Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs 5-17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Cardio Coach 4 and then extended the steady state phase at the end to extend it to a longer workout. I also added my own stretch at end. Cardio with stretch was 60" and I burned 389 calories. I also did Baron Baptiste's Unlocking Athletic Power yoga 30".

I've got another busy day. Grocery store, dentist, and meeting with the Social Worker later, as well as things to take care of at Mom's house. I have to admit that I'm a bit depressed that she hasn't progressed better so far. She still can't even move her leg or stand up and walk with the walker. She can only stand with the walker long enough to get to the toilet. I guess I'm just anxious for her to get better.

Have great workouts and great days everyone. I'll be back later.

Toasty - let me know how the job interview goes.

Diane Sue - what else did you get besides Tracey Staehle step and Kelly Coffey's step boxing? Are you going to get a Bosu cardio workout now?

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well I was shaking alot of hands yesterday after I put on Blinding Glory of Love. lmao! Went to car dealership to get a new car as we traded in a few..now down to 5.

Today plans for a long bike ride..20 mile range, 500 walking lunges with 20# db's and some additional glute work. Today is my day to really bring it as I don't have anything else I "have" to do. Groceries? I need to eat. Hmmm.. somebody get them for me..PLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE.

Lora,

Sorry to hear about your mom. How old is she, if you don't mind me asking?

Charlotte~~

Toasty -she's 78 but she's a young 78. She still cuts her own grass, drags bags of mulch around the yard, walks on the treadmill, washes her walls, etc. She does more freakin' house and yard work than me!! She's also very independent. Lost my father when she was my age and is one strong women. That's why I was so upset yesterday when she told me on the phone that this is the worst thing to ever happen to her in her life and she's not sure she can make it thru this.

I don't think I went heavy enough on my leg workout yesterday (PLB). I'm only mildly sore. I dont' want to go too heavy....as I don't want my lower half to bulk. What is considered keeping it lighter? No heavier than what?

Well, I think this will be my last workout until May 26th. I'm just tired and my body isn't cooperating with me. It's just a chore to do my workouts. Plus I'm feeling some slight pain in my right shoulder and my low back is tight. I think it's time for a break. So I'll quit this rotation and then pick it back up with Week 3 on May 26th.

Today was Shoulders and Back. Struggled to get through this workout but I did pretty well considering the way I'm feeling.

1:30 min rest.
Barbell Press: 60# - 4 sets/6 reps
superset w/
Pullups: 4/5/6/5 **put on my ankle weights for the first set. Stupid move! WTF was I thinking?

2 min. rest
Arnold Press: 20's for 1 set of 8 - 22's for 3 sets of 8
superset w/
Chins: 8/6/5/6

2 min. rest
Front Raise: 12's
superset w/
T-bar Rows: 55#
3 sets/10 reps

Then I did the ab work from Cardio & Weights. Those walking soldier planks are tough!

Lora - I'm sorry to hear about your mom. That's hard. I have a real hard time watching my parents age.

Hope you all have a great workout!

Good Morning:)

Today is cardio....dont know what im going to do...

well yesterday i did something kinda stuiped, I joined a gym:7 The registration costs are my birthday present and the monthly costs i think i can manage and even if i cant fitness is worth it! Know i have more options:) I was thinking about starting the M&F rotation that Diane Sue sent me on MOnday.

I think the time has come to get a better job, so im going to start handed out resumes, i think i should finally grow up and get full time,that is if i can find it.x(

Lora-Thats so sad about your mom, this must really be hard for her and for you, she sounded so independent

well i have rambled on enough, i better get going.
Have a great day everyone

Good morning everyone. I was cruisin around town driving the firetruck last night. So cool! ANyway. I am just starting to feel a little soreness in my shoulders, and my weight was 136.6 this morning. Lowest yet. Pleased. Although all my jeans are falling off my tush!

Michelle- have fun at the gym and good luck with finding another job.

Deb- enjoy your time off. Your body deserves it! You have really been rocking it lately.

Lora- sorry about your mom. You are doing a great job taking care of her though.

Char- 500 walking lunges seriously makes me cringe. Not my favorite, but they do work, that's for sure. So you have with that!!! And please go to the market!! You need mega protien for that WO LOL!!!!!

Oh, not sure about the WO yet, but of course I will let ya'll know. I really want to go for a run, since my IPOD was replaced, but not sure if that will be possible.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good morning!

