Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Dec 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did 20 minutes of Shape Bikini Body Aerobics followed by Kelly Coffey's Step Boxing (75"). I also did the cardio weight portion of Stepboxing (since I'm not that sore from yesterday) and I did the ab portion without weights. I burned 460 calories.

If you ladies think Amy Bento's a wild woman during aerobics, you should see Kelly. She's pretty intense and moves very quickly. I have to really be "on my toes" to keep up with her. This is a very good cardio workout. I still can't figure out how the heck she does it on a higher step. I do it on my step lower. I would for sure fly off the step more than once if my step was higher. I only flew off once today.

I did Total Yoga Original last night (60"). It felt very good. I'm finding that I really enjoy yoga in the evenings. When I start working again, I might have to try and fit in more yoga at night.

Okay, I really need to get a job. I'm getting too used to being home. I don't want to get used to being home cuz then it'll be double hard to go back to work. Did I mention how much I liked the lady that interviewed me the other day from Howard Hanna? I really liked her. We actually talked quite a bit about all sort of things (including her "gentleman friend" who is a doctor that I know from the other hospital I worked for a while ago. I only hope I get offered the job if it's the one God knows I'll be happy at and enjoy. Also, about the wage and looking for a better paying job, I wouldn't do that if I ended up getting this job, because she stated they don't want the person in that position to leave for a better paying job and if I give my word to someone, I like to keep my word.

I would have liked to get some yoga in this morning, but since I have to go to the grocery store, I didn't really have time. Maybe I'll try to do some later. I really should be adding Pilates into my workouts since I'm not working so that will be a goal for next week ...unless I get a job!). Have great workouts. I'll be around.

ETA: You ladies will probably be happy when I start working again so my posts won't be *quite* so long! LOL.

Good Morning, no where to go today:D School is out and my granddaughters will be here for the day. Today I will do Amy Bento's All Pump X 3 day split back,biceps,& triceps and do the abs from this and Ab ripper X since I haven't done it in awhile. I am not sure about cardio yet. I need to get in some kickboxing yet this week and I want another treadmill workout.

Lora, I have been reading over posts I have missed. You have every reason to feel good about what you have attained from working out:) I am glad you have gotten compliments. I didn't know Amy was a nutritionist. That is cool. I had done the move with the bar aross two chairs before when I saw it in Oxygen Magazine. I found though that I can sit on the floor under my vkr tower and grab the bar wear the back pad is and do the pullup moves without setting up the extra equipment. I was surprised they even showed it with 12 risers on each side(who has that many risers???) I have 8 from two step bench purchases.Maybe after I replace it a few times I might get there. LOL. I really like this workout and have had some muscle soreness from the different moves. I was wondering how those workouts are with the gliding discs. Do you like them? Are they advanced.

Meaghan, that is so cool that you have changed so much someone didn't recognize you. I bet you wanted to throw your arm in the air and say YES!! That was a huge compliment.

Charlotte, I hope your house is sold. We have had repeat views of ours. We are still looking though. I would feel better if ours was sold first though.

I need to get started. I hope all of you P90X rotation people "bring it today". It kind of makes me want to pull it out again. Maybe after school starts back up and I don't have all of this holiday stuff along with house stuff going on.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Had a mediocre workout this morning, I didn't feel like I did a whole lot of anything for some reason. Workout was 3 sets/15 reps with 2 minutes rest. I hate 2 minutes of rest, seems like forever. This is what I did:

Leg Extensions: 50# (went light because of my knee and this exercise seems to make my legs thick)
Decline DB Chest Press: 35's
Hamstring Press: 3# ankle weights plus purple band (no rest between sets, just kept alternating legs after 15 reps)
T-Bar Rows: 50# - (last set could only get 10 reps because my hands didn't want to hang onto the towel)
Dumbbell Upright Rows: 20's
Overhead DB Tricep Extension: 30#

Ab medley: Did woodchops w/15#, 20 reps; Hip Lifts w/ankle weights, 20 reps; bicycle w/ankle weights, 30 reps. Did this twice.

Workout was 1:04, was in my zone for only 8 minutes and burned 192 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Ms. Pudd (out cat) is out of the room. She was on top of my mouse this morning..not letting me talk to ya'll. She just came back into the room..I might have to put her out. lol.

Anyhoo, I had a hard time sleeping last night. My calves were that sore and they are still sore from the plyo's. That is a good thing though cuz maybe I will get some calf muscle now.

