Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Aug 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

Off to do my Spinning -- which I'm sick of and my legs are fried. Oh well...better days ahead. Be back later.

Whoa.......guess I didn't pick the best workout to do with the way I was feeling. I just found something that is really difficult for me.....Spinning Strength work. I did Spinning - Pedal Power. This was a longggggggg hill climb. You pretty much cranked the resistance and never really let up on it and did standing climbs and seated climbs. I couldn't stand for the entire interval - partially due to pressure on my foot, but also cuz it was too hard and I had to lower the resistance a couple of times, but when we did HR checks, my HR was in the zone he said....so I guess I did it right. I don't ever want to see the cover of this DVD again, let alone do it. At one point, I went upstairs to reload my water and my legs were quivering. All of that being said, I know that when something is this hard for you, you need to do it. The truth hurts! Workout was 60" cuz I extended the end and added on some steady state. I burned 380 calories and then my HR monitor died. The button has been sticking and I think it finally bit the dust. Not good, as I have no money.

Suz - I did transcription for 8 years before. It takes a certain type of personality and some people love it. I, however, did not love it. It was okay at first when I was learning about Neurosurgery, but after that, it became too monotonous. I like more variety in my day and typing for 8 hours straight is really hard on my injury (neck/shoulders). Also, the fact that I'm ADD girl....it takes a lot to stay focused and sit and type. All of that being said, I still want the job cuz I need work and I'll make the best of it if I do get it. I only have 15 more years to work!! LOL.

Toasty - you should go to the BPAL Forum and read the "Will Call" thread. All the peeps that went to the Will Call for the Lunacy talk about all of the new scents that they sniffed. You can get a good idea of what's good and such. I'm finding out that the Trick scents are deceptive in the descriptions. They are supposed to smell good. There were some other surprises for me.....so my list is growing and now I need to make some more money! I never thought you'd WANT to work full-time...........see what happens when you get addicted to BPAL. Did you find the Voodoo's under the Bewitching Brews???

Have great workouts ladies. I'm off to eat breakfast, do my neck stretches and go grocery shopping.

This morning was cardio and even though I didn't feel like doing cardio, once I got started I was good to go.

Decided to do Cardio Coach #4 again. I'm really starting to like this workout. It had a HUGE dread factor for me but I'm really liking it now. Very challenging. Lots of tough intervals with very short rest periods. The workout was 45 min. but I stayed on my treadmill until I reached an hour.

[font color=blue]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=red]1:00 hr. total time
54 min. in zone (very happy with this)
353 calories burned
3.35 miles travelled
[/font]

Lora – I’ve never tried spinning. I do own two Mindy cycling DVDs and I have a stationary stand/trainer for my mountain bike, I just haven’t set it up yet.

WD – how can you do kickboxing so frequently? Kickboxing fries my arms and core.

Debbie – is Cardio Coach anything like iTrain? I don’t have a treadmill, but as I stated above, I do have a stationary bike. Does Cardio Coach make bike workouts? I hear good things about their company.

This morning I did what I call “LIC Revamped.”

I do LIC’s warm up, step/blast 1, shoulders, step/blast 2, biceps, then LowMax’s step/blast 5 followed by Cardio & Weight’s triceps/lunge compound segment, then LIC’s tricep work, then I do LIC step/blast 3 followed by LIC chest, then LIC bonus cardio/blast, then Cardio & Weights’ dead lift/dead row compound segment, followed by LIC’s back, abs, and stretch.

It clocks in at 90 min and even though it’s low impact, I feel thoroughly worked out.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

So last night did not get to workout. Had to go to FIL's house to find his last will and testament. He put it in a random box in the middle of the garage mixed with other stuff. He has stuff everywhere. I don't know how he can remember where things are like that. So anyways, he seems to be doing better, but only because he is on morphine now and that helps make him more comfortable. I am going to go in to see him before I go to work. So I have to work biceps today and will do ab ripper x and try to get things cleaned up.

