Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday May 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3 and repeated a bit of it to make it 60" long. I also did Eion Finn's Pure & Simple Yoga 40". I burned 397 calories during the cardio.

We didn't go to that movie yesterday. We're going to SuperMan at 10:30 this morning. Then, I think we may go look for an anniversary present for our 19th Wedding Anniversary. Not sure.

Diane Sue - did you see where I asked you if you'll be adding weights to the standing portion of Tracey's new Sculpt? Also - will you add ankle weights to the lying portion? I got my new DVD, so I'll do it this coming week. I know...I have so many DVDs and it probably only makes my exercise ADD worse! LOL.

Deb - thanks for the suggestion with the rotations. I will look at those.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!

Well the interview yesterday was lame. Sorry, but only 5 mins and looked like I was bothering people..no smile, little eye contact, no introduction and I had to be the first to initiate hand shake at end. So the hours are only 15-30. I would basically just be the "fill in" person working hours and days no one else wants to. So applying to a country store gift shop on Monday..same thing there, but if I can work two jobs and working the few hours here and there..it will be enough then.

I am gonna start Cathe's Strong as a Bull rotation from a few years ago. I don't know what is on there for today..I will have to check it out in the basement so I will report back tomorrow on that.

Lora,

Let me know how that perfume smells.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning, today is my rest day. I hardly slept all weekend. I think I may go back to bed. The puppies wanted to eat on schedule this morning or I think I would still be in bed.

Lora, I need tp pull the Sculpt Sweatfest out and do it again:) I have been using it a little but have been doing this 12 week M&F rotation. I do plan on adding weights. I know last time I held dumbbells while doing the one leg squats on the core board. HAve fun shopping for an anniversary present:)

Charlotte, I hope things workout with the job. It seems like it would be hard doing two part time jobs because hours might conflict.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Toasty - what perfume? My Lady Luck order? Can't remember what I was talking about the other day. I hope it's coming on Monday. Good luck with the other job. I'm off to check the paper and send resumes (hopefully).

I meant to say Spiderman above....not Superman.....duh!

Lora,

Yeah, Ladyluck. Now I can rest cuz I already ordered Blue Moon so I won't be all anxious and wondering..wondering..wondering..what did I miss out on? lol. I hope it isn't too light wearing though. I will have to put it in a spray bottle and put lots on then. I have been putting the oils in my hair lately and dh said it was too much..was ONLY wearing Queen. That is a pretty one. I love wearing it in my hair because it comes off on your clothes too much and since I change my clothes often..kinda a waste. We are seeing Spiderman too.

Diane Sue,

Enjoy your rest day. I need to get back on track. Too many distractions..way too many. lol.

Yeah, I guess I will just have to figure things out with the jobs. I would love love love to work in the country shop, but only pays $6/hour and 40 mins away. That kind of pay is nothing in this day and age..might as well work in a chicken farm. lol.

I can't find that rotation. I searched for it on here as well...not coming up. So is there a rotation anyone can recommend where you work your legs at least 3x's a week and doing one body part on the same day you work your legs? That is something I am looking for. I personally think alot of women don't work their legs enough so I prefer to work them more often, but not necessarily doing tons of cardio cuz ya'll know too much cardio will not be good as I am down 115 now. JMHO

Charlotte~~

I REALLY wish I could take Sunday's as my rest day. I don't think there has ever been a Sunday where I've felt like working out. OY!

Today I did Cardio Coach #5, this is a tough one but I really like it. I certainly wasn't the Lion today. I was the Gazelle and I got slaughtered!!! Between having stitches in my side and my legs feeling like lead, it's a wonder I got through this workout.

I did All Step abs afterwards. I gotta figure out when I'll do my ab work with this new rotation. They only have you doing abs once a week. WTH?

Workout was 1:05, was in my zone for 46 minutes and burned 351 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morining Everyone, Today is Chest and Cardio, I have decided to stick it out with Gym Styles but im changing the rotation a bit to suit me more, Ill do GS chest and then i think i might do step blast love the music in this one! Yesterday was my rest day although i had a burst of energy and atemted Cardio fusion i got about 15 mins in when i reliezed im sick!x( I hate being sick especially when it interfers with the workouts!!

Lora-Enjoy the movie and Happy Anniversary, 19 yrs is a long time!
Diane Sue- Have a good rest day, by the way i just wanted to say that you look Awsome!:)
Charlotte-Here is the link to the Strong as a bull rotation
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=5019&mesg_id=5019&page=2
Hope Everyone enjoys their workouts!:)

Michelle, I am glad that you posted a link for that rotation. I think I have it and was going to go through my notebook. I usually print them all out, but lately have not been doing it unless it really interests me. I need another binder LOL.
Sorry that you didn't make it through Cardio Fusion. That is a great workout. I think it hits some of the best of all of the new workout cardios:) Oh, and thanks for the compliment.

