Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday 10-5

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I overslept a bit (didn't hear my alarm for a while). I did Tracey Staehle's Kickbox Challenge. If this was a normal day and I had my full hour for cardio - I would have repeated a few segments to make this longer. This was only a moderate cardio for me. My HR was in the high 140's to 150. I could make my HR go higher by adding a bit more impact, but I figured I'd make this a lighter day and do cardio on my rest day this week instead. I added a bit of propulsion and jumping to the movements - as kickboxing never seems to make my HR climb very high (except TurboJam and some Cathe's). I was hoping this would be a bit longer and a bit more challenging. Don't get me wrong. I liked it and will enjoy it. I think if you did the entire 90 minute workout with sculpting - it would be good workout.

I haven't been sleeping well since I've been back to work and I haven't been feeling well. I'm really having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I feel old........thus my midlife crisis continues. My birthday's this weekend (which doesn't help).

Sandy - Nice to see you back and so glad you still have a job. Our hospital is not doing well and is headed to bankruptcy. We had a company that was going to buy us, but they backed out because our Union employee's filed arbitration and were giving them grief - so they pulled out. Now - we're headed on the downward spiral again. Nobody knows if we're going to make it, but if we do - a lot of people will lose their jobs due to downsizing. It's a stressful environment.

Charlotte - You are too hard on yourself about being on the smaller side. You want to bulk up so badly, but you should look at the positive side of that - at least you don't tend toward being too bulky and fat!! You look good......so cut yourself some slack. How many aerobics are you planning on doing per week? Don't get me wrong - I also understand how hard it is to build muscle on my ectomorph upper body!!

Have great workouts and I'll try to check in from work.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did my strength training and I also worked my abs later in the evening (various moves from my abs diet book).

Today no workout. Going to GNC and getting some more protein powder and some other stuff. Then I have to get groceries.

Lora,

I think you are being hard on yourself too!!!! lol. How can you feel old when alot of workouts can't even get your heart rate up enough? You sound like your going to turn 15!!!!! I know..I am hard on myself too. Very hard. I like the way I look, but I just want alittle more muscle and I love to bike ride so I have problems!!! I think I am just going to completely not go biking once the cold weather sets in and focus on muscle. No cardio whatsoever and see where that gets me....mental institution maybe???lol. I may need to just take walks or I will go crazy. I am gonna try some supplements from GNC and see what happens. I won't take anything bad, ya'll know that.

Your boss is probably giving you nightmares...that is why you can't sleep! So how tall are you, if your ectomorph?

Diane Sue,

Your workouts kick butt everytime!

Marietta,

You always know the right things to say. I agree with you. I hope you are starting to feel better.

Hey to everyone else. Be back later

Charlotte~~

I forgot to ask some of you this...
What is the bosu ball for and if you have one, do you like it? Hubby was asking me about it last night, but I don't know anything about it.

Lora,

BTW, I am wearing "Love Me" today. Smells exactly like coca cola syrup. Like that smell. Fire of Love is the one that isn't for me. I lose track of them as I am starting to get a collection now too. lol.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - I'm 5'6 and 3/4 inches. I'm an ecto on top but I carry a bit more weight from the waist down (rounder butt - member the JLo butt comment?). I'm not large enough to consider myself a classic "pear" shape though because I don't think I'm that much out of proportion. My troubled areas are lower belly, hips, thighs and butt which all need to lose some fat. I have hardly any body fat from the waist up, but it is VERY hard for me to build muscle also.

I have a bosu and I love it. It is very challenging. You just reminded me that I need to break it out. I hadn't been using it cuz I was doing P90X and then I sort of forgot about it. Ab work on it is KILLER. I'm not kidding. It's totally different than just doing it on a ball. Aerobics are also very hard cuz you have to balance (use your core). It's fun for aerobics cuz it's bouncy and I like to bounce. Check out Bosu.com. The have pic's. I got mine there. I bought the original one, not the Sport version.

