Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Dec 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I had a particularly stressful day yesterday and I didn't sleep well last night....had nightmares all night and woke up exhausted. My workout reflected this. I did Amy Bento's Step Challenge 2 and actually did worse at following it and didn't get my HR up very high. Workout was 58" and I burned 483 calories.

Did I mention I HATE starting new jobs ....especially ones that I've never done? I think my brain is on overload ...thus the reason I couldn't do the Amy workout!

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I worked out like a freak and did:

Cheat Curls 20x's with 95# (I took a picture) hehe
Plie Squats 4/5 with 180#
ATG Squats 110# 4/5
Incline Bench Press 75# 5/4/4/4
Abs: 20 mins of various
Lat Pulldowns 90# 4/5

Seems like I forgot something in there as I am going by memory (not a always good idea) lol

Today I will finish what I got to do at home and then do yoga..NAMASTE to ya all.

My EATS will probably be like this:

Meal 1: Kelloggs High Protein Cereal w/yogurt and nuts
Meal 2: Protein Bar
Meal 3: Chicken, salad, sweet potatoe and fruit
Meal 4: Protein Shake w/apple
Meal 5: Meat, little veggies

So is it at all possible that someone makes a HRM that is accurate? LOL! I give up!

I did Cardio Coach #4 this morning. Had a great workout. Intervals are tough on this one. Long intervals with short rest times. I really love Challenge #3.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]50 min. total time
35 min. in zone - This is impossible. I know I was "in zone" more then just 35 min. Stupid HRM!
230 calories burned (treadmill showed 306)
2.8 miles travelled
[/font]

My HRM lost my HR several times today. Really pissed me off.

DH has one of my flexing pics on his desktop and a friend of ours came over last night. He commented to my husband that I looked really good. So my dh started showing him all my flex pics I have. Our friend said, "You better kick her ass now because if she gains any more muscle she'll be able to kick yours!" LMAO! Cracked me up when my dh told me this.

Hope you all have a great day and some kick ass workouts!

I have had so many interruptions this morning. Have to go take my plug to my laptop to the computer technician, pick up missed grocery items, and go to grandson's play at 2. Workout was 4Day Split low intensity step w/up and cardio, Low Impact Circuit cardio only, 4Day Split high intensity step and str, then I did 4DS LIS abs, LIC abs, and finished with Tracey Staehle's Parts premix pilates, abs, yoga, stretch.

Debbie, I am sure my treadmill always gives me a much higher calorie burn than is accurate. Most of the time if I run 5 miles I have burned around 800 calories.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

[font color=red size=2]Morning Maniacs! I did Legs and back X this morning. Did mostly pull-downs as pullups (especially wide) hurt my elbow some.:( Had a great workout though. I love this one.:)[/font]

Sandy- Great workout yesterday. Don't worry about posting late. I'm sure most of us read yesterdays post to catch up.:)

Diane Sue- Of course she shared the cake! I just had alittle though. It was sure good.:9 I hate interruptions too!

Lora- You'll get used to the job in no time, I'm sure.:)

Char- Great workout yesterday! You're doing great!

Debbie- D*mn that HRM!

Randi- Great workout!

Well gotta run...dogs are barking at me! LOUD!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Morning ladies! Here's Tuesday's and Wednesday's workouts:

On Tuesday Tim lightened my leg load even more this time. I questioned him about this and he said he wants me to get stronger in my core (added some ab movements) I said okay ... hopefully in 6 weeks some form of squats will wind themselves back in. I could do BW squats in the interim - enough of those really work the legs and glutes.

LEGS:
Nautilus Single Leg Press: 3x12x110

A new one. This really works the glutes!

Strive Inner Thigh: 3x12x70
It's been a while since I've done this exercise. I love the abductor machines.

Strive Outer Thigh: 3x12x70

ABDOMINALS (CORE):
Planks: 3x25secondsxBW

Ouchy, ouchy, killer During the last set when I raise back up, he had me swing my hips back and forth a few times. Ouch that burned!

Supersetted with:
Crunches: 3x30xBW
My back REALLY ached after I was done with this It is amazing how these exercises get you in the back part of your core. The low back extension (and I'd say hyperextensions, too) help strengthen you for these exercises.

This is my new routine for back and biceps I received last night. I did not do full sets because it was the instructionary session.

BACK:
HORIZONTAL BAR LAT PULLDOWN:3x12x70
I like this movement. It's using the long, horizontal bar that is kinda shaped like a horse's bit.

TROTTER ROW:3x12x40
I've used this machine before. It really hits the middle part of the back :)

SLDL:3x12xBAR(45lbs)
After we were done with the rows Tim asked me if I still enjoyed the low back extension. I told him yes, but did he have anything else in mind? He said there's the hyperextension, but he did not care too much for that one 'cause it's easy to get hurt (oy, he must think Grandma is soooo fragile. I have to remember he's 23! :rolleyes: When I was 23 30 year olds were old, lol). Then he said, what about straight-legged deadlifts? I said, "yeah!" He actually showed me a real exercise! So, I am doing 2 of the big 3 (benches, deads) so I'm a little happier.

