Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Nov 5

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Low Impact Cardio - Cardio Blast premix. I used my higher step. I guess my legs were a little sorer than I thought. They felt pretty fatigued during the cardio. That's why I hate taking rest days....for some reason, I never feel stronger the next day, but instead I feel as if I need another day off. Go figure??? Anyway, I burned 420 calories in 60" from w/u to c/d. I then did Shiva Rea's Fluid Power Yoga from the Matrix Mandala Namaskar I, Mandal Namaskar II, Backbending Vinyasa, Forward Bends and Hip Openers..60". I wanted to do some Kundalini, but ran out of time.

Megadoo - sorry about your neck. I know all about neck pain. Too bad you don't have any Yamuna balls or Elaine Petrone balls to lie on. It digs into the spasms and helps them go away. Do you have a hand held massager? I use those also. Try rubbing the spasms out and it should help the headaches.

Anne - I did the cardio blasts from Drill Max with the big ball and the 5 pound dumbbell on the Cardio Fusion DVD the other day. The ball was really big and awkward. I picked up a smaller med ball at first...but then went back to the big ball. I couldn't see the screen! I haven't done it with the weight segments yet.

Charlotte - was the movie good last night? I'm trying to decide if we should see that. I just went on Brooke's site to order another jar of the Whipped Cream and it's out of stock!! Darn. Which oils did you end up with? I need to pick up another bottle of Pumpkin Queen before it leaves....I love it.

Speaking of Mountain Climbers - Barry's Bootcamp cardio has LOTS of mountain climbers and squat thrusts. I had to stop doing them for a while as they were aggravating my shoulders.

Have great workouts. I'll be back later. I think we're going to that Santa Clause movie.....not sure I'm into it...but it's early so DH wants to go.

Thanks Lora. SO far so good with neck. I iced and heated it last night. I will surely have DH rub it today if need be. Can you maybe give a link or something for those balls of yours LOL?? They sound actually relaxing. I am really curious about them.

I can feel DOMS layering in. My legs AND my abs (a bit). WIll see how I feel in a few hours.

I am planning High Step Training advanced today and some yoga. SOmeone on these forums is letting me borrow it to try it out. I can't wait. It sounds like a good one. I hope the neck stays alright. Oh yeah, someone else is sending me Imax3 to keep! How nice is that!! CCan't wait to tackle that one too.

Anyway, enjoy your Sunday. BBL

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I am trying to decide what to do today. Yes those thrust climbers , mountain glimbers. AARGH. Tough.
I have a really hard time jumping on the 3/4 " matts, but then on the berber carpet my toes get stuck and it saves my carpet.
8# step is really hard on it. I usually stick with 6".

Oh, i thought i did b&G with 2.5 #, well they were my 5's. No wonder why my legs were killing me.

I am trying to decide what i am going to do today,,,
Gonna make GS breakfast then decide.

Be back later.

This morning I did upper body using super set fashion. I did 10/8/5 reps unless otherwise indicated. 1:30 min. rest.

SS #1
One Arm Rows: 30#/35#/40#-6 reps
Incline Flies: 30's/35's/40's-6 reps - up from last week. The hardest part of doing anything with 40's is getting into position. Sometimes my arms feel like they just don't want to pick those suckers up.

SS #2
Barbell Overhead Press: 50#/55#/60#
Hammer Curls w/Twist: 20's/25's/30's

SS #3
Front Raises: 10's/12's/15's
Tricep Overhead Dumbbell Press: 30#/35#/40#

Then I did the ab work from Cathe's Low Impact Circuit. Thats a tough ab work. I love the planks at the end.

Workout was 54 min., I was in my zone for 19 mine and burned 194 calories. Not too much today.

Getting ready to go to my mom's to make tortellini's with two of my cousins. We always have a blast and my mom always makes excellent food for us!

Have great workouts, everyone!