So today is Yoga Toga. Looks like I will be able to walk the dog before I start it as rain is coming tomorrow and lots of it. Will rain until Sunday here. Looks like rain for Christmas too.x(

Debbie,

I like what your doing with the leg ext. Same as I am doing with plie squats. If you don't need the extra bulk in some place, you go down in weights..good job! Nice workout.

Diane Sue,

You got snow too, huh? I have this gut feeling our home is going to sell soon. Everything is going to happen at once. Dh and I also have to move FIL out of our home when he finds his place which I think he will want to find asap knowing the way he is and we will have to drive the U Haul truck to Texas, Arizona or Florida. That is gonna be a drive. I will have to help FIL with the driving while dh drives the big truck. I hope your home sells fast too. Sounds like it probably will if you got repeat visits and I have seen pictures of it..nice.

Lora,

I don't get tired of reading your post. I rather like reading everything you have to say. Sometimes I have no idea what your workout is like as I am not familiar with alot of stuff you do, but you always burn alot of calories.

Remember, you have to be happy with the decisions you make regarding your job, etc. Don't put alot of burdensome weight on your shoulders just because it doesn't work for hubby or the pay is less. It can be rewarding if you really like what your doing and the people you work with. Hubby is not the one that will do the job..YOU WILL.

Charlotte~~

Good morning crazy ladies!

O-M-G, I did not WO yesterday. I had HIGH hopes of doing B&G, but the couch just called louder. I was SO tired last night. NO energy. Better to rest then do a half-a$$ WO I guess. I feel better energy wise now, even after having to get up a few times with Connor. He has the fflu and feeling pretty bad. He seems bettter at the moment. I will figure out my WO later.

DS- enjoy your day at home! Good luck with that house selling. Yes, I was overjoyed at that compliment! Wasn't expecting it. I admit to going into the bathroom a few minutes later and kinda checking myself out in the mirror a bit! How conceited LOL!!

Char- your cat is too funny. Toby always comes and lays in my lap when I sit down here. He is smart in that he hides all day in my room when all the kids are here. Good luck with your house too!

Randi- I have to go back and read your other post. Did you get your WO in?

Deb- by reading that, I think you did a great job! You did alot,, don't stress about it. Maybe you will be sore tomorrow too!

Lora- Char's right. YOU have to be happy with it. It is so great to work with people you get along with and have fun with. That is important. No matter what job you wind up with, I hope it is one you enjoy that doesn't cause you as much stress as the hospital did.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Morning maniacs:

It was YogaX for me today, less about 10 minutes of it as I just ran out of time to spend. Will do a Cardio Coach on the bike when I get home from work tonite (promise, Suz!).

Lora, good workout for you. You get so much variety I bet your body is always wondering what's coming next.

Randi, good workout for you too. Hope the mouth isn't giving you any problems.

Diane Sue, sounds like your place will sell soon. Good workout planned for you today too. I like it when I don't have to go anywhere during the day.

Debbie, sorry your workout wasn't as good as expected. Next one will be better I bet.

Charlotte, try to enjoy the yogaX today. I liked it better because I knew the terms better and didn't have to look at the screen, could just listen and do the moves. My balance wasn't real great today, but did my best and forgot the rest.

Maeghan, hope your little one is feeling better today. Hey, if your body was tired then it was probably good to rest it. Your next workout will be a doozy I'm sure.

Suz, how much snow have you gotten? Big drifts? We may get a smattering on Friday, but won't stay long they say. I'm hoping to ride on Sunday with the group and it should be around 40 degrees. Downright toasty. Might even ride in shorts, LOL! I'll be thinking of you tonite when I do a Cardio Coach. I hope it goes well, I'm kind of skeered! Are you playing your keyboard a lot?

Good workouts everyone,

Jeanette

Good Morning
I am up this early because I have a huge headache. Today is cardio not sure what to do maybe Imax 3. My shoulders back and biceps are fried from yesterday did the slow and heavy series. Hope everybody has a good day I am off work today yeah!!!!!!!!
Randi

Charlotte & Meg - Yes, your'e both right. I have to do the job, not the DH. However, I don't think I'll necessarily like the pay cut in my *allowance spending money*. That's gonna be a hard hit for me cuz y'all know how much I likes to spend the moola!! It's going to be hard for me. That's what's really bothering me (to be totally honest). I guess I'm greedy. I could care less about my title or status, etc.... bottom line is my spending money. Since I give my DH my paycheck and he pays the bills, he gives me an *allowance* out of my check for spending money and that's what's going to be cut. He's trying to cut it my A LOT more than I think is reasonalble. He wants to cut it in half....when in reality, I won't be making half the amount I made. Listen to me talking about this job like it was offered to me!! I haven't even heard from the lady yet. I best get this out of my head......or I'll be setting myself up for disappointment if I don't get that phone call tomorrow!!

