis though! Darn.

Randi--I love your attitude! Glad you had a good WO. Enjoy your day, you deserve it!!

Charlotte- I am jealous of your bicep DOMS! I should really try the negative thing more. Enjoy your dinner and family too!

Deb- enjoy your rest too, and family!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hey Thanksgiving Maniacs! I've got most everything ready. DH has the Turkey(just a breast) and stuffing to do, but he's working out right now.:) I'm waiting till he's done. I'm going to have to do CC#5 on the bike 6 times to burn off all my calories today...LOL! I'm already snacking on chips and crackers and dip! Just gonna let loose today, I guess.:)DD and DS-in-law will be here around 5:00.

Lora-
To bad about not getting up close at the concert. Hope the next one is better for you. I also hope that your neice is ok. I over used my microdrem sponge and my face is all stingy!! I put lotion on it and YOWEEEY! Now I know what not to do.:)

Suz-
What a workout! No way I'm going to top you on this one. Bet the dogs are happy. My dog is all miserable with her diaper still on. I think she gets cramps...no lie. My highest heartrate is around 74, and that's when the cheeta has caught me and is ready to eat me. LOL!

Diane Sue-
Here you are snaking on fruit and I'm eating chips and crackers. LOL! Great workout you had. I wish I could run for over an hour. My knees can't handle it. I have to walk/run.:( But, my knees like the bike alot better.

Anne-
Sorry you are so sore! Darn those updos and that hairspray! Your smoked turkey sounds wonderful! I hope you have a fun day with GS and I hope he poopies and feels better.:)

Bionic Toasty-
Way to go on the bicep DOMS. Can you believe my biceps are still sore from Kenpo a couple of days ago? I must have really been workin' it! Have fun with the fam today.:)

Debbie-
Enjoy your rest day and all the family stuff. And forget about the healthy eating today, impossible, just can't do it.}(

Randi-
Glad your mom gave you another workout! Good for her.:) Yeah, you don't need no man gettin' in the way of all your hard work. S*r#w him!

Meg-
You can come walk my dog. She is all neglected and feeling sorry for herself. LOL! Have fun with the family today and keep that food paceing going. That's what I'm doing.:)

Talk to ya all later...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Just finished up CC #5. I did the first 2 challenges on the St. Bike and my calf started cramping, so I finished up on the treadmill. The workout only went 45 min. so I pulled a Diane Sue and Debbie and stayed on for the full hour.:) I then finished up with the CC stretch. Total time. 1 hr. 10 min. I burned 304 cal. was in my zone for 54 min.

Question on CC #5: Is there 2 or 3 hill climbs in the first challenge? My ipod has 2 and it seems like it skips and maybe there is a 3rd hill that I'm missing.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Well, i barely ate. I had a salad and a slice of turkey and steamed veggies.
Then i did have a couple bites of vanilla bean cheesecake.
By the time i was done cooking, i was not hungry. I spend the day waiting on everone.
I just did butts and guts.
I had to do something. Arms and chest still hurt, but, i will live.
Smoked turkey is really good.Sent most of the leftovers home w/ everyone.
There is still a whole pie here.....
Gonna go get lazy and have a glass of wine.
Randi, you will feel it tomorrow....
LOL
Happy turkey day...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

I ate really good today just turkey and green beens and water thats it! I couldnt splurge i would feel so guilty:(
randi

Great workouts, everyone!!! You all did so well. I'm back from my feast and didn't do too bad with eating, but I'm really full right now so I know I went WAY over my calories. Oh well, such is life. Tomorrow is a cardio coach day so I'll burn it off then.

Have a great evening everyone! I'm thankful for all of you and love this checking! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.