Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Nov 26

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning all I wanted to do was Sleep Max!!! I think I'll probably do Rock Steady Step (Seasun) and some yoga. Have to be ready early again today....DH wants to do some more stuff today.

Dallys - I just read your post about the microderm sponge. Blue side? Mine is all the same. I wonder if we bought the same one. Is yours from ThankyouStan? and did it say Dermal Grade sponge?? If so, you probably rubbed too hard. When I applied too much pressure at first, I got a little scrapy and red. I only started out at 30 seconds and worked my way up to 90 seconds. Now.....in a sick/twisted sort of way I wish my face would sting and get red again!! LOL.

Off to tackle Rock Steady! I'll be back.

Morning Maniacs -

I ended up doing 1 hour of Rock Steady Step with cool down/stretch. It was tough to do today. I don't know how I used to do this every Saturday as an active rest day. Something about Rock Steady makes my back hurt a bit. She does quite a bit of jumping and impact. I started to get really lost during the last 10 minutes. I don't have this one down yet.

I wore my new Saucony's and my feet kept going numb. I think I had them laced to tight and then I loosened them and I got a callus....I hate new shoes. My other pair that I got online didn't need to break in...but they were more expensive.

Well - the way the DH is talking right now is like he's planning on going to the concert tomorrow.....but he's not happy about it and he's sure letting me know that!!

Charlotte - Did you like the movie? So do you think that ending is left to the imagination or what? My DH was so funny yesterday trying to analyze it. (Need your opinion - I have an ebay customer that never paid for their item - I can report them today if I want to - but I checked their feedback and they have 100% positive feedback and it says they always pay quickly. I've emailed them 3 times with a reminder, but no response. Do you think I should wait until Tues. to report in case they were away for the holiday weekend?)

Diane Sue - What are some good 60" leg workouts that you'd put together? I feel like I want something different. I keep doing Butts & Guts standing and abs and Amy's Lower Body and Core. I need to branch out. Also, weighted gloves may work for that Turbo Jam. I'll have to see if I can hold my big ball with them on, as the weighted part is in the palms. The Beachbody ones are really bulky....so I don't know if I'll be able to hold it.

Have great workouts or rest days.

Good Morning,
Today is a rest day for me. I will be picking up my grandson and stopping at the store after church this morning.

Lora, my weighted gloves from Target have the weight on the back of the hand and the palm is open so air gets in there. They still get sweaty though. I wish these things were washable. I will look into some other lower workouts for you. I probably won't get to it till this afternoon. Those Micro dermabrasion puffs you are talking about kind of remind me of something I used when I was younger that was a Phisoderm (sp) puff that was supposed to exfoliate. It could make one's face pretty red. It felt like what I imagine one of those green 3M pot scrubbers would feel like:D

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - Actually - the sponge is nothing like those old buffers that just scraped your skin. It is a very soft material and when you first get it, you wonder how it will work, but it does. I never got real bad from it, just a bit pink. Now my skin is used to it. I really like it. If you want to look at it, do a search on E-bay for microdermabrasion sponge and look for Thankyoustan's and they say "Dermal Grade". It's pretty nice. I used a machine for years and it didn't do nearly as good a job as the sponge.

Thanks for offering to look at lower. I'd actually like to work my legs and abs in 60". I have no clue what I'll be doing tomorrow. Maybe Butts and Guts again. I was looking at the Drill Max one, but I don't remember that working me too good when I did the full body circuit the other day. Although, I can't seem to get very sore anymore. My abs aren't even sore from using the 8# ball. I think I need a heavier one and heavier ankle weights.......time to up the intensity.

Morning Ladies.
Getting geared up for the back w/o . I took 2 days off. I could not move. Everything hurt. Legs still a bit sore. I am going to try the recovery drinks. I have 1 pack of p90x drink to try and going to gnc later to see what i can find. I hate the milky powders.
I am doing GS Back shoulders/ bi and some abs and some stretching.

Lora, i wish i didn't get sore. I hate it..I did B&G a little heavier on Thanksgiving and i am still a bit sore.

Quiet here the last 2 days. I had comp problem at work so didn't get on much yesterday.Win serv. pack 2 made a mess. I had to do a go back.
Randi, how ya feeling? I met my DH out on a rebound. I sat beside him at a bar and gave him my # and he called me.It is like when you are not looking you will find.I was not looking. I was out to get drunk...That i did...You are gonna be ok girl...Men are a pain in the butt anyways. LOL!!

Dallys any good recovery fruity drinks out there. The mix w/ water ones?
Char, Deb, Suz, Diane Sue, have a great day. Did i miss anyone??
Me and names. AARGH!!

