Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday October 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Gin Miller's Simply Interval step aerobics (45 min) followed by Dancin the Chakras 30 min premix "Rockin the Chakras" and then Eion Finn's Pure and Simple Yoga (45 min).

It really felt good to do my yoga this week, since I didn't do traditional yoga last week or yesterday. I really needed that. I don't know how you ladies that don't do yoga can stand being so stiff. A regular stretch session doesn't even stretch me out anymore. I probably should have done an easier aerobic session. My legs are toast and I'm still pretty sore in my abs and triceps as well as other areas.

When I first previewed the Dancin the Chakras, I thought I wouldn't like it but it felt good to move that way. I really enjoyed it and the funny thing is that my DH was in the kitchen making his breakfast and actually came out in the living room and was doing it behind me.....and he commented how good it felt (he likes to dance all goofy).

Charlotte - thanks for the PM last night. I'll get thru this period. I always do.....I'm just a bit emotional cuz it's TTOTM. I'm usually not verbal about those feelings here though. I don't know why I felt the need to share yesterday. I like Vixen also. I think you'd really like Trick 2. I wore it yesterday. It had a sort of funky top note....maybe the pitch pine or vanilla aged oak....but the dry down was gorgeous and it lasted long. The next Lunar update is Nov 5.

Dallys - I thought The Departed was an excellent movie. Too bad your friend couldn't get past the F word and stay. She missed some really good acting. To each his own.

Have great workouts everyone. We're going to see Saw III today. I know a lot of you ladies wouldn't like it......but I do!! I thought Saw II was great.

I'll be back later.

Lora- I didn't know they made Saw 3!! Sweet! Enjoy it. ANd again, I will continue to pray for your uncle.

DS- enjoy too! I was wondering how your body felt after those 2 rest days last week?

Well I wound up taking a rest day yesterday too. Think I needed it, to just do nothing. I am hoping to get a WO in this morning before the day gets going.

I am going to try to narrow my list and see if I can order those 6 imps, and see how I like it, then well, make a LONG list and give it to my DH for my Christmas list LOL!! Not that it isn't already a mile long LOL!!

I hope everyone's aches and pains are gone and that you all feel superhero like today. BBL.

~Rogue~

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/147/.png[/

Hi Maniacs-I just wanted to say Hi and tell Diane Sue you really look amazing! I just had one question for you....the big one....what is a typical diet(or food day) for you?

Thanks! Jana

Hello to all the other maniacs..CHAR CHAR!!! I miss you Char Char!!!

Hi Ladies:)
Today I'm doing half of Imax 3 and half of Imax 2 and core max. I'm going to see Saw 3 on Halloween looks real gross and scary!
Randi

Marleys Mom -not Diana Sue here....but she is VERY strict with her diet and eats VERY clean. Actually quite a few of the ladies here are like that. They are an inspiration.

You would think after seeing how wonderful most of the maniacs look, the brain would click on go "put the food down"!
My brain has yet to do that, darn brain!!

Thanks Lora!

Good Morning Superhero Maniacs and Bionics alike....

Yesterday I rested. Today I think I will rest again for my arm sake. I just want for it to completely heal.

Lora,

Your welcome! I could kick myself over and over again for not getting the tricks and treats, but not bidding 50 million dollars on ebay for some. Forget it. Counted my perfume samples and I have over 70 now! Practicing alot of self love lately! lol. I can't wait to see what Beth will have for the lunar. I want to get a few more of the TAL's too.

I know I should do some yoga, but I am so worn out by the time I lift weights that I don't want to do anything else. I should though. You are right. It would help me.

Enjoy your movie. I kinda like the Saw's cuz it makes you think. It is fascinating to see what the person will do to get out of things. The gore I don't like. Watched American Haunting last night. The movie itself was good, but it was all over the place and hard to follow.

Marathon Woman,

Hey Hey! Busy woman. Miss ya too. How are your knees doing now?

Diane Sue,

Enjoy your rest day!