Gotta go grocery shopping. I'll be back later.

I am so excited my bump in my mouth is completly gone!! So i dont have to have any surgery or anything!!! And I never really took care of my UTI it kind of went away i need to buy cranberry juice.
Randi

Randi,

That is good news! You are tough as nails! Like to hear your feeling better. Keep drinking the juice and the water.

Lora,

My parents have a set up to what you mentioned about *allowance*. My dad gives my mom moola, etc. I just pay the bills and whatever is left I spend..well not really! lol Dh is good lately at spending too. Our son needs to get braces in January so I hope there will be something left to pay for that. I think dh is hoping the house sells by then. lol:p

Charlotte~~

Good morning maniacs!!!

I thought I would check in before I hit the road to Cleveland...Deb's way.

I was in a benadryl coma yesterday...so no workout. I did something I haven't done in years...worked out in the morning this AM.. I did yesterdays arms and still have abripperx to do tonight, or yoga or both.

I was able to go up in all my weights again today...mostly 15's I tried a few 20's on the biceps...that lasted for about 2 LOL. I am pleased with the progress.

Lora..I enjoy your posts..I really do, and I like the longs ones too with the reviews, you inspire me to try different things, like all the maniacs do here. Hope you find what you are looking for job-wise.

Diane sue and Char...both on the house selling rollercoaster! I had mine for sale for 7 months before it sold. I feel for you both, the anxiety and constant people through, feeling need to clean constantly..pain in the butt. But hey if you are getting second time lookers...that usually means it's time. My first second looker bought it.

Randi...I'm happy that your bump went away...did you ever get an antibiotic for that, maybe it took your uti away too.

Meg..boys better??? I'm with ya on the day off...I just couln't do anything yesterday.

Suz..a-ok with the surgeon and the boob thing here. I am very relieved. have fun digging out...and enjoy being home..I am very jealous.

Anne..I chuckle at all the candy and gifts you get...and don't want. Is your DH the recipient of all that taboo?

Hi to all that follow I doubt I will be back on tonight as I won't be back till 9.

Great days to you all!!

Amber

Before I forget...Char do you think the calves hurt from the hopping crosses?? I can't finish those and my calves don't hurt..so I bet that is it.

Netta...yeah on the yoga x I can't hold those poses long either..just do what I can then hang out in downward dog till they move on. We will see tonight if it's any better. I just like the relaxation of yoga i think

Ok...now I'm really gone..it's raining here and I'm not looking forward to a 2 hour drive. I hate driving in the rain.x( x(

Amber

Amber,

There is so much jumping and hopping it is hard to tell. lol. My calves actually don't hurt at all during the entire plyo's..it just hits me all at once later. Can you do the crane off the yoga x? I just laugh for now when I see it. I seriously think that is something I want to be challenged on and I will try like heck to do it today...I will keep a pillow nearby so I don't break my neck! lol. Well no walking dog today before I do yoga. Raining and wasn't really suppose to..30% chance. So plan B...I got Christmas music on in the background and I just cleaned my carpet. I can't do yoga and smell dogs on my carpet. I just can't! lol. Everything has to be just so with me. lol

Charlotte~~

Morning ladies. I did not get up early today...
I plan on cardio, floor work legs and abs..
Felt wierd not working out last night..

Dallys is at the gamblin capitol of the world.LOL...

Lora, you should chhose your job. If it is something you are going to like then the money will come.

Diane Sue, your w/o's amaze me. Good luck on Selling your house. Then the hard part. Moving!!!!

Deb, was that a slow workout????

Char, and Jeanette, YOGA< YOGA>>>

Randi, the headaches are contageous. Watch the kidney infection. MY daughter was at the doc yesterday, crying in pain.

Char, any bites on the house???
Most dentists will let you put 1/2 down then make payments. Ours did.

Have a great day.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne,

I want to pay the entire amount at once. Get it out of the way. Same bite on the house. Couple that wants it came back from where they live in Florida and drove by to see if sale sign was still up..according to Realtor. Suppose to be closing on their home end of month and then put in a offer for ours..will see. In the meantime, no other lookers as yet.

Listening to classical Christmas music right now. Let me tell you...I need to listen to classical more often. Need a mental cleansing..just like you need to clean your colon. Yoga will help to. Like making the low groaning noises at the end...too cool.

