Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Superhero's Bionic Women Check In 11/8/2006

Good Morning Hero's!!!!

Lora, where are you?

Yesterday I worked arms. Something is happening with my body, but I am not seeing anything change off measuring tape. My weight is 119 now. My BMI went from 17.7% to 18.4%. My bodyfat is STILL THE SAME!!! WOOHOO...at 13.4%. I am doing the happy dance!!!!

Today I will work legs (not sure what workout yet) and shoulders and do all the ab segments to the new dvds.

Charlotte~~

Well, Laura, 20 more lbs and you will be me...
I can't believe you are trying to gain weight.
Maybe the Cheetos helped.....
That BM2 did wipe me last night. I think you are drained from the cardio when you hit the weights. I can do much less than like in the GS.
Lora, glad you are enjoying the new w/o's.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good morning.

Lora- sounds like a fun WO. Glad you are enjoying them, and great cal burn. I will let you know about those yoga vids.

Anne- looks like the new WO's are doing a number on you! THat's great. I am sure your body will respond in a good way too.

Char- that's great about your body increasing it's muscle. I am happy that you are finally seeing results. Good for you!

Not sure what I am doing today. Will get back to you all on that!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

All those chemicals in that salon must have went into your brain...who is Laura? Not I! LMAO! Stay away from the hairspray...spray away from face, not up your nose!!! LOL! WAKE UP, ANNE! You crack me up!

So BM2 wiped ya out? I only did the corework from that one. No do cardio.

Charlotte~~

I was lauging at Anne calling you Laura too. WTF? ROTFLMAO!!! Anne, what are you taking this morning, you maniac!?

Charlotte - EXCELLENT progress. Dang girl, you ROCK!!

I'm starting a new rotation using the Doggcrapp method (DC method). If anyone is interested in reading about it the website is: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=16023

Its a program using negatives for all the exercises. You work to failure with each set. Between each set you take 11-15 deep breaths and then start the set again. After each muscle group you do intense stretching to reduce muscle soreness. You work each body part twice a week. Its quite intense but I didn't burn many calories doing it, but each muscle group was twitching by the time I got done. This is what I did:

Dumbbell Chest Press: 30# 9/4/4 reps (should have used 35#, could not go to failure)
Upright Rows: 45# 9/5/4 reps (should have went higher, could not go to failure but I did feel it big time)
Pullovers: 35# 10/5/3 reps
Close Grip Tricep Bench Press: 55# 10/5/4 reps
T-Bar Row: 45# 15 reps (with this exercise you work straight sets due to safety reasons.

Had some extra time so I worked my abs as well.
Workout was 56 min. was in my zone for only 9 minutes and burned only 158 calories. I need to up my cardio with this program, obviously. :(

Hope you all have great workouts!

Ok, Char, Brain warp and not enough coffee...
Don't ask me where i got it...I am terrible w names....
I had one of my young girls telling me she had ann autopsy yesterday.
I was hooting and you lived to tell about it...
I frosted my hair. It must be the blonde Deb....HEHEH...

She meant biopsy.
Char, 5 to go...Maybe out tomorrow..
I am eating a charlotte breakfast. Steak and green beans...

Has anyone tried the new birds eye steamer veggies.
5.5 min in micro and done. They are good..
Ate a bag of the broc and Caulif for dinner.
I have to bring food to work because the DH eats it all at home....
All i need is a stove shower and bed here and i could live here...

I really slept good. No pain today though.
Happy dance the elec. bill is only 224.Usually over 300.

Good for here with commercial rate...What a rip off...Business pays more.
B& G and LIC cardio tonite....
The plan..

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne,

LMAO!!! You are too funny! I am dying over here. She must be the girl from the new heroes show. LMAO! Your hubby sounds like me. I am the one eating all the food here. I can't be eating cheetos anymore. I know better. My son brings home candy bars from the theatre where he works. I tell him, "how sweet, now no more". I have him put the candy bars in his room. If I have a desperate moment for chocolate, I will have him bring me a piece of it. I will have to try the veggies. Do you eat any protein for dinner besides veggies? Nice breakfast this morning. I had Kelloggs Protein cereal instead. I go back and forth. I had to hurry up and do the Namaste Yoga this morning. Will do abs here soon. I guess I will just workout all day long??