This morning I had another great full body workout. Did 4 sets of pyramids in superset fashion. 1 minute rest between each superset. I even did squats because my knee feels great but kept it light. This is what I did:

SS #1
Incline Dumbbell Rows: 22's/15 - 27's/12 - 32's/8 - 37's/5
Incline Dumbbell Press: 27's/15 - 32's/10 - 37's/8 - 42's/5

SS #2
Squats - 65#/15 - 70#/12 - 75#/10 - 80#/5
Side Lateral Raise: 12's/15 - 15's/12 - 17's/9 - 20's/6

SS #3
Zottman Curls (love these): 12's/15 - 15's/12 - 20's/8 - 25's/5
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extensions: 12's/15 - 15's/10 - 17's/10 - 20's/6

Total workout was 55 minutes, I was in my zone for 40 minutes and burned 266 calories.

I didn't get a chance to be online much yesterday and the same will probably happen today. I did read all your workouts yesterday and you all did great!!! :)

Hope you all have great workouts today as well!

Hi Sandy, Nice to meet ya.
Lora , 140=160 is great for a w/o. You only want to hit thee 180's on a sprint. Not for the entire time. You will blow your heart out.
Hospitals are always going under , so they say.They will be fine. They are probably trying to get rid of some exec.

Char, Oprah was sad.
I had it on and saw parts. I saw the boy that tried to blow his face off.....

Deb, build them muscles girl.

Ok, Char, made a big pot of turk burger cabbage rolls and cooked them all night. I have not eaten after 5 for 2 days.. I took food w/me to work.
I did have 1/2 oz of cheddar cheese after i worked out.
Tell you in a week if it is making a difference.

Last night i did GS chest and tri's and 45 min steady run on the treadmill. 4.5-5 mph. I had me in a numbness by the time i got off.
Hr was around 140-148 most of the time and i blew 450 cal.
I have to do my weights 1st or am too tired for them after cardio.

Tonite is back and bi, then cardio. I am trying to hit the cardio hard to drop these extra #.
I am giving me 2 months before i lay in front of a train...( just kidding).

Hey everone else have a great day.Be around later.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Sorry I am a blabbermouth this morning, but have to respond...

Debbie,

What the crap????? Your doing side laterals with 20#?????? (((HEELLLLOOOO))) Gosh, that has gotta feel great! Are you trippin' now???? LOL! You go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything else your doing is animalistic too!!!!

Anne,

Good for you. I am sure you will see a difference then. No trains unless you want to become like one and bust a move!!!

Now I gotta go put on my face and wash dishes and get out of here. Still listening to Stone Sour. Gonna wear this one out too!!!

Charlotte~~

Lora,

I thought you were the one that had one, but wasn't sure. So just for aerobics and abs. Might have to get one. Thanks for the info.

Charlotte~~

Hello Ladies,

I'm at work so have to make this quick.

Lora - I know what you must be going through, it's so scary when the company you work for is having problems and we're just waiting for the news whether good or bad. I hope things go in the right direction for you and something better comes out of it for you, you don't need all the stress we have enough of that right? Hope you have a great day! :)

Charlotte - It's hard to cut out the cardio isn't it, maybe if you need to do cardio you could just do 20 minutes of something??? Just a thought. How is it going with your house? Good luck getting some supplements from GNC I hope you find something that's gonna help ya gain some mass.

Debbie - Nice w/o girl. You rock with your weight training. I need to get some advice from you soon. I just need to get back into good first and make my commitment!!! :) I feel so much better that I'm back into it though, i did PP last night and got a good burn in each muscle I worked. :7

Anne - Hi, nice to be back! These ladies will have to keep me straight and they can do it, that's why I'm back and trying to take out the time to visit again. Sounds like you had a good w/o and a nice one planned for tonight. The food sounded good too, making me hungry!

Tonight for me is some form of cardio, don't know which yet. It's gonna be a kickbox though I think maybe Kickmax and I'm gonna try to do the WHOLE thing! }(

Marietta - Hey! It's great to be back too!

Okay i've got to get back to work, but hello to everyone else to follow, I'll be back, but probably after work!

Good Morning,
Today is cardio, abs and yoga/stretch for me. I wish I didn't sleep so late lately.

Lora, how can you feel old. You look young!!! You can do way more than a lot of teenagers. You should be proud of yourself. As far as your hospital going under, I don't think I have ever heard of that actually happening.

Maeghan, Lora, I know what you mean about the cardio. It almost always relieves my morning headaches and stiffness. When we go on vacation. I am usually stiff and sore all over. Even after a couple of weeks.

Sandy, good to have you back.

Debbie, good workout. I could not imagine the 20# laterals.

