Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs 8/28

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I didn't hear my alarm for 1 hour and 10 minutes (this has been a problem since my DH moved out). I got up and had time to do Rumble though, as it's my late morning at work. I wore my weighted gloves and really put 150% into it. Kept my HR in the mid to high 150's and only got to do 10 minutes of the heavy bag segment before I had to stop ...ran out of time. Workout was 54" and I burned 519 calories.

Amber - thanks for the forms yesterday.....only problem is that my DH took all of that info with him and I have no idea how much any of the bills are as he always handled the money. It's embarrasing....but true.

I'm not sure when my Internet is getting shut off....as I have to call and find out. I would assume at the end of the month......so I'll be MIA soon.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I really feel like I need to work out my arms today as it has been awhile, but still trying to follow along with Debbie so I will go do the leg workout til she gets to the arm part. I love working legs too, but I just want to do it all!!!! lol.

There is gonna be a 100 mile bike ride not too far from where I live starting soon and I am thinking about doing it. Just trying to see if I can get any of my friends to join me in Harrisonburg, VA for it.

Lora,

I hope you get everything situated soon.

Well, my quads are screaming at me this morning. It hurts to walk up the stairs. My glutes are a bit sore as well, but not like my quads.

This morning I worked my shoulders. Very quick workout since it was just one body part. So then I got on the treadmill for a half hour and got my HR to 60-65% of my MHR. I feel awesome today - other then being in pain.

My upper body was still very sore but I cranked out this workout. I think I did pretty well.

1:30 minutes rest between each set

SHOULDERS
Overhead Dumbbell Press:
25's - 6/6/6
22's - 10
20's - 12/12
***These felt good. I felt very strong even though it was hard bringing the weights up due to my muscle soreness.

Upright Rows:
60# - 6/6
55# - 10
50# - 12/12
***These felt good as well. Got a nice burn.

Bent Over Lateral Raise:
15's - 12/12
***Should have used 20's for these. 15's were way easy.

ABS
Crunch:
8# - 15/15

Reverse Crunch:
8# - 15/15
***Again, two lame exercises for abs. I should have done more.

CARDIO
30 minutes
25 minutes in zone
154 calories burned
1.6 miles travelled

That is all...

Awsome work out Debbie! Great calorie burn Lora.

Today I did an hill walk. Active REcovery. Yesterday I did the jackie Warner Boot camp and then last night I did dips on the power tower and chins. I have been avoiding it since I bought it and couldn't really do the exercises, then last night I tried and low and behold - I have gotten quite a bit stronger. Dipping your entire body weight is hard! My tris are quite sore today.

I leave in a bit for 6 hour drive to South Carolina to see my family. Taking both dogs - this should be an adventure. Meeting DH down there tomorrow, so the drive will be alone.

Take care all and have a great day!

Morning Maniacs,

This morning was 4DS LIS/HIS Double cardio. Got started late and kids keep interrupting me!:mad:

Debbie - Bet all this DOMS makes you feel like you've just started working out, huh? Nice Workout this morning. I can't believe you can do Bent Over Lat Raises with 20's. This is my weakest part and not sure how to improve. :confused:

Char - 100 miles, wow. Hope you find someone to go with you!

Lora - So what did you think of Rumble? Hope things get better soon.

Ally - Enjoy your trip!

I just got back from visiting this country store. I got some nice stuff there. Wish the lady would not be all over me trying to get me to buy this and that. Hate when someone follows you around the store and you cannot focus on what is ACTUALLY in the store cuz they are trying so damn hard to be pushy.

Anyhow, gonna be eating my lunch soon and will work legs. Just had to vent.

I told them I would work if they were in a jam and I would work the month of October cuz it will be busy there. I would never hunt people down in the store and ride their butts to sell them anything..not my style..even though we were told to kinda do this..I never.