Charlotte~~

Here's my post in case the people who check in later don't see it....since we posted at the same time this AM.

Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme - Upper Body Premix (48") and then I added core work from the DVD. I worked out for a little over an hour. As I mentioned in last night's post, this uses tons of equipment. I used 2 different resistance tubes, dumbells, loaded barbell, step, body bar, and medicine ball. In the premix I did T-Bar rows with both hands and then one hand at a time, dumbbell pullovers, chest press, shoulder raises holding dumbells and resistance tubing, shoulder throw aways with the tubing, bicep curls with the body bar and resistance tubing together, and then in and out biceps curls with the tubing, followed by triceps kickbacks, and seated one armed triceps extensions (subbed lying cross face triceps extensions for these - not allowed to do over the head movements).

I then added in parts of the core segment. We used a 10 pound dumbbell and medicine ball (my med ball is only 8 pounds). We did standing twist and throws, these bent over ab things standing with a dumbbell and then went to the floor for planks, side planks, crab, followed by pikes on the floor with our gliding discs on our feet and then put the gliding discs on our hands and did roll outs. I never really feel like I'm working my abs when I do this kind of work. (and again....my shoulders will not be thanking me for all of those pikes and planks)

I burned 300 calories in 1 hour and 10 minutes. This was a fun workout. The music was slightly better than on her last series. Amy looks great....very defined.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in from work.

Hi Maniacs! I did the Cardio timesaver segment of BodyMax 2. That one is 43 min. I did pretty good, only messed up on a few things. I'm not that used to the higher step. It was a great workout for the shorter time. I can't believe I was all happy when Jesse's girl came on. I don't ever remember liking that song. LOL! I'll do yoga later.

No time to talk. DH is hogging the computer. I hate that! LOL!

Editing to add: I'm frightened to do the whole workout!!!!!!!!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

You guys are cracking me up this morning!

I only have a couple of minutes. Gotta run to a meeting. BUT...

Did Butts & Guts this morning. Ouch! Tomorrow I will most likely crawl into my office. My bi's are SORE from BM2 the other day. Yay!!!

Quick question (or maybe not so quick) - since I'm planning to start P90X December 3 and I go to Mexico 2nd or 3rd week of February, I won't quite have 90 days in. That's not my question, I digress. Sorry. My question is this - I have read on other P90X threads around here that there isn't enough leg work or cardio. Since I want to lose about 10 pounds (ha! I've been saying this for about 7 years) and I also want to lose a few inches from my hips and my legs, should I add in more cardio and leg work or do P90X as is? I'm currently at my "Mexico" weight, but would like to be smaller and more toned. You can look at my picturetrail Mexico pics and see pretty much what I look like right now if you need a visual.

Wow, that wasn't quick. I'm just worried about not getting enough lower body results or any weight loss results with P90X so close to Mexico - even though I'm VERY excited about doing the rotation.

Thanks! Off to meet...

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good morning!
Yesterday i did Cardio and weight premix fromBM2 and my arms are so sore . Today i'm doing Cardio Fusion yeah!!! I couldnt imagine doing double upper body BM2 how sore my arms are going to be!
Randi

Suz,

I would think increasing miles on bike would help too. You still doing that?

BTW, I added ALOT more new pictures of our dogs, scenary where we live and concert pictures, if anyone has time to look.

Finished core work earlier and the yoga. Gonna make lunch now.

Charlotte~~

I'm already getting sore from my AM workout. I wish I could do Fluid Power Yoga at lunch!! A girl can dream!

Charlotte- It is so funny to look at your avatar then see you said you did yoga! LOL!!! Just kidding. Glad you are doing the yoga.

Lora- don't you hate it when you are totally into doing a WO, but you Can't do it. That always happens to me when we are outside playing. I feel like taking off and going for a run in the nice weather, but don't think it is a good idea to leave a bunch of kids alone LOL!!!