Megadoo - The Yamuna balls is www.Yamuna.com and Elaine Petrone's are sold at some places like Amazon or Bookstores in a kit with a book, or you can get them at www.ElainePetrone.com. I have 3 Yamuna's and 3 Elaine's. I alternate between them. Lately, I've been strictly using the Yamunas. If you were just to buy one Yamuna, I'd probably get the red one....but then it's not really small enough to get in those spots at the back of your head (the one's Rainbeau has you rub out during Dusk). Elaine Petrone's are small enough to get everywhere, but you'd probably need to. I usually use one when I do Yamuna and 2 (1 on each side of the spine) when I do Elaine's. You can also lie on your side and get into the side muscles in your neck (sternocleidomastoids) which are a high pain area and can cause headaches.

Which Cathe DVD has the best weight segments on it out of the new ones? Is it BodyMax?

Another question - for those of you who have done Butts and Gutts - what is the purpose of holding the band in your hands after tying it around your ankles in the firewalkers? Does it add extra resistance? or is it just held so you don't trip over it? I have 4 Spri Rings that are basically tubing in a circle that you step into and put around your ankles. I used these in my old Tracie Longs.....they would work for the Firewalkers? right?

Well, i did Low impact circuit. I know i should have not done 2 in a row, but the weight work is not heavy. I liked this one. It is going to be a favorite. Time went fast.It may be a cardo that i can mix w/ weights.

The straddle push ups to me are tough. Your arms are in closer.
I liked the step work. Not complicated at all .
I used my smaller yellow band and tied it tighter. It gave me enough room to hold on to it.I did feel it while i was doing it.
Spri rings should work fine. I like the extra to hold onto.

I moved my matts.Well, they are definitely my jumping problem. I could have easily done 8# step. They also were making me unstable with the 1 legged stuff.I was squishing in them too much. DH is going to have a fit. I blew like 250 on them.

Well, Body max 2 to check out , and cardio fusion is a mixture, So, body fusion tomorrow.
God, it feels good to w/o after all these days off....
Look out this week.
May do some legs tonite.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Well, i did Low impact circuit. I know i should have not done 2 in a row, but the weight work is not heavy. I liked this one. It is going to be a favorite. Time went fast.It may be a cardo that i can mix w/ weights.

The straddle push ups to me are tough. Your arms are in closer.
I liked the step work. Not complicated at all .
I used my smaller yellow band and tied it tighter. It gave me enough room to hold on to it.I did feel it while i was doing it.
Spri rings should work fine. I like the extra to hold onto.

I moved my matts.Well, they are definitely my jumping problem. I could have easily done 8# step. They also were making me unstable with the 1 legged stuff.I was squishing in them too much. DH is going to have a fit. I blew like 250 on them.

Well, Body max 2 to check out , and cardio fusion is a mixture, So, body fusion tomorrow.
God, it feels good to w/o after all these days off....
Look out this week.
May do some legs tonite.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Hey Maniacs! Looks like alot of you are up and going already.:)

Today is Chest and Back, Abs, and cardio. I also need to do some major house cleaning and come up with some meals for next week.

Lora-I'm sure your bands are fine to use for FireWalkers. I think they hold the end to keep it out of the way. Here is a post by Cathe. She even suggests different bands if you don't want to do the knot thing. http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=2&topic_id=66982&mesg_id=66982&page=7

later...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning hero's!

Lots of catching up to do. DH was hogging computer. I am not sure what I am doing today.

Lora,

I am getting Bitter Moon and Purple Phoenix. Ordering this afternoon now that I am able to get on computer. x( I have to wait until next pay to order the others. I forget the names. The one is Typhoon, I think and the other is Glaysus or something like that. I am thinking of the wicked snow queen one, but I am not sure I would like the smell..it has lemon verbena and some other notes. Not sure, but like the storyline and name.

The movie was o.k. It was funny, but then it was too slow at times.

I really think I might start getting into some yoga. You are inspiring me to try it. I am so stiff when I do Cathe workouts. I cannot get my legs to go straight or bend the way Cathe does.

Bionic Yoga Woman,

Share some meals with me. I need ideas. Have a great workout!

Anne,

Glad you liked that workout. I did the ab work in that one. Tough. Sounds like you are really plowing down with all these workouts. Way to go!!!!