I just ate 3 eggs, 3 pieces of thin steak and yogurt for lunch. Still need to make a salad.

ETA: I am doing yoga after I get my bathrooms cleaned. Everything has to be done so I can concentrate. lol

Charlotte~~

I finished my workout. I did Cardio Coach #6 Candace Grosso extending to do 6 miles. This took 1 hr and 15 minutes. Then I did Amy Bento's All Pump Ex Back, biceps & triceps, abs using 12# dumbbell on standing work, then I did Ab Ripper X wearing my 1# shoe weights throughout, I used a 10# med ball for leg climbs, those v ups, and mason twists, APX str.
I had two more grandchildren come over so their dad could go Christmas shopping. I have got to run. I will check back in a little while.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I just set up another interview for Tuesday at a Law Firm Downtown (I'm really not thrilled with the thought of working Downtown). Right after that, I rec'd a call from Howard Hanna RealEstate and was offered the job for the Adm Asst. I told her I would call her back after I discussed with the DH. She wants me to start on Jan. 2....so I can still go for the interview on Tues. and hopefully they'll tell me the rate of pay is similar to what I was offered so this insane fighting between me and the DH can stop. I'm so upset because my DH doesn't know anything about the job (he didn't want to hear anything) and he says all I'm doing is settling for the first thing that comes along that sounds "easy" cuz I'm letting fear paralyze me. In reality....I prayed for this job to only be offered to me if I would be happy there and it would be a good job.

When I spoke with Gina (my new boss - maybe) she indicated that she will put it in writing that if I do well on the job, I can have a 50 cent raise in 6 months. She also told me there are annual raises. Gosh....I hope I don't take the job and my boss ends up being a royal Bit#$ and I'm working for peanuts and miserable. I'm scared and confused. I already sense major resentment from my DH beacuse of this situation. I'm rambling and not even making any sense.

Hello Ladies!

Well, our BIG blizzard only produced 12.5 inches in the end. We're still getting flurries, but nothing much. The winds are only about 20mph now. MUCH better. It doesn't look like much snow b/c the wind blows it all around so there are so many bare spots. There's a huge drift at the bottom of our road. Someone got stuck last night about 11pm. DH was walking down to help when our neighbor at the bottom of the hill pulled out of his driveway and pulled them out with his SUV. We have a drift and can't get our pickup out right now. But our driveway and road are clear. I posted pics on my picture trail. By looking you can't believe we have a foot of snow. My mom said it's the same way in town. But I guess some roads are totally blocked with drifts. Crazy.

Yoga today. ICK!

Randi - I'm sorry you have a headache. Those suck. But it sounds like all of your other medical issues have miraculously disappeared. Hooray!!!!!!! I'm glad you're off work. And you have DOMS. Yay!!!

Lora - Before we know it you'll be sleeping in til FOUR A.M.!!!!! My only caution to you about the real estate job would be that this woman did say to you that she can be difficult to work for. That might be a red flag and maybe you may want to talk to her about that??? Does that mean she's demanding as far as workload or does that mean that she can be a royal you-know-what. Two totally different things.

Diane Sue - I'd love to have you start P90X again. :) Good golly - no wonder your abs look so AMAZING!!! What a workout!!!

Debbie - It looks to ME like you worked hard!

Charlotte - I hope your house sells soon. You've been so patient and you deserve it. But you're right - it will all happen at once. The crane - hahahahahahahahahohohohohohohohohohehehehehehehehehehe. AS IF!!!!!!!! But I keep trying and I WILL do it. I swear I WILL DO IT!

Meg - I hope Connor is feeling a bit better. I bet you're worn out!

Jeanette - I'm holding you to that Cardio Coach! I'm envious of you b/c you already have your yoga out of the way. So would I if I wasn't on my butt right now. I just bought this online piano lessson thing - a new way to learn. We'll see. Dallys and I may have to take our show on the road soon!

Amber - What a HUGE RELIEF on your "boob thing". I'm so happy to hear that. I bet you are so happy. Kind of makes you feel like you have a second chance in a way, huh? :) Lots of good news here today. Gives me chills. Call me a dork. Oh - I can't do those calf things on one leg and can barely do them on the other.

DH burned a CD for me and I LOVE it - it is Sarah McLachlan Wintersong. It is SO awesome. Beautiful. It has a lot of traditional music on it but she puts her own little updated twist on them. It just so cool. I highly recommend it. I kept hearing some of the songs on XM radio and so did DH and he looked her up and made me the CD.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.