ETA: great pics. The fuzzies are too cute, and it looks like that concert was alot of fun. Thanks for sharing them!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Ok, Not much time here, but I'll answer Suz question.
Suz-Don't forget the doubles on P90X. I'm adding in 4 extra cardios a week not counting Plyo and kenpo. That's plenty. My cardios are not long though. 1/2 hr. to 50 min. My legs are really slimming down. I haven't done any extra leg work beside bike riding early in the rotation. Plyo is definitly a leg workout for me, as is Yoga X. Sounds like you might have time for the first two phases before Mexico. Just add in the doubles and I think you'll be fine. I haven't lost alot of weight, but the body fat loss is really showing up now. You look fantastic in your Pictures! You are georgous! I wouldn't worry to much if I were you.:)
~~Dallys~~

Today I did Cardio Coach#5 on the treadmill. I went on to make it an hour and ran 5.25 miles. I then did the Butts & Gutts overall legs premix and added in the core work. This premix says 1 hr 5 min. It was 1 hr 3.5 min.. It did some of the standing work and the bonus all the bonus lower work, all of the floor work and repeated the ankle weight table lage lifts and hydrants. I used 5 # for these and my legs and glutes were definitely feeling it. I also held a 15# dumbbell over my hip on the glute lifts with the platform. I upped the standing leg work except the walking lunges which I kept at 10# dumbbells because of those plie hops.

Lora, that was a good calorie burn for a weight workout. It sounds like some interesting new ways to train.

Charlotte, those pictures of the pets are so cute. I like the puppy and kitty one. That is adorable. Stinky sleepy is cute. You look so young in those concert pitures. Good job on the muscle gain:)

Suz,when I did p90x I did the doubles rotation but substuted some other cardio. It comes with three different rotation plans. As far as Lower body I worried at first hearing what others said. I heavied up the weight and added some where there was none like on the wall squats. I think at at the end of the first month I did S&H to see if I was losing anything but had no problem at all. You will hit your legs some on recovery weeks with core synergistics.

Anne, are you awake now:) No hairspray sniffing LOL. You girls are funny.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Suz - I also added weight to a lot of the moves on the Leg DVD when they didn't. I'm not advising this, but for me to get in extra cardio, I did it on my rest day and the day they have Yoga X scheduled. I did my yoga workouts on the weekends after my regular P90X scheduled workout was completed.

Diane Sue - yes, my calorie burn was pretty low 220 or something and then those last 20 minutes of Core work must have got my HR up. I admit the ab work was different. Does anyone ever get sore from doing planks and pikes though? I know I never do. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? The only that ever gets sore on me are my shoulders!!

Charlotte - I can't view picture trails from work, as they are blocked. I'll look later.

I was happy they had green beans at lunch so I could get some extra protein in ....in addition to my chic peas on my salad. I always feel more satisfied when I eat green beans with my salad. I love vegetables and salad. I don't think I could ever get sick of either.

Hi again!

It's lunch time for me. Salad and egg whites.:) I know boring.

Char-
Great job on keeping the bodyfat down and gaining some muscle! Your pictures are cute! The dogs and cat are adorable. You and DD look like you are having fun at the concert. You're such a nerd with the protein bar. LOL! All those ab segments outta keep you busy today.

Anne-
I bet you are sore from BB2! I'm tired and just did the step segments. LOL! Quit sniffin that Hair Spray Girl. LOL!

Debbie-
I haven't looked at your new rotation, but will in a sec. I kinda like the name of it...DoggCrapp!:) Great workout for you today.

Lora-
Sounds like Amy gave you a good workout this morning. I love chick peas too. I eat alot of those. Looks like the yoga check-in is going well. I need to get over there, but I don't know if I have time for 2 check-ins. LOL!

Randi-
You are doing great with the new workouts! Are you doing Cathe's November rotation?

Meg-What did you end up doing today?

Diane Sue-
Great workout today. I can't wait to do more of my Cardio Coaches. I really like those.

Gotta let lunch settle and then I'll do Yoga X.

~~Dallys~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.