Debbie,

Great workout! Still hitting the weights hard I see. Yes, LIC had some unique ab work in there. I was like WTH when she just switched up without warning and kicking legs out. I was like...hold on a minute! lol.

Meg,

Hope your neck feels better. Let me know all about Imax 3. Haven't tried that one yet.

Charlotte~~

Chartlotte - I think Diana Sue gets lots of mileage out of her Yoga Shakti with Shiva Rea. I think it is one of the few she owns and you can put quite a few practices together on it. As long, as you aren't like me and tend to be "excessive" with your DVDS (*clears throat*). I'll PM you regarding the shirts and oils. off to do that right now.

Char-I have finished cleaning.:) Nothing too exciting on my food for next week, but here goes; I had some potatoes that needed to be used so I cooked and diced them and added Sundried tomotoes, olives, onions cooked in olive oil, rosemary, salt, and lemon. Yummy! Should last a few days. I also need to cook some hardboiled eggs for next week. I'm unthawing a turkey breast half my DH cooked a few weeks ago. DH is going to make salsa later. Then it's just tons of vegies. This should help for eating next week.

Still haven't worked out. I'm not in the mood, but will force myself, probably won't do cardio. I want to just lay around and cook and eat and watch movies today. lol. I Love to do that when the house is all clean.

I'll check back later.

Hi to everyone!!!

~~Dallys~~

Hey Maniacs!!

I decided to do chest while I had a chance. I am really tired now as I think the heavy db's wear me out fast so I will do legs tomorrow after I get back from the dentist.

3 sets/60 sec rest

Bench Presses w/bar:
Incline 70# 6/4/4 reps
Decline 75# 6/4/4 reps
Flat 80# 4/3/3 (this was tough and I am trying to push my way thru)

Flyes w/db's
Flat 35's 6/4/4
Incline 30's 6/4/4
Decline 35's 6/4/4 (these are freaky trying to balance 35's on a decline and then pull up..wowza)

I will do pullovers tomorrow with my back work and legs.

Bionics,

Like your ideas. Same way with house. I started using murphy's oil soap to clean floors and now I got a "build up" look that is dull and spotty looking. I was using the wet swifters, but they dry out so fast and I have to use at least 2 for each room...then Stinky comes by and drools and leaves more spots...uggghhh! I love to lay around with my candles lit when everything just sparkles. Very relaxing. I wasn't in the mood earlier to workout either. This house stuff is getting to me. If it were up to me only, I would tell the realtor to come collect her sign in our yard. Hubby is just depressed about it. We have heard nothing from her. No one showed up yesterday and no one called..>WTH???? I feel like I am on the never ending rollercoaster ride. Sorry to vent, but my mood is in the toilet today. Working out always makes me feel alittle better though. Won't be waiting by the phone though, ya know? Life goes on.

Lora,

I am gonna try the yoga from FitTV tomorrow. It will be a longer workout day as I got back/legs and abs too. I should have time though. I got your pm.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte -

I ordered the Namaste set of yoga DVDs that they have on Fit TV cuz I don't get Fit TV. I haven't actually done one yet, but from what I previewed, I'm not sure if I'm going to like them or not. It doesn't appear to get in enough of the stuff I need in a short period of time. Maybe cuz your just starting out you'll like them and who knows, maybe once I try a couple, I'll like them also.

Diane Sue - I just ordered the soundtrack from Yoga Shakti on CD to use for all of my DVDs that I don't like the music on. I'm so excited. You can listen to the samples of tracks on Amazon and the song we really like during the Dancing Warriors is on it and it's called Spy from Cairo. I can't wait to get this so I can start using some of the DVDs I have that I never use due to the music. I even emailed Rainbeau Mars to find out what music she uses on Yoga for Beauty since I love it also.

Char, it will sell. When it is meant to happen...
I am feeling a little sore in the back of the legs. The lighter weights have been better for my arm.It is sore, but it will get all healed up in Jan when i am not able to lift after surg...