Meg,

Enjoy your rest day too. Good luck at trying to narrow your list to 6 samples. Ha! This is what I thought too in the beginning. Now I am one addicted woman.

My hubby is making strange noises like he is 90 and dying. He knows I hate this.

Charlotte~~

This morning I decided to do Step Blast. I actually felt like doing a step workout. Had fun, its been a while since I've done this one. Workout was 57 minutes, I was in my zone for 48 minutes and burned 339 calories. Happy with that!

Halloween party was fun, its always good to see my dad, step mom and step brothers. Only thing is almost everyone there smokes. We were in my dad's garage, he has a heater in there but it was really cold. So being enclosed in the garage and smelling all that smoke just about killed me. I'm still coughing pretty bad. Nasty. I can't imagine how much second had smoke I breathed in last night.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Hey Maniacs! This morning I did Chest, shoulder, triceps X and Ab ripper X. I didn't feel real strong today.:( I still have to do some form of cardio. Maybe take the dog on a good walk. I have a baby shower to go to with DD and have to find a gift quick! Diapers are always good, right? YIKES! DH is on a cooking frenzie and has pizza dough all over the kitchen! So, I'm quessing we'll have homemade pizza later. :)

Lora, Yea, The Departed was really good. I knew my sister would bail, but I didn't think it would be that quick. LOL! My other sister and my mom stayed and watched.
I need to do yoga also. I noticed a HUGE difference when I started doing it again after a long time of avoiding it. I was soooo stiff and tight. I don't ever want that feeling again.

Meg, what workout did you end up doing? I'm still holding strong and avoiding the imps. I am curious though. I could break at any point.

Welcome Jana!

Randi, Great workout! I haven't seen any of the Saw movies. They sound like good gory ones! :)

Char, You should to some yoga, It might help with your shoulder problem. It's hard to force yourself to do it, but then it becomes addicting.

Debbie, the party sounds like it was fun... besides the smokeing, but what can you do? It makes me sick too, and hurts my eyes.

Later...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey guys. I rested yesterday so today I did:

My TM's interval run, at a fairly faster pace, sweating buckets and whipped from it. I couldn't believe it, and it was only 30 min!
Then I did PLB stability ball with my 5lb ankle weights, then AbRipperX with my ankle weights, then PLB stretch.
Let me tell ya, those ankle weights make a HUGE difference- I love it! I could not do the V ups in ARX with them on by that point LOL!! so I just did the rollups there.
Had a GREAT WO.

Char- yeah, narrowing it down is hard. I am procrastinating because Iknow I will end up addicted too! LOL! Good idea to rest!

Deb- I can't believe how much I hate the second hand smoke since I quit. Glad you had a good time though.

Randi- I love your WO's! You do great!

Lora- let me know how the movie is! I can't wait for your review.

Hi Marleysmom! Don't these ladies look great? Wonderful inspiration for me, all of them are!

Enjoy your Sundays guys!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Lora- I was reading your reviews of yoga inthe haters thread. You are really making me want to do it more. I have Rainbeaus Dusk one and LOVE it. I am going to check out the others you suggested. Just wanted to thank you for all your suggestions. Now if I could just find about 2 more hours everyday.............

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Well, everyone is on the roll.
S&H bi and tri flared up the arm so i am resting today.
It was grocery X and Haloween X for the GSon. Not enough hours in a day...
Don't know if i am going to make it 2 weeks w no cardio. New dvd's are coming tomorrow and just may have to do them. Hope my player doesn't act up. If it does i may just have to buy a new one...
Buts and guts sounds like the 1st...
Have a Howling good day folks...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Megadoo - Did you get Rainbeau Mars cuz of my suggestion? I love her and that is one of my favorite's (as you know). It's not too strenuous and it makes you feel really good and she's really cool too. Yes - I wish I had an extra hour a day to do yoga. Now that I'm starting back to Kundalini also...I need an extra couple hours a day. I wish I was rich and didn't have to work. I'm glad you're enjoying Dusk. If I ever feel down and need an extra good weekend....I do Rainbeau, Shiva or Eion and things are always better! (yes...did you see - I thought the Haters thread was a sinus/yoga thread LOL! What a dork I am. Oh well- I know I don't fit in with the cardio haters!)