Long time no chat. :) Work has been nusto. So much stress. I hope that working out balances the stress in my body. I hear so much about what stress does to your insides, your heart, making extra fat around it. Eeeewwww. I just hope I'm counteracting that. When I'm stressed so much at work I don't sleep and I'm just a wreck! But hopefully things are calming down. Of course I think I said that last week and the week before that! I had my last of 3 big presentations last night - to our board and it went great. Whew! But that wasn't even one of my stressors as I didn't find out about it until Friday. We have a great board. I'm finshed now for 3 years.

ANYWAY, been doing LOTS of cycling outside finally. Our regular morning rides have begun before work and it's been great. As much as I didn't want to ride with the fast girls, I'm glad I decided to. Not only does it feel great because it pushes me, we're all such close friends. I've been slacking more on the weight work though - only getting in a couple of days a week since I've been working so much (but still 6 days a week of cardio for 3 more weeks). :( And I only want to lift legs once a week during cycling season anyway. But I don't want to let my upper body go! DH said he noticed my cut arms when we were at a party last weekend since I've lost those 10 pounds. Gotta love that. :) I mean, I have to be standing just the right way - they're certainly not cut like some of you, but for me...

Lora - I'm sorry about your mom. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Gotta run. Have great workouts everyone!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hey Maniacs! Todays plans are another Slim Series workout and another Mt. Bike ride. If I weren't so worried about losing muscle, I'd probably cut out the workouts altogether and just focus on the bike riding. On some of the Mt. biking sites I've visited, Most just ride, nothing else, and some might workout with wieghts only in the off season. I'd really like to know what is the best way to train to be a more effcient Mt Biker. If you want any type of training tips you have to pay for it. No freebies that I've seen.

Lora- Sorry to hear your mom is not getting better as fast as you'd hoped. Hopefully, she'll bounce back in a few days.

Char- Sounds like a killer day you have planned. Get those walking lunges over with first. Your legs will be toast after that long ride.}( What kind of car did you get?

Debbie- Good thinking! You want that shoulder to heal before it gets any worse. Our bodies need a break just like our minds do once in awhile.

Michelle- I don't think it's stupid to join a gym. You might have all kinds of fun there. What kind of job do you have and what will you be looking for? I'm a part-timer too and don't want to grow up and work full-time. LOL!

Meg- I wish I could have seen you driving in the fire truck! How cool! Great job on the low weight! Better loose pants than tight.:)

Suz- Glad to hear from you again. It's tough to get in the weight workouts when you ride alot isn't it? That's exactally what I'm going through lately. How long of rides are you going on in the mornings? Sounds like so much fun going with your friends. Great job on the 10# loss and the arm definition.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I did the bike ride first. lol. Almost time for Aunt Fanny Flo to visit so I am not feeling the love so kept my bike ride around 10 miles. Disappointed I didn't go more, but got to listen to my body plus I still have lunges to do..after I eat 50 million cals and do some stretching then I will be fine with those.

Bionics,

Honda SI...brownish gold metallic color. Hubby is thrilled with it. Yeah, I would like tips on mountain biking. Smelled alot of wild roses today while riding. Very nice out. I wish you could bottle up that smell and the house would always smell like that..so nice. Right now, I smell "NEW" in my house. lol

Debbie,

Sounds like a good idea to rest up. Nice workout as ALWAYS!

Lora,

Well your mom sounds like a heck of a woman. As for lower body, I would just use what Cathe is using for weights if you are afraid to bulk, but personally I feel like you probably won't bulk much and just burn more. JMHO

Meg,

You need to upload new pictures of your bad self. I bet you can't wear those jeans I sent you anymore, huh? I bought a pair today and they are size 7's. Go figure. Just the make..as I have 1's too. lol or maybe I am just too bloated today??? lol

Suz,

I don't ride fast either. I just want to make it up a hill and I am happy. lol. I like to take a speed that challenges me, but won't tire me out too quickly lest I won't make it back home. lol. Just listen to your body and do what feels good for you.

Michele,

Good luck in all your endeavors.

Good afternoon, I started my morning with a 2 1/4 mile run on the treadmill. I got to bed late and then couldn't sleep. I had a dentist appointment this morning and am so tired. Had all of the prep work done for two crowns but they are sending me to an endodontics office for a root canal the 30th:( I stopped at the store and got myself some sugar free, lowfat peanut butter fudge icecream to eat for lunch. They said no hard or chewy stuff for awhile. I did not have breakfast. I may do some abs and a little something else. I need some stretching. I have to go pick up all 5 of my grandchildren from school today.