Workout is done. Got my grandbaby down for a nap:) I started my workout with Kelly Coffey's Cardio sculpt fitness cardio only premix stopping at the abs, then I did 4Day Split High Intensity Step cardio only, and finished with Amy's Step Challenge 3 combos 1,2, 1&2, and 3. Then I did both abs segments and the stretch. Finished with Flexible Warrior Yoga cycle segment. Burned 975 calories. Cardio burn was 740. My hamstrings and glutes are sore this morning from yesterday's workout. Guess I hit them good:D

Ally enjoy your drive to SC. That is how long it takes me to get to my Dad's and I don't do the drive on my own:) Taking the dogs will give you some company:)

Lora, I hope that you get everything worked out. Rumble looks good but I haven't tried it yet. I did preview it though.

Charlotte, I hate when people do that to me when I am shopping too. Makes me not want to go back to the store again. I like to be left alone when shopping. I spend a lot of time looking and reading labels etc.. DH says they probably follow me because they think I am a shop lifter:0

Debbie, nice workout:)

Diane Sue,

I would never see you as a shoplifter type. OMG..no! lol. Yeah, it can be that way I guess depending on where you shop. When I go to Maryland to shop I got people staring me down, but it is only because the area I shop in Maryland is full of people that actually do steal alot so I think it is just more habit for them to stare at everyone.

It is so good my fake nails are now off..I can actually type fast now! lol.

Diane Sue - Thanks! You had a great workout as well!

Char - I know what you mean about shopping stalkers. They drive me crazy. I usually say, "I'm quite capable of finding my own stuff, thank you." :D

Ugh....I'm so TIIIIIIIIIIIIRED! For some reason I've been having trouble sleeping since I came back from Hershey Park last tuesday. It's been 9 days. I did cardio circuit this a.m at the gym doing running intervals on the treadmill, glute work on the EFX and rowing. Total time was 55 min. Can't wait to start running outside 3-4x a week when the kids start school. Only a week to go!

Linda- Thought about ya on the treadmill. Lucky for me, there's a tv on the treadmill. Watched All Star workouts for motivation. I also hate it when the kids interrupt me when I work out, too. Both of them know better now. I don't mind them in the room when I do other workouts but when I do the step, forget it. I always get real scared of hurting them. They know when they see the step, they're not allowed to stay in the room.

Debbie, Char, WD, and everyone else, your workouts looked GREAT! :)

Super Bionics, where art thou? I haven't seen you too much lately. :)

Did anyone ever lose an appetite for 3 days? It's been 3 days and I still don't have an appetite. Everything looks so disgusting and I'm not in the mood to chew or anything. No, I'm not pregnant which I am happy about. I just feel very BLEH.

Anyway, that's my sob story for the day. Have a great day everyone!

Meals for today

High calorie day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/4 strawberries & 2 oz. pineapple (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake w/4 strawberries & 2 oz. pineapple (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 3/4 c. oats, 1 tbsp. Natually More PB, 1 tbsp. flaxseed
M4: 4 oz. turkey on 1 slice Ezekiel bread; 2 tbsp. raw almonds; peach
M5: 1 cup cottage cheese w/ 1/2 c. pineapple
M6: Potato Cod; sauteed veggies w/ 2 tsp. parm cheese; 5 oz. sweet potato
M7: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

2201 calories (2200 is target)
53 g. fat - 22%
211 g. protein - 38% (201 g. is target)
227 g. carbs - 41%

I REALLY wish I could like cottage cheese. It's all I can do to eat it. Even with stuff in it. I don't like the flavor, the texture or the smell. It's weird because I can usually acquire a taste for almost anything, but not this nasty stuff!

Lisa, I have not had such a big appetite lately. May be because I am alone right now and have gotten rid of the junk. Now I have to cook or prepare something and that is not so convenient and most stuff just doesn't sound appealing. I am force feeding myself. Otherwise I am tempted to stop for an ice cream sundae:eek: Today I had cottage cheese post workout and some salmon on a salad for lunch. So I am doing better. I have been going after the fruit snacks and cereal bars in the grandchildrens goodie bars just because I don't want to make anything:eek:
I do have times where I don't feel like eating and then times where I make up for it. Does leave one feeling weak and tired though when you don't eat right.