Hey Maniacs! I'll be doing the Power Hour arm workout shortly. Dh and I went on a mt. bike ride last night. It was about 2 hrs. and HARD! We were both dead tired when we got home. I'm in shock that I haven't lost my conditioning since my bike was out of commission for so long. I felt in really good shape. We went up in the canyon and the temp. is MUCH cooler, so that was nice. Might go again tonight, same ride.

Lisa- I use my st. bike with my Cardio Coaches. They are perfect for a bike!

Gotta go workout...talk later

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Finished up PHH arms. My shoulders a fried!

lora- I'm not sure when I'll to TT. I'm not like you, I don't like to workout for more than an hr. if I can help it. So, TT sounds great to me. I want to ride my mt. bike as much as I can while the weather is good, so I'm might just concentrate mostly on that.

Diane Sue- Any ideas of what you'll do next rotation?

Debbie- Great job on CC#4! That's a good tough one.

Char- I'm glad FIL is doing better, even if it's the morphine. It's hard to see people hurting. Have fun with biceps...I know you love to work em!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

Debbie- I felt like you today...woke up in a funky mood and just did not feel like exercising (or anything else for that matter). Made myself do it and feel soooo much better. Only wish I had done it earlier!!

Workout was CTX circuit (back)

:)

I finished my workout. Have some banana flaxseed bread in the oven for when I pick up the grandchildren, and fixed myself a yummy mexican chicken skillet which I dumped onto my salad with salsa. I started my workout with Criss Cross Cardio stopping after the standing abs segment, then did Kimberly Spreen's Absolute KB combat, abs and stretch. I went on to do Yoga Shatki warrior3, core, shoulder opener, & supine poses. I ordered Kelli Roberts Flexibility for the inflexible to use with my foam roller, and The Pit while I was on Deep Discount. I took back my boxing gloves yesterday and bought a pair that had a thumb opening so I can push buttons on the tv remote and pick up the phone. Now I know why boxers have someone else giving them drinks and stuff. LOL

Wormwoodscrubs, that is a good workout you did. I don't normally do Kickbox on consecutive days unless I got a new workout I want to try. Generally 2 Kickbox workouts, 2 treadmill workouts and 2 step workouts a week. I have been doing a little more Hi/Lo lately since purchasing Amys HLX. Also since I did upper yesterday I did not use my weighted gloves when doing Criss Cross Cardio, although I did get some light weight work with Absolute KB today. I wanted today to be more of an ab/core focus.

Dallys, I am not sure what kind of rotation I am going to do next yet. I know whatever I start will probably be abandoned for awhile once I get Cathe's newq workouts. I will probably be trying out the Pit workouts next week. If they are to agressive and a lot of KB I may not do all of them in one week:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi Ladies!

Trying to get lots of work done so I can take tomorrow off. :)

This morning I was supposed to ride with my girlfriends but it was waaaay to foggy. So I decided to do CC Press Play. But I accidentally had #4 in there (I can't see them b/c they go in sideways and just "assumed" - silly me). So I did the w/u and 1st challenge then took it out and put in Press Play and did the whole thing. Entire workout was 1 hour and 20 minutes and my legs were TOAST!

Will try to check back with y'all later. Better get back to work.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

WormwoodScrubs - Yes, you can use CC workouts on a bike. They are like I-Train and can be used on any cardio machine. I think they work best for the elliptical and the treadmill, though, but I do know people who use them with a bike.

Dallys - I think CC #4 is the hardest. But I'm really liking it lately. Nice going with your workout! Love fried shoulders!

Char - Good to hear you FIL is doing better. Why do older people hord so much stuff??? I hate keeping stuff.

Lisa - Glad you got your workout in!

Lora - Nice going on that workout this morning. Challenging is good! :)

Diane Sue - Nice workout! Your banana bread made my mouth drool!

