Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs 5-24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Manias -

My rotation calls for an interval run and Kickmax Leg Drills. I'll probably do a Cardio Coach and maybe some yoga. I slept too long. I've really got to try getting up earlier or I'm never going to get my butt out of bed when I get a job. I NEVER hear my alarm! Be back later.

Good Morning
My butt legs are so sore from yesterdays workout! Today is gymstyle chest pushups and LIC upperbody 2x through.

Lora what rotation are you doin? Great workout by the way:)
Its hard to get up and workout early. I only get up this early if I have to work at 10am.
Have a great day!
Randi

Good morning, todays workout is Amy's Kick Box Extreme and M&F Legs and calves. I got up earlier so maybe I will accomplish something today:) I need to get up earlier all of the time. School will be out soon and I want to get done sooner so I have time to play with the grandchildren.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I ended up doing Cardio Coach #3 - no cooldown - then did Kickmax Leg Drills with stretch. Total workout was around 1 hour and I burned 350 calories at the end of the leg drills....250 at the end of CC. I also did Kristin McGee's Power Yoga. It was challenging after all of the leg work, but I liked it. My legs are fried from Imax 3 Tues, Squeeze on Wed and now leg drills today and tomorrow I'm supposed to do a leg workout.

Suz - re: being bummed about finding a job - I am very glad I'm home right now and able to help Mom out. I've also been here thru Pandora's sickness and getting the new kitty. I'm sure God planned it that way. Actually, I do need and want a job....although I'm not really looking forward to it after being off for so long. I'm getting spoiled being home. I'm trying to enjoy my last days not working, as my unemployment will be up in July .....so even if I don't have a secretarial/medical job, I'll need to get whatever job I can find at that time. Who knows where I'll end up!

Diane Sue - Thanks for the directions. I'm going to get a casserole dish from my Mom's when I go over there later today. I've cut back on my cardio last week and on a few days this week - do you think I can ramp it back up with the extra cardio for a couple weeks now? or do you think I should wait another week or so? Did you ever see what rotations you liked for me? or find the Cardio Coach one? I noticed you usually do about an hour of cardio every day -- so doesn't your body get used to that? I always thought you had to vary the times of your cardio so your body doesn't adjust.

Randi - I'm doing Cathe's January rotation for weight loss since I need to lose these few pounds....a couple from our recent vacation and then some!! I'm not really into the rotation, however, with every thing going on in my life right now, it's easier to follow a piece of paper. What rotation are you doing?

Gotta run.......must do my neck stretches and get ready to go grocery shopping. I also have to find out if my Mom has all of the Home Health Care items she needs for coming home on Friday. She needs all kinds of stuff. She's a bit down today. She doesn't think she's ever going to feel better. Poor Mom.

Have great workouts. I'll be around later.

Just finished my workout hurt my neck and a little down my back doing those push ups where you go down on your knees and straighten your legs coming up on LIC. It hurts so bad pissed off cause I couldnt do abs! I have a icy hot patch on it.
Off to work:(
Randi

Day off today. Workout with trainer yesterday was all legs. I am in agony. Especially upper hamstrings. 3 sets of lunges with light weight, 3 sets of squats still light weight, 3 sets of 50 calf raises with 15 lbs dumbbells, then used resistance pully thing and did three sets of 20 leg lifts outer thigh and inner. Did I say ouch??

And he said it will hurt worse on the 2nd day. Ugh.

But a good challenge none the less. Tomorrow a run if I can move otherwise cycling program on the stationary bike.

How's everyone doing today? Jobs? Work? American Idol feedback?

Julie
Fit Over 40

Finished my workout and had to go pick up my grandson from school because he is not feeling well. I am just getting around to eating. Good thing Ii had my protein powder and coffee this am. I did Amy's Kickbox Extreme then the Muscle and Fitness legs and calves workout.

MEF rotation all with 1 minute rests
squat bowflex 200# 8 reps 3 sets
leg press 310# 12 reps 3 sets
dumbbell lunge 35# dumbbells 8 reps 3 sets
leg extensions bowflex 200# 8 reps 3 sets
lying leg curl bowflex 100# 8 reps 3 sets
standing calf raise 35# dumbbells 15 reps 2 sets
leg press calf raise bowflex 310# 20 reps 2 sets
seated calf raise 95# barbell 20 reps 2 sets

Welocme to the check in Teddy Girl:)

Lora, I had pulled out the cc rotation and a couple of Cathe's that I was going over but, had put them away when we had company the other day. I will get back to you with it. I have to go to the desk top computer to send the CC one. I change up my cardio once in awhile. It does stay around 1 hour most of the time. Once in awhile I will up the time too just for the shock the body benefit. When I did the M&F Hers rotation I lowered to around 40 minutes a day. Another method I have used that was beneficial was alternating weeks of concentrated heavy weight work and shorter intense cardios with the following week endurance and longer cardios.

Julie, it looks like your trainer put you through a tough workout:)

Debbie, I bet you will be ready for getting back into the workouts. After the two days I was feeling pretty energetic.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hello Ladies!

My trip to the dentist went well..no cavaties!!!! YEAH! I took some time to do NOTHING today and laid in sun just for a base tan. Tomorrow back to work. My body is still sore anyhow.

Charlotte~~

Hello Ladies!

Quick check-in for me. Was only able to get one girlfriend to ride this morning before work. 20 miles. It was 25 degrees. Brrr... But our other groupie was bummed after we told her how nice it was. :) No wind! You know how much we live for those days here!!!

Gotta run.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hello lovelys..
Hi Teddy.
I have been trying to read. everytime i had time today, the phone rang or a cust...

Did Back and shoulders and abs..
Had a good w/o. Almost could not finish the reps. I have to take a little longer break when i am trying to go heavier..

Suz, i could not ride bikes in 25 deg...wow. I would be numb..

Char, get a job yet??

Well, gonna go catch up ... Later daisies..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.