Charlotte, enjoy your day shopping etc.. I have that ab diet book. There are a couple of moves in there that I use off and on. I think Marietta also has a BOSU.

Goldenrun, when I gain weight it is always in the lower half:) I think I have read that this is usually the last place to lose the fat for most of us. Diet and lots of fat burning exercise is what works for me.

Hi to everyone
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Hi Ladies!
This morning i'm doing Hardcore extreme the 3rd workout and core max 3. I still have a sore throat any one have any suggestions of what you take to help the pain!
Thank you
Randi

Ann - No seriously - our hospital is the only other large hospital in a small city and the other hospital is taking us out of commission. We have been on the news daily (for about 6 months now) and we hired a company to turn us around. They've already let 300 people go - mostly higher ups so far. It's not just a little housecleaning. we had some bad executives running this place for a long time and they ran in into the ground. I am positive though that even if we file bankruptcy - we'll be okay cuz they'll only do it to follow suit of the big wigs doing it so they can stop the Unions from controlling them!

Diana Sue - thanks for telling me I look young. I appreciate that. I just feel like I missed out on so much of my life when I was in "active addiction". Those were supposed to be my young/crazy years and I was hardly conscience for them!! I always tell my Mom that those years I spent "numb" preserved my youthful appearance....couple with lots of exercise since I've been clean. Just kidding about the first part. I'm lucky I don't have the wrinkles of an 80 year old for the life I lead in my 20's. Can't say I haven't sewn my wild oats though. If you've heard about it, I've done it

Sandy - thanks for the kind words about the hospital surviving. You hang in there. I bet a merger is stressful enough.

Charlotte- I think all of us here are hard on ourselves.......thus the title Hardcore Maniacs!

better get back to work before my boss comes back and catches me!!

Morning Maniacs! I just finished ARX and TJ 20 min. workout. Later will be Legs and Back. Yesterday was Yoga X, I skipped the yoga belly 7, don't know why, just did.
A kid rolled his jeep 2 houses down from mine yesterday. He was racing his other friends in their cars down the street!!!! Any how, he was ejected from the jeep and the jeep flew through the air and landed on top of him. Neighbors had to get car jacks and lift the jeep off of him. This accident looked so bad, you'd think no one would survive, but he came out of it with only a big gash on his hip where the jeep landed on him. He took out a tree and a power box and all his stuff was scattered all over the street. No wonder car insurance for boys is so high. I'm glad the kid was ok, but I doubt he learned lessen. Just a crazy kid 16 with a licence. YIKES!

Welcome back Sandy!!!

Later guys

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hello Maniacs!!

This morning I ran a little over 3-miles on my treadmill. Gonna do back at lunch and then I have a class this evening.

Lora - sorry you're having trouble sleeping...I've had a nagging cough at night and haven't had much sleep either! You got it goin on lady...age ain't nothin but a number.

Toasty - Lora is right, you are too hard on yourself, but I know I've told you that before....I personally don't think you'd be happy cutting cardio completely out...try to cut it down abit and see how that goes. I do have a BOSU...not only can you it for cardio and abs, but you can stand on it while doing lots of weight moves and it's awesome for core strength. Lora recommended a great cardio workout I do on my BOSU...love it!!

Anne - No trains!!!

Debbie - I'm w/Toasty on the 20# lateral raised...you rock!!

Megadoo - Let us know what you end up doing today...

Sandy - Hope you have an awesome kickbox workout..let us know if you make it through!!

Diane Sue - Hope you get some rest tonight...hate when I can't sleep.

Randi - I haven't done that HCE #3 in a while...it's a killer.
Enjoy!

Dallys - that sounds like a terrible accident and that boy was really lucky. You are right though....he probably didn't learn anything from it and now probably thinks he's the stuff!! Too Bad...these young drivers scare me!!

Hi to all that follow!!

~Marietta
http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/6/875/115861329517270.gif
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Hi all.

Debbie, what are zottman curls, I've never heard of these. And I agree, 20# on shoulders, wow! No wonder I'm not seeing much definition! 12# just isn't cutting it! I'm going to have to buy more weights!

Everyone's got a good workout planned. They all sound challenging. I'm envious of those who can get it done in the AM. For me, it's harder to stick with it when I have to do it in the evening. I get side-tracked.

