Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Nov 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did about 45 minutes of Body Max 2 Cardio Blast Premix followed by Amy Bento's Core Work from Kickbox Extreme. I burned 327 calories from w/u to stretch. Amy's core work was mostly for back and plank work, as well as some standing core work with your tubing. (Do you ladies think that plank work can make your traps spasm? --as mine have been spasmed pretty badly lately).

ETA: I can't believe Cathe jumps in this workout since we use the higher step. I don't think I've ever done that before. I always thought you put the step higher so you didn't get any impact and still got your HR up??

I'm running late for work.......gotta go. Have great workouts.

Charlotte - I'm so mad. I lost the Trick 2 Auction cuz it was a real bidding war and i got mad and then it ended up selling for only a couple more bucks than my last bid!! I so hate E-bay right now. Also, went to place my Villainess order this AM cuz she just updated the site and I woke up to the Newsletter. Went to order the Marshmallow soap (I LOVE marshmallow) and it's all gone!!! WTH??

Megan & Debbie - I missed GH last night. Forgot to set my Timer on my VCR. What did I miss??

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I am still trying to figure out what workout to do today. I decided against BodyMax2 for right now. Don't want to work upper twice. Drill Max? Does that work chest good? I have core work and legs to do too and groceries to get.

Lora,

I know EXACTLY what you mean when bidding on ebay. I think the prices go too far and then they just seem to stop only a few dollars away from what you want to pay, it is sickening to say the least. I want the trick or treat set, but I am not willing to pay $50 bucks for a few samples, ya know? Forget it then. I want a few of the TAL's and I am gonna get them. I had on about 20 oils yesterday testing them out..I ran out of arm space so I started putting some on my fingers! lol. I was a sticky oily mess! lol. About Villainess, I went on there one day and everything was out of stock. You might want to ask her cuz I know she has had problems with her site at times so it might not be correct then.

ETA: I have never had my traps spasm doing plank work. I have had doms in traps doing front lateral raises on very few ocassions, but that is it.

The cat disappeared on me. Fed it yesterday and then went to check and it was gone.

Charlotte~~

Lora- I hope you set your VCR since today is sopposed to be the wedding! Nikolas sent Helena off to Arkansas in a straight jacket so she wouldn't intefere with the weddding, but of course at the end of the show, she had "escaped" or what not and said she had to decide what to wear to the wedding. Prior to that, Luke visited her and told her he would snap her lovvely neck if she did anything.
Carly made it to the airport a little late.....with Sonny and all the kids in tow. She had to babysit! SOnny had a meeting with Jason, and Carly told Jax that she didn't want to elope, she wanted a wedding, and he is iffy about it working.
Lucky was released from rehab.
I think Jason and Sam have concinved that computer geek to talk since Ric and ALcazar know he is talking to them.
That is pretty much it, unless Deb can add more.

Char- that stinks about the cat. Maybe he will show up again later. What are you wearing to day for your scent?? Have a great WO.

Not sure what I will be doing today WO wise. My back is a little iffy right now. I will wait a little while. Plus, it depends on if I am babysitting. Not sure yet.

Have great WO's everyone!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Lora,

I just went to Villainess. It is out of stock..wth? I did order the whipped lotion, gloop, grandpa joe, grundy, indiscreet, tahitian moon and summer skin (there are some days I want to pretend it is summer) lol.

Got to get going. Gonna be a busy day.

Meg,

I think I am gonna wear Intrigue today.

Charlotte~~

Lora - I wonder about that with Cathe too. With all the knee problems she has had you'd think she'd tone it down a bit. Honestly, my joints can't take that crap anymore. I can barely get through IMAX 3 without my knees aching throughout the entire workout. Meg summed up Gh pretty well, I watched it but wasn't paying much attention.

This morning I did the treadmill again. Loving my treadmill. I did Cardio Coach #3 and did it on an incline, but not my highest incline. This was tough. There are two 3-minute runs but I did quite well on them. Was sweating like crazy. CC was 35 min. but I stayed on my TM until I reached an hour. Ended up being 3.07 miles. Workout was 1:04 min., I was in my zone for 53 minutes and burned 354 calories. Now I'm done until Saturday.