Lora, I got the oils:) Thanks so much. I may be needing to try these today. I woke with a headache again. I ended up taking some Excedrin and drinking green tea before I went to the dentist. I don't think all of that drilling helped me out any. Another dvd I got id Kimberly Spreen absolutely kickbox, and her Kickbox bootcamp.
I was thinking that I might look into a couple of bosu workouts. I thought that Seasun had one. Not sure the title though. I don't want something with difficult choreography though.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Dallys - We go for an hour and a half in the mornings. Depending on our route, hills and wind we go 22 or 23 or 24 miles. Hopefully as the season progresses those miles will increase. It's a struggle with the weight work and trying to be a good cyclist. Oh, what to do, what to do. :)

Char - Yeah, I'd like to go slow and smell the flowers, but no go with these girls. They don't know how! But like I said, it's good for me. I work my @ss off and I definitely feel finished when I'm done! They totally kick my butt.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hey there! Just finished up "Tear it up" it's a 78 min. workout. I was really sweating with this one. Now I'm eating lunch. Artichoke with some cottage cheese for dip. I'm going to take Carma out for a bike ride in a few. Hope I don't come across any more snakes. Suns out, so they are probably all hiding.

Char- I love all the smells (except the dead deer, yuck!) while I'm out riding. There are all these georgous spring flowers blooming up in the hills. Also, my own roses are starting to bloom and I have one really strong smelling red rose bush. It's twice as strong as my others. Love it!

Suz- Dang! How early do you have to get up for that ride? I need to start doing that. It's going to get too hot to go in the middle of the day soon. I'm real pokey riding on the road. Course, I'm on a Mt. Bike, but Dh just blows a poof of dust at me and then he's gone. I'm sure I'd be slow with a road bike too. It is nice to have people that push you (like my Dh and your friends) but, sometimes it's nice to go at your own pace and enjoy more. Least that's how I feel sometimes.

Diane Sue- Sorry to hear you might need a root canal. Doesn't sound fun.

Changed my plans. It was to hot to take Carma, so she went in the garage (she was P*ssed) and I took off from the house. Went on a real steep hill route. It took a steady 25 min. climb to get to the top and 10 min. to get down...Weeeeeee! It's only 5 miles, but a great leg burner. I also need to slowly get used to riding in the warmer weather. I can get sick real easy if it's to hot. Last weekend I had to cut a ride short because I started to get dizzy from the heat. And it's not even that hot yet! It's 85 degrees today.

Meg- You are lookin' hot girl! You seriously are the hottest one at that party.}(

Meg - you look really good. Your hair got so long. It's good to have you back and checking in with us daily. I've missed you.

Toasty - thanks for the leg advice.

Diane Sue - the name of the Bosu workout (also has the Sharon Twombly Circuit workout) is called Double Cardio by CIA. The Bosu cardio is fairly easy to follow. Nothing like her step, but it's not boring in the least. I find it really gets my HR up. I like it. Might have to bring the ol' Bosu up and do that one this weekend. I can't keep my Bosu upstairs, as the cats could claw it with their back claws and put a hole in it. I hope the oils help. Thanks for telling me about the SW Salad from McD's. I've been eating them this week for lunch, as I've been on the go so much and not had time to make anything. I like the dressing. It's spicy.

Michelle- can't wait for you to get your yoga.

Suz - good to see you. Sorry you're so stressed out. I hope things calm down soon.

Hi to anyone I missed.

I met with my Mom's Social Worker, etc and they estimate her stay there at 4 weeks, but everyone is different. I wasn't expecting that long. I hope it's not longer than that. Poor Brookie hasn't been seeing me much these days.

Maeghan, you are looking great. Looks like you were having fun:)

Dallys, they said I was going to have to get a root canal. I was so hoping to get this over with quickly. Not another hour and a half in the dentist chair. I love roses. I used to have pretty ones at our other house. I planted some here and put them by the back door so I could smell them when I come in. My dogs ate them to nubs:( I would have thought the thorns would deter them.

Lora, I used the grr today. My headache seems to have lightened up some. I will check out the Double Cardio dvd. I remember you talking about it when you first got it. I did Kimberly Spreen's Kickbox bootcamp this afternoon before I had to leave again. I thought it was a pretty good workout. I had not done it yet. I like how she keeps you moving during the weight work.

Debbie, enjoy your rest. You have put in some very heavy weights on those Super Sets.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Lora,

Your welcome!

Meg,

DANG! You are looking very hot. I see your biceps are really coming out too. I am so very happy for you in your progress..really very motivating and inspiring.

Charlotte~~

Hey Ladies:)
Just got done doin Supersets upper body blast. That was a good upper body workout. Does anyone know of a harder premix on SS or PP? Legs are really sore from PLB yesterday I either matched Cathe's weight or went 5 lbs heavier on some exercises.
Have a great night
Randi

Did a fantastic cardio using Imax 2 and 30 min. on the treadmill. It was great. Tomorrow will do full body workout on the smith machine.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.