HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS TGIF 1/22

buttercup78

Cathlete
This maniac took it easy yesterday. I went on a 30 min walk with my dog and then did two segments of yoga. Today will be more of the same. O told me to try ZMA at bedtime to help w/ the cramping as it may be a mineral deficiency.

BBL
Theresa

Good morning

This morning I did CC#8 I. My calves was so sore this morning, yesterday I could barely walk from GS legs workout:confused: 15 minutes into my run my calves started to loosen up a bit.

Stats:

460 cals burned
3.63 miles traveled
54:00 minutes travelled

Hi Theresa – I love walking I travel hours in the summer time, really helps to clear my head. Enjoy your day:)

Add-on.................................................................................

Deb: Thanks! I am excited about STS workouts, smiling and dancing again by the time I press play. The w/o really flew by so quickly, looking forward to d-2 tomorrow. Saturday, I re-order P90X dvd’s I have the tapes, this time, I plan to finish it to the end. Wait! and about a mllion others that's just sitting collection dusks. I plan to check out a few STS cardio dvd's as well. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Today was full body again. Had a really good workout, I'm loving this rotation. It's my most favorite ever!

Today was 3 sets/15 reps with 2 minutes rest between each exercise.

Tricep Band Extensions (overhead) - Red/Blue bands
***These felt good, got a good burn. Sometimes I just love band work.

Dumbbell Calf Raises - 35's
***Alternated with toes pointed forward, out and in. Should have gone a little heavier.

Decline Dumbbell Press - 30's
***This felt good, by the last 3 reps my chest and shoulders were burning.

Dumbbell Pullover - 25#
***I have a tightness in my upper back again so I had to be careful with this one. Felt great, though, I love this exercise.

Leg Press Station - 135#
***Really felt this in my hamstrings and glutes. I'm so glad I got this piece of equipment.

Hammer Front Raise - 10's
***Tried 12's and it wasn't happening. Even 10's were a bit of a challenge. Got a great burn.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

I started with Tracey's new Cardio Kickbox Challenge 20 minutes mix 151 calories max HR 151, then I did Rachel Cosgroves workout B 47 minutes 303 calories, I followed with MMA Kickbox skipping the w/up 44 minutes 328 calories max HR was 158. I had to leave so when I came back I did Kelly's 30 minutes to fitness bootcamp w/up and bonus stretch and followed with foam rolling(Olivia did this with me on the small roller)34 minutes 130 calories. Total calories today was 912.
Rachel's workout went like this:Moves vary between 30 and 60 second rests.
upper body core stability Russian twist-3X12 15# med ball
prone cobra- 3 sets holding for 60 seconds
lateral raise w/ external rotation- 3x12 reps 15# dumbbells
single leg single arm Romanian deadlift- 1x12 each 25# kettlebell;2x12 35# kettlebell
split stance cable single arm pullover- I used tubing doubled with a door attachment 3x12 reps each left and then right
Bulgarian Split squat -3x12 reps each 25# dumbbells
split stance cable row- 3x12 reps using 1" superband and door attachment
added on 3 sets squat concentration curls 12 reps 25#

Theresa, walking the dog and yoga sounds nice and relaxing:) What is ZMA?

Debbie, nice workout again. Is hammer front raise a hammer curl into a front raise?

Theresa, good job getting in CC#8. It sounds like you are pumped to get back into things:D

Teddy-welcome back to the check-ins :D I look forward to the opportunity to get to know you

Debbie-nice workout as usual. I'm glad you are liking the rotation

Diane Sue-ZMA is a mineral supplement that contains zinc and magnesium. She thought my cramps may possibly be due to a lack of some minerals, so I will get some soon.

The rest day helped but I am still sore

Theresa

I dared to try P90X Back & Biceps today. And I decided not to be anybody's hero. I used bands for all the pull up and even took one band off (so I only had two. I also dropped all teh weight for back exercises by 5#. I just did nice slow controlled movements and added isometric holds to make up for the drop in weight. For biceps I pretty much kept the weight the same except for one exercise I dropped back a bit to make sure my shoulders didn't try to assist. Over all it went well, some minor ache during and didn't really feel any ache after. But just know finished moving some furniture and now my shiulder is aching pretty good.:confused::(:confused::(.

Debbie - I have two more weeks after this one of weights for P90X then I final recovery week.

Theresa
- Hope that supplement helps!

Welcome back Teddy!

DianeSue - Olivia on the foam roller sounds cute!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.