Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Nov 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Off to do Cathe's Kickbox & maybe Bootcamp and hopefully some yoga. I have another busy day planned.....so not sure how much I'll do. Be back later.

Good Morning:)
Last night I did 4DS Boot camp lower body circuit great workout:) Today might be LIS upper body circuit:)
going back to bed tired:)
Randi

I ended up doing Cathe's 4 Day Split Kickbox and Bootcamp cardio. Workout was 65" and I burned 590 calories. Boy, that kickbox is not the most fun workout, is it?

I also did Ravi & Ana's Dr. Yoga House Call - Bye Bye Back Pain 11" and Namaste Heart Opening Yoga 23".

I found a few more areas in my house that need organized....so after the grocery store this morning, must hit Walmart again and finish this project up.

Have great workouts everyone.

Randi - How have you been feeling lately? Are you able to deal with your problem since you've been home? I've been thinking about you.

Toasty- have you found any jobs to apply for yet? How's your search going?

Dallys - no, haven't seen her blog lately. I haven't really been reading it since the Lucky Charm incident! LOL. Biceps, huh??? If that's the case, I best check it out! I want me some biceps too! That's the worst and weakest part of my body....partly due to my cervical disc problem cuz of C6-7 nerve and it runs down the brachioradialis/biceps and forearm areas. I have slight numbness there also.

ETA: forgot to add that I got a nice soreness going on from that Patrick DVD yesterday. My abs and biceps....mostly...yay!

This morning was cardio. My left knee on the outside was hurting last night. Not sure why. Felt like tightness in the muscle area so I stretched it out really good and took some Aleve. Pain was gone this morning so I did Cardio Coach #1 - which I haven't done in quite some time. Had a great, short workout. When I got done, though, my knee started bothering me again. I did the ab work from Step, Jump & Pump and then did the stretch from GS Legs and it's feeling ok now. I took some more Aleve. Hope it's nothing serious. I'm done working out now until Saturday.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]36 minutes
26 minutes in zone
180 calories burned
2.17 miles travelled
[/font]

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!

Gonna do some form of cardio today and yoga too.
Here is what I did yesterday:

60 sec rest (except for biceps>went with 2 min rest) 3/5 reps

Pushups 15/15/15
Bench Press 80# 5/4/5
DB Arm Rows 40's 3/5
Squats 200# 3/5 (I thought my back would compress) lol
Deadlifts 140# 3/5
Hammer Curls 45's 3/5 (I cannot believe how easy these are becoming..I feel like a freak..its a good freaky feeling though) lol
Skull Crushers 50# 3/5

ETA: I almost forgot to add in my ab work...

3 sets/20 Hanging Knee Raises
3 sets/20 Decline Crunches
3 min plank

Diane Sue,

Got to tell you that I had this dream about you. You and your dh were getting ready to go out to dinner and you had on this lovely blue dress that you made (probably got this from Suz making her dress). Anyhow, you came over to help me with my computer (which was in the middle of an alley)lol. I had a diet sprite and I accidentally knocked it over and just a bit got on your dress. I felt bad, but you didn't mind too much. You looked radiant and I wasn't depressed about being 40 anymore. lol

Char - Wrists are good. They are almost 100% again. Knee feels good at the moment. Hey girl, EXCELLENT workout! Your numbers are really up there! Awesome on the squats and the Hammer Curls! Woo hoo!!!

Penney - Your workouts was smokin' yesterday! Great job on the leg extensions and your hamstring curls were quite impressive as well. Very nice job. And you eats are incredible. You are doing an excellent job with that. Your macros can't be more dead on. I may copy your eats for when I start cutting next spring. Excellent job! You are teaching me something now! :)

Good morning ladies! :)

DEBBIE: I was very happy with my workout yesterday. My energy is still pretty good. I remember the days when I couldn't imagine doing 100lbs on the leg extension :)
Glad to hear your wrist is better!
On the Keto - I decided to try this because I have been plateauing weight/wise and my weekends were insane. Hopefully, staying away from the massive carb-loaded foods and drinks will help keep the cravings and hunger at bay. Rick is the hardest person to diet around! ;-) He eats what ever he wants, and he loves starchy foods (don't we all). I can't change him, I am responsible for what I put into my body (as he is).
If you are interested in Keto diets, I recommend going to c-d-k.com. It is not always up, but when it is, it's full of useful information.

TOASTY: You are [font color=red]40?????[/font] No way Hosé! :eek: I would've never guessed it.

Great workouts this morning, everybody! :D

Cardio later. No weights today on my end :)

Morning Maniacs! Didn't get a morning workout in...AGAIN! Just shoot me...shoot me now!! I don't know if I'll ever get motivated for morning workouts. I used to do it all the time, back in the day. Arg! Somehow, someway, I'll do it...I will! So's anyways, weight workout later today, darnit.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I finished my workout. I did Tracey Staehle's Parts dvd premix #4 BOSU and balance, then I did Amy's Bonus Dome workout from Hi/Lo Dome. That worked out to be a pretty good total body workout. It was 1 hour and 13 minutes. I may do Rainbeau Mars Dawn Yoga Bonus workout.

