Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs June 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I'm off to do Cardio Coach 1 and some kickboxing. I might squeeze in a bit of yoga also. Be back later.

I ended up doing Cardio Coach 1 on the TM and some of the steady state on the elipitical (due to my PF acting up). Then I came upstairs and did Jillian Michael's Kickbox and for this part of the cardio, I kept my HR hovering around 85% like Jillian suggests (only she suggests to do this for 50" straight ...which I'm not sure I'm ready for). Cardio was just over 1 hour and I burned 440 calories. I also did Rapid Results Pilates Waist Slimmer using my pilates circle (10") and Baron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power.

I'm off to eat breakfast, do my neck stretches and go grocery shopping. Then I have to make up tons of perfume samples so I can make some money. My DH isn't exactly crushed over me losing my job (even though I bought uniforms). He actually wanted me to get a different job and told my Mom the other day that it wouldn't be a bad thing if I walked out of there. I guess he jinxed me. I'm still kicking myself for being too bold my first 2 days. I feel like I screwed up....but he thinks it was meant to be. I certainly hope he's right and that something else comes up before my unemployment runs out. I dropped off 21 resumes yesterday and heard nothing!!!

Toasty - I want to come work with you. Sounds like you're having fun!

Deb - I keep falling asleep watching GH. It really stinks lately. They need some new story lines.

Hi to everyone else that follows.

Have great workouts.

This morning was Angulars working Back and Bi's. Didn't have as much energy this morning as the last few days but still had a really good workout. 1 minute rest between each set. Used the same weight as last week but went higher with reps:

Back
Decline Pullovers: 40# 4 sets/12 reps (last week 12/12/11/10)
Flat Pullovers: 35# - 15/15/12/12 reps (last week I did T-back Squeeze w/a resistent band. I feel this is more of a shaping movement and I'm not here to shape, I'm here to build!)

Biceps
Concentration Curls: 25# - 3 sets/12 reps (last week 12/12/9)
Incline Dumbbell Curls: 15's - 3 sets/15 reps
**My bi's were on fire after this. Got an excellent pump with just these two exercises.

Then I did the ab work from Muscle Endurance. I still think this is the BEST ab workout Cathe has ever done. This workout only took me about 50 minutes to complete.

Lora - I so agree about GH. I'm tired of it and about ready to just quit watching it.

Hope you all have a great workout!

Diane Sue - forgot to answer your question re: Kimberly Spreen's new one. I don't have it. I just read about it yesterday and I'm contemplating it. I think it's a fusion workout with some yoga moves. I have to check out the clip on Collage. I have her Progressive Strength and while I like it (have only done it a couple times), it's only a half hour and is more functional fitness type work. I will check it out and see what I think and then depending on how much money I make selling oils the next few days, I might splurge on it. Do you like her as an instructor??

Good morning :)

Last night MIS did not happen, my sister just popped in glad she did, and she offered to take me and pay for dinner, we went to Reb Lobster, enjoyed her company.

This morning, I ended up doing Power Hour & Low Max (7 blast) Tonight, Core Max and doing some free styling for my bi’s and tri’s with heavier weight:9 Endurance workouts doesn’t really do it for me, cuz I have to use lighter weight, but overall had a GREAT workout. ttyl

Teddygirl~

Morning Maniacs! Getting ready to take Carma for a walk. I'm so ditzy this morning I forgot to take her diaper off when I let her out! I had a mess to clean up. Oy!
I'm really sore and tired from last nights mtb. ride. Couldn't sleep and had to get up and take some asprin. Must have under fueled yesterday. I shouldn't be this worn out. Although, I've really been workin' it hard the last few weeks. Have 3 more weeks to go and then I'll need a break for sure.

Debbie- That was still a great workout for not having to much energy! I'll have to try that ab workout, can't remember it.

Lora- Good luck on the job hunt. To bad about buying the uniform.

Teddy-Red lobster sounds yummy! Great workout for you this morning!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning, I havew to leave in a few minutes. I got in a workout as my Dad has not arrived yet. I did the BOSU Blast stopping at the abs, then I did Butts and Guts Abs and Stability Ball abs, finished with Rainbeau's Dawn Bonus 10 min yoga workout.

Lora, yes I like Kimberly as an instructor. I have her Bootcamp workout and like it as well as the Absolute KB. I have her Cardio Camp on the way as well as Criss Cross Cardio(not Kimberly). I thought the new Kimberly one looked intersting. I gathered it has some fairly fast paced moves in it. I did watch the clip.

Dallys, eewww on the diaper.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hello Ladies!

This morning I rode with my girlfriends. I MUST lift tonight! I was still debating about that ride on Saturday (Tour de Prairie) but it's still windy here every day. It was nice this morning until I walked out my front door to go to work and my skirt blew up in the air!!! The wind was 14.5mph out at my house - which is where the ride is going to be (we live outside of town). I figure I could spend $40 on the ride and have a sucky time sucking wind and have DH say "I told you so" or I could go with him, my sister and my friend who doesn't ride to Ft. Collins, CO to Macaroni Grill (or Macaroni Sin Palace as Charlotte calls it) and then to the factory stores to return my size 6 capris for a size 4 - yup. :7 DH said then we could ride that evening when it cools off (supposed to be in the 90's) and ride off all the bread we'll eat. :p I wouldn't mind the wind so much (well...you know I'm lying), it's just with other people then I can't keep up b/c I can't breathe as you know and then I'm miserable and I think I suck and I lose all my confidence, blah, blah, blah. What to do, what to do.

I hope you all have a great day. It's time for me to go hang out with all the little kiddos during their lunch hour. Just a day and a half to go and one week of summer camp is over. The other one isn't until July 30th. Yay!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hey Suz- I can't believe how windy it is where you live!
Tough decision for you. Could you try the ride and just bail out if it gets to hard to breathe? Then again, Macaroni Grill is pretty darn tastey...hmmmm. What to do, what to do? I know about the losing confidence feeling. I get that alot trying to keep up with DH. I got that feeling on yesterdays ride. I just have to keep telling myself that I am doing the best the 'I' can do and that is all that matters.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey Dallys - Yeah, I can't believe how windy it is here either. Usually by summer it calms down more. But the last couple of years have been bad. It's starting to really get on my nerves, in case you didn't notice. I checked the weather and it says 10-20mph winds Saturday which means 20mph or more out there for sure. So that made my decision for me. That just won't be any fun. Mac Grill - here we come! We'll ride it off later - windy or not!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi Ladies - Just stopping in to say that my new Firm workouts arrived today. They look pretty good so far. The one new instructor that teaches the High Definition Sculpting workout has a RIPPED body. She's very inspiring. I'm not sure I'll get to try one tomorrow, as I'm doing this small Jillian rotation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.