Dallys - yes, the older I get - the more I need to really stretch.

I only have Chest and Abs, Butt & Legs and Total Body BArry's DVDs left to do. I'm still sore in my abs and chest....so I'm not sure which one I'll do tomorrow. I'm afraid to do the leg one...cuz from reading the thread at VF - they can't walk after they do it and I hate working my legs.....and they're my problem area -- go figure!! I also read that everyone's feeling these in their abs....saying they work them differently and everyone is sore also. I guess this is a pretty kick butt series. My Cathe's should be here on Tuesday!!

Anne - Here - I posted this on another thread for someone today. These are my favorites out of my large collection and the ones I do over and over.

Yes, Eion Finn is one of my favorite instructors. Since your into yoga...I'll share a bit about yoga and myself and some of the best DVDs in my opinion. After practicing yoga regularly (2-3 times a week) for about a year (have been practicing off and on for about 15 or so years), a 20 minute stretch just doesn't do anything for me. I tend to love the release in the muscles from a 60-90 hour yoga session. I have become more flexible over the years and I'm 47 now. I find I'm more flexible today than I was in my 30's.

Eion's Power Yoga for Happiness is the best DVD out there. It has 6 premixes, from 30-90 minutes. My favorites are Yoga Quickie and Magically hips 30 and 60 minutes. Magically hips is great if you do cardio. It feels great. He has a couple other DVDs out and I have those also, but this one is the best.

Shiva Rea is also one of my favorite instructors. Yoga Shakti has over 90 minutes of footage and is shot in Maldives Islands on a sand dune. It's gorgeous scenery and the music is breathtaking. Shiva is a really cool instructor. This DVD has a yoga matrix to make your own practice up or you can follow a preset option, or just do a couple sections. It's very versatile and well worth the money. Both of these are available at Amazon.

The other instructor that I love is Rainbeau Mars. She has 30 min yoga DVDs that are pretty reasonably priced on CD Universe or Amazon. My favorites of hers are Pure Tranquility which is 30 minutes of restorative yoga (more like a stretch DVD - no downdogs). The other one that is really good by her is the Dusk to Dawn series....my favorite is Dusk. Yoga for Beauty - Dusk.

Lastly, there is a DVD called Altar of the Heart with Tilak Pyle (available at Fitness Organica). It is an 80 minute DVD but there is a point at 45 min where it's a natural break point and a lot of people use it in 2 segments.

(I also am really liking Shiva's newest one called Fluid Power).

Megadoo - the movie was great. I didn't think they could do it again...but they did. It was well done....just enough gore and not "over the top"....good twists and good story and the end was good. My favorite part (not really a spoiler) - was when this victim who was an ER Doctor does a craniotomy to relieve intracerebral pressure on Jigsaw with a power drill. It was too cool. I've always been fascinated with brain surgery since I used to do transcription for a Neurosurgeon and used to type about all of the different types of brain surgeries. My DH couldn't watch it. I was into it....guess that's why I like Nip/Tuck also!

Thanks Anne - I need to hear that since I'm having a mid-life crisis....have been for a little bit now. I know I don't act my age....my DH is always telling me to act my age...but that will never happen.

Toasty - Yes, I bought that Whipped Scintillating earlier when I got the Dirt on Villainess Newsletter earlier today. I love Scintillating. It's yummy. I'm addicted to it. It's really nice in the morning shower.

Lora- great about the movie!! Can't wait to see it! Actually, someone else on the boards mentioned Rainbeau a while back and I got if for like $6 at deepdiscount.com, so I got it and love it! It is so relaxing. That woman is amazing when they just show her doing some moves. She must be so strong! I would love to be able to do that someday. I am thinking of getting Shiva Rea's one, per your suggestion. I saw she had one on core strength? Ever done that one?

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.