Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs April 30

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Oh...darn.....I just posted and lost my post!

Stuck with my rotation and did Power Body from David Kirsch's 7 Day RX. Nothing special....just lots of core work, pushups and some sun salutations. I then did part of Amy's KB Dynamics with my 20 & 25 lb KBs. I subbed some punching/boxing moves for some of the shoulder presses...since I didn't want to do them d/t shoulder issues. Workout was 70" and I burned 510 calories. (All in all, so far I'm impressed with David's system. I've been really sore this week and this really works yours legs...thus the reason I'm doing it. Someone at VF posted that they leaned out in their problem areas after doing a 6 week rotation...but not sure how long I can stick with it.)

Eats were Muscle Milk Light in chocolate caramel swirl and I'm eating steel cut oats and berries now. I start work at 10:00 today and 9:00 tomorrow and then I work night shift on Saturday....hate bouncing back and forth!

Ally - you can paypal me whatever you want for the DVD to [email protected] and I'll send it out to you.

Diane Sue -I'm gonna have my DH print that rotation out today at work. I've done a metabolic circuit rotation by Alwyn Cosgrove before when I did Warp Speed Fat Loss....and it was tough, but my layer of body fat was tougher, as it didn't budge!! LOL.

Deb - if you don't download the entire Pop Evil CD, download the song, Another Romeo and Juliet, as it's my fave.

Last edited:
Well, today was my last Tabata workout. I'm sad, I really enjoyed this rotation. I will definitely be doing it again.

I worked Shoulders, Back and Abs and had a killer workout. Burned tons of calories (dh fixed my HRM). :eek:

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Upright Row:
17's - 8 sets/9-8 reps

Overhead Dumbbell Press:
10's - 8 sets/11-8 reps
***Did better on these, didn't have to stop except with 1 set. Great burn.

Lateral Raise:
8's - 8 sets/10 reps
***Lowered from 10's last week, right shoulder has been bothering me all week.

Dumbbell Shrugs:
25's - 8 sets/17-16 reps

BACK
Standing Rows:
10# vest - 8 sets/9-8 reps
***Lowered myself a bit more then usual and this made it tough.

Barbell Rows:
40# - 8 sets/13-10 reps
***Alternated underhand and overhand grips.

Dumbbell Pullover:
25# - 8 sets/9-8 reps

ABS
Tabata style:
Scissors - 8 sets/15 criss-crosses
Standing Band Crunch - 8 sets/8-9 squeezes
***Scissors killed. My quads especially. Standing Band Crunch wasn't all that hard. I concentrated on squeezing my abs tight.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 10 minute total
5 minutes below zone
1 hr. 4 minutes in zone :eek:
1 minute above zone
506 calories burned
:p

Great way to end this rotation. Now I'll take a bread from lifting and just do cardio for the week.

That is all...

Good Morning :D

Debbie: You are one tough gal, nice work as ALWAYS;)

Lora: Hello:)

Last night, I could not help it, I went for a nice walk the breeze felted so good. I walked 4.5 miles. This morn, I started off with CC#1 then I did 4DS CS&T. I had a pretty good workout.

Stat:
35 minutes
291 cals burned
2.55 miles traveled

I didn’t record upper body I could not find my blue print:eek: But I worked it!

Lora - Of course that was the only song I couldn't download. Figures. I'll try again today. I listened to a few of them and I like them. I already had Hero and I do like that song alot.

Morning! I did IMAX 3 this morning and burned 570 calories. I didn't burn that many more than when I did Rhythmic Step earlier this week. Drat. Hopefully the afterburn is a little higher, though. It is still a killer workout but I noticed that my endurance has improved. Good stuff.

Lora: Thanks for the review of the David Kirsch workout- what's the story with it? Is it a 7 day rotation or what?

Hi Teddy! Sounds like a good workout.

Debbie: Glad you liked tabata and curious to see what you're doing next time. I saw on the other check in that you are still unsure about STS. I lost 6 pounds in 8 weeks- true, I cleaned up my eating but I still think the endurance workouts in STS were pretty intense. Plus, my endurance for push ups is higher than ever (ha!) and I have made great strides in my ability to do chins- just throwing that out there FWIW.

Here is what is for dinner tonight- I made it up and it's great. This is the second time this week we're going to have it because I have leftover eggplant to use.

Eggplant, zucchini, green bean sauté

Dice ½ of a medium eggplant
Lightly steam about 1 cup of fresh green beans
Dice 1 medium zucchini

Heat skillet, put in some garlic to brown after spraying with Pam. Add veggies and sauté. Drain and dice a large can (28 ounces) of plum tomatoes with basil. Add to veggies. Dice 2 sausage-less sausages from Trader Joe’s and add to the mix. Add one 15 ounce can of tomato sauce. Add Italian spice blend and let simmer for a bit.

Serve over pasta or even better, over fresh bean sprouts.