Hope you all have great workouts.

Great workout Debbie! With all the talk about knee issues and Imax 3 I gotta wonder if this is one for me to try. My knees don't bother me as much as they use to, but all it takes is one wrong move and whack!

Charlotte~~

Good Morning,
Today I plan on doing Body Max 2 Cardio Blast premix, Butts and Guts Overall legs premix, and some calf work. I had a very busy day yesterday. I took my grandson to the doctor and he had an ear infection and bronchitis. This morning I slept in a little. The puppies tried to wake me at 5:30 and I couldnt drag myself out of bed.

Lora, good workout. No I never have felt my traps while doing plank work other than in things like Cathe does on Body Max 2 abs with the side angel balancing on one arm. My hole shoulder starts spasming.

Charlotte, you could use Body Max2 premixes. Or do lower by doing just the power circuits w/ the cardio. I did the double upper premix yesterday. I actually felt doms in my biceps and shoulders the morning. I did go heavier than Cathe on these. She does those incline dumbbell biceps curls. Shoulders is overhead press & shoulder circles with lateral raises. You could go to mix and match and try it out:)

Debbie, glad you are enjoying your Cardio Coaches.

Hi to everyone,
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning,
This morning I did all blast premix on Low max and Gym style legs calf work and floor work and ankle weight work on Legs and glutes. I decided to leave my upper body alone because it's so sore from yesterday BM2 double upper body premix.
Have a good day everyone
Randi

Wow, you ladies are all up and rolling.
Diane Sue, Bronchitis is going aroung. We all had it here...
I was working out the one sunday and felt like i was going to puke.That is when i said Dr.

I skipped last night . Got home late and mom is in for tests. Lower bowel check today.YUK....
I am planning on the pyramid UB again today... I am really tired for some reason and the phone rang at 6 am . It was my B& Law and he hung up. Woke me...I am gonna kill him.

Well i have to get to work. Check back later.
Have great w/o's...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Everyone but me ZZZZZZZzzzzzz.If i had a couch here i would take a nap.................
Wake me up someone....
More coffeee.
What did ya think of the biggest looser?
I agree it was not fair. Tha one that had gone the farthest should have won and the one that went the least should have lost...
I sure wouldn't have fitted over it...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne,

I drooled when I seen what Marty looked like at the end. Gosh, he is really motivated! I like Utah for now. North Dakota was crying too much. What is her problemo?

Meg,

Here is the recipe and for anyone else that wants it

STUFFED SHRIMP (from a Maryland restaurant):

16 jumbo shrimp
1 pound crab meat
2/3 c fresh bread crumbs and seasoned with old bay
2 beaten eggs
mayonnaise (fat free)
Paprika

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease oblong glass baking dish. Peel, devein, and clean shrimp, leaving tails intact. Gently mix seasonsed crumbs with crab meat, then add beaten egg, again mixing gently.
Cover each shrimp with some of the crab meat mixture so it covers the top of the shrimp. With a butter knife, spread alittle dab of mayonnaise on top and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 20 mins or until alittle brown on top.

Charlotte~~

Oh ladies -- I'm in need of some cheering up. I'm so down today. I got bloated all of a sudden and my pain is flaring badly. I feel like I'm gonna start (severe PMS, back pain, etc) but I'm not supposed to for another week. It's a stressful day. Payday is today instead of tomorrow this week.

Charlotte - I'm also bidding on a couple other oils on Ebay (two of my favorites Limiteds) and I just got outbid on one and it's up pretty high. This sucks. If I keep bidding, it'll keep going higher and if I stop....they'll end up getting it for a few more bucks than me!! I hate this. I probably should not do this, as I don't think the stress is good for my circulatory system. I can feel the plaque building in my veins as I type.

Lora- I hope you are feeling better. Sorry you are having a rough day. You get to watch the wedding while laying on your balls tonight, right? Look foward to that.

Char- thanks for the recipe. Looks great! Now I just have to tell mom to but some jumbo shrimp along with the little ones LOL!