Hi ladies! Just got back from my usual Whole Foods store run. Goodness that food bill just kills me. I will be spending the next 2 hours doing prep work and meal planning, to make sure that none of it goes to waste. I got a new flavor of whey powder-Caramel Swirl-yum! Today will be a cardio day for me-no idea what quite yet. Still feeling really good after yesterday's workout! Are any of you taking the Udo's Choice oil blend recommended in BFFM? I have noticed a huge difference in my skin already-not nearly as dry! My only issue is that even though it is healthy fat-the 14 grams always puts me over my fat % for the day.

Lora-I didn't even notice that you typed Superman...my brain automatically read Spiderman! :)

Diane Sue-I can't wait for Jari's new one to come out. I think her website said not until Sept/Oct or something like that. x(

Have a great day! I will be back later!

Jen

Hey Maniacs! Today was supposed to be a weight workout, but since my arm is killing me, I'll be doing some form of cardio. The only plus about haveing a sore arm is that DH will be scrubbing the dishes and cleaning the toilets today. LOL! He is also cooking some Clam Chowder for dinner. His family is coming over and they insisted on cream, cream, cream in the Chowder! He always makes a healthy version. I told him to just fatten up the family and save a healthy version for us.}(

Anne- Did your tennis elbow completely go away? I know you had this awhile back. Last time I went to the Docs, he said they have a new treatment that so far, has been 100 %. They have to put you out though. They then take your own blood and then infuse it it the area. Sounds kinda drastic dudn't it?

Debbie- What's with Sundays that you can't take that as a day off?
Is it the Avon day that is messing you up? Don't you just hate working around work schedules? My rotation doesn't call for much ab work either. I've really slacked on abs the last couple of months and it shows!

Char- Good luck with the 2 jobs. If anyone can do it, you can. They seriously need to up the wages everywhere, don't they. How do they expect people to live?

Lora- Have fun at Spiderman. DS, said it wasn't near as good as the others.

Diane Sue- I didn't want to get out of bed this morning either. My dog and bird wouldn't let me sleep in. Bird goes into song and gets louder and more irritating as we sleep in. And he's in another room. LOL!

Michelle- Sorry you didn't get all of Cardio Fusion in. I tried that one one time and figured I need to get the originals down first. I was like all over the place, tripping all over, trying to figure out what's next. LOL!

Jen- Sounds like you had a great workout yesterday! Love when that happens. Good idea on planning the food. I was really good at that awhile back. I need to get back into it. Funny, you think it takes alot of time to plan what you are eating for the week, but it takes alot more time AND money to go haphazardly on the planning. Things get wasted and you start to eat badly. I've always been curious on the Udo's oil. I add in Flax seed alot and if I added Udo's, I'd really be over on my fat intact. Maybe a mix of it here and there would work.

Gotta run... Need to workout and then hit Costco. Plus, try to clean the house with my left arm. Hoping to color my hair today too. I can't believe how gray I'm getting. Just all the sudden it's really showing up. Not good.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Afternoon ladies, have been swamped at work and buisy. Between work and workin out,no time for anything...
I just did MMax . Evertything heavier than Cathe but the good old biceps. i kept up, but almost did not make it. I did take an extra 30 sec rest.
Did have a great w/o today.Needed it.

Dally's I iced(after every workout) and took it easy on it for 3 months . If it hurt i didn't do it. It has not been bothereing me at all lately. Of course the month off probably helped...

Char, hope you find something. I pay my tanning girl more than 6 bucks and she doesn't do much...

Hello all. I need to catch up...
and get a bath...
Check back later...

Dallys, I love clamm chowder. I make myself a healthier version of a lot of meals I make for the family. I need to get to the grocery store. I am out of salad. I ate a spinach salad last night since that is all that I have. I had to laugh at your dh scrubbing the toilets. That is something I would like to pass to someone else LOL. The dogs start out in the mornings making periodic whining noises if I am not up at the right time. Then once in awhile they will bark to remind me that they are still there. If I try to get a potty break it gets even louder so I stay in bed and suffer LOL.I am sure I will catch up on the sleep somewhere.

Jen, don't tell me Jari's new workout is October. I am expecting it in September:) I think it will be a good one.

