HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS TGIF

buttercup78

Cathlete
Happy Friday Ladies-

yesterday I did Yoga to the Rescue for Neck and Shoulders. It seems to work a lot at opening the chest and front of the shoulders. It was not a bad sequence but a little too "earthy" for my taste. I think I lean a bit more towards the athletic stretch type :p It did not, however, help w/ my trap tightness. But I got some analagesic muscle rub that helped quite a bit. I think I need a new pillow and more stretching and I may be human again soon enough :)

On a side note, I had an epiphany yesterday (cannot figure out why this came NOW) and realized I have a horrible relationship w/ food. I try to eat healthy all the time, feel deprived, eat crappy food, feel bad, and keep this viscious cycle going over and over. I thought I was doing better w/ the 30 day challenge of no wheat and no diet soda but all I wanted were those two things when I said I couldn't eat them. So, I am going to k-i-s-s by removing all "rules" I place on myself. I am going to eat what I want, spend less time thinking about food, more time on other hobbies, and really asking myself if it's what I want before I eat it. The only guidelines I hope to follow are trying to say "not right now" to things that make me feel less than stellar (sugar and soda do that to me), eating a bit slower to taste food, and eating when I am truly hungry. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted, so I hope it lasts :)

ttyl

Last edited:
Theresa - I can COMPLETELY relate to what you are saying about the food "relationship" issues. I feel the same way - whenever I impose rules I get out of control. I like your idea, and I think I'll copy that thinking - with your permission, of course! :D I'm glad the stretching and Yoga are helping with the neck issues.

Today was Butts & Gutts - although really only "Butts" because I did manage a good core workout yesterday after my "wimpy" cardio workout. I felt really good working out this morning and was lifting even a bit heavier than normal.

Tomorrow I have a host of activity planned (weather permitting - hope the T-Storms hold off until late afternoon at camp). I am going to aim for GS Chest and Tri's and then a 3.2 mi run. After that I will take the pups for a 2 hour hike up a moderate mountain, and then hit the boat for a few hours of swimming. I hope to drop at least a little bit of the extra pounds I have found. :(

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Cheryl

This morning I did Turbo Fire 45 class 45 minutes 341 calories, Max HR 164. Probably would have been better burn but some of the moves were so fast and I was trying to get them down so noticed at that point my HR had dropped to 127. Chalene keeps repeating for awhile so I was catching on by the end of the segment. Then I did Burn Circuit 1 which was a bonus workout from Chalene Extreme. I liked the slower pace compound moves with heavier weights. I felt it worked shoulders, back, chest, and lower but seemed to miss biceps and triceps. 35.45 minutes 160 calories, I followed with Turbo Fire Tone 30 which uses tubing and the lower body badn because it hit more lower with biceps and triceps, 31 minutes 125 caloreis, I followed with Turbo Fire Abs 20 20 minutes 55 calories using the red tubing. I liked this one:D
Total time spent 2 hr 11 minutes and calories burned 681.
DD just called and I have to run and pick her up.

Theresa, I keep forgetting to tell you what I think of the Slim Series Cardio Sculpt Express. I really like it. I use heavier weights that Debbie and feel like I get an efficient workout with some cardio which I intensify a little and not a bunch of impact.

Hi -

Yesterday I did Imax 3 and MMA Fusion. Enjoyed both of them. Thinking about it, I realized that the second and third combos in ALL the MMA's are my favorites. Sometime soon, I think I'll do a workout incorporating those from all three. I was going to do Muscle Endurance today, except I just dropped the disc. Face up, but the impact was just 'perfect' and it split :confused: I wonder if SNM will replace a disc even when it's your own stupid fault that it no longer works? Guess I'll write and ask. Anyway, maybe I'll do Power Hour instead.

Theresa - Yes. You sound very good and sound and on track. I really admire/appreciate the work you're doing. I will stay off my soapbox about what women put themselves through with deprivation and food and all the emotional stuff tied in there (though that was a pretty jam packed little sentence right there ;) ). You sound very ... empowered. And if you hit some bumps in your road, we (and no doubt, lots of other people in your life) are here. You go.

Cheryl - Glad you had a good workout :) . Your weekend sounds great (as always). I WANT TO GO CAMPING. I just ache reading about the stuff you do. May have to plan a weekend - somewhere - ANYwhere - for me and DS (if I ever catch up from being gone last weekend).

Diane Sue - New workouts always take a bit with the learning curve, huh? You had a great one today - really liked your mix of stuff. I checked out some clips of the Turbo Fire workouts a few days ago so I 'd have a better sense of what those are about. They look good. Was/is your dd's birthday dinner last night or tonight? I was thinking yesterday was Friday all day (channeling Cheryl ? :p ) - I think because DS went to his dad's. So now, I'm all confused and was telling you to enjoy your evening yesterday, but I'm not sure that made any sense and ... :confused: Anyway. If I botched the timeline and/or facts, you've been very gracious (as ever) about it. Whatever the case, I hope you did or will enjoy your family time. I am done trying to dig out of this hole. For now :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Lori

Today I did back and biceps. I have seen some check-ins about some of you doing Turbo Fire. Is this a good workout and can someone give me some info about it. Thanks, ladies.

The family all left. I took the grandchildren to the library and ran some errands even had time to help the girls paint their nails and paint designs on them:D I made enchiladas for dinner but also made Clean Eating Maui Black Bean Soup. That is what I ate with salad . Everyone seemed to like it:D Tomorrow should be more relaxed. I will be getting my haircut and relaxing with dh:D

Roselyn, I think Turbo Fire gets the HR up there. There are several Hiit workouts. To me Chalene is a high energy fun instructor. The music is great. How to describe her workout style if you have never done it, to me would be that it incorporates kickbox, lots of core, capoiera, in a dancey style. There are several Hiit workouts.

Lori, I posted a lot of upcoming activity the other day as I was running through:) I figured you just caught that there was a birthday. Actually yesterday I took the granddaughters to paint ceramics and we came back here and they stayed the night. Today was their mothers birthday dinner:) Sorry you broke your Muscle Endurance workout. I did that with a foam roller dvd. It hit just right to break it:confused: I always thought these things were supposed to be virtually indistructable and last a lifetime.

Theresa, I hear you on food. Although I love most things healthy other things will still call out to me. I thought you were doing pretty good with the sodas and alcohol. It does get frustrating. I think it takes lots of motivation and will power to stick with a strict plan. I do best if I have a vacation or event coming up. Also the more I read about food and look at recipes the more I want to eat LOL

Thanks Diane Sue - I think I did finally get straight with it once I realized what day it actually was today ... and yesterday :eek: Summer sometimes does this to me (all the days just sort of run together :confused: ). Dinner sounded good - hope you had a nice time and glad tomrrow will be calmer. I was REALLY bummed about the ME/BC DVD :( And yes, that's just what happened to me - smack - it landed perfectly flat and split perfectly in half. Some of the segments from those workouts are on The Terminator, but it's just not the same *sigh* . Have fun getting your haircut. I actually made an appointment for myself on Tuesday (soonest they could see me). Are you going with a new style or just getting a trim?

Hope everyone had a good Friday -

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.