So, you guys are going to laugh or smack me LOL. All this talk about taking a rest.........well, The kids were all sleeping, I felt good, so I took advantage.
I started with W/U of PLB, calves w/ankle weights, then the stability ball section w/ankle weights.
Then moved on to the jillian micheals kickbox, wearing ankle weights and holding 1# weights in my hands.
Then threw in BC, and did the kickbox only premix
THen finished with AbRx and my own stretch

I have never done kickboxing with weights, so that was cool. My back felt fine, and still does. I was carefull to listen to my body in case anything was uncomfortable. I FEEL GREAT!!!

So, you guys are doing some real good ones today too!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hey Maniacs! It's lunch time for me. Eating salad.:)

Lora-
Good workout this morning.:) Wish I could cheer you up. I think that post Anne is talking about might do it. LOL!

Meg-
I'm laughing at the soap oprah story. They sound so dumb, but we get all sucked into watching them. LOL! Your workout was NOT a rest day that's for sure! Way to crunch it! Kickboxing with weights makes it alot more fun.

Debbie-
Good treadmill workout today.:)

Char-
Did the kitty come back yet? You know once you feed them they own you. LOL! If you can do the other Imax's, I'd think you could do Imax 3. I didn't notice it being any worse than the others, besides you don't get as long of break in between. I haven't done it for a while, so I could be wrong.

Diane Sue-
Good workout you have planned for today.:)

Randi-
After that workout you'll be all sore in your legs tomorrow. It never ends. LOL!

Anne-
Biggest Loser was interesting. I was sad to see Marty go. He looks so good! Wow! What a transformation. That new girl drives me nuts. She is such the whiner. Glad you are awake now.:)

Where is Suz today?

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Diane Sue,

I decided to give BodyMax 2 a go. Did all the combo's. Like the moves cool. I had random music playing in my bedroom too. She wanted to keep going. I was like...I am done FOR NOW. I had to save energy for the upperbody moves. I kinda hacked up my upperbody workout because I didn't know how many reps, etc. so I went REALLY low in some stuff. She used 15's and 5's. I just brought out my 20's and 8's. Feeling more tired today then usual too.

Pullovers 20# (waaayyy too light..was laughing and should have done over)
Double Arm Rows #20 (alright on the ball and she was going faster)
Flyes 20's (alright on ball)
Pushups (did them all)

Seated Shoulder Presses 20's (good weight)
lateral raises with 8's (okey dokey)

Bicep Curls on ball with 20's (waaayy too light) so got my 25's and finished all the moves with those.

Kickbacks with 12's (just perfect as she went in slow motion at times)
Dips (these were a killer like that)
tricep ext used 20's (should have gone heavier)

Gonna work abs after dinner

Tomorrow gonna do the power circuit for legs.

Charlotte~~

Bionics,

No, haven't seen kitty, but haven't really been home much today. Buying all the food in the grocery store. I seen that woman again today..the one that thought I took her cart!!! LMAO!!!

I create my own breaks so I can spit, etc. lol. I can't keep going like Cathe does with cardio, at times, sometimes yes...depends. I got to build myself back up to it since I haven't done much cardio in general, but I KNOW I could do it...ya'll have me so curious now about it.

Randi,

You know how to work it, don't ya! Way to go!

Meg,

Glad you are gonna use that recipe. Just chill out. Relax.

Charlotte~~

You guys are SO lucky! I just did this long post and it didn't work. I don't know why that happens from work sometimes. I did personals to all of you. :(

So a brief - I did B&G this morning minus the abs b/c tonight is knitting with the girls at Barnes & Noble and I can't stay too late at work. And OF COURSE I didn't get my aforementioned BUTT out of bed on time to do the whole workout. :(

Lots of meetings today. Now I'm helping out my co-worker by proofing her report. The managers all have to do program reviews every 3 years. It's our turn. Mine got kicked back b/c my boss wanted me to take out all my budget stuff (there are guidelines that he didn't want to follow but they didn't agree). Hers got kicked back for grammatical stuff. So being the nice person I am... hehehe. :)

GREAT workouts everyone!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.