I really like LIC.
I like the step segments.
Char , I clean my hard wood with a spray wood cleaner. I sit on my butt and spray and wipe. DH takes furniture polish to it. I could kill him.I almost killed myself a few times. Hit the carpet anw WHEW!!!

I think i will have to do the other Body MAx tomorrow without weights then start upper and lower splits with these. I am liking them..
The step came really easy in these. Not complicated like some of the others, or i am used to Cathe,,,,
God, i cannot type today.
Well gonna go blacken some salmon with onions and peppers..
MMMMM.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Well, this morning I did Amy Bentos Stretch#1. That is all I had time for. It is a rest day. The woman that sold us our Great Dane, Jasmine offered us a puppy from her current litter. We went to pick her up this morning. Her name is Puddle and she is 7 weeks old. So now we have Mudd & Puddle:D So we have been busy with two puppies. I had to go get another dog dish and collar.

Lora, I went ot that website to check out the whipped Cream and saw they were out. I really need to get a good body cream and this was a decent price. I like them to smell good and be a rich texture. Thanks for the info on Shiva's soundtrack. Enjoy the movie. I love Christmas movies myself.

Charlotte, I like Yoga Shatki real well for yoga because I can pick & choose what I want and how long I want to spend doing it. You can get some real good flexibility doing yoga. I like to pick the sequences that work the areas that I am working that day or the ones that are tight.

Anne, glad to hear you are getting back into the workouts.

Lora, I think as far as the new workouts and weight work, for upper body I think Body Max because it is slow enough and you can up the weights. There are a lot of new interesting moves in these which makes me happy. On the firewalkers the first time I did them with the long band, the second time I just used a shorter one that I had tied already for Turbo Jam. I used to have some of the bands that were in a loop. I was hunting for them Friday but couldn't find them. I think any of them would work.

Hi to everyone

Hey Maniacs! I finished up Chest and back, did ARX and Cardio & weights cardio pre-mix. Some how, some way, I got energy in the middle of my workout and got my cardio in.:) Now, it's hot tub and recovery drink. DH decided to not make salsa and is making pizza again. I'm hungry, so it's all good!

Char-it took my sister forever to sell her house. Probably a year!! She was in one state and her DH in another. That was tough.
I gave up on buying the swifers and now just stick a rag on my sweeper. Just hot water and no soap for my hardwood floors. Seems to be enough. Great workout by the way.

Diane Sue-You are now the offical puppy mommy!!! 2 at a time! You are going to be exhausted. But, you do wear a cape and I know you'll do fine.:)

Lora-I like yoga shatki too. I love the scenery. I'll have to try mixing my own workouts with it. But, I still like Eoin Finn the best. :)

Anne-I did Cardio and weights cardio pre-mix and I was all over the place. I haven't done a step workout for a few months. lol And here it's all easy for you today. :) Enjoy your dinner.

Meg-where are ya? You must be getting that neck rub from DH.}(

~~Dallys~~

Diane Sue,

They will bring such joy into your life. I could sit forever cuddling ours. They all end up on my lap before I go to bed and completely spoiled. I do love animals. I would like to get more dogs and cats. I hope you get some sleep though. :eek: Yes, that is what I need more of is flexibility so I am looking forward to trying the Namaste in the mornings, but tomorrow I have to visit the dentist early in the day.

Bionics,

Yes, these things take time. I think our realtor could do better with communication though. Sounds like your having some yummy food. I feel like I could eat forever today. That might get me in trouble. Glad you got your workout in.

Charlotte~~

Hello everybody. Good wo's for everyone.

I wish I was getting that backrub!! Maybe later...........

So, I had a busy day, when I came home I HAD to do some housework. Then I felt kinda crappy. I do have GOOD DOMS from yesterday though. SO, I thought about doing just cardio and UB from HSTA, but opted not to since I want to do it all at once to really get the whole effect of the WO. So, since I didn't feel that hott, and was pretty sore, I just went with 75 minutes of yoga. It felt REALLY good.
My neck has been alright today, thank goodness.

Now, I am starving. Didn't eat dinner. Better get something in, I know it is late, but I can't not eat when I am this hungry.

Have a great night everyone.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.