Suz - Hi!

Diane Sue - I can't wait until I can kickbox again. I was going to try doing some in my cast/bootie but my foot has been bothering me some. I'll be interested in your impression of the Pit! Also, if you have lots of muscle spasms and tightness.....carefull on that foam roller....as it can hurt a bit on the tender areas. Not sure if it will be like that for you or not. What foam roller DVD did you get? Where'd you get the Banana bread recipe? You're entire meal sounded good to me.

Dallys- If Turbulunce Training is about an hour....that's fine for me. For some reason I was under the assumption that it was way shorter than that. Don't know what I was thinking.

Lora- I haven't done any TT's so I'm not 100% sure how long they are, but I've heard you can get your weights and cardio done in 45 min. to an hr. It looks like Skwigg is starting a TT rotation. I've been thinking about it all day... I'll have to look over that rotation I have. But, like Diane Sue, I'm not sure I want to commit to something because the new Cathes will be out soon. Decisions, decisions.

Dallys - what's her website blog? I want to keep current on it to see what I want to do. I know...I don't want to commit to a rotation cuz of the new Cathe's either........and the new Tracey's and Amy's! Although, not sure when they'll all be out.

Lora, here is the dvd I ordered for the foam roller. I tried mine out and you are right some areas it really gets deep into the tissue and is uncomfortable. But I have heard those that have had physical therapists use these and got good results.
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=7361796

Banana Flax Loaf
Serving Size : 10 There are no eggs and I probably have a few less calories than they have because of a couple of changes I do.
Ingredients:
4 ripe bananas
1/2 cup sugar (I substitute 1/4 cup splenda for part of the sugar)
3/4 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup ground flax
1/3 cup oat bran
1/4 cup pecans, chopped (I usually leave them out)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mash bananas and sugar together in medium-sized mixing bowl using a fork or handbeaters. Mix in the milk and vanilla. Add the flour, flax, oat bran, pecans, baking soda and cinnamon and mix until smooth.
Lightly spray a 2-pound non-stick loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake until loaf is done - when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes.
Calories 200
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5g
Saturated Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 270mg
Total Carbohydrate 36g
Dietary Fiber 4g

Mexican Chicken Skillet (you could probably make this in a microwave and skip the chicken.
Serving Size : 4
1 bell pepper, red, medium
2 teaspoons olive oil(I used Enova oil and only 1 tsp)
1 pound chicken breast, boneless/skinless, raw
1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning
2 cups beans, pinto
2 cups corn, yellow, frozen
Wash and chop bell pepper. Cut chicken breasts into strips; set aside.
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add bell pepper to skillet and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, unil crisp-tender.
Add chicken to skillet and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink inside.
Stir in taco seasoning (1.25 ounces is one packet), beans (drained and rinsed), corn and 1/4 cup of water.
Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened.

Amount Per Serving
Calories 350
Calories from Fat 50
Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 1g
Cholesterol 65mg
Sodium 740mg

Dallys - nevermind........I found it.

Diane Sue - yes, my doc rec's the foam rollers....but I just wanted to warn you. off to read the recipe. That's the foam roller one I have...but I usually pause it and spend more time on certain areas. I also have the Fitness Fix ones from Amazon but they are FF workouts with only a 10 minute foam roller section on it as a cool down. I also have another Keli Roberts workout that is a FF workout with the Foam Roller section in place of the stretch. Sometimes, If I've been lazy and not done my neck/shoulder stretches on a given day, I'll lie on my foam roller at night when I watch TV............since they say it's like stretching the muscles. How 'bout getting into that Piriformis muscle and IT band? that's always tight on me. You also see how sore your legs are when you use it.

I also saw that Stott Pilates had a couple of foam roller dvds. It was on the piriformis and it band that I felt the most discomfort using the roller:) Have you tried standing on it with the Plantar fasciitis? Probably wouldn't be good for you right now though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.