Charlotte, I hope you hear back on the job. I am glad I didn't look bad in your dream LOL. I think I have a blue dress around here somewhere:) I look at your pictures and I do not see a 40 year old at all.

Dallys, it takes awhile to change schedules. You will get it eventually. I sometimes set the alarm and then set the second alarm for 15-20 min later so if I turn it off I get woke back up LOL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Yay .....finally done with my organizing project .....at least let's hope so!

The pet lovers will get a kick out of this - I just got a pair of wool lined boots and I kept walking out in the kitchen and seeing them pulled half way across the kitchen floor and I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. Well, this morning I saw little Brookie pulling it across the floor with her mouth by the wool inside. I guess she thinks she has a little Lamb friend! She's a trip! She has some strange habits.

Yesterday I had soup that was made from a seasoning packet that I mentioned with salad for lunch, dinner was mulligatawny soup (not a mix) and some blueberries with cinnamon and cinnamon roll protein powder mixed with fat free sour cream.

So far today I have had the Mulligatawny soup for lunch. I think I will eat blueberries too. Dinner will be salmon, salad, and a green vegetable:)

My Mulligatawny Soup(found it in the newspaper using turkey and potatoes and heavy cream. I adjusted it. May add more chicken next time to get a little more protein out of it.
1 medium onion, minced
1 whole carrot, peeled and diced
3 stalks celery, minced
1 whole Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
1/4 cup wild rice, cooked
1 1/2 Tablespoons curry powder
14 1/2 ounces canned tomatoes, no salt added
1/2 cup half-and-half, fat free
1 1/2 cups chicken breast, cooked and diced
6 cups water
6 packets herb ox no sodium broth
1. Spray pan with cooking spray. Add tiny bit of water celery, onion, carrots, apple and saute till softened. 7-10 minutes

2. Stir in curry powder and cook 1 minute more.

3. stir in water, broth packets, tomatoes, and bring to boil. Cook till vegetables are very tender 30 minutes

4. Puree soup in blender or food processor. Return to pan and add chicken, rice, wild rice, and fat free half n half. Simmer on low till hot and serve. Serves 7

calories 189; fat 4 gm; cholestral 1; carbohydrates 24 gm; fiber 3gm; protein 11 gm; sodium 79 21.8% fat, 53.2% carbs, 25%

Lora, that is cute about your kitty:)
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats
M3: Chicken breast w/salsa; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M5: Buffalo burger patty; salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1736.5 calories
56 g. fat - 29%
191 g. protein - 44%
121 g. carbs - 28%
[/font]

Carbs were a bit high today, but that's ok. I can see a layer of fat starting to cover my abs and I'm not liking it. But I already decided to let myself gain some weight/fat for the winter. I just have a blast cutting in the spring! Weird, I know.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Decided to go on Elliptical. Set it on EZ Resistance, Level 15, Traveled 2.8 miles and burned 260 cals within 30 mins. I was listening to the new Seether. Just a few days ago, I burned 290 cals, traveled 4.8 miles within 40 mins so I burned more cals in less time this way. Of course, my legs were burning more on a higher level.

Gonna do Namaste Yoga at 6 on fit tv. Anyone care to join me?

Eats:

#1: 3 hard boiled eggs, 1 tbsp mayo, 1/4 cup shredded cheese
#2: Salmon steak, 3/4 cup mixed veggies, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, 1 oz mixed nuts
#3: 1 Carb Master yogurt, 2 pcs string cheese, 1 oz. mixed nuts
#4: 1 salmon cup, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 1 tbsp ranch dressing
#5: Chicken breast, 3/4 cup shredded cheese, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, 1/4 cup shredded cheese

Cals: 2070 / Fat: 136.5g (59.35%) / Pro: 154g (29.76%) / Carb: 30g (5.8%)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CARDIO: 30 minutes on the treadmill, 0 incline, 2 min 3.6mph/1min 5mph intervals.
This was fun!

I also played a little w/DB's today (this is the gym at work). My shoulders are lagging some. So I decided to do a little "overtime" work on them. This really helped my biceps get stronger.

OVERHEAD DB RAISE: 10x15's
SHOUDLER PRESS (MACHINE): 50X12, 62.5X6
Here I'm trying to coax them into slightly higher weights

This is after my cardio session:
SEATED SIDE RAISES: 12x10, 8x12, 3x15
The 10's were easier than usual. It could be because it was not right after shoulder press/1-arm shoulder press that usually precedes the raises. When I think about it, that shoulder workout on Fridays is super toasty!

That was my workout fun today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.