Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs May 31

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

My rotation calls for Kick Punch & Crunch. I might add on some Squeeze legs and not sure if I have time for yoga today. It's getting late already....better get going. I overslept. Be back later.

Good Morning, todays workout calls for legs and calves. I will probably add some treadmill to that. I want to try another Barry's Bootcamp treadmill workout and preview some more. My mouth is sore and I have a headache on the tooth side. Not as bad as last night though. I took some aspirin this morning.

Lora, the bosu is great. It has added some new things I can use for my ab work. The day I got it I used it and my gliding discs to do the abwork on Mindy's Awesome strength.

Hi, to everyone

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning I worked back and biceps with tri-sets. Had a great workout. I have a small kink in my left shoulder blade area from my shoulder routine the other day. I hope it goes away soon.

2 minutes rest between sets:

Back:
Wide Grip Pullups: 4/3 (I truly suck at these!)
Triset w/
Underhand Barbell Row: 55# 2 sets/12 reps
Triset w/
T-Back squeeze: Purple band - 2 sets/20 reps

Chins: 6/6
Triset w/
T-Bar Row: 45# - 2 sets/12 reps
Triset w/
Pullovers: 20#/22# - 2 sets/20 reps

Biceps:
EZ Preacher Curls: 60# - 3 sets/4 reps
Triset w/
Standing Dumbbell Curls: 15's - 3 sets/12 reps
Triset w/
Incline Dumbbell Curls: 10's - 3 sets/20 reps
***These burned like crazy!

Then I did the ab work from Step, Jump & Pump. I'm done now until Saturday.

Diane Sue - How's your mouth??

Hope you all have a great workout!

HI Ladies!
Have to workout when I get home at 7 got called to go in early:(.
Lora I'm not really following any rotation just doin my own thing. Today is upper body probably going to drill max upper body 2 times through.
BBL
Randi

Ended up doing Kick Punch & Crunch. Burned 410 calories. Then I did Power Squeeze for lower body and abs and Yoga Zone for Flexibility 20".

Diane Sue -glad you liked the ab work on the Bosu.

Toasty -Blue Moon order arrive yet/

Gotta Run - have to go to grocry store and then over Mom's to do someti.

Mornin Ladies,

Today is my rest day. Will be helping out my other ladies in town.

Yesterday, I was so busy with things, that I forgot to open the greenhouse doors, so my vegies could get fresh air, and not overheat. I forgot to do that and killed all my basil I worked so hard on.x(

I don't think it will be to late to start more, but this time they will have to be seeded directly in the ground.

I'm so afraid to tell my DH. I'm just going out today and thinking about getting replacements at Wall-Mart from there garden section. I'm kicking myself over and over again. I just get too caught up in things. It's like I'm the nutty professor. ;(

Oh well, such is life.

Hope all is well with you all, and have a fabulous day.

Lora, have fun with KPC.

Diane Sue, hope you will be feeling better soon.

Debbie, your going to turn into a female like Arnold. Your Fantastic!

Dallys, enjoy your 5 mile walk. I use to be able to walk around here before the dogs came. I sure do miss my walks. Now I use the treadmill.

Randi, have a great work day, and enjoy your workout this evening.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Hello Ladies!

Well, let me just tell you about the crazy storm we had here in the middle of the night! The lightening was WILD!!! The thunder made Gizmo keep barking. The lightening wouldn't quit. It was over and over and over. It was pouring rain. Amber was so scared and she never gets scared. This morning it was 33 degrees so the gal I was supposed to ride with calls me and decides that we should flip a coin about riding or not. So she flips it and I call it and we didn't ride. It's supposed to be a skosh warmer in the morning and we promised we'd ride. But it wasn't windy this morning and we wonder if we'll pay for that tomorrow!

I lifted upper body and did abs instead. I lost 2 more pounds. This is a good thing b/c I'm getting ready to head out next week to fetch my DH from the FBI Academy. He's been gone 9 weeks today!!! I did get to see him for one weekend a few weeks ago but that was it. It's been so long, but the only good thing is that I'm not sure I could have lost the weight with him here. I can't WAIT for him to be home for good. And now we can ride together more b/c I'm more fun to ride with now that I can keep up (if I do say so myself :p ). He's looking forward to that and said he'll do the group rides with me. Yay!!!

Well, back to work. Trying to get things wrapped up before I leave next week. Did I mention I can't wait? :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hey Maniacs!!!