Well i am glad im feeling better today and was able to have a great workout!:)
Diane Sue- yes i agree i love cardio fusion, i love the intensity, and the music is awsome.
Jen-Thats a good idea to put together meal plans, I know food is so expensive it hurtsx(
Dallys-Sorry to hear about your arm, but at least you get a break from cleaning!:) Hope it heals up quick!
Anne- Bicep work always kills me too, i think its the weakest muscle in my body, but im working on it!:)

Yesterday you all made me feel so welcomed. How can I refuse to stay on this thread? You asked for it.

I did Body Max yesterday, but with modifications. Today will do Imax One. I'm trying out the August 05' rotation: Boot Camp. It's hard, but will use modifications when I have to.

About the Muscle magazines: Which magazines are you talking about, and where do you find the rotations that Deb and Sue are using?

I've missed you guys, have fun today.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Hey Maniacs! Just finished BodyMax 2 "Cardio Blast" premix. It says workout was 62 min. but I clocked it at 54 min. and burned 367 cals. There was no stretch on this workout. Maybe if you add the stretch it will be 62 min. I did add on the stretch after but didn't time it.

Michelle- Glad you are feeling better.:)

Diane Sue- We always try to make a healthier version of things we cook. You get used to not having to have a boatload of cream and butter and other evil foods. My dog has finally..now that's she's 4...learned that a human potty break in the middle of the night, does not mean she gets one too. LOL!

Anne- Yeah, I bet the month off helped alot. The cortizone shot I had was wonderful and took all pain away. Now I've gone and put myself back a square one. I'll just ice and baby it for a week and then probably call the Doc again if it doesn't improve.

Gotta go cover up the gray now....

OK, back from the prep work. I am going back to the podfitness website today to download at least two more workouts. Maybe I should shop for some new music while I am at it? :) :) My DOMS from yesterday is kicking in. :) Feeling it everywhere except abs. My DH helped our neighbor with her garage door yesterday and today she brought over two pieces of caramel cake. DH doesn't like caramel cake. Uh oh. I do!

Diane Sue-My dogs are EXACTLY the same way in the morning. My DH gets up at 4:30 every morning-which is fine for during the week, but the dogs expect to get up that early on the weekends too. x( Have you ever done a Jari/Ripped rotation or do you typically just weave them in. Someone on her site had rotations based on Cathe's CTX series, P90-X like series, UB/LB Splits, etc. Looked pretty interesting. Wish she had more to rotate.

Michelle-I liek the music on Step Blast also! I have Cardio Fusion but have not tried it yet. I still need more practice on the step combos from the new ones, but I really like them all very much! Glad you are feeling better!

Janie-Glad you are sticking around!

Dallys-Clam chowder sounds delightful! I have been trying to get DH to eat healthier and he is really struggling with it. Today, I asked him to run out to get us something for lunch. He actually said he would not go unless it was something sinful! It's a good thing we try to eat clean the majority of the time-I just know an eating day like today is around the corner....I will not enjoy putting today's cals in FitDay. BTW, Are you using the PC version of it or just the online?

Jen

Dallys, have fun covering the grey:) I try not to let my dogs out to early because I do not want it to become a habit.

Janie, I am so glad you are checking in again. I did a MEF Hers 6 week rotation from th Jan/Feb2007 edition. It was the advanced fine tune you one. Now I am doing the one from M&F Mens magazine that Debbie just finished. It is 12 weeks. It is from the March 2007 issue. It has been a good one. I add cardio 6 days a week and do some yoga and stretch tapes.

We just went to Macdonalds. I thought I was getting the Southwestern
Salad. It turned out being a bacon ranch. They gave me no dressing even though they asked if I wanted the one that comes with the SW salad. They make me so mad.

Jen- I have the PC version of Fitday. I also have "Diet Analysis Plus" which I got from my daughter. She is in Dietetics school right now and that's the version they use in school. It's far, far, far better with the food lists than fitday. It lists tons of brands you see at the store. The down fall is, it doesn't show the macronutrients on the page with the meals you post. You have to go into a diffent page for all that info. So, that's annoying. So, obviously, when I keep track of my food, I have to use both just to see the differences. It's like double time and double aggrevation. LOL! Save me a piece of Caramel Cake! Like, you could turn that down...Hello!

I'm mad at Dh. He invites his family over for dinner and leaves me to clean the whole house (I have to wild-kids prove it too, remember they popped my SB ball last time!). He and DS went on a bike ride. I'm glad they are gone, because I was about to explode on them! Just not in the mood for company. Very moody today. Hope they get rained on.}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.