Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Feb 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Kenpo X+. Workout was 46" and I burned 405 calories. I had a hard time getting my HR up again. Maybe I didn't work thru the breaks hard enough this time? I need to start getting up a few minutes earlier so I don't have to cut my workout short! I've been tired this week.

Hve great workouts.

Lisa - what's the verdict on me doing KB Presses? I'm scheduled to do a KB workout tomorrow. I think I'll try my AOS Providence one. Should I do the presses, modify or what? I think I'll wear my HRM one last time to get a calorie burn idea, but I'm not going to continue to wear it with KBs (as much as it will kill me) cuz they clank into the monitor and I don't want to damage my HRM.

[font color=red]HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE![/font]

Did another iTread workout this morning. Another 40 minute one and I liked this one better then the one I did last time. It has hill climb intervals and sprinting intervals and they were VERY challenging. It's weird because her "jogging" settings are my "running" settings. My endurance for running is getting better but I just don't seem to be an endurance runner. The time flew with this workout. One thing I don't like is her minutes are way off. She had 2 minute intervals with the second phase of this workout and none of them were close to 2 minutes. The longest one was 1 min. 30 seconds. Does she not have a stop watch???

Then I did the ab work from 4DS Kickbox. I like that ab workout.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]42 minutes
31 minutes in zone
285 calories burned
2.8 miles (I think, I forgot to write it down)
[/font]

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today was cardio and I did CC #2 revised. I had planned to do CC #4 and actually started it when all of a sudden challeange one was missing off my mp3 player. Weird! So anyway I quickly switched to 2 and did that one instead. Felt like I wanted to puke after challenge three, so I did it again! LOL! Actually I did both the steady state 3 and the challenge 3 again. Mainly because I wanted a longer workout this morning.

Debbie - Happy to hear you like your itreads. Having more options is always fun. My running isn't great either. Matter of fact I hate running! Doing the CC's has been the only time I liked it.

Sandy - I know you won't be here till later, but want to give a shout out to you. Glad to hear your feeling better! As far as the zone bars go, I've never looked at one to see what's in in. But, as long as they don't make you keep wanting more sweets, then I think you should be okay. You definitely need to give up the soda. I only have soda as treat when I go out, then it's diet at that. Try to flavor your water with a splash of 100% fruit juice if that helps. I am having a cheat meal tonight as we are ordering in, but I am going to try and keep it to just that meal. (She says as she bakes brownies for the rest of the family:p )

Lora - I'm with you. I am tired! I need more sleep!

Have a great day!

Linda

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I'm ALIVE! I did IMax3. The WHOLE workout. I've never done the whole workout before. Took me 1h and 15 min to finish. I had to stop a few times to let my heart go back to where it belongs. I can do IMax1 and 2 easily but the 3rd one...Not sure if I'd do it again as a whole for a while. Planned on a run this morning but it was way too cold to take my son with me. He hates the cold. Tomorrow is supposed to be close to 50 so we'll go tomorrow instead. I'll be going to the gym tonight to do a total body workout.

Lora- If you're going to attempt the presses, I'd use the lightest weight you have. No moaning about it, Missy. :p Keep your elbows locked and try not to move forward or backward too much. Not even slightly either. KB can make the person "rock" back and forth. If it bothers you, stop it and replace it by doing lateral raises and if you can, try doing half a press instead of going all the way up. LIGHT weights.

Toasty- Hope you feel better. That's funny about your DH's eyebrows. Whenever my sister waxes her eyebrows herself, she always have half an eyebrow or Claudette Colbert style eyebrows. I'm always telling her to go to a pro. LOL

Everyone else, hope you have a good holiday and your husbands/boyfriends spoil you. You all deserve it! :*

Lisa

Lisa - Congratulations on completing IMAX3! It is a tough one. But I am surprised with all the running you do, which seems to involve hills, that IMAX3 would do you in. Guess it depends on what you use to, I suck at running, so you'd run circles around me and tell me to hurry up! BTW, can I ask how old DS is? I think your comments about him are too funny. I have a DS that is 6 and and DD that is 3. Well, have a great day, enjoy your evening workout!

Linda

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Gonna do Upperbody Plus/Abs-Core Plus today. Some cleaning.

Lisa,

Not so bad since dh has blonde hair. I guess it could be worse.

Hope everyone has a nice Valentine's Day. Do something you LOVE today at least. We are celebrating Saturday.

Ta da~

Charlotte

Linda- I have two sons. One will be 6 in May and the little guy will be 4 next month. Taking care of the little guy is like taking care of triplets. No joke! He's sooooooooooo active. Always getting himself in trouble. LOL Right now, he's obsessed with pulling dvds off the shelves. He's sensitive to the cold because of when he was a newborn. He had to be in the hospital for 10 days. I personally think they damaged some of his nerves in his hands and feet. But he's very healthy now. SKINNY and eats like a horse. Plus, I think him talking and singing all day long burns a lot of calories. LOL

About IMax3, it was my first time doing the whole thing. I normally only do the premixes. Today I felt ballsy. :D I'm not too fond of those 3 IMaxes but variety helps. If you're used to something like running, doing kickboxing or step aerobics can give you a heart attack. LOL Honestly, I took up running about 8 months ago. Before that, it was all stepping, kickboxing, EFX, elliptical. I couldn't lose any of the pregnancy weight from the little guy AT ALL for 3 YEARS. NOTHING WORKED. Since I started running, it's FINALLY coming off. Sheesh. Have you ever known anyone who took 3 yrs just to lose weight? I've never had a problem losing weight until the second pregnancy. You know what I also found out? I was gluten intolerant. I don't have Celiac disease or anything. Definitely allergic to wheat and oat now. Since I found out about my intolerance over the summer, I lost 40 pounds in 3 1/2 months. Now it's kind of stuck. I have about 20 more pounds to go.

