Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Jan 17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Turbo Jam Fat Blaster followed by part of KenpoX+. Workout was 55" and I burned 520 calories. I had difficulty getting my HR high. I did the TJ workout as it always kicks my HR up high ...usually to 166 in the intervals...but the highest it got was 150. Don't know if I'm just tired...need a day off or what. I've been stressed out at work. I've been having "off" cardio days for a while now.

Have great workouts everyone. I was running late yesterday and didn't have time to check in ...but I did P90X+ upper body and abs/core.

Toasty - re: your PM - the better question would be ...what didn't I get from the update? I spent a LOT of money. My entire Paypal account was wiped out in one fail swoop! I got 3 of the new Love Potions and almost 1 of each of the Lupercalia....but there were about 5-7 I didn't get. It was a big update! We still have the Lunar update coming on Monday also. I wonder if they are going to do the Inquisitions for Valentine's DAy and if so, I don't know where I'll get the money.

Last cardio for a week! I did Press Play, figured I'd go out with a bang. I had an excellent workout and I beat my speeds with each sprint I did this morning. It felt great!!! I have one more full body workout to do tomorrow and then I'm off the an entire week! Woo hoo!!!!

[font color=indigo]Cardio Stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]1 hr. 6 min.
56 min. in zone
430 calories burned (WOO HOO!)
4 miles travelled
[/font]

I read in the Fat Loss Oxygen mag that 1 hr on the treadmill burns 1000 calories. WTF? I don't see how that can be true.

My dad called me last night, he's finally out of ICU and in his own room. He sounded so great. Back to his old self. I am so happy about this. He said he may be released by the weekend! That would be great because I really want to spend the entire day with him on Saturday instead of just a few hours in the hospital. I sure hope he gets released!

Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is my rest day. Happy about that so I got to clean. Just started to snow.

Lora,

I hope the Valentine's Day Inquistion will be full of icky stuff I don't want cuz I can't keep up. lol.

Debbie,

Great news about your dad. What a relief. Enjoy your day with him on Saturday. Nice calorie burn. I know when I was on the elliptical for 1 hour and 10 mins once, I didn't burn 1000 cals, but my hubby did. I think it depends on so many things. How can a magazine just claim something for EVERYONE? It is ridiculous.

Morning Maniacs,

With my cold still kicking my butt and a new rotation to start on Monday, I am taking the next 4 days off. Maybe I can start that rotation feeling refreshed and ready!

I have a question about Cardio Coach workouts. The treadmill I have inclines but does not show the degree or percentage. Will this be a problem for me? Also, do I remember right that Itreads go more on how you feel instead of settings? Maybe with my situation they would work better?

Debbie - Great news about your father! I hope he gets home, so you enjoy the day with him!

Great Workout Ladies!

Linda

Char - I know. What is it with the info in these magazines. No wonder the average exerciser is so confused. Glad we are smarter then that!!!

Linda - The incline shouldn't matter, you will just need to adjust it to get your HR up into the correct level/zones. iTreads go by how you feel, by speed and your fitness level. I don't even think you need a HRM for those workouts. Are you going to start the rotation I sent you? You might want to take an entire week off. That rotation is a very intense one. I'm taking a week off after tomorrow and I'm so looking forward to it. Then we can start the rotation together, maybe? I'll start back on Saturday, Jan. 26th.

Good Morning
Just finished ME abs, S&H legs and 4DS LIS cardio. I have a lunch date with this guy that my friend set me up with. I'm nervous and another thing he is 39 i'm 28.
Have a great day wish me luck :eek:
Randi

Diane Sue,

I know, the yoga in P90X is sooooo long. I do love it when I am done. Feel so refreshed, but think I will substitute other yoga workouts that are on fitTv until I get more muula to buy more video's.

Randi,

Have fun on your date. Sounds like he is a good age;-) Good luck!

So I should be cleaning again. I tried to take my daughter to friends house in truck..could barely get up hill..icy underneath the snow so once I got up hill decided to go back home. Not worth trying. No one HAS to be anywhere today. I am loving the comforts of home right now and my computer is fixed. Got rid of 76 trogan viruses and 747 other infections. GOSH!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Grilled Garlic chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: 2 whole hard boiled eggs, 2 egg white hard boiled eggs
M5: Chipolte Tilapia; salad w/Light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1722.5 calories
65 g. fat - 34%
149 g. protein - 35%
136 g. carbs - 32%
[/font]

I'm so excited I had Talapia in the freezer. I thought I was out! I love that stuff!

Yesterday I was in the 1900 calorie range. I was so freaking hungry that I decided to have two 95% fat free beef patties instead of just one.

Debbie - so glad to hear that your father is doing better!! Now you can breath a sigh of relief!!

Toasty -I have not purchased any of the erotic Japanese scents yet. I have to try to make some money first. Where's the nearest street corner??? LOL! Seriously, my oils are dwindling...but I sold my last little tiny bit of my beloved Formula 54 ....never to be made again. I sold an Imp to someone for a pretty hefty sum. Now, they are asking about a partial bottle of my other beloved Snake Charmer and it's quite tempting!

Almost forgot...........check out what Tracey Staehle has in store!!

2008 is bringing great things for us here at Fit by Tracey. Some very exciting new projects.

Kicking off the year and the series will be:

CoreBlast & Circuit Zone ? to be filmed in the next few weeks

CoreBlast is a 45 minute workout consisting of three 15 minute sections. We all know how I LOVE to work my ABS!!!! :) This workout is unique and quite wonderful.