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalinax(

HEY--YOU FORGOT ME!!!!!!!!! Just kidding LOL!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I worked in the morning till 2, then came home and started cleaning/decorating, and didn't stop till 9pm, and then pretty much crashed. I didn't WO, but I burned cals, since I am now officially back to my PRE Thanksgiving weight LOL!!

Not sure what is on the agenda today. Get back later.

You guys all had good WO's yesterday.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I am so bloated this morning, I HATE this time of year! I ate so much crap yesterday. I hate when I do this to myself. Hopefully from now until Christmas I am going to eat as clean as possible and get back on track. I hate feeling like this.

This morning I did Cardio Coach #2 & #3. Did #2 on my highest incline and #3 on a slight incline. Felt great, I loved these two workouts together. My legs were really burning by the end.

Workout was 1 hr. 11 min, was in my zone for 59 minutes and burned 404 calories! Woo hoo! Went 3.15 miles. I'm going to concentrate on drinking TONS of water today to flush out my system.

Hope you all have great workouts! I'm heading back to Macy's - the MP3 player I got broke already. Oy!

Debbie - Wow - you've been really getting a lot of cardio time in. I can't believe you girl!! I wish I could use my treadmill without my sciatica flaring up. My DH tells me that I should start out by walking and try again....but then my HR doesn't go as high. Everytime I see your posts, I get mad at myself. Cardio Coaches are pretty tough. You're doing really well for not liking cardio. When I first got mine, I loved doing them on the Urban Rebounder, High Step and Transfirmer step. I haven't done that for a while, maybe it's time to dust them off again.

Hey Maniacs! Today is the day I figure out what's next after P90X. LOL! I not sure yet, but I'll let you know.:)

Lora-
I did get the ThankyouStan sponge. It's the Dermal Grade. It is pink on one side and some were green or blue on the other. He said the pink side is more abrasive. I got the cloth too and that material feels more like the green or blue side of the sponges I got, although they both feel very soft to the touch.

Anne-
I make my own recovery drink. My mix is: 15 grams whey protein
8 teas. of dextrose (get and health food store) 6 oz water. Here is another good link with some info.
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/importance.htm And check out this link http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...479&mesg_id=356479&listing_type=search#356690 and look at Fit44's articles she posted. I just ordered the Maltodextin to add to mine. The taste is nothing special, you just drink'er down. LOL!

Diane Sue-
Enjoy your rest day. The sponges I got feel very soft, nothing like those buffers you decribed. LOL!

Meg-
I need to get in my decorating too. I might wait until next week. I got a new tree last year after the holidays and I'm excited to put it up and see if it's as cute as I remember. LOL!

Debbie-
That sucks about your MP3 player! OY! I hate that bloated feeling also. I ate alot of junk yesterday too. My DH did too and got so sick of all the junk, he made us a great big salad for dinner. Gotta love that guy!:) Great cardio burn today!!

Hi to everyone else today!!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Thank you Dallys.
I finished. See if i hurt tomorrow.I was really strong today.
I increased the weight.
1-arm rows 30/25/25
Double arm rows/ 25
pull overs/ 35
shoulder press 25/20/15 Tough
lat raise 12
bands green
rear delt 12 too fast for 15
barbell curls 30
Parials 10 then 8 shaking
Curl up roll downs 12
hammer curls 12
concentration curls 12/15
wrist curls 12
then some abs my own thing.
It is off to clean the truck.
Beautiful day.
65 high today. YIPPIEEEE!!!

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Afternoon Maniacs!!

Today I did Drill Max. I screamed out the window when I used the band and spread out arms. It burned so bad and dd was outside with the dog and heard me all the way down the end of our property! lol. Pushups were easy for me. Hope I was doing them right. Could not see my reflection in my livingroom.

Lora,

I would report them. I always do. It is not like you are leaving negative feedback. If you report they usually respond then. Then if not, give it another week and then leave negative feedback.
That movie was great last night! Loved it!
So did you say you got your bittermoon and purple phoenix? How does bitter smell? I bought Ryder perfume from Hollister last night. Smells like the beach. I know you don't like commercial perfumes, but this one is unique. Had to have it.

Anne,

Fantastic workout! It is warm here today too.

Bionics,

Well I don't know if I should get the sponge or not. Have a great workout.

Debbie,

You on another mission or what? Gosh! That is ALOT of cardio and ALOT burned! Rock it!!!!

Meg,

Have a great workout whatever you decide. Waiting until tomorrow to hear from Realtor to decide if we should decorate for Christmas or start packing. Hopefully we will get an offer.

Diane Sue,

Enjoy your rest day and the time with your grandson.