Stats for about half of the mixture:

(Half a can of tomato sauce, half the can of tomatoes, 100g of eggplant, 100 g of zucchini, 50 g of green beans, 1 cup of bean sprouts, 1 sausage)

371 calories / 63 carbs / 9 fat / 22 protein / 18 fiber

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did a blast from the past and pulled out the old VRC. I did The FIRM Volume 1. I had a blast! That is still one of the best workouts ever! I did that workout everyday for a year straight back in the day, if you can believe that? Makes me want to pull out the old Jane Fonda's and Joni Greggins. Yes, I've been at it for a long time ladies!:p After work, I'm also going to go on the same 25 mile bike ride as I did yesterday. Have a titch(or more) of blubber on the ole' belly.:eek:

Patty- So funny. I was comparing your Taco soup recipe to an old one I got from Flylady years back and guess what? It's exactly the same! I thought that was funny! Anyway, I'll be making that today.

Shana- I asked dh about the Orbea bikes and he says that are really good bikes. In fact, the women's Luna team has been riding them the last 2 years. Go for it!!!;)

Hi Teddy, Lora and Debbie.:D

Gotta run, work haunts me.

This mornings workout was STS disc 2 back and triceps. I upped a lot of weights again from where they were the first time I did it. I am sure after this one that I want to do the Hypertrophy ones next week. For cardio I did the parts of Amy's Kickbox Surge that I did not do yesterday. I did the surge mix combo that did combo 1 then surge 1-3(Idid this yesterday) then combo 4 and surge 4&5, I then went back and did combo 5 and surge 5 again and then finished off the core and stretch. I then did Rumble Stretch. Total calories burned today was 765. Lots going on today. DH has a friend coming by in a bit. We have our grandsons play tonight. Better get showered before the doorbell rings:)

Hey maniacs! Been a busy week! Tuesday I was on my way to work, guy on riding mower flips a rock that shatters my side window. We are also working w/ contractors for outdoor kitchen and landscapering behind pool. Had to take Jake to vet (he's fine), DS and baseball (he is doing awesome!) and other life "stuff". BUT! Through it all have been sticking to my diet (well, I confess I did have a margarita at lunch on Tuesday...was a bit shakin up) and training program....no better way to releive stress! Still following the rotation Olesya designed for me. Will do that another 4 weeks.

I am so glad I have Friday and Monday off! :D

Debbie: Glad you liked tabata and curious to see what you're doing next time. I saw on the other check in that you are still unsure about STS. I lost 6 pounds in 8 weeks- true, I cleaned up my eating but I still think the endurance workouts in STS were pretty intense. Plus, my endurance for push ups is higher than ever (ha!) and I have made great strides in my ability to do chins- just throwing that out there FWIW.

Yep, I'm on the fence about STS. I honestly don't think I can deal with Cathe for three months running. Plus doing all the DVD's gives me a headache just thinking about it. But I may do it because I did, afterall, spend $$$ on them. Congrats on your 6# loss and the progress you made with STS. That is motivation for me to at least try them. We'll see.

Diane Sue, Congratulations on using heavier weight. Since STS I've upped mine several times already. Love STS! Great workout today. Have fun at your grandsons play.

Sonya, I looked at your pictures! Wow! You look fabulous! Must be nice to have a pool. Do you use it a lot? Have fun with those two extra days off. Doing anything special having that much time off?

Teddygirl, great looking workout. And the walk in the breeze sounded so nice.

Patti, Congratulations on your endurance improving. Yeah! Thanks for the zucchini recipe, it sounds so good. Keep them coming, please:). Oh I love eggplant as well.:rolleyes:

Dallys, You are so welcome on the sourdough bread suggestions. Have fun!;) My Joey and I always seem to pull out Vol. 1 of The Firm. You are right, it is a great workout. Have fun on your 25 mile bike days. Wow!

Debbie, Why are you on the fence about STS? Would like to know, honestly. I need more education. I've gained so much more muscle doing STS then anytime at all. I'm ready to open my eyes a little wider these days. I want a strong healthy body, and willing to do what it takes to get one. Where do you find your info?

Today is cardio, I think I'll do the Wedding Video, will report back after it's done.

Later,

Janie

Last edited:
Yep, I'm on the fence about STS. I honestly don't think I can deal with Cathe for three months running. Plus doing all the DVD's gives me a headache just thinking about it.

That's exactly why I didn't buy them. I find it really hard for me to follow the same instructor for more than a month (or rotation for that matter anymore:confused:). The volume of DVD's were also overwhelming to me. I am glad that people are enjoying them and getting results though, that's great! I would have bought these in a heartbeat a few years ago, but I've just recently learned over the last year or so, what I can and can not do mentally.;)

Patty: Thanks had a great workout. Nice job with Imax ;)

Dallys: Hi, I’m thinking about buying me a bike.

Diane Sue: Are you starting STS over?

Janie: Hello!

Debbie: I read you posts re: STS I feel the same way and I had the nervous to pre-order STS cardio:rolleyes:. But, that’s different, I know. But, like you, I brought them, going to go for it. I’ll do it my way:eek:

Sonya: Ooh we, I checked out photo’s,.one word………. DAM!;);):)

Last edited:
Dallys: Might be Fly Lady's old recipe- how funny! I found it through Weight Watchers about 5 years ago and it is a cool weather staple around here. I love 10 minute dinners.