BICEPS:
INCLINE DB CURLS:3x12x10's
I've never done an exercise like this one before. He had me lay on an incline bench, then curl the DB's. It really hit my entire arm! :D

ROPE CABLE CURL:3x12x40
Another cool exercise. This is really a hammer curl using the rope.

CARDIO:
TREAMILL:30 minutes, steady-state, 3.6 mph
Took it easy on the cardio tonight. I am doing cardio on Thurs and Fri, probably on the elliptical both nights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I asked Tim about my very light leg routine and why are exercise like squats absent. He told me that he wanted me to continue getting stronger (hence the 1-legged leg presses). He also said the gym is concerned about injury to cleints (which means legal issues, lol) It looks like squats may not be in my routine for a while, if ever, as long as I have PT there. I signed up for a year, won't re-sign - I signed to get instruction on exercise form. I do have benching and SLDL's in my routine - better, but hopefully my leg routine will be kickass again! He did put the ham curls back in, at least. LOL!

By the way great workouts everyone! Debbie, LOL on the kickass comment! You are one Muscle-y Mamma ;)

Toasty, nice on the squats and lat pulldowns :)

Randi & Diane Sue, nice cardio sessions this morning. It must be cardio day! I have cardio only this evening :)

[font color=red]YESTERDAY'S POSTS:[/font]

Sandy - Nice job with not buttering your potatoes! After I got use to not adding salt or butter to my yams/sweet potatoes, I couldn't believe how good they were!

Linda - I cheat on the fonts. I belong to another forum where I post my workouts and it's easy to change them on that site. So then all I do is copy and paste the workouts to here and wa la! Fonts and colors galore! :)

Randi - Great workout last night! Nice to hear you are good and sore! And great workout today too!

[font color=red]FROM TODAY:[/font]

Lora - Sorry to hear you are so stressed out. Hope that subsides soon!

Char - 95# cheat curls? WTF? How on EARTH can your wrists support that kind of weight for curls. Nice going, girlfriend! I know I will NEVER see that. I struggle with 60# and my stupid wrists. Awesome workout yesterday!

Diane Sue - I know the treadmill is inaccurate due to the stats you key in. I only keyed in my weight, I think. My HRM asks for everything so I would think its more accurate. But it pisses me off at how low my calorie burns are.

Dallys - Great going with your workout today!!

Penney - I really wish your trainer wouldn't leave out squats. That is a staple exercise - period. Even if you have to go lower in weights to keep good form I think you should still be able to do them. Legally, nothing can happen to the gym/owners because EVERYONE signs wavers in case of injury. So I'm not sure I believe Tim the Trainer. Nice job on your workouts! Looks great, you are really kicking some hiney! :)

[font size=4][font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font color][/font size]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Garlic chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Italian Wedding Soup; salad w/Zesty Italian dressing
M5: Chipolte Talapia; salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb.

Have no freakin' clue what my macros are. I left my info at home. Duh!

Debbie,

Here it is...

I look possessed. Not good face picture. lol.

291841887.jpg

ETA:

EATS: Had spiced shrimp instead for meal 3.

Debbie,

I sent you pm. These are cheat curls. If anyone practices enough, you can get your forearms stronger and then eventually do standard curls, in time. I already practiced doing cheats with 75# and now do standard way so why not try for 95# this time? They are mini curls, starting from top, and coming down at angle, but alas, they DO burn and work your forearm. If you do them right, you will feel like your forearms are ready to explode.

Char - I got your pm. I just know I would never be able to do these, especially because of my wrists. There would be NO WAY they would support that weight at any angle. Great job girl! You are the BICEP QUEEN!!!

Hello Everyone,

I'm so sore today, but loving every bit of it!

Dally's and Debbie - Glad you both saw my posts from yesterday. My w/o was tough...although I feel like a weakling compared to some of you on here...CHARLOTTE! WOW. My arms would be broke! You go girl!
Yes, Debbie I'm learning that as I take away a little at a time, I'm doing okay with that. Not as hard as I thought it would be. Actually makes me feel better afterwards.

I'm doing low intensity 4DS and shoulders tonight, then doing some shopping again.

Have a great rest of your day!

Hey Maniacs! I just finished KenpoX, so now I'm caught up with my workouts. XStretch tomorrow. Looking forward to that.:)

Eats today:
1/2 banana (post workout)
recovery drink (post workout)
1/2 banana-Luna bar tea cake
Salad/almonds/cottage cheese
Protein shake/flax seed (post workout)
Tuna on ezeikel bread

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.