Back from Maryland. Everyone looks different. Not for the good either. So I went to see my hubby's best friends dd graduate. Her mother was my maid of honor in my wedding. I hadn't seen her in almost 20 years. She is just alittle older then Cathe and looked about 62. I could not believe it. I was horrified. Thinking..my God, what could she have or not been doing to look like THAT. It looked like someone beat her up with a ugly stick..truth be said. Not that women 62 are ugly, this woman is obviously doing something very wrong and she looks mishapened..even in the face now. In saying that, she didn't even acknowledge me as if I weren't there. It was just weird. A very cold and bitter woman it seems she has become..so perhaps bad eating and being bitter have changed her? Anyhow, some of the kids I hadn't seen in a few years are now fat.
All I can say is eat your spinach...lots and lots of it. Scares me to pieces to think I could look like a shriveled up old lady if I don't take care of myself...like the woman that was in my wedding..and she was pretty back then.

Lora,

No, didn't get Blue Moon yet. Gonna be late. Got click and ship today.

Doing ab ripper this evening. We did stop by a fitness store in Chantilly, VA and got a 12lb med. ball and 45# db's. So I can start trying to curl those now. he he. Hubby wants the elliptical there so when I start working we will get it.
Charlotte~~

Just got back from a bike ride. Took my Mtn. bike up on a paved canyon trail. Went 12 miles in 57 min. This was an easy ride. I remember doing this ride a few years ago and having to rest about 3 times, thinking how tough it was. LOL! I like it though and would like to do it about once a week. It's a good way to do a steady state bike ride, much different from the interval type Mtn. bike rides I've been doing.

Char- I know what you mean! I saw a girl I went to school with in a store and couldn't believe how old she looked. I had to go home and look in the mirror to make sure I hadn't gotten that old. LOL! She wasn't fat. She was rail thin, zero muscle tone and a looked like she smoked 2 packs a day with a bunch of booze on the side. Not a good look.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Bionics,

LOL!

So wow, that is awesome you went 12 miles in less then 1 hour. I do prefer a combination of hills, steady incline and just plain easy, all in one ride. The route I now take that I guess to be about 8 miles is easy going 75% of the way and the 25% is tough going towards home again as it becomes more of a incline and then just a really big hill. Saturday my son and I are gonna find another route to take. DD went with me on Weds on the 8 mile and climbed the hill without getting off her bike. She did very well, but has also been running again so she is getting better with her endurance.

I have been busy all day trying to catch up around here.Cleaned house, laundry and mowed the back yard.Went to the store too with all 5 grandchildren:) We have another busy weekend coming up. My mouth is hurting more instead of less. I accidentally bit down on that tooth twice and now it really hurts:( I started my workout with the treadmill work on Barry's Bootcamp Shoulders and continued to 5.25 miles. I then did the M&F rotation legs and calves and finished with Yoga Shatki dancing warrior 1, lunge, supine poses, and inversions.

M&F rotation
squat Bowflex 200# 5 reps 3 sets
leg press Bowflex 310# 8 reps 3 sets(I upped the reps a little as that is as high as I can go and doing the explosive reps were not hard
leg extension 180# 5 reps 3 sets
leg curl bowflex 90# 5 reps 3 sets
standing calf raise 35# dumbbells 15 reps 3 sets
leg press calf raise bowflex 310# 15 reps 3 sets
seated calf raise 95# 20 reps 3 sets

Janey, sorry about your basil that has to be frustrating.

Suz, I bet you are looking forward to getting your dh back home:) It sounds like your weight loss goals are really going well.

Charlotte, see, that just shows that taking care of yourself works because you look really young.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Char- Yep, the hills make all the difference. This ride had kind of low rolling hills. First going at an low upgrade middle gear and on the way back it was hard gear and free sailing. No need to ever get off your bike (unless your completely out of shape). Pretty fun. My Mtn. bike rides are opposite of your 8 miler. More like %75 hard and %25 easy... Well, maybe closer to %50-%50, but that's what they feel like sometimes, LOL! It's nice to do an easier ride here and there. Great you have your kids go with you.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Diane Sue,

Wow, you had a full day, but then again, you always do. lol. Speaking of looking young...young lady..you look 20 years younger then your age. You keep going the way you do and when you hit 64, you will be looking 30 years younger. You have time by the throat and your choking the holy heck out of it. You are too tough to age..it won't catch up to you..too fast and too strong. My hubby's grandmother is 95 now and she looks like she is in her 60's. She juices her own tomatoes and other veggies and takes her vitamins. She is amazing too.

Charlotte~~

Hi ladies! Just popping over to say I MISS YOU ALL! Been so busy lately! Still getting my workouts in and eating well. Right now, I am doing one body part per day (6 days), abs (4 days) and cardio (5 days). I have not done a rotation like this one before and it has been a nice switch. Glad you are all doing well and hope to have more time to chat this weekend.

Take care everyone and talk to you later!

Jen

>Dallys,
>
>Yes, I did the old switch a roo. Got only 24 of them. Cost me
>$25.00. That's why I try to grow mine. I had grown 50.
>
>Thanks for your concern.
>
>Janie
>

}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.