Section 1 - 15 minutes of standing abdominal/core strength & conditioning moves. We will warm your body and tone your muscles. Be prepared to feel muscles you never knew were there and move your body in ways you didn?t think you could! I have a variety of moves that will strengthen your mid section and get you prepared for bathing suit season.
Section 2: 15 minutes of abdominal/core strength using Bosu OR Stability Ball (OR Modified on a bench). Think shredded 8-pak.
Section 3: 15 minutes of mat work to strengthen, tone & sculpt gorgeous abs - we will be on the mat doing moves for your middle that will bring your muscles to their mercy. There will be a little of everything on this one, pilates, traditional with a twist and some funky new ab moves!
Bonus: Surprise
A wonderful bonus will be included on this DVD - details on that to come. You will have options of choosing a short workout, a medium workout or a long workout. You will be able to mix it up and make your own workout - details to come.
Equipment needed: a mat , dumb bell, stabilty ball OR Bosu.
Equipment used (but not required): medicine ball, bosu, bench. This workout can be done beautifully with just a mat & a dumb bell - you decide how heavy you want to go - it?s your body.
Modifier - YES, for FORM & EQUIPMENT

Circuit Zone is up next. Circuit Zone is your bootcamp prep for StrikeZone! As you know, for the past 4 months we have been training really hard with Josef on our kickboxing form. He has designed circuit workouts for us to do to prep our body and our minds for the workout ahead. After having my own a_ _ kicked by Josef, I thought, why not share the fun with you guys!

Throughout my kickbox training I?ve been learning loads of new and interesting things and have become totally inspired for the upcoming workouts. You all had such great ideas and the beauty of a circuit routine is changing it up and offering options. My new filming structure allows me to be creative and do what I love and that is work hard and work smart. You requested:

athletic style training ? athletic cardio drills & strength drills
a kickboxing section
using the medicine ball
comprehensive advanced upper and lower body sections
boxing drills
l legged functional moves
heavier weight work & plyometrics
muscle building & cardio endurance
time-efficient, effective, moderate-to-heavy weight circuit that allows for a great TB w/o in less than an hour
several rounds of exercises allowing for each muscle group to rest between sets
plyo moves for lower body to ?burn? our the muscle
You may be sorry you had so many ideas because guess what? It?s all in this one!

It will be one workout that will be filmed in a way that will allow you the option on your DVD to do whatever style workout you desire. We have already tested this with my Walking Strong workout. We filmed that one with my Circuit workout in mind. We take the entire day and shoot all sorts of fun stuff. Then we edit it with unique and creative options to offer you the best of the best. Circuit Zone will be a workout, unlike anything you?ve seen or done.

You will be in charge of how hard you want to work. You will have the opportunity to take the Circuit Zone challenge - or not. It will be up to you when you have finished a segment, if you want to go for round 2 or move forward. This workout will be designed for whatever ?workout? mood you are in. If you are feeling like a cardio challenge, then you will want to choose the Cardio Bonus option after your Leg Rotation to add into your routine anyway you desire. You will have the option during your workout to add in additional sections or continue with the normal circuit.

If you are ready to step it up and get your body conditioned for agility, precision, coordination & strength ? leave your skirts at the door, and join in on the fun?

Equipment needed: dumb bells, tube/band, bench.
Equipment used: Versa Loop, Bench, Med Ball, Kettle Bell. Weight requirement is entirely up to you. This workout is full of options. If you want to go light one day, do it, if you want to work on strength and power that is there for you as well. Just feeling like blasting out some anaerobic moves, you can do that too. Want to take it kind of easy but still feel like you did some work? Also an option. Don?t feel like doing kickboxing, that?s ok too. You can use this workout however you like. I can assure you, each section is unique and will challenge you in one way or another! How long will it be? How ever long you want! You can do a 20, 30, 45, 60 or more - minute circuit. These options will all be there for you.
Modifier - YES, for FORM & EQUIPMENT

StrikeZone is up next to be filmed in February. I will post more information on this next week.

Steady State Step & Hi-Lo Med Ball - will be fimed in early March.
[Reply With Quote] [Quick reply to this message]

Lora,

Well I just put up my White Light for sale on Ebay and Bastet's Laughter. There is nothing else I am willing to depart with..NOTHING! lol.

Yeah, where is Bionics????? She needs to get her bionic bootae back over here and PRONTO!!!!! lol

I know my eating has been under 1900 today. Too many passions going on at one time..cleaning, ebaying, reading, etc to think about eating as much as I should. It is just one day. I will think of it as a "cheat day" then. hehe

Good evening Maniacs!

After changing my mind about 3 times I ended up doing the 1st workout from Hardcore Extreme (Intervals and circuits) and it totally kicked my butt! I have been making great strength gains lately but I need to remember to work on my endurance! Some of those IMAX 3 intervals are just plain HARD lol! Tomorrow I am getting back on the P90X+ train since my push up stands are here now-woo hoo!

Has anyone here ever tried Advocare products and if so any opinions? One of my friends swears by the energy drink. I'm thinking too much sugar but would love input if anyone has some :)

Great workouts everyone!

Coni

My grandfather just passed away at 1pm while I was on my date. He(my date )was so sincere and got the check right away walked me to my car gave me a big hug and a kiss. We had a great time very cute and handsome. Very caring I was inpressed we are going to see each other again maybe on sat I am not going up to st joe where my family is until sunday which is the visitation I am sucking it up and working the next 2 days it's going to be hard, I just got back from the hospital then went to my aunts house to figure out funeral arrangements with my mom and her sisters:( I wanted to see him before he died. I had plans to go there tomorrow to see him I am sooooooooooooooo upset but he needed to go.My mom was there when he died and basically asked her if it was ok to go:( she said yes we are ok. oh my god i'm so emotional right now. He was a awesome grandfather
He will be so missed
Randi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.