Charlotte~~

Char-
Don't let me stop you from getting that Sponge. I just over did it, I think. It's soft, so you don't think it's working, and then BAM! I can scrub real hard and for a long time with the Mary Kay microdermabrasion stuff, but this sponge works really fast. I won't know for awhile how it works for my face as it's still irritated and I'm broke out. I think that is supposed to happen at first.

Anne-
Great workout! I'm still tying to decide what to do today.

ETA: It's only 37 degrees here today.:( But, the sun is out and we have clear skies.:)

~~Dallys~~

Lora, thanks for the information on the sponge. I was looking and I think I may try this with Drill Max.
Drill Max Lower segments only done twice. You have to use the chapter menu because the mix and match only goes to each drill. With the w.up it would be about 44 minutes, then Body Max 2 abs and stretch 15 minutes. I up the weights on this and use a heavier band for the firewalkers.

For whoever is interested dh is putting my spreadsheets on my web page for me.

So far tonite. No DOMS and i really did all i could. MAybe the drink is the answer....
I went down to GNC and whoever was working decided to close up early, so i wasted a trip. The lights were on and 8 till 4 and closed. I am really upset . I flew down there.
i otta e-mail them...
Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Hey Maniacs! Finally got my workout in.

I did a circiut workout on my own. Listened to GnR's Appetite for destruction.

3 sets of 15 reps. No rest inbetween.
Focus was on Chest-Shoulders-Triceps-Rectus Abs

Circuit 1
Push-ups-15 on toes
Squats-84lbs

Circuit 2
Dumbell Chest-20db (first set 15's)
Flys-15db (first set 12's)
Sumo Squats-50#db

Circuit 3
Bench Dips -33# on lap
Leg Extentions-10# ankle weights lying down(debbie seiber style)

Circuit 4
Lateral Raises-15# (first set 12#)
Jumping jacks 1 min.
Basic Crunches-on the ball with 12#db overhead

Circuit 5
Tricep Extentions-15# each hand
Jump rope 1 min.
Scizzors 1 min.

Workout time for circuit was 43 min. I then walked on Treadmill 4mph 3% grade for another 20 min. I then did the stretch off of CC#6.
Total workout time 1 hr. 10 min.
burned 305 calories and was in my zone for 53 min. I need to do some tweaking on my weights. I could have gone higher on alot of things and didn't feel enough ab work.

~~Dallys~~

Anne - The P90X Recovery Drink has 38 grams of sugar and 210 calories. Just thought you should know.

Dallys - great choice of music!!

Diane Sue - I don't understand how you select all of the lower body drills? You mean you have to go to the chapter menu and select it after each exercise? If that's the case - I'll never get done with my workout. I'm probably going to try a premix on Wed. Tomorrow, I'm going to do Butts & Guts - as I know my legs can handle it and I hope I'm going to be standing all night at the concert tomorrow. Now the DH is trying to back out again!!!

Charlotte - Bitter Moon is (for lack of a better term) very bitter at first. I don't know what the top note is, but I never have smelled it before (maybe poppy?). After about 1/2 hour or so, that bitterness goes away and it really mellows into a very unique scent. I can't pick out the blackberry, lavendar, peony or sage, but I think I can smell the tonka and blue hibiscus at first. The last stages of the dry down are really yummy....but after that it pretty much vanishes. I really like it...but it's one that I have to wear several times to see how much I like it and appreciate it.

Purple Phoenix - I've only tested. It is very pungent at first and a bit strong....but it also mellows quite a bit in about the first 30-45 minutes. At first I smell violet and lilac and then that fades and the plum, fig and grapes blossom. The orris softens it as it dries down and the myrrh gives it a bit of grounding and depth. I will wear this one tomorrow. I wore Bitter Moon today. (I got your payment for the imp packs). Your package will go out in a few days.

Lora - how on earth did you do cardio coach on the high step? I can't even picture it? Maybe you should just walk on the treadmill. My treadmill hurt my back at first, I had to stop using it for about a week and then started back slowly. I'm still shocked that I can run! I never thought in a million years I'd be running.

Anne - Great workout girlfriend maniac! :)

Char - Drill Max is a toughie, huh? LMAO when I read you screamed! Thats funny!

Meg - Great workout also! You kicked some big time bootay!

Dallys - I liked your circuit workout, too cool! Love G&R! I listen to them quite regularly.

Diane Sue - Hope you had a great rest day.

Hope I didn't forget anyone...

Lora, that was the quickest way I could find to do only lower body. I did add a few minutes for forwarding. Really you just have to chapter forward. I will try it and see how long it takes:) Enjoy the concert. I am thinking of other workouts for you. Since I do not own all of your new ones I am not sure what I think would get the results you want. I am trying to not have you switch out dvds to often as I know loading them takes time. I try to look at what I would do if I did not have a lot of time but want to get in an effective workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.