Debbie: I hear you on STS. I guess my thought is maybe use it the way you want? Use it for one body muscle group (or one disc) per week and do something else the other 2-3 days. Heck, just a thought. She does have some good stuff in there. Following one instructor isn't a big deal for me right now but I have some Amy Bento and other stuff waiting in the wings post STS. I'll need a change. Oh and a tip- not loving the music in STS, I'll be honest. So I put it on Cathe's voice only and play my own stuff. That helps- Van Halen always helps me get through it. :) I swear one song on the back/triceps DVD sounds like the theme song to Sanford & Sons- remember that sitcom? Weird.

Janie: I don't have the wedding video, how funny! Is it step?

Diane Sue: Awesome on your weights increasing this time through STS. I have that Amy Bento DVD ready for my recovery week next week- looking forward to it.

Sonya: Glad you're OK- one margarita sounds like a good plan. What's up after this four weeks?

Hey Maniacs!!!

Taking a much needed rest day today. My body is tired and I just got back from a Reiki Healing this morning. A friend of mine does this for me so I had to get her some flowers, a cd and some chocolate as she won't take money. She starts out with a foot massage first. I feel so chilled out now. lol.

I am really behind with all the post.

Lora,

I am gonna try to remember all these songs and such and keep a list in my purse so when I go out I can buy them.

Holy Schmoley - my butt is sore!!! Yikes -

Since it is easy to post these, I will post my leg weights from yesterday. I know I should not be so lazy about it b/c I always enjoy reading what you awesome chics lift! Here are mine:

Disc 37...

Squats (barbell) : warm up sets = 60 lbs, actual sets = 90 lbs
Deadlifts (barbell) : 98 lbs
Front Squat (barbell) : 60 lbs
Static Lunge (barbell) : 63 lbs

Seriously, I feel it. Patti: JUST YOU WAIT!! You'll love Meso 3.

Eats for yesterday were: 1605 calories - 35.1% carbs, 34.9% protein, 26.1% fat.

Today is cardio but these legs aren't going to be going all gangbusters :eek: I am thinking a TM walk and some steady state biking.

Dallys: Thanks for the info on the bike. I am being tempted beyond belief! DirtDiva sent me info on the Yeti Arc-X too. Can somebody loan me about 3 million bucks, please??

Char: Enjoy the rest day - you deserve it after the killer workouts you've been doing.

Last edited:
Today was Shoulders.

4 DS HIS through first blast as warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

Ran for 2 minutes during rest between each exercise.

SHOULDER
Dumbbell Upright Rows:
16's - 8 sets/12-10 reps
***Up 1# and I felt it.:confused:

Dumbbell Overhead Press:
10's - 8 sets/13-10 reps

Lateral Raise:
10's - 8 sets/12-10 reps
** Elbows were bending more & more as the sets went on.:p*

Bent Over Straight Arm Posterior Delt Raise:
(think Slow & Heavy)
10's - 8 sets/14-11 reps

Dumbbell Shrugs:
25's - 8 sets/16-14 reps
**Up 5#

Then finished with the Bonus Cardio from BM2 twice, think timesaver premix, and then the stretch from BM2 as well. Workout was 1:07 hour and burned 489 calories.

Debbie
- I pm'd you.

Linda - did the Bento abs ever kick in? Mine didn't. I put off the M&F Hers new routine to see so I would know which (if either) gets me. I'm going to do that one today. Next time, I think I'll try the Bento one twice, or supplement it with something else b/c it sure was fun and you know it had to work.

Shana: Nice weights! You go! I like reading what everyone lifts too, but Meso 1 has just too many for me to type in most of the time (OK, all of the time).

Charlotte: Enjoy your rest day!

Anyone know anything about Tracie Long or used her DVDs? I am curious- read about her over at video fitness or Yayas (can't remember which) and wondered if she is worth pursuing. Amazon has a 4 pack of her DVDs for around $40- maybe post STS?

Linda - did the Bento abs ever kick in? Mine didn't. I put off the M&F Hers new routine to see so I would know which (if either) gets me. I'm going to do that one today. Next time, I think I'll try the Bento one twice, or supplement it with something else b/c it sure was fun and you know it had to work.

Shana - Nope nothing! I thought if anything the last exercise was gonna do something, but not even that one left a lasting impression. Hate to have to do them twice, too long. :p

Patti - I just wanted to thank you for your response last night. I needed to hear that so I can keep persevering. My weight hasn't dropped anymore recentlt, but it is that TOTM so I am blaming it all on that.:p And what no asparagus recipes?

Linda: LOL. I forgot! I'm blond, you know. My favorite thing is to roast them in the oven for a bit and then mix up this marinade to drizzle over the spears. I use this for a lot of veggies. It's easy to convert it to lemon too. I put it all in the blender to really mix it up- it makes a lot so sometimes I cut it in half. Keep going on the food choices- I like how we're all really doing well with it these days. It helps to remember you guys are hanging in there. TOTM messes with my weight too. I hate that. :mad:

Orange Sesame Vinaigrette
1/3 cup sesame seed oil
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup mint (finely chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.