Sorry about rambling. I feel very talkative today. LOL Are your kids very active? Are they picky eaters? If so, how do you get them to try variety? My older son likes to try everything. My younger son, I can count what he eats with a hand and a half. GRRRRRRR x(

How long have you been working out? Anyway, lil guy is hungry now so gotta feed him lunch. Hope to "see" you again today sometime. :)

Lisa

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Grilled garlic chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: 1 whole hard boiled egg, 3 hard boiled egg whites
M5: Mango Talapia; salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1690.5 calories
59 g. fat - 32%
146 g. protein - 35%
140 g. carbs - 33%
[/font]

I will stay on plan today. However, my DH gave me a box of chocolates this morning so I may have one or two when I get home. He also got me this stuffed animal - it's two bears on a heart shaped pillow and then you press the boys mouth to the girls cheek it makes a kissing sound. It's so cute! I need to find a good place to put it.

I got him chocolate covered cherries and a card. I'll give it to him this evening.

Hope you are all having a great Valentines Day!!!

Happy Valentines!! Hope you all have a pleasant day:) I started my workout this morning with Shari Jacqueline's Criss Cross Cardio(no str) then I did 4DaySplit kickbox cardio only, finished the KB with Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp premix Kickbox(no w/up or str)
I then did 4DS Kickbox abs, and Turbo Jam Kicken Core core work ouly. I finished off with Stott Pilates Challenge on the foam roller and Flexible Warrior Athletic yoga3.0 swim and run segments. Added other stretches too.

Charlotte, hopefully no one made fun of your dh at work. You could always get a blonde eye pencil and try to give him some brows:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue,

Got my Kama Sutra stuff today! I got the bedbox. The french vanilla souffle is very vanilla...yowza! I also got my villainess soaps. I don't think I like the possets smells too much. I do like the raspberry soap (new one)

Dh is just lucky he does not have dark hair..would be worse.

Lisa - Your little guy sure does sound like a hand full! I agree with you on changing cardio from what your use to can definitely give you a heart attack. That's usually how I feel when I I get the crazy idea I am going to add running to my workouts.I also tried jumping rope once. That nearly killed me too.
Don't beat yourself up over taking three years to lose the weight, I know people who are still carrying it some 13, 15, 39...years later!
Is it tough to find things to eat being gluten intolerant? I suffer from IBS and went gluten free for awhile to see if it helped and it was hard. I would miss oatmeal too much!

Yes, both my kids are very active. My son is the athlete and my daughter the brain. My daughter has gotten to more things than my son ever did! Yes my kids are picky and we are vegetarians. My son refuses to eat any fruit, my daughter would eat fruit all day if I let her! And they both have their favorite foods and hate trying anything new.

I guess I have been working out steadily for seventeen years now, but of course started out as the cardio junkie, then found the Firm, did that for a number of years but didn't start doing serious weight work until about seven years ago. Wish I would have found it sooner!

Well, I have to go get my son off the bus...talk to you later! DD is also crying...

Linda

Lisa - thanks for the advice on KB's. How many days a week do you run? I haven't been able to start back since my last stress fracture. I'll try again soon, but last time I tried, my foot felt it a bit too much. I'm just curious how many days you can run without getting sports related stress fractures, etc. My lightest KB is a 15#. Should I use that or should I modify presses with a DB instead and go lighter. Wasn't sure if it would mimick the KB move enough due to the lat recruitment with KBs, etc.

Toasty - I LOVE LOVE the Rasp vanilla Villainess. I have a note to order some more. It's perfect for V-day too! I got the Whipped also and the Possets Giddy. I like the Possets in the creams...but I bought a couple bottles and they can't compare to BPAL. Speaking of BPAL, Lunar Update on the 20th!

Lora,

I ordered a big bottle of Bordello for my daughter. I dunno, the posset smells are just not my thing. I love the villainess soaps though...they are like candles too cuz they smell up the bathroom really nice as well.

Really don't order the lunar stuff anymore. I like when Beth comes out with something random and unexpected.

Hey Linda!

It's late, I hope you will see I did check in. I didn't do any cardio or weights tonight, still not feeling it. I think I'm gonna give myself til Saturday because DH and I are going to celebrate V-Day tomorrow night. I'm gonna try doing what you and Debbie are doing and use Cathe's DVD's for my cardio and try to follow the BFL way of eating. Thanks for the tips on the water, I've tried the flavored before too, their good. I don't know what happened. I can drink water I have before and once I started it I was like you and only treated myself to a soda with a meal out or something like that.
I'm gonna keep trying. Speaking of making brownies, my dd made her boyfriend some mint brownies tonight, and I only had a very very small peice. *Smile*

Hope you had a great Valintine's Day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.