My workout today is an hour of total body, a class at the gym, similar to Cath'e MM, and then an hour of pilates. Hopefully it goes well and I have lots of energy.

Randi, take ibuprofen for the sore throat. And don't workout if you're running a fever. Best to rest and recover fully, then hit it hard. And, lots of fluids (which I'm sure you do anyway!) Hope you feel better soon.

Have a good one ladies. I'll check back later if able.

I finished my workout and had my protein drink:) I did I Max2 no str,2 mile treadmill run, Amy Bento abs#1&#2, 3 sets each 20 hanging knee raises with 12#, 25# wood chops on the ball 25 reps., then I put in Yoga X and did the first 18 minutes. I have grandchildren staying a while this evening so need to run and get some things done before I pick them up from school.
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

I'm back from my shopping spree at GNC and then some. lol. I got some great deals. I also stopped over at Kohl's and I got three bras and two low rise bikini panties for $15.00!!!! I had a $10 off coupon too. I did not get my oils in the mail thoughx( . They were suppose to come today.

Marietta,

I told hubby you could probably work with weights on that ball and he said I was crazy. He thinks he would fall over or something! LOL! Anyhow, sounds like your feeling better...give me some of that energy!!! Wanna leg wrestle??? lol. You'd kill me. he he.

Debbie,

Yes, what are the Zottman's?

Goldenrun,

Sounds like a nice challenging and fun workout you got planned. Enjoy!

Bionic Yoga Woman,

Wow, that is some crazy stuff about that boy. Maybe a wake up call for him, ya think?

Lora,

Yup your right! How is your day going?

Randi,

Sorry to hear your still not feeling good. Soothing cough drops and warm tea? I don't know what else to tell ya. Hope it is gone soon. Nice workouts though. Now rest.

Diane Sue,

If your body needs more sleep, then why fight it? Or do you think you got too much? When I get too much, I get a headache.

Sandy,

Nice to hear from ya again. No more news on house. Bad time of year right now...getting too close to Thanksgiving and such. No rush though. We don't have to move. Just wanted to, ya know? I don't think I have done Kickmax yet. I love KPC though. Enjoy your workout.

Charlotte~~

Hey guys. I just finished Jari's Slim and Lean. I went heavy on everything and am feeling the burn, especially in shoulders. I also did the ab section twice, and added weights.

DS- have fun with the kids, and great WO.

Marietta- I take it you like running?? I am really starting to enjoy it too

Sandy- great job getting back into it!

Deb- it is unanimous- great shoulder WO! I was definately weak in this area today!

Randi- I have used that cholorseptic spray. Helps, but temporarily. Hope you feel better soon.

Lora- so when do you think Laura is going to wake up on GH??

Dallys- that 's crazy insane about that kid!

Golden- I often WO at night too. I just started to get up and do WO's, but it is NOT everyday! Very hard!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Hey Maniacs! I'm getting ready to do Legs and back. It's raining here. We have gotten so much rain lately.

Meg, sounds like a great workout! Soon you'll be doing Diane Sue type ab workouts. :)

Toasty bionic shopping girl, What supplements did you get? Bargain on the bras and undies! I got some Bras in the mail yesterday and darned if I can't fill out a B cup. I have to send back.:(

Diane Sue, Imax 2 AND all the other stuff. You are like a Maniac! :)

Goldenrun, I hear you on the workout times. I hate working out in the morning, but I love getting it over with. I hate working out in the evening because of all the interuptions. It's like there isn't a perfect time. Your workouts sounds great today.

Marietta, Yeah, that kid will probably be bragging about how cool he is not getting hurt to bad. The cop was even stupid enough to tell him NOT wearing his seat belt probably saved his life. Crazy!

Randi, I hope you find something for your sore throut! Maybe gargle with salt water. I don't know. Morphine or something. LOL!

Sandy, I love push Pull. It's a great workout to start back with.

Anne, way to go on the food disapline! Let us know if it works.

Debbie, I think you explained the Zottman curls once, but I forgot. I think you said Cathe did something similar. You are the shoulder and chest lifting queen!

Lora, Happy Birthday this weekend! You do look great and not near your age. :)

Suz, I ordered "Vegan Planet" and also ordered "The Metabolism Advantage" by John Berardi. They probably totally counteract each other. But Maybe I'll learn something.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.