Debbie, I like cottage cheese. Although I don't like it plain. I sprinkle sugar free decaf cappucino on it or raisins. Can't you just cook it in an omelet or something?? Maybe some crepes like they have in the Adkin's diet book with cottage cheese rolled up inside topped with some berries or sugar free fruit spread. Is pineapple supposed to be good?? I have been eating more of it lately. Bought the frozen Dole pineapple chunks.

Debbie, I like cottage cheese. Although I don't like it plain. I sprinkle sugar free decaf cappucino on it or raisins. Can't you just cook it in an omelet or something?? Maybe some crepes like they have in the Adkin's diet book with cottage cheese rolled up inside topped with some berries or sugar free fruit spread. Is pineapple supposed to be good?? I have been eating more of it lately. Bought the frozen Dole pineapple chunks.

Diane Sue, believe it or not I have tried everything. Even in eggs I can't stand the flavor it puts out. I guess I'll just have to chalk it up to "I tried" and move onto something different. I just don't know what yet.

Debbie - I love cottage cheese!!! My grandmother started me on the stuff when I was in kindergarten! She passed away when I was just ten, so I guess the stuff brings back alot of good memories as well! :D

Lisa - Drives me crazy when DH talks to me during a step workout. I am like "HELLO, I am try to listen AND concentrate here!" My kids will sometimes try and sit on my step when I am working out and they are up. I tell them to move and then they get mad at me when I run them over! It's like, I warned you! Thank goodness this does happen to often I am usually done by the time they crawl out of bed. Hope you find your energy, sleep and appetite soon. Wish my appetite would disappear for a couple of weeks! LOL!
Oh and good thing you said you weren't pregnant because that would have been my first guess!:p

Linda- I have run them over, stepped on them, and tripped over them while doing step aerobics. My h would yak when I work out at home. He gets real mad if I ignore him and tell him to talk afterwards. Just for fun, I yakked his ear off while he worked out. He got the point and now leaves me alone. :D The little guy would yell at me in anger whenever I told him to do something else. Now he waits until I finish and he'll fool around on the step. My dog was quick to learn to STAY FAR AWAY from me while I work out at home. As soon as she hears me moving quickly, she runs right out of the room and stays out until I'm done. LOL

Debbie- I LOVE cottage cheese with fresh fruit in it. I've heard if you put jam in it, it tastes better for some people. Did you try that?

WD- I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've been aiming for healthy pre-made stuff because I don't feel like cooking or moving around much. I do cook for the kids which is simple but for myself, I'm like eh. Also, I've been very hot lately. For about 6 months. I'm 30 so I don't know if I'm about to start meno? Hope this funk goes away soon. How's Bill by the way?

Here is my workout...so late posting cuz everyone just hasto be computer and now my cat wants to stick her face on keyboard..so I am typing around her...

Anyhow, I already have DOMS from this most especially in the glutes and I was getting cranky cuz everyone was asking me to do this and that and I REALLY needed to lay down cuz it is on fire already. lol

1:30 minutes between each set and exercise

LEGS
Squats:
180# - 6
200# - 6
170# - 10
160# - 12/12

Sissy Squats:
3 sets of 12

Static Lunge:
95# - 6/6
110# - 10
90# - 12/12

Leg Extensions:
90# - 10/8 (frying out fast here after them sissy squats which shocked my legs since I never did them before)

Deadlifts (I suck at hamstring curls):
120# - 10/10
***By this time I was fried.

ABS
Crunches: 40 and then 40 to each side for oblique crunches

Lol, oh, my cat always has to get on the keyboard when I'm trying to type! If I'm lucky she'll lose interest and trot off, or lie on the back of the desk, but she has to always make that initial leap up so as to stick her face two inches from mine and purr.

I like cottage cheese pretty well, but I must say, for me, adding anything in it makes it bad. Sometimes I get these fruit/cottage cheese dishes at work, and fortunately they don't mix it all together, but I still am not pleased by the cottage cheese touching the fruit.

Tonight's workout was Pyramid Lower Body, which should have been last night's workout, but I got distracted and then I was too tired. Gotta get up much earlier than usual for work tomorrow (boo!) so off to bed early, or early for me, anyway.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.